[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Positivity Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: SuMo.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
SuMo.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
We all like complaining about things that annoyed us from these games. But what did you like about Sun and Moon?
>>
>>30238301
I like that the people in charge of this "game" will eventually die.
>>
The difficulty feels just about right for once. Except for UB Lusamine, she jobbed way too hard on me, and barely did any damage at all.
>>
I liked the fact that I was right not to buy this gimped piece of shit
>>
Lusamine
Lillie
>>
>>30238301
The postgame was pretty expansive, with a large swathe of new legendaries to chase and two battle arenas to grind through, I also liked the fact that they got rid of the frankly terrible HM system.

A bunch of the new pokemon are great, Toucannon in particular is fast becoming a favourite of mine.

The story was pretty good too, not brilliant but definitely better than X&Y, though to be honest I think Black and white still have them beat by a pretty wide margin.
>>
>>30238301
THAT IT FINALLY FUCKING ENDED AND THAT LILLIE BITCH LEFT TO KANTO

HOLY FUCK
>>
GET BACK IN THE BAG NEBBY
>>
>>30238340
Her boost should have been allstats+1 with one +2 for each mon
>>
>>30238301
How about some minor, but really convenient features they added?

Using PP restoring items like the leppa berry on pokemon shows you the moves' remaining PP.
>>
GET

BACK

IN

THE

BAG

NEBBY

NOW
>>
>>30238301
I really, really liked the beginning sequence where you save Nebby. I felt like more of a goddamn hero in that scene than any other scene across the other games. I hope we have tons more scenes like that now that they have this animation capability.
>>
File: 1479985560648.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479985560648.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
GET IN THE BAG NEBBY WE'RE GOING TO SPACE HURRY UP
>>
File: 1478643535376.jpg (119KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1478643535376.jpg
119KB, 900x675px
>>30238391
The only correct answer
>>
>>30238504
NEBBY, YOU GET YOUR ASS BACK IN THIS DUFFLE BAG OR I SWEAR TO GOD, I WILL SHOVE YOU IN THERE MYSELF
>>
>>30238301
Storming Aether Paradise with Hau and Gladion was fun, I wish there was more.

Battles were good and actually challenging at times, but the level puzzles were non-existent.
>>
>>30238301
Rotom Dex hands down

If only you could catch the fucker and have him just chill in the dex after battle

Also HM reworking was actually well thought out
>>
>>30238301
I liked that the story was a bit more cohesive than the clusterfuck that was XY. I also liked how well the exp share scaled with the Gen 5 exp system, it made for a really nice leveling curve.

The characters were all really charming as well.
>>
>>30238394
I know this is a positivity thread, but
>The postgame was pretty expansive, with a large swathe of new legendaries to chase and two battle arenas to grind through
The postgame was probably the most disappointing part of the game for me (although that's mostly because the path leading up to the Elite 4 was so short and linear).

The only legendaries are the UBs, who are all pretty easy to catch and barely have any lore attached to them beyond what they are from a basic standpoint, the Tapus, who are all just basic guardian deities with little individuality whatsoever, and Necrozma, who was total bullshit to find and I doubt anyone who didn't have previous knowledge would've had any clue where to find it.

The Battle Tree is fucking lame because it's just another fucking Battle Chateau, and unlike the Battle Chateau in X/Y or the Battle Resort in ORAS, there wasn't an entire city dedicated to endgame stuff like the friend safari or the move tutors, you just get the battle tree, an IV guy, and the same old BP store.

As for Battle Royales, they're simply frustrating to deal with and almost solely rely on you getting lucky and not being fucked by the other 3 CPUs. It would've been tolerable if it was just to be the last man standing, but instead it's about being lucky enough to get kills before anyone else does.

Also they tease you by saying "Kanto's close enough to travel to any time!" despite the fact that you can't fucking go to Kanto. Why include that bit of dialogue if you can't go see Lillie off on her little adventure? I mean, Kanto isn't that interesting of a region and it would've been even more genwun pandering, but ANY more content would've been nice.
>>
>>30238505
>do nothing but fall to your death
>feel like a hero
I bet you kept that participation trophy you got in middle school
>>
>>30238608
You do see Lillie off though, you just don't see her catch a Pokemon. Also her "trial" was ass. If we get a third version fix that shit
>>
>>30238613
It felt so proactive and brave, even if we nearly died. Tapu Koko saving mc was great too. I wish there were more scenes like it where we could feel like our protag was in action.
>>
YOU
ARE
GOING
IN
THE
BAG
WHETHER
YOU
IT
OR
NOT
NEBBY
>>
>>30238633
All of the trials were ass. Besides maybe the Mimikyu one, they're all fucking pushovers.

The only way I'd even bother touching a third version is if the content of the game was doubled. This whole experience was way too linear and short.
>>
>>30238301
The quality of life changes that made things flow smoother.
Po Town and Poni Island, both are incredibly effective storytelling.
Team Skull, probably the best team outside of maybe Plasma 1.
Pokemon Designs were pretty fucking top, still have a hard time picking a team. Even if their stats aren't the greatest.
SOS is a cool system even if it's a little dumb
UB questline was cool as fuck
Fighting Tapu Koko at the end, bringing the story to a nice, neat conclusion.

