[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he so perfect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Blue.png (116KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Blue.png
116KB, 500x281px
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>30239051
because he came from master race gen
>>
he's one of the four competent trainers in the series
>>
>>30239051
>Perfect
>Is champion for 5 minutes until Red beats him

Also
>Blue
>Not Canon name "Green Oak"
>>
>>30239051
>game freak shafts him every gen, not giving him his canon blastoise
>fuck his team even harder with shit like machamp and aerodactyl over mega pidgeot

Not a fan of this shit. If he's not getting mega blastoise because gamefreak gives red every starter, give him m pidgeot, who was his strongest mon in gen 2.
>>
it's the purple pants.
>>
>>30240426
>Green
You better call all pokemon's by their japanese name too
>>
>>30239641
Blue is a joke and I never understood why people treated him like the greatest rival other than nostalgia.

>Acts like an arrogant asshole despite getting his ass kicked by you at every turn
>His one of the most boring last fights, being a guy you already beat countless times over the game
>Lost his Championship 5 seconds after obtaining it

Even Cheren beat the Elite Four and went on to be a Gym Leader, Blue's track record isn't very impressive.
>>
>>30240591
I'm just saying "Blue Oak" sounds like nonsense.
>>
>>30240759
He works for the purpose of the sparse narrative. He's the guy who's always one step ahead of you and at the end, he's the one actually cockblocking you from achieving your goal. He works as a rival because from the start, you have a more personal connection to him as a character than anyone else in the game because he's right there blocking your path from the word go. Thus, the final battle is a bit more intimate than a lot of the others generally are and it sticks with the player.

He's not the best rival, but he's exceedingly memorable for the simple role he played in RBY
>>
>>30240469
How can Blue's canon starter be Blastoise when Red's is Venusaur?
>>
>>30241034
I guess that makes sense but even when I was a kid I never felt like he was really ahead or a roadblock since you beat him everytime.

He was just kind of nuisance who was never a real threat.
>>
>>30240759
>Blue
>>
>>30241034
This, he's perfect in the context of Red/Blue, it's fun to meme about him.

>>30243299
He's memorable because Red killed his Rattacate, that's why he's in Lavendar town and it's missing from his party for good.
>>
>>30243401
Blue, Blau, Blu, Azul, 그린, 青綠, グリーン, Green, Gary, Mr. Oak, whatever
>>
>>30243497
>He's memorable because Red killed his Rattacate, that's why he's in Lavendar town and it's missing from his party for good.
No he didn't, fuck off with this retarded old theory.
>>
File: 58168019_p0.jpg (106KB, 800x653px) Image search: [Google]
58168019_p0.jpg
106KB, 800x653px
>>30240469
He has his fill in starters, they're never giving him a Blastoise in the games outside of the Kanto games, simply because they don't want him to have a canon starter.

Its meant to be up to the player what they think he got.

I do agree that ts shitty that his Pidgeot got cucked twice by Aerodactyl.
>>
File: 1474303836110.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474303836110.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>30239051
Gen 1 in general is pretty perfect, and he and Giovanni are the only relevant characters from it. Not a surprise he's perfect too.

>inb4 Gen 1 sucks
No. As far as game design goes, it's the best in series. It's just outdated and has no cutscenes, so kids find it boring.
>>
>>30243569
>No. As far as game design goes, it's the best in series. It's just outdated and has no cutscenes, so kids find it boring.
Or maybe kids find it boring because it's outdated compared to the kind of games they usually play.

Gen 1 has way more problems than being outdated, anyway.
>>
>>30243500
>Green Oak

His canon name is just a pun.
>>
>>30243605
>All the Pokemon have memorable design
>Pokemon distribution is perfect
>Pokemon are well balanced
>Difficult
>Extremely nonlinear
>Few, but good Legends
>Not a bullshit evil Team and great guy Giovanni

The game had great game design. The problems with Gen 1 really are what I said in my last post. Both original and FRLG's mechanics are outdated horribly, and the lack of any cutscenes make the game feel extremely empty and lonely.
I won't call those games fun to play, because they aren't anymore. But for their time, they were great.
>>
>>30243795

Very shallow movesets are a problem
>>
>>30243795
>All the Pokemon have memorable design
They're memorable because they were the first ones.

