[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is _he the new Flareon? This thing has no moves.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 741_03.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
741_03.png
54KB, 300x300px
Is _he the new Flareon?

This thing has no moves.
>>
I got a shiny, and was so disappointed when I realized it got no moves.
>>
>>30251256
No Gen 7 pokemon really has moves, give it one more game.
>>
>>30251297
No Will-O-Wisp even? Really?

Fuuuug.
>>
File: 14801811263951.png (480KB, 771x870px) Image search: [Google]
14801811263951.png
480KB, 771x870px
>>30251256
No.
>>
>>30251256

At least oricori has good typing and can use BP
>>
File: 741.png (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
741.png
48KB, 300x300px
>no Fiery Dance

what is the fucking POINT
>>
>>30251256

>Could have made four distinct forms, each with their own level up moves and TM compatibility
>Instead make it one Pokémon that changes forms through giving it an item

Why is gamefreak so stupid?
>>
It's a gimmick mon. Like Farfetch'd. Or Delibird.

The whole point is to use it in doubles in conjuction with, say, something with quiver dance.
>>
>>30251404
Or Lunar Dance
>>
>>30251374
To copy it and get a free extra move. Revelation Dance has higher power anyway.
>>
>>30251384
I have no problem with it being able to change forms, but it sure limited its movepool.

Couldn't they have just made each learnable move a "slot" that would alternate when it changed forms? Something like Rotom:

If it learned Thundershock as Pom Pom style, change it to Ember for Baile, Hex for Sensu and Confusion for Pa'u

If it learned Shadow Ball as Sensu, change it to Flamethrower for Baile, Thunderbolt for Pompom and Psychic for Pa'u

they do something similar with the Eeveelutions, except you can't switch forms with them
>>
Is it viable in game? Pom-poms is qt but that movepool is just the worst.
>>
>>30251466
They could have just made a weaker version of Revelation Dance for lower levels.
>>
File: wormadam.png (51KB, 348x479px) Image search: [Google]
wormadam.png
51KB, 348x479px
you know you fucked up when even wormadam is better than you
>>
>>30251486
I went through the game with one, and it worked out fine. Just teach it Acrobatics and Work Up/Swords Dance as soon as you can and keep Baton Pass for totems.
>>
>>30251486

You can get a LOT of mileage out of Pom-Pom thanks to god tier typing and early availability, but its lack of coverage catches up to it by level 30 or so and not even roost + Air Slash is enough.

It's not a complete shitmon, it's just a crutch.
>>
>>30251486
Anything is viable in game. It sucks a bit until it learns Air Slash, but it got me out of a few rough spots with Totems. It's pretty fast and Air Cutter hits both Totem and ally. Mind you, I was using the Sensu one since the beggining (got the nectar from a trade), which is the best typing.
>>
>>30251598
>>30251615
You're really better off with Swords Dance + Acrobatics even into mid 40s than with Air Slash.
>>
>>30251486
It has good stats and typing for early game, and Air Cutter + Hidden Power do well enough. Falls off in the middle though, until it learns Revelation Dance.
>>
>>30251656

There are better Pokemon for this, though. Although, like I said, Pom-Pom style is ridiculously safe.
>>
>>30251656
I liked having it hold Sharp Beak + it had Hidden Power, Teeter Dance and Calm Mind.

Also it was Modest
>>
>>30251256
>>30251319
>>30251374
>>30251548
Oh come on how bad could it b-
>looks at serebii

Holy fuck you werent joking
>>
>>30251548
Hey, that's not fair. Wormadam got buffed this gen.
>>
>that cunt with 4 focus sashes and teeter dance
>>
>caught a modest pompom
>mfw it doesn't learn any electric moves
>mfw NONE of the others learn any moves based on their individual types
Holy fuck it still amazes me how fucking stupid this is
>>
>>30251862

revelation dance
>>
>>30251701
Of course there's better Pokemon for that, but until it gets Revelation Dance and then Hurricane, it makes quick work of most opponents with 110 power compared to Air Slash's 75 power. Then there's also the consideration of Swords Dance giving it +2 instead of +1 from Calm Mind.
>>
>>30251256
It has all it needs. Its a suporter not attacker
>>
Funny ,My Pompom was great in game.
>>
Oricorio is a Pokemon that is designed for Doubles abuse rather than ingame or Singles. While it has mediocre-ish stats, Dancer allows silly shenanigans with copying Fiery Dance, Quiver Dance or Swords Dance to Baton Pass stats over to other mons, or crippling physical attackers with Feather Dance and basically forcing switch-ins. Plus it has plenty of support moves in the form of Helping Hand or Tailwind.

Dance birb is still not amazing, but it could be a fun gimmick mon
>>
weeb one > spic one > leaf skirt one > cheerleader one
>>
>>30252218
>I-It's good in doubles
Except it's not good even in Doubles. Is total shitmon with no moves and not even with decent stats.

Funniest thing is that what I just said applies to over half of Alolamons.
>>
>>30251256
they really only need quiver dance
>>
>>30251256
I remember dumb losers tried to tell me their Dancer ability would be good in OU because there's "a lot" of Swords Dancers.

Dumb losers need to realize that I AM NEVER WRONG when it comes to gen 7 shitmons.

I always win, and you lost.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.