It could have been better. But SM was still a top game.
>>
>>30238666
>too linear
meme complaint, all Pokemon games are linear. If you want something that's nonlinear go play a different game. You're right about the trials. Totems were alright
>>
>>30238666
But you have to admit the zygarde cells were a cool nod
They promoted exploration, which adds a lot to the game
>>
File: go banana.jpg (26KB, 386x319px) Image search: [Google]
go banana.jpg
26KB, 386x319px
>>30238633
>you don't give Lillie a stage 1 version of your starter like Shauna gives you a stage 1 evolution of her starter
>>
>>30238301
1. New Amie effects, animations
2. Pokepelago is cool as minigame
3. Pokerides are fun, I wish we could use oww Pokemon though.
4. World feel alive and fluid
5. New Attacks animations looks AMAZING.
>>
>>30238693
I mean linear as in, there wasn't much to explore. For example, going back to use surf to find whole new routes, using waterfall or strength to find secrets, etc.

Everything's just about walking from point A to point B. The most branched it ever got was on Poni island on the path to the Battle Tree.

>>30238697
I will admit that, even though I don't like Zygarde 100%'s design, I do love the little easter egg hunt you need to do to get it. I really hope they have something like that next gen. It feels more rewarding to unlock a portion of a new pokemon in some secret nook rather than a big nugget or a pearl.
>>
>>30238608
Postgame is actualy quite huge.
Pokepelago, Battle trees, missions, building up your Not-join avenue, Trying to gen new pokemon (because some of them are rare as fuck), Code scanning (I think is fun to search Pokemon in wild), and now you can host own turneys!
>>
>>30238301
Lillie
>>
>>30238716

>you don't go over to the mirror world, catch Cosmog and give it to Lillie to accompany her through Kanto
>>
File: 1476675042737.jpg (125KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
1476675042737.jpg
125KB, 500x432px
>>30238301
I truly think Lille is the strongest single character in a mainline game developed over the course of a main story.

While I'm incredibly sad about not being able to sit down anywhere anymore I like that you can lay in other people's beds.

Also the game truly feels much larger. I think gen 6 was a halfstep towards the world feeling truly lived in. But now houses and other buildings feel like actual big places that people live in.

I also prefer ride pokemon to the bike. Bikes in previous generations could go stupidly fast making it hard to maneuver since the camera would only give you a few frames to see what's ahead of you. Gen 7 has better camera angles and the ride pokemon's speed feels just right. Sharpedo in particular feels really nice to ride.

I like how pokemon amie (now Refresh) is much more manageable and just a simple way to pet and gain easy affection with your party. I was much more encouraged to use it this time around. Plus Poke Pelago gives box pokemon things to do which is really nice.

If not for the abundance of cutscenes and the islands feeling a bit rigid (seriously there's hardly any exploring the water anymore) this could have been tied for my favorite gen.
I still think Gen 3 is the better islandy gen (at least in terms of openness). I hope Pokemon Stars changes my mind.
>>
>>30238301
it's fucking difficult in the postgame

I got fucking swept by Guzma and Dexio

Lusamine's boss fight was incredibly underwhelming though
>>
>>30238749
There's actually a few areas to explore (Melemele sea for example) when you backtrack and stuff but it's pretty trivial.

I was really hoping for something like the Regi trio in RSE but instead it's
>go here
>catch this
>repeat
for the UBs and Necrozma.
>>
>>30238778
>Pokepelago
Idling does not count as gameplay.
>Battle Tree
Already mentioned it, it's just Battle Chateau 2.0. It's SOMETHING, but even X/Y and ORAS did better.
>missions
IE "walk here and catch a pokemon" x5. They're not missions so much as simple fetch quests.
>Building up Not-Join Avenue
That's fucking tedious. Oh boy, I walk in a circle and mash A, what fun.
>Trying to get new pokemon
Again, fucking tedious. The fucking rarity of some of the pokemon is fucking ridiculous. I dunno about you, but I don't find farming in the same spot for hours and hours and hours fun.
>Code scanning
Kinda neat, but not really very involved. You can literally just google "QR code" and point the camera at your computer to charge the scan, and it only takes about 5 minutes to find the pokemon you get.
>You can host tourneys
That's not really an addition to gameplay as much as it is a handy tool for people who would bother setting up a tourney.
>>
that legends/sub legends or whatever actually protects their people for once.
>>
>>30238301
The new move animations are what caught my attention the most. I'm pretty sure all of them have at least received a graphical upgrade but some are totally revamped and they're awesome. Sucker Punch and Dragon Pulse are my favorites.
>>
>>30238870
>Tapu Pokemon
>Protecting their people

They do not protect the people, they only protect the island itself. It's even implied that some of them like to torture people just for kicks.
>>
I liked the short tune from the flutes but I wish there was a longer theme associated with them.
>>
>>30238331
fpbp
UBominations are fucking disgusting
>>
>>30238864
>>30238812
>>30238716
>>30238613
>>30238608
>>30238402
>>30238349
>>30238331
>>positivity thread
You guys are terrible at this.
>>
>>30238301
alola despite its linear-ness makes me hopeful that future regions or even remakes will have much more realistic and explorable worlds that don't just feel like boring tilespam
>>
>>30239121
OP here and honestly I didn't expect any different.
>>
The fucking music was amazing
>>
>>30239156
then delete this shit thread faggot
>>
>>30239121
I hate myself and I seriously contemplate suicide everyday.
>>
> Best story out of any pokemon game
> decent characters
> tricky if not challenging at times
it was far from perfect but it was a return to form after Gen 6. I really liked it.
>>
>>30239198
Be positive, anon.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.