[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many fucking battles do I need to go through? I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: battletree.jpg (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
battletree.jpg
24KB, 400x240px
How many fucking battles do I need to go through?
I remember when it was multiples of 7. What is this shit.
>>
Exact same as Maison.
They're number 50 in the Super mode.
>>
>>30250375
How do I get super mode?

I'm assuming 20 straight wins?
>>
>>30250375
This shit isn't already super mode? It gets worse?
>>
>>30250610
I think it was a 20 streak in singles, then you unlock super singles.
>>
>>30251241
Yeah it pretty much assumes you're min maxing right off the bat, it's awful.
>>
File: tokyo chan.jpg (72KB, 540x783px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo chan.jpg
72KB, 540x783px
>>30251277
And then after 10 super single wins you fight a famous trainer.

I got wiped by Wally and his mega garchomp. I seek his blood for redemption.
>>
>>30251241
It gets worse

I just finished it and had to fight Red, who was kinda a pushover desu.
>>
>>30250313
Those of you struggling, I found the BEST team to cheese the hell out of it and get easy wins. Only thing is hope they don't have 3 earthquakers (which happens)

Komala@Assault Vest
Earthquake, Sucker Punch, Return, Rapid Spin
Porygon-Z @Normalium
Thundershock, Ice Beam, Recover, Conversion
Mimikyu@Red Card (or different item I don't care)
Toxic, Shadow sneak, Play Rough, something with whatever coverage you might need.

1. AI can't understand Komala. They will use toxic 10 times before giving up. They'll keep throwing out spikes and you just rapid spin them right back.
2. AI doesn't understand Mimikyu. They'll use a fucking Z move on your disguise. Toxic them and just wait until they kill themselves.
3. AI can't counter Porygon Z. Porygon Z outspeeds everything thrown out. I was only outsped by a Lucario once, but still offed him with Mimikyu. Using Z conversion increases your stats retarded amounts and if thundershock is first, changes you to electric. Fighting moves just tickle you.

Have fun guys.
>>
>>30252437
I regret saying best. It isnt. But it helped me through hard times
>>
>>30252437
Holy shit
OP here
I got through it and beat the Battle Legend Red, not sure if that's always the case for everyone

My team was

Adamant Kartana @Quick Claw (too poor to get scarf)
Leaf Blade, Smart Strike, Night Slash, Sacred Sword

Adamant Golisopod @Assault Vest
First Impression, Liquidation, Leech Life, Poison Jab

>Lycanroc-day(lol) @Rockium Z
Accelrock, Rock Slide, Crunch, HP Steel

The idea was to open with Kartana, who if unchecked, can sweep the entire team or at least 2 mons from the other team because of Beast Boost.
If Kartana was taken out, revenge kill with Golisopod's First Impression, which can happen at least twice due to Emergency Exit

Lycanroc was there for padding, but did help once in awhile.
>>
>>30253612
Worked pretty well considering Kartana was only about half trained (100 Att EV, 100 Speed)
>>
>>30253612
I am working on a golisopod. Pop a few swords dances on that guy and I think he'll sweep real nice. I'm trying to set up a doubles team like my old one.
Immunity Gliscor@orb
Confagrigus@leftovers
Volcarona@something
M Kangaskhan
This got me through like 70+ matches. I want to build a similar team using new mons but struggling to find those that fit the roles. Nothing beats Immunity gliscor honestly. Hes just so fun.
>>
>>30253818
I know 70 isnt a lot but I'm shit and it's good enough for me to have fun
>>
>>30253612
you can get a life orb in resolution cave, better than quick claw
>>
File: 1478282918288.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478282918288.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw too bad at pokemon to ever see a single cameo
>>
>>30254015
I saw Grimsby ( I know) and he kicked my ass immediately. Hadn't built my team to counter him.
>>
I beat normal singles by having a moody smeargle with focus sash baton pass shell smash to Mimikyu after using spore. Disguise lets mimikyu take a free hit on switch in and then you just murder with the super fast and strong mimik.
>>
>Want to use my in game team
>Gave them good moves and items
>Still get rekt
Does GF just hate 6v6 battles? The only way to do them online is with friends but everywhere else is 3v3 for some reason.
With team preview it turns into just picking the mons that counter the other team.
>>
>>30254325
>>Want to use my in game team
>>Gave them good moves and items
>>Still get rekt
they need properly tuned EVs
>>
>>30254015
Yeah, this also makes me sad. I was really looking forward to fighting the famous trainers but i don't want to have to beat literal dozens of random npcs with teams made specifically to be as cheesy as possible. Pokémon world tournament is still the best.
>>
For doubles
Oranguru @ lum berry bold 252/0/252/0/4/0
psychic trick room instruct nasty plot
WishiWashi @sitrus berry brave 252/252/0/4/0/0
EQ Waterfall Ice beam U-turn

turn one trick room and then oranguru instructs wishiwashi to earthquake the fuck out of everyone
throw in some other slow mons and its ez mode
>>
>>30254325

