[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say something good about X and Y.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: Pokemon-X-Y-Box Art.jpg (864KB, 3649x1607px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-X-Y-Box Art.jpg
864KB, 3649x1607px
Say something good about X and Y.
>>
It set the foundation for Sun/Moon, which are superior games thanks to its experiments.
>>
>>30236953
Xerneas and Yveltal are the two coolest box legendaries

Lysandre is the hottest male character in Pokemon

That's all I've got
>>
>>30236953
town and city themes were great. i met my wife serena in the games. Both legendaries box art mona are top tier designs
>>
The girls' clothes were better in X and Y.
>>
The PSS is better than whatever clusterfuck SM has.
>>
They had super training. Which I personally sorely miss.
>>
Overall the new Pokemon were great, especially the box legendaries which I still hold as possibly the best Duo, still weighing them against Solgaleo and Lunala not quite sure yet.
>>
>>30236953
Best regional dex
>>
File: trev (2).jpg (481KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
trev (2).jpg
481KB, 500x700px
>>30236953

XY did added a lot of good features (which of course didn't all make it through to the next Gen, but that's been an issue with every Gen)

>Super Training
>PSS
>Amie (though Refresh is better)
>Trainer Customization
>Those Pokemon videos you could make (some people did some quite clever/amusing things with it)
>Mega Evolution (I don't agree with the exact distribution but the core mechanic and concept is sound)
>Lots of fun new Pokemon (any game with Trevenant can't be all bad)
>Delta Episode was a fun little jaunt

Overall I agree with >>30237034, a lot of XY seems half baked but they seem to have built on the experience. I even liked the concept of having 3-4 friend/rivals that each focused on a different aspect of being a trainer, just a shame it was handled so poorly.

It also had the Shauna fireworks shipping scene, so that was nice.
>>
File: pic related.jpg (341KB, 760x465px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.jpg
341KB, 760x465px
>>30236953
had some surprisingly decent new mons, battle-wise and design-wise

too bad the regional dex was stupidly tiny, the entire soundtrack was bland and forgettable, the region even more so, the story had potential but was left with an underwhelming buzzkill excuse for a climax, it's not particularly hard to beat the entire game without ever losing a single battle, etc

although there was pic related i guess, that counts for something
>>
>>30237097
This, it was way more engaging than waiting for a pokemon to call for help and fail six times in a row.
Also the trainer customization was WAY fucking better.
>>
>>30236953
It is better than SuMo
>>
>>30236953
Xerneas and Yveltal look really cool.
>>
>>30236953
they didn't rerelease it
>>
>>30236953
Serena.

Played on a fulldex difficulty mod romhack so I never got to experience the 'flaws' of vanilla XY. Thoroughly enjoyed the majority of the battles and thus the majority of the game.
>>
>>30236953
They finally added customization.

PSS was the best online feature in the series.

3D chibi characters.

Shaunee and the rest of your friends are fun.

Focus on gameplay, lots of pokemon to catch, easy breeding and other training convenience, a bunch of pokemon that changed the competitive gameplay such as Aegislash, Talonflame and megas.

I enjoyed them, 600 hours well spent.
>>
File: slubdWe1u4v95.jpg (109KB, 906x882px) Image search: [Google]
slubdWe1u4v95.jpg
109KB, 906x882px
>>30236953
It gave us the best ghost ever.
>>
>>30237097
I don't get people that like Super Training.

It was slower than horde battling AND more tedious.
>>
X and Y are a lot lIke elder scrolls online, it's a pokemon game but not a good one, it's still a game though. Just like how ESO is a game just not very good. So if you like the series you will buy it and not like it.
>>
>>30236953
You can actually find new pokemons in the game unlike in SM
>>
>>30237286
>PSS
>Amie
>Trainer Customization
>Great new Pokemon
I agree with all of these; can't say the same for the Delta Episode though since I outright skipped ORAS. That said, I do miss the neat little minigames in Pokemon Amie (I got insanely good at the cotton-bouncing one).
>>
>>30241122
I liked it for small numbers, I'd get those first then just horde for the large numbers.
>>
>>30237303
This so much. I remember putting a good 40+ hours into Y simply based on the initial hype, but 3 years on I remember practically nothing about the story and the gameplay wasn't exactly memorable either.
The chibi aesthetic also hasn't aged well, and S&M have improved open the 3D models in almost every way (though that's not so much a criticism as it is a sign that XY haven't aged greatly).
>>
Super training. Particularly reset bags.
>>
>>30236953
It's not Gen 4 at least.
>>
>>30237057
> Xerneas and Yveltal are the two coolest box legendaries
Yes. They have, by far, the best design of all legendaries in the series.
Too bad the plot they're involved in is shit.
>>
>>30236953
Anistar City has a god tier music.
>>
>>30236953
Still the best generation start.
Really needed a third version or sequel tho.
>>
>>30236953
Started customization
Elite four theme is pretty good
>>
>>30239487
>SuMo
>>
Was the best gen in terms of QOL chanegs and mechanical improvements

