[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? How can we fix it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

File: 768Golisopod.png (168KB, 418x418px) Image search: [Google]
768Golisopod.png
168KB, 418x418px
What went wrong?
How can we fix it?
>>
>>30272478
They already did.

It's called ARAQUANID.
>>
>>30272478
After playing around with the game mechanics, Emergency Exit isn't actually that terrible.

Now, if we're talking about its Speed, it needs all the help it can get.
>>
>>30272478
Emergency exit now makes the opponent switch out. Effectively a free red card.
>>
>>30272528
>now
What
>>
Use it as a late game sweeper and use Emergency Exit to your advantage by switching things in AFTER your opponent moves and gaining momentum.

If you don't like Emergency Exit just don't use the Pokemon; the whole point of its existence is its ability.
>>
It's not perfect, but I don't think it really needs fixing.
>>
>>30272563
It's a hypothetical
>>
>>30272525
Trick Room, I guess.
>>
>tfw have both this guy and araquanid on my team
Is this a bad idea? I use Golisopod for first impression and sucker punch. And then Araquanid just for water moves.
>>
>>30272608
I'm not thinking tonight
>>
>>30272478
I'd totally use it but I already have a bug and water type (VIkavolt and Wishiwashi)
>>
>>30272715
my nigga
>>
File: 1478742876627-pol.jpg (135KB, 1000x817px) Image search: [Google]
1478742876627-pol.jpg
135KB, 1000x817px
>play predominantly trick room
>all these new slow ass Pokemon with high attack and special attack stats
>>
>>30272478
It can learn sucker punch right?
Leech Life
First Impression
Suckerpunch
Aqua jet

There, it's not so bad anymore.
>>
Is it still all that bad if I don't care about getting into competitive play?
>>
>>30272478
If only emergency exit activated at the of a turn
>>
He's already on track to being OU

Nothing went wrong.
>>
>>30272478
Give it Huge Power.
>>
>>30273268
Not at all UmI used the set in >>30273196 and it was awesome.
>>
>>30272525
>having issues with speed
>when it learns 3 priority moves
>>
>>30273192
Fucking this.

80% of this gen has really good stats but shit speed. This kind of senario is exactly why Trick Room was made.
>>
>>30272478
Assault Vest.
>>30273192
You always struck me as a Rain Offense guy Nige.
>>
File: tumblr_ofx18haF6Z1udnasso1_1280.png (671KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofx18haF6Z1udnasso1_1280.png
671KB, 1000x1000px
>tfw First Impression
>>
>>30274241
This. Atk/HP EVs, run First Impression, Aqua Jet, Sucker Punch, and either Leech Life or Liquidation. Hit with a priority move (if you suspect your opponent of using one go with first impression, since it's priority +2), then eat an attack and switch out to something that can mop up for free.
>>
If it gets intimidate as a new HA in the third version
>>
>>30272478
>idiots that don't know how to fucking use priority and bulk to sweep: the thread
you should be ashamed of how stupid you are
>>
Make it hit THEN retreat instead of just retreating.
>>
>>30274488
but there is literally no reason to use golisopod to do so when you can use scizor and mega scizor

fix it by making the opponent retreat when it hits 50% HP. make it once per battle so you can't abuse it with leech life
>>
>>30272525
>high atk and def with multiple priority moves
>"He needs speed"
>>
File: no.gif (1MB, 320x173px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
1MB, 320x173px
>>30273192
>mfw none of the new Pokemon actually learn Trick Room in spite of their awful speed
>>
Golispod's meant to be a Samurai, right?

What the fuck does Emergency Exit have to do with Samurai? I don't get it.
>>
>>30274488
>hur durr just spam priority and u win

Do you only play against the computer and 12 year olds or something? predictable shitmon since it literally has ONE viable, predictable moveset.
>>
>>30275256
More of a just rad looking dude but yea.

They wanted him to have a sort of downside and it's just wimp out but renamed
>>
>>30272525
Yeah it's not terrible, I do think it should have been given a secondary ability so you wouldn't be forced to use priority spam. It only really works as a revenge killer as it is
I think the biggest problem with emergency exit is that fact that you switch immediately after taking a hit even if you haven't moved. Which is a massive downside with this things speed. The ability would have been great if the switch happened at the end of the turn. Then you could leech life and get back above half health so emergency can be used again when it comes back in
>>
>>30272618
>mu pokemon is slow
>trick room will solve its problems
It don't work like it anon, specially when there are better alternatives
>>
>>30275256
>in reality, it's the samurai who fear the jew.
>>
>>30272478
It got a cool ability, that works wonders with the new signature move and the beastly bulk.

