[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they the new genies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

Are they the new genies?
>>
>>30265609
Fuck no. genies are ugly as shit
Top Keks are ok.
>>
Metawise, maybe

Designwise at least they have distinct designs without needing a sequel to give them new forms
>>
>>30265609
They aren't bad designs so no
>>
>>30265609

They'll get used as much as the genies but for very different reasons.

Genies are just too fucking good at everything they do and go on any team haphazardly. These guys are very good at one thing and will likely have teams built around them....which is a good thing.

Plus their designs are far less obnoxious....they all do share a theme but they are still very distinguished from eachother, unlike the genie trio.
>>
Design wise no, and in terms of being god tier no. Fini is actually mediocre, could be BL or UU. Meanwhile, Bulu is great but has too many counters running around. Lele and Koko are probably the best, with Koko being the new rain team staple with best birb and Lele 2HKOing every mon and their mother.
>>
Kind of apples and oranges. Tapus are more valued for their contribution to the team through terrains, while genies are just incredibly good Pokemon that can run trains.

Ultra Beasts will probably the new genies, I feel.
>>
>>30265651
At least they look better.

>>30265882
Fini is the only Tapu which is predominantly a support pokemon. Look at some of the calcs on Bulu/Lele. With their respective terrains they can 2HKO almost the entire meta. Koko is super fast and while it doesn't have the same raw power as those two is still very strong.

UBs were and still are COMPLETELY overrated, especially in doubles but even in singles. Pheromosa is the only one that approaches brokenness in any meta.
>>
>>30265609
>tfw can't catch any of the tapu
>been trying for two days to get lele
>will not stay in the fucking ball
>constantly wipes my team of pokemon 10-20 levels higher
>currently with just nihilego left on my most recent attempt
>nihilego as survived 15 attacks so far while sitting at 1 hp as i spam ultra balls

FUCK
>>
>>30265609
Yes, as well as the new weather wars.

Every team will have a Tapu in OU and Ubers now.
>>
>>30265682
>yfw they give them new forms in pokemon stars
>>
>>30265651
Koko is ugly but the other three are great
>>
is there any art of them all with their 'shells' closed? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how Bulu looks
>>
>>30266549
They all close differently
Koko splits vertically
Lele splits horizontally
Fini opens horizontally
Bulu opens vertically
>>
tapu lele is goddamn cancer

tapu koko and bulu are regular cancer

tapu fini is minor cancer
>>
>>30266594
yeah, but I really want to see what they look like when they are closed
>>
>>30266617
>bulu is cancer

if you can't kill a pokemon with 5 weaknesses and 75 speed before it OHKs you, you deserve to lose
>>
File: bullfucking shit.png (68KB, 356x317px) Image search: [Google]
bullfucking shit.png
68KB, 356x317px
>>30266549
Pretty sure they close when they use the Z move but I couldn't find footage on Youtube so this is probably accurate
>>
>>30266549
us their z-move
>>
File: 1479267801373.png (82KB, 277x260px) Image search: [Google]
1479267801373.png
82KB, 277x260px
>>30266219
>tapu koko
>get him down to about a fourth of his health, no status
>sucked right in after 3 balls

>tapu lele
>false swiped down to one health, paralyzed
>20-25 balls easily, i lost count
>>
File: 5secondsongoogle.png (862KB, 1174x701px) Image search: [Google]
5secondsongoogle.png
862KB, 1174x701px
>>30266549
>>
>>30266762
I had the same fucking problem Lele ate 35 ultraballs
>>
>>30266766
so is lele supposed to be like a butterfly or something? the lower part of its body looks like a curled proboscus
>>
>>30266033
Buzzwole is really good and will be better once Pheromosa fucks off from OU. Celesteela is a slightly better Skarm and while it doesn't have roost, it can actually hit back. Kartana can be good but probably won't see OU until a lot of shit gets banned, especially smogonsword. Xurkitree is really underrated and Guzzlord is shit except in stall.
>>
>>30266219
I FINALLY got Tapu Lele

It's hasty nature though. Should I stick with this? or soft reset and spend another day or two hoping I get a better nature this time?
>>
>>30266972
yes
>>
File: 1427678021050.gif (46KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1427678021050.gif
46KB, 160x160px
>>30267231

>hasty

Timid or bust
>>
>>30267231
do you not know that you can use a synchro mon like abra on melemele and you get a 50% chance of the mon you are catching to mirror its nature. it doesn't need to battle. just have it out front.
>>
>>30267304
I've tried getting one but that was also taking forever. Guess I'll just grab a bunch of Abra off gts and hope for the best.
>>
>>30267386
Breed them, it's faster.
>>
>>30267386
I got 13 in a couple hours. Quick balls always work. But to each his own.
>>
>>30266651
Try their unique Z-Moves?
>>
>>30265609
they are the new tapus
>>
>>30265609
I like the therian forms better as designs. well mostly for thundurus and tornadus
>>
They actually have different designs so no
>>
File: REMOVE.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>30266850
>ultraballs
Don't. Those only give a 2x boost in capcture rate, while Timer Balls for example give a 4x boost after 10 turns.
Unless you're one of those balltism guys, then good luck.
>>
>>30266972
>>30267251
no it's a cuttlefish
>>
>>30267061
The only good Xurk set is Z-Hypnosis desu and it still suffers from coverage. Z-Rain Dance Manaphy is actually more busted as a stallbreaker since water has better neutral coverage than electric. Scarf is too predictable and volt switches can be punished very hard by ground types.

I agree that Celesteela is legit good though, in literally every meta too. Good in VGC, good in OU, good in Battlespot. Can do almost anything with it and the typing is great.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.