[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are HG and SS the best games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: 250px-HeartGold_EN_boxart.jpg (31KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
250px-HeartGold_EN_boxart.jpg
31KB, 250x228px
Are HG and SS the best games?
>>
idk they're like the 2nd or 3rd best
>>
Idk about that but had best post game and the best wonder events(events actually did stuff not just a gift)
>>
I love HeGoSoSi, they're great
>>
>>30259809
Without a doubt yes. They're the peak of the series, everything after was slowly going to shit until SM.
>>
File: 1463720551631.png (793KB, 1431x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1463720551631.png
793KB, 1431x1056px
>>30259809
>>
>>30259809
nah. the level scaling was still bad and they should've made it so 2nd gen mons were more widespread/easier to get
>>
The best remakes by far. If it weren't for the stuff they kept from the originals, they'd outshine Platinum as the best overall classic Pokemon experience.
>>
>>30260021
This is it. They all have some weakness (B2W2 are too easy, HGSS have a terribad leveling curve, Platinum is still kinda slow, Emerald has too much water), but they're overall the most solid Pokemon games for single player.

Sun and Moon would be up there if they had a better Pokemon distribution and fewer frontloaded cutscenes.
>>
Not with Sun and Moon around.
>>
>>30260591
Not with Sun and Moon around 3rd or 4th
>>
>>30260901
Nah, they're pretty much the best Pokemon games to date.
>>
>>30259809
Best remakes. SM are the best of the series.
>>
>>30260021
>bw2
Change that to fire read/leaf green or get out
>>
>>30262456
I wont be taking anyone saying these games are the best/worst in the series yet when barely a month has passed, but for me they arent better than anything in >>30260021 except maybe Emerald
>>
>>30260901
well crafted bait
>>
>>30262813
It's barely been a week and they already feel like the best in terms of pure cohesion.
>>
>>30263009
Sun and Moon not being your favourite game is bait?

Are Alolasomes gonna be worse than Kalosperm?
>>
>>30263057
I'm just not gonna buy it. Looking at people I know, as well as the wider internet, I saw firsthand people's opinions of XY and ORAS change drastically over time. I mean, you may end up continuing to find them the best a year from now. But I'm certain a lot of the people saying it is now wont be later

I may like it more upon replay, but right now its definitely not the best for me. Not the worst either though. A perfectly good pokemon experience overall. Which kind of bums me out, because I was expecting to be like, having a hard time deciding over if it was gonna be my new favourite or not.
>>
>>30263058
Aha, but see here is the thing.
A game doesn't have to be your favorite to be good, you don't even have to like it, but at least acknowledge what a game does right.

In regards to the Pokemon series, my favorite games lie a few generations back, but that's not going to stop me from saying Pokemon Sun and Moon are just better.
>>
i want to do a battle frontier playthrough of hg since i've never done any facilities other than battle factor

what's a good team i can get conveniently in game? i was thinking of going with something like

Typhlosion @ Focus Sash
-Sunny Day
-Fire Blast
-Solarbeam
-Focus Blast

Suicune @ Leftovers
-Hydro Pump
-Blizzard
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball(?)

Zapdos @ ???
-Thunderbolt
-Drill Peck
-Thunderwave
-Light Screen

I have no idea if this would be good though, i've used a typhlosion like that before in PWT and it worked out okay, not sure on the other two
>>
>>30263240
I'm not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread. I don't know, maybe you're right and I should wait a while, but so far it just feels so fucking STABLE all around, in comparison to other generations which are usually like, hit and miss with some good traits and some really ass traits (or just lack of good traits that should be there).

But Sun and Moon feels like it's solid on all fronts, except for Pokemon spawning and non-skippable cutscenes. I know in some cases stability usually means sacrificing a certain distinct flavor, style or personality, but I don't know if that's the case with Sun and Moon.
>>
>>30263240
I don't think it's gonna replay well. Tons of cutscenes in the first couple hours, not amazing Pokemon variety.

