[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a better early game bro?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: enhanced-7290-1449093252-2[1].png (725KB, 625x580px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-7290-1449093252-2[1].png
725KB, 625x580px
>Is a stone cold killer by level 12
>Gets invaluable status inducing abilities incredibly early
>Maintains usefulness as you move into midgame and it loses comparative killing power compared to the rest of your team by being one of the best mons for catching

I start this thread by nominating Butterfree for best overall early game pokebro of all time. Prove me wrong faggots.
>>
Magnemite desu
Caught one at the Pokémon School and it accompanied me throughout the game.
>>
>>30274646
Even that aside, this nigga remains strong throughout FRLG. Compoundeyes Sleep Powder + Psychic tears apart a lot of shit, and it murders Bruno and Agatha.
>>
>>30274646

I would disagree to be an asshole but its true.Every fucking game i its in I have to find a reason not to use Butterfree to get through the early shitmon stages of the game when Confusion is actually the best move you have
>>
>>30274646
>>30274684
>tfw you beat the elite 4 with a butterfree and magnezone on your team
>>
>>30274646
Compoundeyes Sleep Powder is just too good.

But >>30274684 is also right. Magnemite's resists and stats are damn solid.
>>
Vivillon.
>>
>>30274684
Magnemite and shroomish became early game pokebros for me back in Gen3. In part as surrogate butterfree.
>>
>>30274646
Yeah, absolutely.

I caught a Caterpie at the start because it was the first encounter, and I just wanted to catch something. Ended up playing with it in the Pokemon Refresh, fell in love again. Evolved into a Metapod and eventually a Butterfree. Kept it in my team because I had nothing else I wanted at the moment.

Sleep Powder + Compoundeyes literally catches me so many Pokemon throughout the game.

Compoundeyes + Thief helps me find a Thick Club on Cubone, and farm for Heartscales.

I fucking love Butterfree. Awesome for early game powerhouse, and fantastic mid-late game utility. I love the fucker.
>>
>>30274646
this nigga solo swept lusamine both times

Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance, when the retard clefable gets to move it uses metronome
>>
Is this bug the only guy in SM that
gets Compoundeyes?
>>
>>30274684
This. There's virtually no strong ground pokemon until the last trial. Magnemite does really well in the beginning of the game and continues to be useful later on. Sucks that it doesnt learn thunderbolt naturally though
>>
>>30274646

yes, especially when you're a Bug Maniac doing a mono bug run
>>
>>30276972
aDrive is that you?
>>
That's not Staraptor in DPPt.

>easily available at the start of the game
>Learns Wing Attack early
>Evolves early (lvl 14)
>Gets intimidate
>Evolves at a reasonable lvl 34, while learning Close Combat to counter the rock/steel pokémon it would otherwise struggle with
>Can Fly
>Other moveset options include STAB Return, Brave Bird, Quick Attack, U-Turn, Steel Wing
>Good enough stats to be viable throughout the entire game

Starly/Staraptor is useful early, mid and late game.
>>
>>30277211
The kings of ingame would be
>RBY Nidoking
>DPP Staraptor
>BW2 Magnezone
>>
>>30274646

Toucannon. Although it can't take a lot of hits, neither can Butterfree. Doesn't have the utility of spore moves, but it has priority burn when it evolves fully, as well as Roost, and can learn good coverage moves, mostly Brick Break, which is great for farming Raticates and shit.
>>
>>30277388
BW/BW2 Darmanitan
>>
Any good Mon early early game (like under level 10)?

I hate the starters, I boxed it and mained a pichu and abra duo mainly because I'm unfamiliar with the newer mons (literally my first pokemon game since silver)

Also is there a way to find out what mon are in what patch of grass without looking it up online? I want to catch every Mon I can before I advance
>>
>>30277746
That's not an early game mon.
>>
>>30277843
Magnemite. It's in the trainer's school.
>>
Yes. Plenty.
>>
>>30277843
Magnemite and grimer in the trainers school
You can also catch munchlax in the early route, who later evolves into snorlax
>>
>>30277388
Throw in Alakazam.
>Every game he's in, he's in early
>He's in almost all games
>Is a complete murder train from midgame to forever
He's a bit one note and can get wrecked by most anything if he doesn't one shot shit, but that's not happening ingame.
>>
>>30277925
I'd put him as the king of GSC because he gets the elemental punches as soon as you catch him
>>
How's this for an early game team that I could carry forward all game?

Munchlax, gastly, growlith, Pikachu, machop, abra

Assuming I evolve all as I go, which suck and which should I swap?

I kinda like catching my entire team early game and playing with them throughout
>>
>>30278017
That's alright. Only issue is you have 3 trade evos
>>
>>30277925

>midgame

You can have Alakazam at 16, and there's literally no reason not to.
>>
>>30278017
you have too many trade evos. i'd replace macho with something else
>>
>>30274684
He's been on my team ever since I had to level him up in order to deal with the grass trial
>>
>>30278033
This isn't a problem, I've got a friend who'll happily evolve them as the time comes

But otherwise are they OK? I know they're all Gen 1 but they're seriously my favourite and when I saw they're all early game I kinda jumped at the chance
>>
>>30274646
Magnemite is great, Abra is great, Hariyama too
Honestly I felt like I had a great team early game instead of the usual "I can't wait for some not shitmons."
>>
>>30278114
Yeah you're good. A-Raichu is kinda meh but I made him work when I used him. If you want to replace him then you can get a jolteon pretty easily on the second island
>>
>>30278043
You right. You right.

I kinda had this gen in mind when thinking about it which was a mistake. But yeah mine didn't get useful until it learned psybeam at 21 this time due to a bug or some shit.

>>30278017
I found growlithe to be a little underwhelming. It's a shame because finding him early got my gen1 nostalgia into high gear since that was the last gen I used arcanine in. But yeah I wound up replacing it with that slutty lizard, slazzawhatever. Decent special attack and speed with fire/poison is pretty fun.

I could just be using growlithe wrong though.
>>
>>30278178
Oh nice, I like jolteon, are elemental stones fairly easy to get?
>>
>>30278202
Yeah you can get them in a shop on the second island.
>>
>>30278249
Jolteon, Snorlax, Gengar, Alankazam, Arcanine and Machamp then, sounds like it could be cool
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.