Battle facilities have max i.Vs, are e.v trained, and use hidden abilities. You can't use your in game team.
>>
>>30254015
I can't be fucked to breed and EV train anymore. Gen 6 took it out of me.
>>
>>30254457

>Easiest gen to e.v train
>Took it out of you.

Use Pelago, it's slow but brainless.
>>
File: IMG_2849.png (75KB, 360x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2849.png
75KB, 360x337px
>>30254454
>>30254360
>Have to experience Tauros' wild ride if I want to get good IVs
>Then make them work in Pelago for who knows how long
IVs were a mistake, I can understand EVs since they are easier to change but IVs suck
>>
Even with EV trained legendaries my ass is getting kicked. I just want muh destiny knot, guess I'll get pickup in the meantime.
>>
>>30254360
>>30254454
I blame fucking Japanese players. Not only every single japanese nerd is inflicted with a deadly case of shit taste they are also fucking obcessed with having to grind for hours and hours in every game. Fucking cancer.
>>
Just inject a perfect team. That way you only need to experience the tedium inherent in trying to streak dozens of other minmaxed teams.
>>
>>30254457
This is probably the only reason I can put up with this shit, I dropped competitive completely (EV training, IVs and shit) So now I'm not as burnt out.
>>
>>30254632
>cheating against AI
>cheating in a kid's game
git gud
>>
File: 1479097142415.jpg (135KB, 582x581px) Image search: [Google]
1479097142415.jpg
135KB, 582x581px
>round 1
>get focus sash/endeavor/quick attacked
>>
>>30254632
>Not just raising them yourself from eggs
Although I did get a 6iv destiny knot ditto from a giveaway so that cut down the process by a lot.
>>
>>30254527
I just did it so much that the battling just wasn't worth it anymore. Pokemon wasn't fun.

Just dicking around ingame completing the dex and catching shinies is what I do now. Doomed to casual shit.
>>
>>30254632
But building the team is the fun quick part. Fighting is the tedious bit.
>>
>>30254720
This is acceptable, IV breeding is shit otherwise.
>>
>>30254720
Fuck the destiny knot grind this gen. 48 BP or grinding with a Pickup team for hours is annoying.
>>
How do you break the mold to get a battle tower worthy team?
Just slowly ev train your legendaries?
>>
>>30255314
>Winning 48 non-consecutive battles or less if you do go on a streak
Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>30252437
What natures/EVs
>>
What I'm using:

Dragonite @ Lum
Earthquake, Outrage, Roost, Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Scizorite
Bullet Punch, X Scissor, Brick Break, Swords Dance

Greninja @ Waterium
Scald, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Dark Pulse
>>
>>30257776
>Greninja

Can we still transfer it from the demo right now, or is it too late?
>>
>>30257859
you still can
>>
>>30257859
I don't think it has a limit.
>>
>>30255314
It's not too bad, actually. I would advise using an UB/Guardian team to get the 48. It doesn't take as long as you would think because fights will be giving more than 1BP very quickly. I made the mistake of trying to use my in-game team the first time around and got sooooo frustrated with the Royal/Tree, but I tried a guardian/UB team and got my 50 wins fairly easily in one go.

Tapu Koko @ Expert Belt
Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Grass Knot, Dazzling Gleam

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
High Jump Kick, U-Turn, Ice Beam, Poison Jab

Celesteela @ Leftovers (Replace with Sitrus or something if you weren't lucky with Pick-Up)
LeechSeed, Automize, Heavy Slam, Seed Bomb

This team isn't perfect (relying on Pheromosa's High Jump Kick is terrifying sometimes, Kartana with Choice Scarf is possibly better), but it was good enough for me to get the Destiny Knot so I could work on better compositions for the 200 streak. The biggest problem I've run into is Magnezone, since no one can safely switch into it and if Tapu and it lead Magnezone comes out on top, but the UBs are so strong you can still pull through of those situations. Earthquake on Celesteela could remedy this, but Leech Seed has really helped me out. Some Rotoms can be difficult too, and I imagine Heatran would be hard to take on without sacrificing someone for Pheromosa to switch in or switching Leech Seed for Earthquake.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.