But it's definitely gonna be one of the best games for challenge runs just due to its difficulty.
>>
>>30262544
>>30260901
>>30260591
Lol fuck no. Best graphics maybe. The best in the series is Emerald or HG SS. Let me tell you why:
First off, the gym system is just objectively better than the trials. From a gameplay/immersion standpoint, it feels better taking on the greatest trainers of a region rather than being carted through a little challenge for children by the professor who stays at your side the entire way.
Secondly, any type of environmental challenge like strength/ice puzzles, dark caves and maze like levels are all 100% removed in S/M and all the levels are boring as fuck because of it.
Thirdly, I'm sorry but the cut scenes ruin the experience. Every time a cut scene happens you are taken out of the game and they happen every fucking 20 feet it's god awful. Am I the only one that thinks it's way more epic walking up to the little Kyogre Sprite in that dark misty cave in Sapphire, him just swimming up to you in silence and going straight into battle? Watching the legendary scream and fly around for 5 minutes isn't epic or memorable.
And lastly, speaking of memorable, Emerald had all these incredibly different and memorable towns and areas: the tall grass area, pouring rain and dark, Kecleons blocking your path and a tree house village; the city in the crater only accessible by diving underwater, the ice cave with low and high tide, the desert and deadly sandstorm, the mysterious Regis, the volcano town covered in ash. There's nothing like this is S/M because every single level you are just blasting through on your Tauros in a straight line and every town is just a straight road with the same 4 buildings. Oh, this areas a volcano? Okay, I'm just walking straight through again. Oh look, it's an entrance, two patches of grass, and an exit. Wow what a memorable level that was...
I think S/M has some of the best mons released but the game itself seriously is one of the worst.
>>
>>30263685
It sounds like you're just a nostalgia fag though. You don't really have any place in this conversation since you're broken.
>>
>>30259809
no
Alola > Unova (B2W2) > Hoenn (RSE) Hoenn (ORAS) > Kalos > Unova (B2W2) > Kanto (FRLG) > Johto (HGSS) > Johto (GSC) > Kanto (RGBY)
sorry f.am i dont make the rules
>>
>>30260021
platinum can fuck right off
>>
File: 1470763265989.png (46KB, 221x308px) Image search: [Google]
1470763265989.png
46KB, 221x308px
>>30264031
fuck
put > after RSE Hoenn and before ORAS Hoenn
>>
why do people criticise platinum for being slow but not hg/ss
>>
>>30263354
I agree with your point, but in a series like Pokemon where its not just objective improvements each gen but things like setting, characters, music, etc can be different, there are valid reasons for any game from I'd say, Gen 3 (2 if I were being generous) onwards to be better/worse based on what you are looking for.

>>30263470
It doesnt feel quite as well rounded for me. Like, the intrusiveness of the cutscenes on the first island was actually just not fun for me, and it didnt take until island 2 for me to like Lillie and island 3 for me to like Hau, after the game allowed things to breathe. And Trials have been very lame, outside Totem battles. Also, the region had very few dungeons and the ones we got were all small, and a lot of cool places ended up being screen transitions.

I think SM has loads of personality, which is very important for me, so that's a huge plus, but a lot of it feels like trade offs. It got some great stuff and some really bad stuff. I'm not trying to convince you to hate it btw, just explaining why it falls short of being my favourite

>>30263477
I think this too. We need time for people to finish the game and experience what you do after, or start replaying it a few times.

>>30263755
He sounds like a nostalgiafag, but a few of those issues are pretty valid
>>
>>30260021
Either drop BW2 or switch them for FRLG and you're good.
>>
>>30263755
Nice way to negate any legitimate point without making any of your own. Is everyone on this site stupid or is it just the ones calling SM the greatest of the series. (Btw, I played Pokemon for the first time two years ago).
>>
>>30264100
Because it isnt slow.

It has the slow battles, but also has a faster UI when it comes to the bag and PC, faster surfing sped, auto run, faster saving and a region that doesnt have you going to the opposite end of the map for each new gym

>>30264031
>Kalos>
sure buddy
>>
>>30264100
because the areas in hg/ss are smaller which gives you the illusion that the game is progressing faster
>>
>>30264204
On this site, you cant disagree with anyone unless you're a shill, shitposter, baby, nostalgiafag, falseflagger or from Reddit, /pol/, 8gag, /v/, Youtube, Facebook, Serebii Forums or Tumblr.

