[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here wouldn't mind seeing totem battles or trials return

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: SM_Prerelease_trial_start.png (161KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
SM_Prerelease_trial_start.png
161KB, 400x240px
Who here wouldn't mind seeing totem battles or trials return in some form in future games?
>>
>>30239949
i would mind. i want gyms back. all those trials and kahana shit is what is a feature i hope gamefreak takes back
>>
I don't think they could get away with the same reasoning for them (them being island tradition) but if they go back to the gym format they can definitely include in depth side quests and missions you need to complete before the gym
>>
Conceptually they're fine but they need to be more organized. Hell, one of them doesn't even have a trial and you just kind of do an old trial that isn't around anymore because there's no actual trial captain
>>
>>30239949
I will genuinely be mad if Totems don't return.
They don't have to replace gyms, but I want them back
>>
I'd be pretty pissed if they removed trials and went back to the boring 8 gym system, but I'd like gyms to come back alongside trials.
>>
Trials with traditional gym leader battles instead of totem battles, while Totem pokemon are for sidequests and/or rare encounters for loads of exp.
>>
>>30239949
Totem battles are cool because they feel like you're fighting the alpha Pokemon of that species. Kind of like Metroid Prime bosses.

Only thing I wish they would do is remove the fucking trial overseers who are like daycare guardians. For fuck's sake how can it be an epic adventure if there's guys in stupid T-shirts standing in the back who I know are pulling the strings? Feels like a game show.

I wouldn't mind gyms being back but I would rather they just bring back leaders as a powerful trainer of each type who gives you the Z-Crystal of their type when you beat them.
>>
Yes....YESSSSS
>>
>>30239949
Gyms are boring. Trials were actually fun.
>>
>>30240076
I like this idea. I personally found the totem battles uninteresting and less involved than gym leaders, but the trials were pretty fun.
>>
>>30239949
Trials yes, totem battles no.
>>
>>30239949
>Monotype challenges are stupid because of weaknesses
>remove the gym aspect and not the type thing
fuuuuck everything
>>
>>30239949
>tfw she lied that the rainstorm is caused by kyogre
>tfw Lana tricks me to get into the trial
>tfw Lana uses Waterium Z to get rid of sudowoodos
I am not sure this is mischievous or not
>>
i wouldn't mind seeing delicious, cuddleable lana return

:3
>>
>>30239949
>porque no los dos.jpg
I want both, gyms AND trials. Gyms can be a combo of trainers, quests, totems, and gym leaders.

Quest, totem, Gym leader

Trainers, quest, Gym leader

Totem, Gym leader

The combos are endless.
>>
>>30240086
>epic
>>
>>30240331
This man knows what he's talking about, listen carefully
>>
>>30239949
Trials I can take or leave, though I do like them.

Totems are the best though, definitely hope to see more of them.
>>
>>30239949
Either bring gyms back or make Trials actually challenging and intimidating. It feels like you're just a kid at a day-care with all these people whose jobs it are to ensure you're safe and going the right way, and how they build up the big bad totem battles when they die to one or two super-effective moves.
>>
>>30240942
Totems are legitimately the best added feature to SM imo
If they don't return, I'll genuinely be mad
>>
>>30240956
>they build up the big bad totem battles when they die to one or two super-effective moves.

While they're still a little too RNG based (like when the Wishiwashi totem just spams Growl and summons other Wishiwashi instead of Alomomolas and Water Guns) this is probably the biggest issue with the Totems. If they have a turn or two to get rolling the battles tend to be fun.

Perhaps in future installments they could give at least some of them the SE reducing berries, the Salazzle fight might have been better if it had a Ground reducing berry for example.
>>
>tfw most people don't know that when you beat the island kahuna you can go challenge the captains to proper battles
>tfw they didn't go challenge them like gyms right after
>tfw no face
>>
>>30239949
Eh, just rename totems to alpha in later games and have them as side quests.
>>
>>30240116
They're the same thing except with less shit to do in the latter.
>>
>>30241698
Wish i knew that instead of battling them with my post game level 70 mons
>>
>>30239949
Dude are you fucking kidding me these were awesome as shit. Put a gym leader at the end of one of these things and it would be fucking perfect.
Gyms always had gimmicks but they were usually just puzzles, these were a lot more fun.
>>
>>30241698

Hot damn, I was entirely unaware of this. I'm glad I just restarted the game.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.