[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon XY/Sun&Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

Why the fuck are this and Resolution Cave the fucking same?
>>
>>30245308
Has anyone brought a 100% zygarde there yet?
>>
File: guzzlord.png (350KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
guzzlord.png
350KB, 770x562px
Because Mr. Krabs here is Zygarde's counterpart.

Same chest face and everything, appeared before any of the other ultra beasts, colossal HP stat above all else, and the only one not known to exist in multiples. And they both got cucked by Necrozma in different ways.
>>
>>30245740
What's going on with the mouth at the back? Is it supposed to be some weird optical illusion thing?
>>
>>30245800
It's where all the food goes.
Likely a whole pocket universe.
>>
>>30245800
There'a thing in nature where an animal will try and trick another animal into thinking it has two heads to scare them away or to eat them if they guessed wrong.A lot of insects do this.
>>
>>30245835
So this is a less powerful version of kirby?
>>
>>30245941
Everything is less powerful than Kirby.
>>
>>30245962
No shit, it's basically comparing Cthulhu to smarter and more in control of its actions Azathoth... and hopefully benevolent? I mean it seems like Kirby's a pretty forgiving entity for an all powerful elder god. Hell, he's still a YOUNG elder god, so honestly that's probably for the best.
>>
>>30245740
Yep. Citing myself...

>Guzzlord is a kind of counterpart of Zygarde. In some cultures, the Earth is the of the solar system, Pluto is the furthest planet away from it, Zygarde and Guzzlord are both Dragon type, are HP monsters and have that weird mouth in their chest. Zygarde is life, order and the natural evolution, Pluto represent death, chaos, the forced change. At the same time, Zygarde's power (nature energy) is pretty similar to atomic energy, green, powerfull, hidden in the depth of earth, may cause weird evolution or the mutation known as megaevolution (remember ORAS when the nature energy which Groudon and Kyogre use to go to their primal forms created new megastones in Hoenn?), and Pluto also represent the atomic power, that's why its mouth have that pattern similar to configuration of an atom.
Also, Guzzlord design is based on Hala's, who shares his name with a glutton demon.

>"An ala or hala (plural: ale or hali) is a female mythological creature recorded in the folklore of Bulgarians, Macedonians, and Serbs. Ale are considered demons of bad weather whose main purpose is to lead hail-producing thunderclouds in the direction of fields, vineyards, or orchards to destroy the crops, or loot and take them away. EXTREMELY VORACIOUS, ale particularly like to eat children, though their GLUTTONY is not limited to Earth. It is believed they sometimes try devouring the SUN or the MOON, causing ECLIPSES, and that it would mean the end of the world should they succeed."

>"The appearance of an ala is diversely and often vaguely described in folklore. A given ala may look like a BLACK wind, a GIGANTIC CREATURE of indistinct form, a HUGE-MOUTHED, humanlike, or snakelike monster, a female DRAGON, or a raven."

>"While ale are usually hostile towards humans, they do have other POWERFUL ENEMIES that can defeat them, like DRAGONS"."

-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ala_(demon)

1/2
>>
>>30246100
Also both caves have basically the same name

SM cave is エンドケイブ ("end cave")
XY cave is ついのどうくつ ("final cave")
>>
File: 1401307538308.gif (1MB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
1401307538308.gif
1MB, 300x223px
>>30245308
OH MY GOD THE CAVE IS THE SHAPE OF ZYGARDE 100% WITH HIS TENTACLES AND TAIL STRETCHED OUT
>>
>>30246167
No, it's an X and a Y on top of each other
>>
So, I assume that the reason why only 50% is in Kalos is because the rest of him went to Alola to prevent the UBs from fucking shit up.
But did his cells go there as a response to Guzzlord or Necrozma?
>>
File: Third Impact.png (2MB, 854x1923px) Image search: [Google]
Third Impact.png
2MB, 854x1923px
>>30246167
You're slow, huh? That was really obvious
>>
File: gay lizard (gay).png (466KB, 656x372px) Image search: [Google]
gay lizard (gay).png
466KB, 656x372px
>>30245853
my lizard does this
he is a fat tailed gecko, if something were to attack the tail it would fall off and he'd be able to run away. His tail has never fallen off but if I'd did I'd be tempted to find out if it tastes anything like slowpoke tail owo
>>
The royal family used the Cosmog that Solgaleo and Lunala gave them to create wormholes. Cosmog died and became Necrozma, and Guzzlord emerged from the Ultra Wormhole and destroyed all civilization on Poni Island. It was such a major threat that even Zygarde had to step in from across the ocean and put a stop to it. Zygarde Core Enforced Guzzlord into its current shitmon state. Guzzlord is slowly recovering and imitating the Pokemon that defeated it.
>>
>>30246460
Doubt, because Necrozma is specifically neither a pokemon nor a UB.
I think it's possible Necrozma is an escapee of a dead dimension that the UBs blew up. It fled its dying dimension (hence the name) to the Mega dimension, free of any threat of UBs (at the time). Then it just slept rather peacefully until the UBs started pouring in.