>Difficult
Is this a joke?

>Extremely nonlinear
Doing a few Gyms out of order isn't really a big deal.
>>
>>30240426
>>30240759
>Blue/Green
>not perfect

>picks the starter that is stronger against you, not because of some "connection to my pokemons" bullshit but because he wants to fuck you up
>doesn't give a fuck about his grandpa and has his own goals, just because they are related doesn't mean he has to do what he wants him to, fuck the pokedex, the league goes first.
>doesn't give a shit about the Team Rocket because that's the job of the fucking cops, if trainer were supposed to deal with this shit then why does the E4 doesn't do something?
>never needed legendaries to do shit.
>LITERALLY one step ahead of you, and has a good team for Gen1
>only lost because the MC has to win in the end, reminder that Blue/Green will always be on the Hall of Fame before Red.
>stays in the Viridian gym doing service to his League unlike Red who just fucks off to some mountains
>>
File: 1433714437380.png (350KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1433714437380.png
350KB, 1440x1080px
>>30241034
The real problem is that the narrative falls apart the moment you beat him, he was supposed to be the superior trainer you would want to be better than (making the final battle more important) yet even a little kid can sweep his ass by spamming tackle/scratch with his starter who is 5 levels higher than all his mons while using potions, revives and the shift setting to further decrease the difficulty

There is a good reason why the "rival is the champion" twist was never used before and we never got a rival like Green again, its because the moment you kick his ass you already proved to be the superior trainer and he becomes the shitter who keeps losing and coming back acting like nothing happened (which is just annoying)

A possible solution would have been making his team always be 5-10 levels stronger than the player's expected, but even them the player (assuming its a kid) would be one of those kids who never captured other pokemon and just overleveled their starter, and even them he could use the many other advantages like potions, x items etc etc
>>
>>30243842
>reminder that Blue/Green will always be on the Hall of Fame before Red.
Reminder that Red will always be in the Hall of Fame because he kicked Blue/Green's ass.
>>
>>30243795
i've been beating every single gen recently and i can safely say gen 1 kanto is the worst region in the first 4 generations, its like the NES Metroid, it was cool back them but now its just a piece of history
>>
>>30243843
>was never used before
*was never used again
>>
>>30243878
yeah, and then he went to lose to Ethan.
MC wins are bullshit.
>>
File: Kanto.png (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto.png
152KB, 1920x1080px
>>30243922
I get surprised at how small Kanto is, it feels a lot bigger in my memory.
>>
>>30243948
Yeah but that's not recorded in the Hall of Fame like Blue/Green's pathetic 5 second Championship :^)
>>
>>30243950
>switch Celadon with Saffron
>make them more distant from each other
>remove the underground passages
>remove the awkwardly placed trees on Celadon and Fuchsia
>either remove or make the buildings in Saffron explorable ala Goldenrod
Done, fixed Kanto
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (87KB, 640x495px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
87KB, 640x495px
>>30243842
I wonder who is behind this post
>>
>>30243816
>Very shallow movesets are a problem
Fixed multiple times, in Yellow and in FRLG. Still a problem, I'll give you that.

>>30243838
>They're memorable because they were the first ones.
Not to me or most of the current /vp/. I started with DP.

>Is this a joke?
The difficulty was very well managed. The game's difficulty depended on the starter and what Pokemon you caught. If you picked Charmander, it started hard, got easier later on. Bulbasaur, the opposite. Squirtle was the balanced one, relevant through the whole game.

>Doing a few Gyms out of order isn't really a big deal.
Ability to fight 3rd to 7th Gym in any order you want is more than anything that came after it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.