[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question for you breedfags... why do you do it? Why put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

File: vcx67sJ.png (109KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
vcx67sJ.png
109KB, 630x400px
Serious question for you breedfags... why do you do it? Why put yourself through all that tedious bullshit to get perfect Pokemon when you could inject? There isnt any skill, thought process or difficulty in riding your bike/tauros back and fourth. God help you if you wanted a shiny competitive poke with its HA, that is a pure RNG fuck fest and if you dont get the HA you just wasted a shit ton of time.
>>
>>30261545
Well, i've done it for a really long while now and also it just feel better for me
Although i do still use hacked mons to make breeding easier, but i don't use them for anything else
i don't know, i just guess is the effort put in
>>
Stop being the cancer of /vp/ and keep your faggotry to yourself, no one wants to hear it, let people enjoy the game the way they want to.

Sage
>>
>>30261545
This. Tried it once, almost died... I'd rather inject.
>>
>>30261684
Fuck you, sage yourself man.
>>
>>30261545
I'm neither against nor above injecting. I just prefer breeding and raising my mons from scratch (With a 6IV Ditto of course!), because I tend to grow far more attached to the Pokemon I put actual effort into getting, which makes battles feel much more personal, and therefore more satisfying. To me, battling with injectmons just feels artificial and soulless. I try to avoid using them when possible.
>>
>>30261545
Because every breedfag is a fucking autist
>>
I don't have a spare DS
>>
>>30261545
Because I'd have to hack my 3ds and I don't want to do that
>>
>He doesnt just turn the eggs shiny and hatch them fooling everyone around him
>>
>>30262015
Then use your main story team not a bunch of inbreds mons
>>
I'm LITERALLY just too lazy to mod my DS
Especially if it's only purpose is to get some Shiny Pokemon or get really specific EVs, I have smogon for that

I guess it just feels kinda nice waiting for that right moment when you hatch a shiny FEMALE popplio and it has the right natures and all. and while I'm sure I can just inject a bunch of shitmons to wonder trade with it always feels like I'm still helping out the little me who was fucking hype when I got my first breedject starter

tl;dr it's just a preference with some breedfags, anything more is autism
>>
>>30261545
>>30261692
this and this.
all that breed is bullshit
>>
>>30262131
this is pretty funny. i gotta do this sometime, just recently hatched my 3ds
>>
>>30262316
...you can get free, generally-store-bought games from it if you have the right version.
>>
>>30261545
Because getting someone to fill my request in /ekx/ takes 5 times as long.
>>
because the effort adds sentimentality to the Viable Pokemon you took hours and hours to breed.
my Perfect IV mimikyu (which Im working on right now) would mean nothing to me if I just injected it into my team.
>>
>>30261545
Serious question for you injectfags... why do you do it? Why put yourself through all the tedious bullshit to get your game injected with perfect Pokemon when you could just play Showdown? There isn't any skill, thought process or difficulty in CFWing your 3DS. God hel you if Nintendo bans you or your console bricks, that is pure stupidity and if you get fucked by then you just wasted a shit ton of money
>>
>>30262557
Literally this.
>>
>>30261545
because injecting is wrong
>>
>>30261545

im an inject fag, but i like the feeling of hatching a competitive shiny while doing masuda method then giving the rejects to people for free

i do inject most of the competitive mons i use
>>
>>30262486
Piracy is for fags.
>>
File: 200px-Silver_PS2.png (84KB, 200x350px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Silver_PS2.png
84KB, 200x350px
>>30262557
>>30262599
>sentimental value
>for a bunch of stupid pixels

This is why you anons are weak
>>
Because I have a new 3ds xl and the screws came stripped as fuck so the Sd card is forever locked inside. Friends getting back into Pokemon and getting a 2ds so hopefully he won't be a retard and at least get home brew to inject us shit
>>
>>30262644
This. Breedject giveaways are the most fun shit. Also, I'm super autist and I like finding a Pokémon I like, using 6IV Ditto and making it close to perfect.
>>
>>30261545
I don't play competitive and I'm autistic so I love the feeling of all the hard work paying off when I get a 6IV or shiny.
>>
Don't want my 3ds to get banned. Not opposed to cloned mons, but also don't want to have to worry about manually updating my 3ds later. Letting the system handle updates is convenient. I injected when you could do it on a vanilla 3ds and it was really really easy. If injecting becomes that easy again I would gladly do it.