It's also why the encounter rate is so damn low for it when you're in its area. It's not attracted to the 'smell' of Ultra Wormhole on you, it tries to avoid it.
>>
>>30246243
Get in the Zygarde ASH!
>>
>>30246819
What are you on about? It's just a legendary pokemon, why would you think it isn't one.
>>
I'm sad that Zygarde got cucked in both games it was in. Such an interesting idea for a legendary, one that just simply watched over the ecosystem using cells and when shit got bad they'd come together to put a stop to whatever went on. I like collecting the cells and all, but it would have been nice if Zygarde at least played a part in the postgame story. Like you'd have to make a Zygarde 10% at least to fight a UB or something.
>>
>>30246318
>find out if it tastes anything like slowpoke tail owo
Jesus christ dude don't eat your fucking gecko's tail
>>
>>30246878
The Cosmog lines are UBs, this is stated. Necrozma being a dead Cosmog would make it a UB.

The fact that it looks nothing like a pokemon but is specifically stated to appear like a UB suggests, like UBs, it's not from our dimension.
>>
>>30246884
Wait for the manga then. It seem author is going for maximal zygarde pandering there.
>>
>>30246884
They should have used the opportunity to introduce a Mega or unique Z Move for it and include it as part of an "Episode Z", like the Delta Episode.
>>
>>30246941
The Aether Foundation THOUGHT that Cosmog MIGHT be a UB because it can create portals. I don't believe it was proved either way if that were the case
>>
>>30246943
>implying Zygarde will receive a protagonist role in pokespe but not in games
kek
Zygarde is for sure a protagonist mon in Stars (also Necrozma). Is heavly implyed in SM (even more than in XY) there's more Z lore to research
>>
>>30248497
>Zygarde
>relevant anymore

I love Zygarde too, but we have to let it go man
>>
>>30246100
>Hawaii Kahuna
>Serbian demon
Sounds right to me desu
>>
>>30248643
>Kyushu
>Jewish Mythology

Sounds right to me senpai
>>
File: Sun & Moon Chapter.png (835KB, 640x709px) Image search: [Google]
Sun & Moon Chapter.png
835KB, 640x709px
>>30248584
>Zygarde cube was discovered by Sycamore, not created
>Sina and Dexio wonders what's wrong if Zygarde is here in Alola, what's his role
>Resolution cave
>rainbow related like Necrozma
>Zygarde will be so relevant in Pkmn Special (basically the main Pokemon manga) SM chapter that literally the first look at the new saga shows the main characters and Zygarde, instead Solgaleo and Lunala (even the Z crystal in the tittle is green instead orange or blue)

>not relevant

C'mon, dude...
>>
>>30249661
Don't forget...

>Z

Z crystal... I mean...
>>
Can I chip in? Although it's unrelated.

>Be me
>Exploring Melemele Meadow
>Accidentally pressed A to some hole
>In another area with eerie music
SEAWARD CAVE, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?
>>
>>30249849
another cell
>>
>>30249661
I don't care about zyfaggot.