I swear /vp/ knows nothing of competitive.
>>
>>30272478
>This thread for the 50th time
It has already been established Goli is a good mon.
>Can tank a lot of hits
>Access to a great healing move and swords dance (works well if it is the last pokemon on your team alive)
>Access to priority moves (but tapu lele will screw you over)
>Emergency exit is actually good if you attack before your opponent (the next mon switches in clean)
>>
>>30273192
>my favorite trick room setter isn't available
I just want to use my Audino dang it ;_;
>>
>>30274347
Sword dance for mind games
>>
I have a wild-caught golisopod (without aqua jet obviously). Is it worth breeding and training another up if I want to take it online, or is it viable to use another set, like in a trick room team
>>
>>30275709
If you heal back past half with a held Sitrus berry it prevents Emergency Exit from activating. Probably one of the better items for it.
>>
It needs pursuit
>>
>>30273196
That's literally the set everyone is using and the thing works fucking fine, like the only real flaw it has is Stealth Rock weakness.
Not everything needs to be a fucking setup sweeper.
>>
Wimpod's evolution line is basically Guzma. It starts off as a powerless wimp. Then it evolves to become something that hits really hard but still wimps out if you hit back hard enough.
>>
stats aren't good enough for the ability
>>
>>30275709
>Then you could leech life and get back above half health so emergency can be used again when it comes back in
emergency exit only works once per battle
>>
>>30278969
No. It works every time Golisopod drops below 50%.

If you get hit below half, swap out, swap back in, heal up with leech life and then get hit again it'll pop a second time.
>>
>>30275256

this is a stretch but I thought of him akin to Gilgamesh. That samurai is stonk as fuck but always runs as the first sign of trouble and only sticks around when his back is against the wall.
>>
>>30272478
tough claws
>>
>>30273327
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>30272478
The problem is, you're playing Smogonmons singles. You need to be playing VGC doubles where you can gastro acid his ability or use his Emergency Exit to your advantage.
>>
It's pretty good desu.
>>
File: 765Oranguru.png (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
765Oranguru.png
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>30275234
Tricks out for Harambe
>>
>>30279800

>gastro acid his ability

what did that accomplish? now you have a Golisiopod that won't run
>>
>>30279849
Buffing with Swords Dance/ Iron Defense, etc.

Does Golisopod get access to anything that buffs Sp. def? I think he'd be pretty great with two or three boosts.
>>
Will there ever be an auto Trick Room setter? Every weather/terrain has one.
>>
Give it Intimidate or make it so it scares others off.
>>
>>30280087
No because it would be hideously overpowered
Weathers and terrains don't have negative priority and don't majorly affect every single pokemon
>>
>>30275256
In french the name is based on Samurai, and the ability is named "tactical retreat"
>>
thats what your dad said when he got your whore mother pregnant OP
>>
>>30272478
Emergency exit is great. Punch holes in the opponent until it triggers, then hang on to him until late game where he can finish off your weakened opponents with ease. Emergency exit is a free switch, considering what his skill set is you'd be switching him out anyways so this way it's free and doesn't cost a turn. Awesome.
>>
>>30281122
And it messes with people at the Battle Royal as well.
>>
>>30273192
>get a torkoal just to deal with the slow motherfuckers
>find out he has drought now and burns villages with its eruption
>>
Emergency Exit turns whatever damaging move he manages to use on the turn before he hits 50% into a free U-turn
>>
>runs from wild battles
>still manages to get one hit often
>>
but what about

LAST IMPRESSION
>>
>>30283398
Heero, pls.
>>
>>30282006
>Golisopod
>getting one hit often
With that Def stat?
>>
>>30283431
Relena pls

also I named my Golisopod Zechs
>>
>>30273268
Only when you need to catch things and forget about his ability. He's fine in the game.
>>
>>30274966
1. doesnt die to a fire type fart
2. first impression hits way fucking harder than bullet punch
3. gets to duck out for free
>>
>>30279942
just wear assault vest
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.