Also, why watch a movie you've already seen? Why replay Zelda for the 50th time? Why play a farming simulator? It's doesn't take much energy to think about and it's kinda relaxing.
>>
>>30262863
Also me: I'm kind of a retard and I literally need someone to hold my hand and walk me through it with very simple instructions.
>>
Because thats how I find enjoyment post game. After completing my Pokedex I start shiny hunting either by chaining or hatching. Sometimes I like hatching competitive shinies just for the sake of it. After passing down egg moves, ball preference and HA, you might as well aim for a shiny.
>>
its a fucking stupid waste of time and i cant believe i use to slog through that garbage in X/Y.
>>
>>30262996
Me three anon.
I've spend the last couple of days trying to find a reasonable guide for my old 3ds but it's all so convoluted at this point I don't know anymore.
I'm on 11.0.33 fwiw
>>
Good luck injecting and then being cleared as legal
>>
>>30261545
Because breeding Pokemon is the right way and injecting is never.

Legitimacy over piracy.

One day, you PkHeX fags will get your just desserts and Nintendo will finally brick your 3DS. Just you watch
>>
>>30262573
Fucking this, why not just play showdown?
>>
>>30261545
Honestly? Because I have too much time on my hands and it gives me something to do.
>>
>>30262573

>why do you do it?

It takes less time than breeding.

>tedious bullshit

yeah, no. Injecting Pokemon through PkHeX is easy as hell and much more convenient than fucking breeding.

>when you could just play Showdown?

Most of us play Showdown, too. And I have every right to play the game I bought.

>There isn't any skill, thought process or difficulty in CFWing your 3DS

Of course you wouldn't know.

>God hel you if Nintendo bans you or your console bricks, that is pure stupidity and if you get fucked by then you just wasted a shit ton of money

I don't care. I can get another 3DS. It's not like they're expensive.
>>
>>30262557
thrills for digital data and pixels HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a loser
>>
>>30263822
what do you mean good luck? its piss easy for shit to pass the legal check.

>>30263873
fuck off back to furaffinity verlisify
>>
>>30261545
I dont have a computer
>>
>>30263892
Whats showdown?
>>
>>30264654
a pokemon battle simulator
>>
>>30264654
An online pokemon battle simulator, you can create your teams whatever you want, specify each of your pokemon nature, iv, ev, moveset (all of this according to the games) so you can test your desired team
>>
File: 1432776681486.jpg (39KB, 590x518px) Image search: [Google]
1432776681486.jpg
39KB, 590x518px
>>30262557
you right.
i stoped liking pokemon from the moment i used pokeGEN / pkhex... Now i don't even play it
>>
>>30261545
As an honest answer OP ive tried it before but all i have is a shitty mac book that for some reason i cant get the pkx thing to work. Otherwise id love to just inject
>>
>>30263903
Same here

It's not really that hard but it's pretty relaxing to just do nothing
>>
>>30262557
This, it acts as a stand-in for the time you would otherwise spend with your in-game pokemon, growing attached to them. The training process for competitive pokemon is way too fast to get the same feeling you did training your starter and the rest of your team through the story.
>>
>>30262557
But what about when those pokemon turn out to be trash or have a fatal flaw that makes you box them? To me, its better to just edit their natures, EVs and IVs post-game so I can still use the pokemon I've used the whole game in a more competitive scene.
>>
>>30262557
Not only that, but it's more rewarding, it's the same with people who wants to play a hard game or do things that make their game harder than it needs to be, because when you're done you feel more accomplished
>>
>>30265926
If you've changed everything about it, then it's no different from just making a new one.

