[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people endlessly grind for perfect IVs or shiny Pokes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
Why do people endlessly grind for perfect IVs or shiny Pokes when it's so easy to just hack in what you want? What's the purpose of soft resetting for 3 hours in a row to finally get decent IVs only to play someone online who has perfect everything?

Is it for a personal reward or something? Do you feel better having a legit team? Is it even possible to have a legit team? It would be so easy to trade and get something hacked without realizing.
>>
>>30272880
>Why do people work for money when it's so easy to just steal what you want?
Gee, I dunno OP.
>>
>>30272937

nice bait
>>
>>30272880
It's more satisfying to do something yourself than to cheat your way to your goal.
The culmination of your efforts paying off gives a better feeling than just wiggling your fat ass and teleporting to the goal.
Understand?
>>
>>30272937
>Stealing and Hacking are totally the same thing!

Shut up
>>
>>30272937
i breed and this is a bad analogy anon. the risk of hacking pokemon properly is low to non existent. harder to get caught as well.

op i breed/SR because its somethin to do in my free time. hacking, especially shinies on cart kinda defeats the purpose. i could just play showdown if i didnt want to put in the effort
>>
>>30272880
I'm too retarded to hack my 3DS, and I put it to the latest firmware to play online already anyway.
>>
>>30272961
3rd post best post.

There is no point in me playing if I hack since RNG and searching for rare Pokemon is part of the gameplay.
>>
Hello I need 6iv Ditto here for breeding purposes! I have a lvl 43 wimpod on GTS
>>
Do bred iv's even matter anymore? (Aside from hidden power)
>>
>>30273130
why would they not
>>
>>30272880
>play the game
>300+ hours of fun

>hack all the best stuff in the game
>get bored in 3 hours and never pick it up again

t. cheated in X and Y
>>
>>30273133
Where can you train to level 100?
>>
>>30272961
>>30273098

I can understand the self gratification of it all, but do people like you who breed, shiny hunt, train EVs and all that play online competitively? I mean, aren't you always at a disadvantage because of how many hackedmons you'll end up facing? I would be bummed out if I spent all my time trying to work up a legit team only to get stomped out by hackers. No matter what you do they'll always have the better stats, because there are just too many variables in Pokemon to get exactly what you want.
>>
>>30273168
no if i have a 5IV i got myself and someone else has a hacked 5IV we're at an equal advantage
>>
>>30272990
>Stealing and hacking are totally not analogous!
wew lad
>>
>>30273168
I lose anyway since I don't use copy paste teams and only use Pokemon I like.
>>
>>30273168
>but do people like you who breed, shiny hunt, train EVs and all that play online competitively?
I don't, but EV training and Shiny hunting is extremely simple and just gets easier and easier every gen so it's nice to do in the half hour before bed or when I have free time.
I don't bother IV breeding personally.
>>
>>30272880
We have already gone over this. One day you start injecting Pokemon. Next week you are downloading cars. A month later you are [redacted]
>>
>>30273203

I'm pretty casual at Pokemon so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a difficult and long process to breed perfect IVs? And on top of that, don't you also need to try for the perfect Nature?

Am I overestimating what it requires to breed perfect Mons?
>>
File: 1471519993853.png (23KB, 194x177px) Image search: [Google]
1471519993853.png
23KB, 194x177px
>>30273168
>do people like you who breed, shiny hunt, train EVs and all that play online competitively?
no for the exact reasons you specified. I just like EV training and shiny hunting also this >>30273265
>>
>>30273361
you are incredible overestimating. with all the tools the game gives you and how braindead breeding is, you can get a 5IV in like 30 minutes
>>
>>30273265

it isn't possible to always be losing using the pokemon you like. I use the pokemon I like and I face random people online and still get wins.
>>
>>30273361
>>30273415
yeah i bred half my team with 5IVs and good natures this afternoon
>>
>>30273361
Yes. You are overestimating dramatically. Once you have the tools you need
(Ditto, destiny knot, etc.) it's a matter of minutes to hatch a 5-6iv mon. The most cumbersome aspect is gathering up materials, but that can be satisfying once you finally get that one Pokemon you've been eyeing with the ability you want to breed.
>>
>>30273436
It's easy when your favorites include Aromatisse, Heatmor, and Vullaby facing Aegislash and Mega Mom. Liking Pokemon based on looks is suffering (although I hit the jackpot on Pheromosa)
>>
>>30273361
Getting all the items sucks, but once you have them you're set. It gets faster every generation, now that I'm set up I could turn any random Pokémon into a 5IV fully EV trained perfect version in an hour.
>>
>>30273168
in BW i used hyperGTS* excessively and realized that the people I was battling against also generally had perfect iv, perfect ev-trained mons. i skipped bw2 and only got in on xy well after oras, but even when i moved up my hacked (but not illegally modified) mons i'm positive that a large amount of mons i faced in battle were also hacked, but not nearly as many as in bw

*i'm pretty sure that's what is was called
>>
>>30273361
if you can get yourself a perfect iv ditto (hack it and take the GTS delay desu) and a target mon with the right nature then it shouldn't take more than 90 minutes to get a target 5IV mon with the right nature
>>
As many anons have pointed out, breeding in Pokemon has become exponentially easier with each passing gen. It used to be time consuming but once you're set up it becomes pretty comfy. I hatch competitive shinies just to have them.
>>
The minute you can get whatever you want, you start to lose interest
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.