[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alola mon are NOT slow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Me Mathing.jpg (55KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Me Mathing.jpg
55KB, 450x300px
Can we stop with this Alola is slow meme. I did the calculations. And...Alola Pokemon are NOT the slowest Pokemon.

I averaged the speed of all fully evolved Pokemon in each generation. If a Pokemon had multiple forms, I chose the one that was first introduced. As a result, Alola forms were excluded. Megas were also excluded.

Speed from fastest to slowest.

Kanto - 82
Unova - 81
Sinnoh - 80
Kalos - 79
Hoenn - 75
Alola - 74
Johto - 68

Discuss.
>>
>>30272853
/vp/ doesn't include Johto because Gen 2 was a mistake.
>>
>>30272853
>ever giving a shit about Johtomons

Fucking lmao barely any of the ingame characters gave a shit about Johtomons. It legit almost doesn't count as a region. It's the more weeb Kanto
>>
>>30272853
Johto pokemon are just that forgettable outside of Scizor, starters, tyranitar and the legendaries
>>
>>30272853
>Alola mons are not slow!
>second slowest

Anon...
>>
>>30272884
Edgy underageb& detected!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>30272965
>By 1
>Behind Hoenn
Wow, so slow.
>>
>>30273002
Still the second slowest. You see the math right in front of you it doesn't change anything
>>
Just invest EV in SPD (with 31 IV in that too) and build something around to accommodate moderate speed.
>>
>>30273002
Yet gen 3 still had plenty of fast mons and most mons that look fast were fast. Alola has shit like vikavolt.
>>
For me it's a combination of Alola mons being slow and older, faster mons being common
>encounter zubat (or wingulls or golbat or orinoco or whatever else infests this island hellhole)
>can't escape because your Alola mons are slow as shit even if they are 5+ levels higher
>zubat used confuse ray!
>somehow manage to get a hit off despite the confusion
>zubat just barely survives
>zubat called for help!
>zubat appeared!
>repeat
>>
Excluding alternate forms and megas kinda defeats the point since they still contribute to speed creep all the same. What matters is that Alolamons are considered slow compared to what is good, and thus useful, in the current meta.
>>
Balanced stats including slowness is probably good honestly, Sinnoh and Unova had too many glass cannon minmaxed mons
>>
The real problem is that if they were going to make Alolamons so slow they should have HEAVILY compensated by making them bulkier in return. I sort of feel like they did right by Incineroar and Kommo-O since I was surprised by how well they managed to take certain hits but holy FUCK is everything else SLOW and FRAIL. Which makes no fucking sense
>>
GF has a flawed stat system, you could have godly stats, a great movepool or offensive typing but having a shit speed is a death sentence unless youre a wall
>>
>>30272853
>alolashitmons aren't as slow as johto shitmons

and you're not as autistic as rain man. That doesn't make you better than him, or even good, period. Kill yourself
>>
It's still slow, you just get the occasional fucker like kickbug bringing the whole average up a point or two.
>>
>>30272876
What was wrong with gen 2?
>>
>>30273429
Barely any of the Gym Leaders used Johtomons for one. It's not until the 3rd Gym that you even see one get used, and then they fuck it right back up on the 4th and 5th gym
>>
>>30272853
That's a really bad average considering that Johto introduced a buttload of babbymons t
>>
>>30273490
This. Johto has more shitmon than Alola and Sinnoh combined.
>>
>>30272853
>Unova second highest

I would have assumed it was the slowest with all the molasses ass shit like ferrothorn and conkeldurr running around
>>
>>30273540
Take into account almost all Unova mon are usable to some extent. Relatively few shitmon.
>>
>>30273490
They only counted fully evolved mons.

>>30273540
Unova (and kanto) for the most part are fast pokemon (90+, usually 100+) with a small handful of really slow fucks, inverse of alola and hoenn.
Johto is just shit.
>>
>>30273540
Unova was above average when it came to BSTs in general. It's very difficult to find a fullblown shitmon in BW1
>>
Speed roach is throwing off the average
>>
>>30273883
72 without speed roach. I might actually remove Shuckle and Pyukkumuku to see if it makes a difference.
>>
>>30272853
Redo it without the legendaries and UBs for each region
>>
>>30273974
Okie dokes
>>
>>30274003
I'll post the exact numbers this time. Last time I rounded to the nearest whole number. I'll round to the hundredths place this time.

1. Kanto - 80.61
2. Kalos - 79.18
3. Unova - 77.20
4. Sinnoh - 76.00
5. Hoenn - 72.52
6. Alola - 65.25
7. Johto - 63.10
>>
>>30274293
*64.41 on Johto.
>>
File: 1479949510339.gif (35KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479949510339.gif
35KB, 480x270px
>>30272853
>tfw my favorite is gen 2 and gen 7
fuck
>>
File: 1433069983615.png (97KB, 433x392px) Image search: [Google]
1433069983615.png
97KB, 433x392px
>>30274293

Thanks for this thread, anon. Was interesting.
>>
>>30273077
And three of the fastest Pokémon in Ribombee, Salazzle and Pherosma.
>>
>>30273110
Except Alola Marowak is extremely useful in the current meta despite being slow as molasses. Speed is useful yes but Pokemon can be fast and horrible, like Ninjask.
>>
>>30272853
How many pokemon are there that lose speed when they evolve, and what gens are they from
>>
>>30272853

If you exclude megas and reigonal variants, you might as well exclude any babies from Johto and any new evolutions introduced in Gen 2.
>>
>>30276598
Literal autism.

>>30272853
OP Alolan mons are still slow as fuck. They're on average 1 point higher than Johto.
>>
>>30272853
But you didn't realize that Alola IS slow by the extent of it being the 2nd slowest?
It's by far the most fluctuating region of mons when it comes to speed, as some like UBs are stupidly fast
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.