If the Pokemon is flawed then you don't use it and keep going until you get the one you want. It sounds like you think breeding is some long drawn-out process that spits out one Pokemon at the end that might be perfect and might not be. You hatch hundreds of Pokemon through the process. The nearly perfect one is no different from the one that wasn't even close when you started breeding.
>>
>>30266015
>>30265841
In other words, autism.
>>
>>30262573
Everything you just said you got wrong. Injecting isn't tedious at all. Just click a few buttons and you're all set. Yes, we play showdown but we have the right to play the game we bought however we damn well please.

And injecting the pokemon itself isn't really the hard part: its getting everything in working order to begin with. Plus, we'd much rather put our time into figuring out viable movesets and strategies for competitive battles instead of wasting our time breeding countless mons for a middling reward. And guess what? Pkhex has a work around for bans too now.
>>
>>30266113
>enjoying collecting monsters in a monster collecting game is autism

No John, you are the autisms
>>
>>30266113
In that case, congratulation!, you're part of the minority of non-austistic players
>>
I updated my 3DS like a fag before I knew I'd like to save some time.

That's about it.
>>
>>30264040
Literature is just paper and letters.
Movies are just pixels on a screen.
Video games are just data.
A military medal of honor or a nobel prize are just metal.
A wedding ring is also just metal.

If you cannot comprehend the concept of contextual sentimental value being projected on otherwise valueless material things, then you might literally be autistic.
>>
>>30261545
It's fun and relaxing. Also a great time sink. I sunk 900 hours in X breeding 5/6 IV Pokemon I liked and Wonder Trading boxes of breedjects.

Obviously it's not for everyone though. That was when I had a lot more time to spend.
>>
I played through Diablo II again just recently and I think that game is a good parallel here. In Diablo II much of the motivation you have for playing is to get better gear. There's always the incentive of getting something better than you're currently using. When I was a kid and I couldn't handle the enemies in acts 4 and 5 I just cheated in a bunch of gear that made me practically invincible. This killed any enjoyment I had of the game and I stopped playing before I even finished it. There was no more incentive to find better gear or grind act bosses or anything.
In Pokemon, depending on what you play for, it's much the same. For me I enjoy collecting Pokemon and getting those rare perfect IV all egg move ballitism (maybe even shiny) mons. If I just injected Pokemon I would lose out on what I enjoy about Pokemon the most.
Others play Pokemon because they're really into the battles, and that's perfectly fine. I can understand that they don't want to waste hours on what they find to be the least enjoyable part of the game. But those that prefer breeding do so because they find the reward of doing so to be one of the things they enjoy most about the game.
>>
Bred in gens 3 and 4 because I had a shitty social life and nothing better to do.

I bred a bit in gen 5 but also started to use the GTS/DNS change exploit to save time on tedious things.

Gen 6, I said fuck it. No more bike sim. I like the QR injector from last gen as it didn't require homebrew.

Broke down again and homebrewed one of my 3DS. No more monotonous bullshit. Injecting is the way to go. Breedfags can act high and mighty while sucking Verlis' micopenis all they want. I spent the money on my games, I will play them how I want. You wanna breed? Go ahead. When you finish your team in 2 weeks I'll have already moved on to the next meta.
>>
I know I caught them all. Can you say that? Did you go to Toys R US or Gamestop and get a distribution? Did you spend your evening grinding 252 EVs in one stat, finding a shiny Pokemon?

That's the true Pokemon experience.

That being said, I'll hack together a team for being competitively viable. No use wasting all that time to be destroyed by a team created with PKHex.
>>
>>30266491
Not sure how any person 18 or over has that much time to waste, honestly.
>>
>>30261545
ever since gen 4 it's been so relaxing to mindlessly hatch eggs whilst watching movies or marathoning a new tv series. that's why i do it anyways
>>
>>30267820
College
>>
Most people that go through breeding do so because they can't into hacking their DS or because they are afraid to/think it is wrong.

