[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind us, just the best Pokemon games ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

Don't mind us, just the best Pokemon games ever
>>
I love pokemon XD!
>>
Truly the best games. Pokemon worked on GameCube, let's hope it works on switch
>>
>>30230852
The only problem I have with these games is that it seemed like the catch rates were worst.

That and it was clear the AI cheats and can read your inputs, since it would put my Pokemon into status effects on the very same turn I healed them, something they should have no idea to do.
>>
>>30231486
>caught all pokemon first encounter in both games
Wasn't easy at all
>>
Colosseum was very flawed, which Gale of Darkness fixed most of. Wish they'd do another title in the spirit but since they didn't sell well and Gamefreak is pushing extra hard to hand-hold and be kid friendly, not likely.
>>
Mechanically yes, double battles are amazing, so many pokemon and movesets that are otherwise garbage really shine in that format. It would be amazing if we got another all doubles pokemon game.

Imagine the shenanigans you could pull with drizzle pelipper or oranguru in a new game like that
>>
I really wish they would make another game in this series.
>>
I loved the atmosphere for these games, it was pretty different compared to what we normally get, and the limited availability made me appreciate a lot of Pokemon I usually ignore. Glad Sun/Moon are changing things up a bit, maybe someday we might have a chance at seeing a game like these two someday.
>>
>>30231721
Honestly sun and moon are kinda like the console games in that the story isn't "fight gym leaders" and have full on 3ds movement. All we need is a double battle focused game and a Mt battle style end game challenge and I'd be happy
>>
If there's one gimmick I miss it's Shadow Pokemon. The odds of it are slim to none, but how cool would it be to get remakes of this game on the Switch or something. Or, they could re-release it on the Switch similarly to how they released RBY and have the Pokemon transferable through Bank. I'd kill to get a legit Follow Me Magmar without selling my soul.
>>
>>30230852
>XD
Here's a hint: memes don't make a game good.
>>
>>30231486
>AI cheats and can read your inputs
This is necessary for Pokemon to have real difficulty.
>>
>>30230852
Pokemon Colosseum is probably the hardest game in the series.
>>
>>30230976
>>30230852
>XD
Get out and rethink your life choices.
>>
>>30231486
It was welcome for a lot of people. Added a nice challenge to the game.
>>
Going through the Aether Paradise and fighting the Aether Grunt's varied teams really gave me nostalgia for these games.

>tfw no console Pokemon adventure ever again
Fuck
>>
Main line game with Orre Forms for various pokemon from every generation?
>>
Bad variety of Pokemon, plot out of a Saturday morning cartoon when the plot was the only thing going for it, no wild Pokemon save for the Pokespots in XD, the shadow pokemon gimmick, and the uninspired setting- it's a wonder these ever did as well as they did.
>>
>>30234433
>uninspired setting
Take it fucking back, faggot.
>>
>>30234485
It was 90% desert shithole, 10% Generic Evil Lair.
>>
>>30234433
Confirmed for not playing the games
>>
>>30234535
>implying scrapyard cities with a western twist is uninspired
>>
Now that Pokemon will be on consoles we'll never see another spinoff that tries to do a non gym storyline in 3D like we did.

Sadly the Gen IV and V wasted their potential with no real 3D console Pokemon game outside of the gimped Pokemon Stadium named Battle Revolution
>>
>>30234544
Cipher was a joke, any more blatantly evil and they'd all need Snidely Whiplash mustaches to twirl.

>>30234591
They looked like ass then, and still look like ass now. I got it, game, the place is a lawless dump, now stop beating me over the head with that fact.
>>
>>30230852
They certainly are good games, though.

>tfw Misdreavus is the only ghost type in Colosseum
>>
>>30234628
>the place is a lawless dump, now stop beating me over the head with that fact
That's just what the setting is. What are you even doing?
>>
>>30234221
For some reason SM gave me Gale of Darkness vibes, especially the item pick up jingle.
>>
>>30234689
Saying it's a shitty setting and that it feels like a really crappy Western.
>>
>>30234700
The Aether costumes reminded me of the Cipher goons.
>>
>>30234739
But you're wrong.
>>
>>30234757
And you have terrible taste in games.

Besides, no other Pokemon game has placed such crippling limits on your team, and for good reason. You're basically limited to a handful of good pokemon in the form of the legendary birds/cats, and stuck with trash for everything else. And really, EEVEELUTIONS for starters?
>>
>>30234835
You have terrible tastes in settings. I bet you don't even like God Hand.
>>
>>30234984
Nobody liked that setting.
>>
>level curve
>>
>>30234835
Go back to /v/ then, niggerfaggit.
>>
>>30230852
Agreed so much.
>>
I love how there were no designated "grunt Pokemon", and you could honestly expect anything from a lot of the enemies. Also, even though I finished Mt. Battle for the Ho-oh and Elemental Hyper Beam starters, Orre Colosseum in XD kicked my ass and taught me how to strategy.
>>
>>30235097
Great job refuting my point about minimal freedom in building your team.
>>
>>30231486

Your opponent using a status effect when you already are poisoned/paralyzed sounds more like stupid ai then cheating ai
>>
File: IMG_4551.jpg (36KB, 267x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4551.jpg
36KB, 267x392px
>>30233881
Are you brain dead?
He means Pokémon XD gale of darkness.
He said Pokémon XD to shorten it, retard.
>>
>>30236590
holy shit the newfaggotry is real

/vp/ is dead
>>
>>30236590
XD
fuck you man
>>
I haven't played these in literally years. Was colosseum the one with that ginger qt?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.