Games are still the worst in the entire series though
>>
I actually had a lot of fun with these

If ORAS taught me anything, it's not something replayable
>>
>>30236953
It had the best method of EV training
The PSS is the best use of the bottom screen next to the cgear as they both allowed communication from anywhere with the former also having online communication.
Amie minigames
>>
File: giphy.gif (76KB, 482x412px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
76KB, 482x412px
>>30242297
>>SuMo
YES suck it up anon
>>
>>30236953
It's done
>>
>>30242312
Nothing is as bad as DP.
>>
Better then Sun/Moon.
>>
>>30236953
Sylveon is my bro
Le Wow still is, and will probably be forever, the best way to level up without outside help (like Blissey base)
Mega Evolution
>>
>>30242427
B/W is very close.
>>
>>30236953
They add some of the greatest pokemon and Megaevolutions
>>
>>30242484
BW were masterpieces in comparison.
The only game that comes close is RBY and that's only because they haven't aged well.
>>
>>30236953
Sylveon is my bro and it gave a buff to my other bros: Whimsicott and Mawile. Thank you for fucking over dragon fags who still cry to this day about "balance". Not!France was pretty cool to explore and I sucked your cock pretty hard for finally giving me character customization. Speaking of sucking cock, you gave us that semen demon Shauna as well, thanks for that.
>>
>>30242532
B/W is pure garbage, but I will admit D/P was worse. At least D/P got Plat which redeemed Gen 4 until HG/SS. All Gen 5 got was slightly less but still garbage sequels.
>>
>>30236953
its better than moon and sun
>>
>>30237303
>>30241458
are you kidding? X/Y looks much nicer than Sun/Moon. the areas look detailed and the layout makes sense. too many times i tried to walk on surfaces in moon that look walkable but are not.
>game play not memorable
its the same gameplay as every pokemon lol WTF.
>>
>>30242555
>Plat
Eh, Plat was still kind of bad. The worst part is that they barely rectified what made the game bad.
That and it dragged the BF through the mud and casualized it.
>>
>>30242555
>All Gen 5 got was slightly less but still garbage sequels.
>calling the best games yet, garbage
>>
>>30237303
>too bad the regional dex was stupidly tiny
The Kalos dex had 457 Pokémon, you imbecile. Vast selection of mons for in-game runs and teambuilding in VGC14 while also keeping some cancer (read: genies, HeatCress) out. Too bad the rushed ORAS killed most of its online battles.

The games also had nice atmosphere and diverse routes that weren't just a rehash of the previous one in mon distribution (notable exception are the swamps).
>>
>>30236953
It reduced the legendary pokemon back to a respectable 3 then 5 with Diancie and Hoopa.

Unfortunately Sun and Moon have backtracked on that and gone back to 17 legendaries. That makes nearly a third of all new pokemon in SM legendary pokemon.
>>
>>30242718
9 legendaries.
Where's the other 8?
>>
>>30242764
Solgaleo
Lunala

Necrozma

4 Island Guardians

7 Ultra Beasts

Marshadow

Magearna

So 16 in total. I'm not really counting Cosmog and Cosmoeg as well.
>>
>>30242866
>Ultra beasts
>Mystical pokemon
Yeah, no. It's still 9, including Cosmog and it's evolution. But then that takes it down to 7 if we're talking usable pokemon.
>>
>>30236953

Shauna is sexy.
>>
>>30242866
you can get multiple of almost every ultra beast ingame.

The only real "legendary" i'd count between all of them would be Necrozma
>>
>>30242624
Shit taste, there is literally nothing interesting about B2W2 besides the postgame; BW, it's "inferior" does the main game way better.
>>
>>30236953
Megas, some cool designs and 3D
>>
>>30242866
ultrabeasts aren't legendary pokemon dumbass.
They're just regular pokemon from another dimension.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.