The only game I really got into breeding was X/Y. It was fun for a bit, catching pokemon in the same egg group with the nature I wanted to pass it down and such, but then it got incredibly tedious and boring. I did it long enough to get a 5 IV Intimidate Mawile shiny and that was enough for me. It wasn't "OH JOY! MY HARD WORK PAID OFF!" It was: "Fucking finally."

Eventually I hacked my shit, but I only adjust stats of pokemon I actually intend to use and not 6 IV adjustments either.
>>
They CANNOT HACK THEIR 3DS SYSTEM!

THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WHY.

They are also fine. There is nothing wrong with choosing not to use hacked pokemon. HOWEVER if you are someone who gets a perfect ditto from a giveaway thread, breeds it and then claims to have played legit all along, you're a fucking loser and proven yourself to be too stupid/too poor to hack a 3ds.
>>
My life is very underwhelming and getting the right egg is somewhat satisfying.

That's about it.
>>
>>30261545
Because I like the process of getting egg moves, natures and IVs over the process and then EVing the mon manually. I like the raising the mon to be battle ready more than I actually like the battling itself.
>>
>>30268993
>>30268782
Both liars. Cannot hack their 3ds systems.
These are poor excuses.
>>
>>30262573
>>30263892
Everyone is on battlespot + tournaments
>>
>>30269053
You could at least be a little subtle when false flagging, newfriend.
>>
>>30261545
I just inject the parents and breed them so hatched eggs are as legit as possible.
>>
File: 1472352266439.png (313KB, 568x409px) Image search: [Google]
1472352266439.png
313KB, 568x409px
>>30269139
>Why put yourself through all the tedious bullshit
Literally 45 minutes or so to hack your DS and then have access to customizing it, game hacks (the best part), and of course injecting.

>injected with perfect Pokemon
That's not the only thing you can do with pokemon. I've done things like breed for a base and modifying stats, skipped EV training to get my shit straight, injected legendaries that nobody is willing to trade or asking for stupid shit for, flooding wondertrade with good pokemon when I get tired of getting shitmon from, going through the GTS and fulfilling those requests that have to have been made by an eight year old, etc.
For Sun/Moon autism: I spent twenty minutes resetting for a female Popplio and once I had it changed the nature. The IVs for all of my pokemon have been absolute shit (we're talking single digits with the highest stat being the attack stat that it doesn't use), but I haven't changed them because I think that'd ruin the random dice roll feel it has.

>Showdown
laugh out loud

>There isn't any skill, thought process or difficulty in CFWing your 3DS.
Exactly. No excuses not to unless you were that poor soul that updated to the latest system version.

>God hel you if Nintendo bans you or your console bricks
But you have to be retarded to have either of these things happen to you. Unless they send the ninjas after you...
>>
>>30261545
I updated my 3DS and even then idk how to hack it plus i'm afraid I may fuck up
>>
>>30261684
counter sage
>>
We get it, you vape.
>>
>>30261545
can't hack my 3DS + digital copy
Once pkhex can Ill stop desu
>>
>>30269843
>I updated my 3DS
You can't. There's soon going to be a way for 11.0 and 11.1 to do it without requiring a second DS/Hardmod, but 11.2 won't for a long while.
>https://3ds.guide/
Literally the easiest shit imaginable. Praise be those that actually take the time to do this shit and spell it out for others.
>>
File: 1479697031892.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479697031892.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>hacked my 3ds
>still breed everything normally
>only play competitive on showdown anyways
fuckin sue me
>>
>>30261684
I agree with the OP but also this
I believe breeding is a waste of time but stop making these threads
>>
>>30261545
My 3DS is on the latest firmware because I wanted to play online
>>
>>30262481
>hatched my 3ds
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.