[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guzma is a battle genius

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (97KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 640x467px
Guzma actually joined a lot of competitions. Looks like he never won any, but always finished high. He has a lot of 3rd place trophies and a 2nd place one.

Let's be honest: for someone that is said to be a failure, he proved a lot. Why the fuck nobody takes him seriously? Why he was reject as a captain? He is actually a good trainer.
>>
He was good, not the best. I think that was the point. We can assume based on that, for example, that perhaps other captains were the ones getting first from him.
>>
>>30228881
Probably because they know him? Alola isn't a huge place, infact team skill in general isn't taken seriously. Most of them failed the island challenge.
Its not like they're a bunch of unknown goons.
>>
>>30228925
Great, now I feel bad for him.
>>
>>30228970
Guzma founded Team Skull after being rejected.
>>
>>30228970
>pass your island challenge
Welcome to society! We're all full up on captains and kahunas at the moment, so here's your supermarket job where you get to work retail for the rest of your life! make sure to work hard so you're captains and kahunas can run around playing with their pokemon all day!
>fail your island challenge
We're just gonna shove you off onto a lawless island somewhere where you'll fit right in with the other failures you'll be lucky if we even give you any electricity. Careful not to improve anything. Someone tried that once, tried to build a supermarket and the tapus destroyed the fuck out of it.

Alola is a lot darker than I thought.
>>
>>30229077
Yeah but isn't it made up of locals? You even go to Guzma's house in the game.
Hard to be scary when you're mom is in town.
>>
>>30228925
What is his age? He looks like early 20s, and the captains looks like 14 or 15 (Acerola looks like fucking 10).

Why the fuck the captains are so young? I can't imagine Guzma losing for a 7 year old Illima.
>>
>>30228881
How many 2nd and 3rd placers do you remember?

None, right?

There's your explanation about why no one gives a shit about Guzma. 2nd place is just being the 1st loser.
>>
>>30229153
Mallow mentions that all captain retire after then become 20.
>>
>>30229243
What the hell do they do afterwards, then?

What's even the point of this ridiculous age-limitation?
>>
>>30229276
They do whatever everyone else does in the Pokemon world. Also they're probably just like youth leaders or something. It's not that ridiculous really.
>>
Guzma's core tactics are kinda one trick. Hit hard with golisopod, get sent out, try to get revenge and a boost with fell stinger, and if not try to fight them off. As attested by people playing the game, it's a very hit or miss strategy depending on the team. Probably why he could place high sometimes but never actually winning first.
>>
File: 1383802854282.png (74KB, 279x312px) Image search: [Google]
1383802854282.png
74KB, 279x312px
>>30228881

It's specifically mentioned in the post-game why he doesn't ever win and why he's so frustrated with something that's missing in his strategy.

Unfortunately, it's not an actual strategy, it's mentioned that he's missing a bond with his Pokemon and that he sees himself as being grandiose and that he's underperforming instead of admitting that other people are skilled.
>>
>>30229243
So, if we consider a sequel, what will be their future? It really looks like we are going to have gyms next game.
>>
>>30228881
>bug-type trainer
>mains Golisopod

Gee, I wonder why
>>
>>30229469
>Clerks
>>
>>30229121
The people working those supermarkets and such are probably people who never took, or had interest, in the island challenge. either that or they sucked and failed, but didn't have a melt down over it
>>
>yfw guzma lost those tournaments to kukui
>>
>having a captain where one of his pokemon switches out when you sneeze on him
goliospod a shit
>>
>>30230007
this logic doesn't apply to the story anon
>>
I find it hilarious that guzma relied on the move swagger. Like a little bitch. Guzma is a whiny edgy faggot and I'm not surprised so many people hate him.
>>
File: jew e.jpg (156KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
jew e.jpg
156KB, 800x598px
>>30229121
Sounds a lot like our world.

Hmm... I wonder who could be running the Alola region
>>
>>30228881
>Why the fuck nobody takes him seriously? Why he was reject as a captain?

Fuck off you smelly spic.
>>
>>30228881
The Island Challenge is some boy scout shit that kind of everyone does and everyone sort of knows and cares about because they had to do it too.
>>
>can't finish the trials
>whines a lot
>worse trainer than a pokemon professor
>bug user
stop asking why he isn't a captain since he is a shit trainer
>>
>>30228925
Also he has probably surpassed all the other trainers through intensive training.
>>
>>30229469
Hala will fix him.
>>
>>30229077
Fun fact: Guzma didn't create Team Skull. Skull existed in the past but went too far and was taken out by the Tapus. I wish I had a screenshot some skull grunt in a trailer tells you in the middle of no where. Third island I think?
>>
>>30229121
>passing some optional arbitrary challenge doesn't instantly give you some magic lawless position, you still have to get a job and live like a normal human being
>you can only "run around playing with your pokemon all day" as a captain until you're an adult and then you have to get a job, just like kids in real life

wow, how dark

Team Skull is full of losers because they decided to become hooligans and make themselves that way after failing the challenge instead of just moving on with their lives. It seems like the only way to even fail is to give up, for that matter.
>>
>>30230712
He didn't create the idea of the team but I think he reformed it from nothing.
>>
>>30230712
>Team Skull was born outta this old group that once formed around one of the old kahunas.
>But that whole thing fell apart after they got smacked down by the wrath of the tapu!

