[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions of a returning player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: STARING INTENSIFIES.png (100KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
STARING INTENSIFIES.png
100KB, 519x370px
Okay so this thread might continue for a bit because I've got quite a few questions as someone that played X/Y/ORAS just to go through the game and didn't do anything big or competitively or even did breeding. Hopefully you will forgive my ignorance in these questions.

1. What the hell is Synchronize and why is everyone addicted to having pokemon with it? What does it do? What is important about it?
2. What is up with people with "balltism"? Do the other balls even mean anything other than their stated effects like quick balls?
3. What's the best pokemon to use to catch pokemon? I heard that Gallade is really good because false swap + sleep but is there a better option?
4. How can you check for hidden abilities without catching every single pokemon you find for it?
5. Shiny 6. IV Ditto with adamant destiny knot. Why is adamant the best trait for the ditto to have?

I might have more questions, but those are at the top of my head. The main question is the Synchro.
>>
1. Synchronize is an ability that gives wild Pokemon a 50% higher chance to have the same nature as the mon with Synchronize, if it's in the lead.

2. Balltism is just people wanting to catch Pokemon in balls that fit them aesthetically. That's it, nothing gameplay-related really.

3. I'm not sure but you can't get Gallade in S&M.

4.People use Trace or Skill Swap from what I've seen.

5. I dunno lol
>>
>>30273126
So for 1 basically catch a bunch of pokemon with different natures with the synchro ability and use those as lead pokemon to catch shit?
>>
>>30273126
For 5, adamant is an optimal nature for quite a few pokemon. Modest, timid, and jolly are also good natures to have on hand.
>>
>>30273154
From what I understand, that seems optimal.
I haven't actually done anything of the sort myself, but I hear these things around /vp/ a lot.
>>
>Synchronize
Causes the enemy to get the same status effect as you and it also gives a 50% chance of wild Pokemon having the same nature as the Pokemon out front in your party with Synchronize.

>Balltism
Fashion

>SOS chaining/catching
My opinion is anyone with False swipe, a good damaging attack with alot of PP and a self heal (Roost) is good since killing off 100+ Pokemon that are called in to help can take it's toll on your Pokemon even if they're weak.

Also SOS is a system where wild Pokemon in danger of being killed call in another Pokemon for help, each time the original Pokemon calls in another with SOS, they have a much higher chance to be shiny and have better IVs (After like 40 SOS calls a Pokemon will most likely have about 4 Maxed IVs at least when summoned.

In some cases you can use SOS to catch previously impossible to catch Pokemon, on the first island you can SOS chain Munchlax into calling Snorlax.

Or Bagon into calling Salamence which will be level 9-10

And so on.
>>
>>30273264
SOS can also summon pokemon with their hidden ability.
I caught an already evolved Espeon with 4 max ivs and magic bounce.
>>
>>30273264
Ah yes SOS that was the thing that I was forgetting to ask about. I figured it was the help system but I couldn't be sure.

Thanks for the help everyone!
>>
OH I FORGOT. Anyone that sees this.

What is the fastest way to hatch eggs? Is there some kind of item? I heard a pokemon with a specific move as well? What's going on there?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.