[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, apparently the general consensus is that the Tapu are not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3091.png (74KB, 341x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3091.png
74KB, 341x432px
So, apparently the general consensus is that the Tapu are not Legendary Pokémon. How come?
>>
The games code calls them sub legendaries and their BST is only 570.
>>
>>30248981
Why would you think they are legendaries?
>>
>>30248981
The game mechanically considers them on the same level as all lesser legendaries from the past, so I will do the same.
Same with the UBs and the Type: Null line.
>>
They're the same as trios.
Don't be confused by arbitrary fan terms
>>
>>30248981
They are basically the zapdos/articuno/moltres of this game.. plus 1.

Thats how i see them anyway
>>
>>30249018
The game also calls shit like Articuno sublegendary so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here.
>>
>>30248981
They are?? Classification aside, they're still under the category of what we call 'Legendary'.
>>
>there's only one of each
>they all are revered as some sort of deity
>they all have over 580 BST
>they're all plot points of the game they starred
>>
In the games code Type: Null, Silvally, the Tabu and the Ultra beasts are reference as "Sub-legendaries". Mesprit and co. would most likely be considered Sub-legendaries also, but since they aren't in the dex, we dunno.

So they are essentially legendary in lore, but for game purposes are considered Tier B legendaries.
>>
They are basically the trio of this gen.

By the way what is lele supposed to be?

I never bothered using the Z-move with lele to see the thing put together.
>>
>>30249084
Legendaries are anything that are not banned in battle facilities ingame. Those are mythicals.

Nothing wrong with using legendaries.
>>
>>30249092
>>they all have over 580 BST
They don't.
>>they're all plot points of the game they starred
They aren't.
>>
>>30249164
>They aren't.
That's some shit bait, son.
>>
And whats the big deal with legendaries?
If they appear in a legend they are, thats all
They can be strong or not, who cares
>>
>>30249161
A butterfly or something similar. Her dangly hair bits stick upwards like antennae.
>>
>>30249092
>one of each makes it a legendary

>legendary pokemon are from legends
>mythical pokemon are from myths

The tapu's are known to exist.

>>30248981
Why the fuck is Fini the wrong way?
>>
>>30248981
Meh, whatever floats your boat cause in-game dialogues and references are enough for me to call them Legendaries.

And they do felt like one, cause they rarely show up, have their own abandoned ruins deep on each island and all.
>>
>>30248981
>How come?

Because people are retards, anon.
>>
So much for being literal gods.
>>
>>30249237
The plot of the game wasn't driven forward by the presence of the Tapus whatsoever. At no point in the game were any of your motives driven by the existence of these pokemon. They aren't plot points. Seeing Koko at the start was the equivalent of Ash seeing Ho-oh. It was to put you in awe of the capabilities of the pokemon and give you something to look forward to catching later.
>>
File: 250px-Crystal_EN_boxart.png (131KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Crystal_EN_boxart.png
131KB, 250x249px
Lesser legendaries can be important too!
>>
>>30249346
>Koko gives you the Z-ring stone before even having a Pokémon
>it's not a plot point
Not only does it kickstart your path as the prodigy Trainer MC, it gives the only tangible meaning in your traditionally ambiguous quest.
>>
>>30249162
That's completely wrong, retard.
Mythicals are legendary pokémon not catchable in the main games. Events and sidegames are necessary to transfer them
>>
>>30249346
>>30249451
Not to mention Tapu Fini appoints Hapu as a kahuna in order to get you to The Ultra World.
>>
>>30249543
box art pokemon are mythicals too

anything not banned in shit like the battle maison is free game in my book
>>
File: 1415962051388.jpg (28KB, 362x348px) Image search: [Google]
1415962051388.jpg
28KB, 362x348px
>>30249162
Holy fuck I don't understand how the three different classifications of legendaries are so fucking difficult for you retards to grasp.

- Sublegendaries (official term used in the game's code) are any legendaries that are allowed in Battle Tower/Maison/Tree
- Legendaries are legendaries that are not sublegendaries but are catchable in-game without having to activate a Mystery Gift event
- Mythicals (official term used in NPC dialogue) are event legendaries that are given out or activated through Mystery Gift

That's it, it's not harder than that. Only thing of notice is that Deoxys was technically demoted from Mythical to a plain legendary.
>>
>>30249713
Pokémon that were banned in VGC16 were mythicals, anything included is not a mythical. This includes all cover legendaries.
>>
>>30249803

>Only thing of notice is that Deoxys was technically demoted from Mythical to a plain legendary.

For the last fucking time no it wasn't.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-2016-video-game-championship-format-has-been-announced/

>All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.
>Deoxys

There is no such thing as being demoted. When a Pokemon is deemed Legendary or Mythical, that title and its limitations stay with them for life.
>>
I still haven't fucking started catching the tapus because I have no idea what fucking nature to give them.

WHAT THE FUCK DO I MAKE TAPU KOKO?
>>
>>30250148
>TAPU KOKO
He has higher Attack, start there.
>>
>>30250148
You have to choose.
Will you make it a physical attacker or a special attacker?

It could go either way.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>Go to Free Battle
>Select 'no special pokemon'
>half of opposing team cannot breed
>>
>>30249346
Well, I think that in itself, what marks them as Legendaries. Not shoved into our faces.
>>
>>30250148
Naive
>>
>>30250262
Are megas banned at least? PLEASE tell me megas are banned.
>>
>>30250341
>Are megas banned at least?
No, they aren't.

However the only way to get Mega Stones is thru Battle Tree, each is 60 something points maybe?
>>
File: tapu_bulu.png (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tapu_bulu.png
122KB, 500x500px
Tapu Bulu was here

all other Tapus are fags
>>
>>30249092
Game code terminology over fanterm.
>>
>>30250398
WHELP, guess I'm not bothering with online play. Fucking Gamefreak.
>>
>>30250601
Autism in a nutshell.
>>
>>30250148
>>30250307
>>30250199

Don't listen to these cucks, Timid is the best nature

It has an awful physical moveset. Special gives it access to Volt Switch, HP: Ice, and Thunderbolt

Put EVs in Speed and SpA
>>
>>30250649
>3v3s always filled up with the same redundant megas
>fun
Y-you too
>>
>>30249274
>Why the fuck is Fini the wrong way?
Its not. It's the best position as Fini's shell on the center lacks the white diamond patterns
>>
>>30249040
Can they breed? Is there more than one of them in the world?
>>
>>30251487
Well thats jus bullshit
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.