Is black free an alive?
>>
>>30245941
>>30245962
>Kirbyfags
Kirby is weak as fuck and can barely inhale things bigger than itself without a special item.
>>
>>30250561
I've literally never met someone who hated kirby before, wow... I have no response to this.
>>
File: Infinite_Power_Kirby.jpg (57KB, 570x338px) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_Power_Kirby.jpg
57KB, 570x338px
>>30250561
>>
>>30246100
>remember ORAS when the nature energy which Groudon and Kyogre use to go to their primal forms created new megastones in Hoenn
Gonna need some source on this.
>>
>>30246941
>The Cosmog lines are UBs
They are UBs that have stayed in this world so long, they adapted and became Pokemon. It's why Beast Balls don't get an enhanced capture rate, and pokeballs work exactly as intended.

For all intents and purpose, the cosmog line and Necrozma are UBs.
>>
>>30250561
He has infinite power, he's just still a baby and mostly too lazy to use his full powers.
>>
>>30251756
So he's actually just the biggest Sand-Bagger in the universe.
>>
>>30251026
implying a contradicted statement means anything.
>>
>>30251588
According to Wally's cousin, a galladite appeared in her garden after that weird green lights fell in Hoenn. Also there's some lore about how spirits of dead pokemon revive in the cave of origin right? That's it. Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde manage nature energy which Groudon and Kyogre use for adopt their primal forms and some pokemon use to megaevolve.
In future games should be revealed how nature energy turns in Z crystals or some shit like that
>>
>>30250561
>someone actually hating Kiby
Wow, 4chan really is the nest for contrarians.
>>
>>30252515
>implying being a contrarian is a bad thing
It's an opinion.
>>
>>30251657
It has most likely to do with the Energy that radiates off of them to make them have a high capture rate with Beast Balls.

Since Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma have not been on their world for years, and the fact that fucking Guzzlord has a shitty catch rate compared to the other UBs since it's been on the 3DS universe for quite some time, it means their energy from Ultra Space they are coated in is minimal to non-existent.
>>
>>30246983

It was stated in ancient records that Lunala/Solgaleo came from "another world" and that the Tapus took offense to that, but were defeated, at which point another Cosmog was created and the Tapus were made guardians of it.

In addition, Luna/Sol distributed UB powers to them.
>>
>>30252776
If the post-Game Cosmog is anything to go by, Solgaleo and Lunala probably both "invaded" Alola and Lunala bore birth to a Cosmog.

Nebby gets laid before half of /vp/ ever does.
>>
>>30252816

That's basically what's implied.

I don't know how I missed all this shit about Guzzlord, though. I knew it invaded before the game, but they never said how, and there's nothing in the records about people being shooed away from Resolution Cave, nor can it be found before the post-game until they say it's there. You think something that dangerous would have caused people to avoid the fucking cave.
>>
>>30253137
Huh, I assumed it was a different Guzzlord than the one they encountered before. Makes you wonder how this giant monster was just going around eating everything for like ten years and nobody seemed to notice or care.
>>
>>30253137
Guzzlord probably has it's own method to do so like the Cosmog family and possibly Necrozma.

Necrozma, I assume is just a deceased Cosmoem or one that "burned out" before reaching the climax of it's evolution.

But for Guzzlord, the fact that it can consume everything means it can probably eat itself into another dimension or Universe or eat a hole into space creating a Wormhole.
>>
>>30252648
The implication is that when an ultra beast has been out of the Ultra Dimension for too long it becomes a Pokemon.

All Pokémon descend from Ultra Beasts who long ago fell into the Pokemon universes.
>>
Also, what if Guzzlord, Necrozma and Zygarde are a Trinity? They all share some pretty common themes.
>>
>>30253742
Doubtful.

Guzzlord is probably Zygarde's opposite since it seems to be a dark entity who brings chaos.
>>
>>30253815
Is it, though? What if Zygarde, Guzzlord and Necrozma are all different Zygardes and the latter two failed?

Guzzlord became obsessed with consuming and so mutated. The "wings" shrunk away, it got American and the mouth became it's dominant feature. Necrozma, meanwhile, failed in someway and was perhaps banished to the 3DS universe.