Having any sort of discussion devolves into people just saying this
>>
>>30264373
>>>/neogaf/
>>
>>30263685
Fuck. I've been playing Moon hard and had this little ach in the back of my mind where I just felt like I wasn't enjoying it. Everything you say is true and it kinda sucks desu
>>
>>30259809
The newest game is always the best game
>>
>>30264031
Does sinnoh not exist anymore? Did cyrus succeed in destroying it?
>>
>>30259809
These games are fucking shit.
>>
File: 1455326055451.jpg (65KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
1455326055451.jpg
65KB, 425x282px
>>30264808
>>
What's with all the S&M shills on this board?
>>
>>30264978
ha ha
>>
>>30264373
Yeah but you can't deny his post was nostalgiafag as fuck. It was a valid concern.
>>
>>30259809
Yes. Whoever says otherwise is a gen5 fag (and potentially underage)
>>
>>30264508
Ok, that was funny
>>
>>30263058
Kek, alolasomes and kalosperm hardly even exist, cry moar hoennbabbie
>>
>>30266512
>hardly even exist
The only people who think this are those things
>>
>>30264246
Save times are exactly the same. Surf speed is exactly the same as Platinum.

The other stuff I'll give you but it mostly seems like bias. The main complaint about Gen 4 being slow is the battles and HG/SS are just as slow.
>>
>>30266658
HGSS doesnt have that "Saving a lot of Data" thing when you move around the Box.
>>
Let's all agree that XY and ORAS are the best
>>
>>30266843
Yeah, it does. It just doesn't happen every single time you access the PC anymore.
>>
File: IMG_6138.jpg (920KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6138.jpg
920KB, 2576x1932px
>>30263685
So I was a HUGE HUGE HUGE denial fag, and I flamed anyone who shit talked the game pre release and I was just saying everyone was bitter, but I can't defend it anymore. Like I still lie to coworkers who ask if they should get it, because maybe other people like it, but I just don't. I made it right before the elite 4 and I quit, and I don't see myself playing again for a while.

I have played every single Pokémon game spare rangers almost 10-15x each, I ABSOLUTELY love doing repeat playthroughs. But this game is just too bad for me, everything this post says is true.

I tried not to be jaded and I tried to enjoy it every single time I played but besides the Pokémon I'm just miserable in it.

Sorry Pokémon, back to old games I go
>>
>>30267299
which is a massive improvement

>>30267509
I hope you learned a valuable lesson. A game you havent played does not deserve your defense
>>
>>30262808
t.faggot that probably hasn't gotten past the 2nd gym in BW because muh cutscenes
>>
>>30267858
Like I don't know if I don't get to hold a valid argument since I didn't beat the elite four and do the zygarde stuff, but it doesn't sound like an enticing reason to finish. I hoped for so much but it was letdown for me
>>
>>30268083
I mean youve pretty much explored the region.

I'm liking the games well enough, but I'm completely baffled at how people can say they are near perfect.

And especially confused at "Trials are a breath of fresh air"
>>
>>30266570
You're right, they do exist, they outnumber you hoennbabies/unovabortions by quote a lot actually, just not on this board. Stay mad, cuck.
>>
>>30268287
They're not near perfect, but they get a lot of things right for me, at least, mechanically that is.
>>
>>30260021
100% agreed. I really, really hope Sun and Moon get some kind of follow up because the games do SO MUCH right but still need fixing in certain areas.
>>
>>30268816
I'm really terrified that when and if they get a follow up, all of that progress will be utterly undone.
>>
>>30268495
>stay mad, cuck
Next time,say that first so I dont have to waste time reading the rest of your comments.

>>30268747
That is understandable
>>
>>30259809
I only got two problems the trainers and pokemon are too low level also the lack of Johto pokemon.
>>
>>30260021
There it is. Perfect.
>>
File: sableguy.gif (356KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sableguy.gif
356KB, 300x300px
-Blue>Red>Yellow
-Crystal>Silver>Gold
-Emerald>Ruby>Sapphire
-Leafgreen>Firered
-Platinum>Pearl>Diamond
-SoulSilver>Heartgold
-White>Black
-Black2>White2
-X>Y
-OR>AS
-Moon>Sun

7>5>3>2>1>4>6
Don't give a shit what any of you turdburglars think about it.
I'm so handsome, cool and correct.
Fuck you
>>
>>30269660
what are you on about?
>>
>>30269660
headcanonass
>>
>>30260021
This
>>
>>30268956
>gets this assmad by words

No wonder you don't belong here, let me redirect you, friend:

>>>/t/umblr
No need to thank me :^)
>>
>>30269660
>being this objectively wrong

I almost feel sorry for you kiddo
>>
File: 1475527904074.png (117KB, 305x382px) Image search: [Google]
1475527904074.png
117KB, 305x382px
>>30270609
Ebin kek! Am I right!?

Reeee brotherhood!
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.