Is what she says. It's not very detailed.
>>
>>30230919
OH look, another loose plot thread that will probably never be elaborated on or amount to anything.
>>
>>30230919
I recall reading in another thread that Nanu originally lead Team Skull; could he have been the old kahuna mentioned there?
>>
>>30230952
That isn't a plot thread you petty retard, It's called world building. Yes, there are events that have happened in Alola in the past that don't all relate to the central plot of the game and as a result do not require elaboration, and absolutely nothing is missing by not expanding on it.
>>
>>30231054
Why the fuck you build a world we'll be lucky to see one more time and then never again for many years. There's no purpose for details like a mysterious unknown kahuna who established team skull in the past if they weren't going to actually have that character.
>>
>>30231118
I bet you think the journals with Mewtwo are also fucking stupid you retarded imbecile.
>>
>>30228881
He's definitely going to be a kahuna or part of the E4 in the next game though as a bug user
>>
>>30231335
Not the same scenario. If they'd said "team skull had previously been formed in the past" it wouldn't have introduced another character that we'll probably never hear anything about. The journals about mewtwo spoke in general terms. Nice strawman though. You have to draw in some other comparison to even make an argument.
>>
>>30228881
Guzma confirmed for Ash.
>>
>>30231464
It was a perfectly valid comparison.
>>
>>30231464
It is pretty general.
You get a Kahuna. Thats all.
>>
>>30231407
Which Tapu would accept Guzma as the Kahuna?
>>
>>30231494
>tfw we joked about how Guzma and Ash are both rejects who never could win
>tfw we were closer to the truth than we thought
>>
>>30231517
I literally explained why it wasn't right there.
>>30231542
It introduced a character that will never be expounded upon. It's called worldbuilding because you build upon it.
>>
>>30231595
But your explanation is wrong.
>>
>>30231595
Did it ever occur to you that they're building on the team and not the founder?

What you're asking for would be the equivalent of going into depth about the scientists who made Mewtwo.
>>
>>30231034
makes sense, he was probably the old leader of Team Skull, then the Tapu of his island beat the shit out of him, then he got his shit together and became a police officer.
>>
>>30231595
and in the scenario you said was alright, it it introduces a version of the team that will never be expanded on. why where they formed, who lead them? whether or not it mentions a kahuna, both states bring up the same questions. now, I personally think you're just being autisticly anal, and that then spread to you just trying to prove your point by denying their counter argument, but you know... who cares what I think
>>
>>30228881
He's good, but always came up short of being the best. He probably came close enough times that he just got more and more pissed off before he finally just became a giant asshole.
>>
>>30229469
>What you're missing is a bond with your Pokemon that this trainer has
>Blue, you don't treat your Pokemon well that's why you failed unlike Red here
>Absolutely no difference as to how either you or him battle game-wise, can still have your Pokemon hate you, can just release everything worthless to you.
Always pissed me off.
>>
>>30231749
Why mention that it was a kahuna who made it then? Why would the detail be included if it didn't matter? It could have just said "Team Skull was around in the past" rather than specifically mentioning a kahuna made it.
>>
>>30231902
This reminds me of Lusamine's line that we just toss whatever pokemon we don't like into PC boxes. There's literally no defense against that and I just had to laugh. They knew what they were doing.
>>
>>30231966
Why the fuck does this matter to you?

It's just an extra detail about Team Skull, stop being so autistic
>>
>>30231966
To show someone in power who made it?
Perhaps it was greed, perhaps it was them disliking the trials in general. Regardless it was "one of the higher ups" that made it at first, but the topu's put an end towards that regardless. We might not ever meet that Kahuna at this rate, but it's clear that Team Skull didn't just come out of just a few kids having a bad time, but started off with someone in a highly respective position.
>>
>>30231966
Because it was a kahuna. They wouldn't just say "some guy made it" when that guy was a kahuna.
>>
>>30228881
He probably ran paraswagger as a kid
>>
>>30231966
Same reason they linked Fuji to Cinnabar and didn't follow up.
>>
>>30228881
>for someone that is said to be a failure, he proved a lot
>proved alot by never being good enough.
>>
>>30232122
Except Fuji existed as a character. I don't understand.
>>
>Every time Guzma lost it was because he swaggered a physical sweeper with a lum berry
>>
>>30232173
We also know nothing of his past beyond that.

A bit like Skull and this Kahuna.
>>
>>30231034
How else would he know how to get into Po Town. He's got insiders.
>>
>>30232019
I love how they just drop it immediately after she says it, too.
>>
Because he only cares about destroying his opponents and not grow with them.

In other words, he's another Silver clone but they shoved so many "backstory" on him that the main point isn't delivered well.
>>
Didn't the post game explain that Guzma was inded strong and end the test, but the Tapus rejected him because, he fights to feed his own ego and the trials are about teaching the trainers even if they fail?
>>
>>30229328
Wow it never occurred to me that was his strat.
>>
>>30228881
>>30229930
>tfw Guzma will be the Alolan champion in the S&M sequel

I know isn't probable, but I would like it so much.
>>
>>30228881
He only has load of bronze and single silver trophy. In Lima's room there are all gold trophies and they have different color to Guzma's.
I think it is imply that Guzma is somewhat mediocre, hence his eagerness to prove himself.
>>
>>30231494
so the difference is Guzma lacked friends?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.