Personally, I'm convinced of the Guzzlord/Zygarde connection. Maybe it's the Ultra dimensional version of Zygarde and when it went AWOL, that's when the Ultra Dimension when to shit and caused other UB's to flee, and these eventually became Pokemon.
>>
>>30253666

That would make for an excellent plot, Lucifer.

That said, the Dream World is also considered another dimension, and Pokemon seem to also be sourced from there.
>>
>>30254256
>>30253742
>>30253666

What if Zygarde is an Ultra Beast? It does NOT look or act like a normal Pokemon at all. Cells? Cores? Perhaps its 10% form, but its other two forms look completely out of place.
>>
>>30253666
>>30254361

Pokemon come from literally anywhere as humans come from Pokemon as well (so Gen IV says).

>>30254398
So far we have 3 Universes or implied in the main handheld game line.

Universe 1:
>RBGY =====> GSC ====> Whatever follows

This universe ran the risk of being destroyed by the fucking NASA scientist in ORAS who were too retarded to shoot a rocket to nuke the damn asteroid but were stopped by Zinnia.

Universe 2:
>RSE + FRLG ====> DPPt + HGSS ====> BW + B2W2 ====> Destruction of this Universe?

It is implied that Anabel is from this Universe and ended up in the current Universe. This would also mean that there is a high possibility UBs ended up in that Universe and destroyed it.

Universe 3:
>ORAS ====> XY ====> SM

The reason for this sequence is that ORAS has to be parallel to RSE if variables and constants apply, of course traversing through time and space anomalies could mean you traveled back in time along with traveling to another Universe or Dimension.

Considering how Mega Evolution exists in Universe 3, but not Universe 1 or 2, this must mean that Xerneas and Yyveltal are variables and if this is the case so must Zygarde be a variable as the necessary energy to Mega Evolve does not exist in 2 out 3 Universes.

Zygarde is a complex being who is in tune with the Earth while Guzzlord was it's parallel in some backwards world that is known as Ultra Space.
>>
File: 1473119281808.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473119281808.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>Deoxys is an ultra beast in its weakest state
>>
>>30254949
More like ultra scrub
>>
>>30254949

For all we know anything could be a UB at this point. Deoxys is definitely odd, with that whole "I'm actually a black triangle that has sentient control of a meteor that I'm gonna smash into your planet for God knows why" thing going on.
>>
>>30255109
>Why do you guys always bring that up? I'm not bringing up the times megalizard and biggest fish almost ended the world, am i?
>They at least had the excuse of both their primal state and wanting a trainer to stop it.
>Look man, YOU try steering a meteor without any windows!
>>
>>30253666
Except D/P/Pt lore says Pokemon and humans used to be the same

So humans are also former Ultra Beasts?
>>
>>30255267
Dude, where's my meteor?
>>30255333
ultra beasts are humans that lived in the distortion world too long. calling it right now giratina is related
>>
>>30255333
It is most likely that Ultra Space is it's own universe in which humans did not separate from Pokemon, explaining why the Ultra Beasts are very similar in appearance to Humans.

Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma are probably from a time when Ultra Beasts were most likely similar to Pokemon than humans.
>>
>>30255400
>Ultra Beasts are very similar in appearance to Humans.

Nigga I'll take some of whatever you're smoking.
>>
>>30255457
the first two are at least. you can't say roachmon isnt humanlike
>>
>>30255510

I guess Machoke is an Ultra Beast with that logic.
>>
>>30255400
I think Pheromosa and Nihilego being similar in appearance to Lusamine and Lillie might be a simpler explanation.

Lillie mentions at some point in the story that her mother used to be a loving individual until she started to do research in the UBs, presumably Nihilego being one of them. Pheromosa is codenamed Beauty, so perhaps Lusamine altered her appearance to look more beautiful, then gave Lillie clothing to wear modeled after Nihilego so that Lillie would look more like what Lusamine is trying to love.

That's how I'm interpreting it, rather.
>>
>>30255719

It was already stated that Lusamine was obsessed for a long time and specifically dressed up her children her way. It's a pretty obvious connection why everyone connected with her tends to be modeled after an Ultra Beast.
>>
>>30255333
Well, Lusamine and Nihilego were bound fairly easily. Not to mention a lot of these UBs are kinda human-looking. Nihilego, Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Xurkitree and the origami one are all arguably more human-ish than most Pokémon. So it is possible, arguably
>>
>>30255719
>>30255457

My wording was clearly off.

Let me take it from the top since I am running on a few hours of sleep.

Due to how Ultra Space has no humans in it, this means either that humans died out a long time ago or didn't evolve from Pokemon or the same ancestor Pokemon and Humans had (which is explains why certain Pokemon look humanoid in appearance; Gardevoir or Machoke).

This of course doesn't mean UBs aren't Pokemon, but must have evolved to have physiques that resemble humans in some manner for some particular need, most likely to invade other worlds and come off as non-threatening in the case of Nihilego or as captivating in the case of Pheromosa and Buzzswole (since /fit/ would be in love with the thing while they chubby chase). This of course doesn't entirely apply as things like the Cosmog line and Guzzlord are clearly not humanoid in any manner, but this has to most likely due to their time of introduction and what not.

The Cosmog line has clearly existed for centuries in our world, meaning they came over from Ultra Space when things must have been simpler. While Guzzlord might be the Apex of what kind of creatures were left in Ultra Space that followed years after the departure of the Cosmog line (including Necrozma).

Does it make any sense?
>>
>>30255561
The argument isn't that human-like pokemon are ultra beasts. The argument is that since they are human-like, it seems likely that UBs are some kind of connections between the two. It is explained in dppt that humans and pokemon were once practically the same. Could ultra beasts be indicative of a point before they divulged?
>>
>>30256168

That evidence is garbage. It could just as easily apply to non-UBs. Just because UBs are from a separate universe doesn't mean that that piece of evidence applies more to them than regular Pokes. If anything it's less so because they're from another fucking universe. Occam's Razor is not in your favor here.
>>
>>30256105

>Due to how Ultra Space has no humans in it

We don't know ANYTHING about the UB universe aside from the fact that there's some weird Pokemon in it. That's it. We don't know if there are humans there, if there EVER were, or ANYTHING.

There's another universe with some Pokemon in it. That's it. Dream World, Distortion World, all of them are different universes. This is just another one.
>>
>>30256541
>there are pokemon that haven't evolved (in the Darwinian sense) since those days of old
>things in different environments would have evolved the same
What the fuck kind of retard are you?
>>
>>30256808

He's making an argument that human-like traits and UBs are not mutually exclusive and that they have a clear connection. I'm pointing out that it's retarded because UB and human-like traits ARE mutually exclusive of each other by giving examples that we have current Pokes who have even more human-like traits.

The retard here is you.
>>
>>30255830
Oh, it has? Huhh. Guess I wasn't paying enough attention, then.
>>
>>30256990

Lillie has stated many times throughout the story that her mother always chose what she wore. She also outright says that she would be glad to set up a new outfit for Hau.
>>
>>30257032
The former, I remember. I was just thinking more about the why.
>>
>>30257032
Let's see... considering which ultra beasts were next down the list, that means either dressing him up as Celesteela or Kartana... imagine Hau dressed up like either or.
>>
>>30254857
Well, there IS one rather well-known thing that Universe 1 has that could be involved with this mess.
It's the home of everyone's favorite horrible mass of game corruption and item duplication.
And I will laugh forever if somehow Missingno. is worked into the plot of a game.
>>
>>30254857
>It is implied that Anabel is from this Universe
>there is a high possibility UBs ended up in that Universe and destroyed it

Please stop forcing your retarded headcanon and die
>>
>>30255457
Faba - Celesteela
Plumeria - Kartana
Lusamine - Phermosa
Lillie - Nihilego
Gladion - Buzzwole
Guzma - Xurkitree
Hala - Guzzlord
>>
>>30257564
Yeah, UBs aren't all that powerful. I mean some 11 year old was able to take them on.
>>
>>30258029
They also aren't banned from bullshit royale or smogon tree, so have fun with that!
>>
>>30251026
Not sure what the fuck that means. Either way, it doesn't stop him from being knocked off the screen if he walks into a Waddle Dee a few times.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.