[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun/Moon General Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 23

File: temp.jpg (41KB, 809x596px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
41KB, 809x596px
Relevant questions welcome.
>>
Someone with a 3* dye shop please tell me what berries are needed for dark red dye.
>>
Did anyone figure out if there's a special NPC to sell mushrooms to?
>>
where can I find ribbons and hairbands/bangs ? Which boutique is selling them? I can't find them in any of the boutiques.
>>
why is tapu bulu a fucking grass type
>>
>>30221860
To fit Grassy Terrain
>>
>>30221822
Olivia's shop
>>
I keep hearing it's one of the best in the series is this true? Just bought it.
>>
where to find ditto?
>>
>>30221930
No
>>
>>30221930
Too soon to tell since right now it still has it's "holy shit this is new" feel going for it. Having said that I do think it is in the upper half of Pokemon games.
>>
>>30221685
Occa, Figy, Liechi
>>
>>30221940
The brown grass below the observatory.
>>
Does the focus sash last only one time?
>>
>>30221930
Much better than 6th gen.
>>
>>30221940
That mountain of the electric trial. Third island, where you can also find Minior.
>>
>>30221930
I honestly hold it as my favorite game in the series, first game was sapphire.
>>
File: 1479965409744.png (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479965409744.png
18KB, 500x500px
Who the hell do you give big mushrooms to?
>>
>>30221860
Bulls graze on grass
>>
>>30222090
Sell them for cash, only use.
>>
Just saw the credits scene. When can I start catching Ultra Beasts?
>>
>>30221615
Does Aurora Veil go away if a new weather condition comes in?
>>
>>30221615
how does synchronize work for sos battles? also does the shiny rate increase over time in the chain or is it a constant rate?
>>
Can you dye hats?
>>
>>30221930
Best and most engrossing game in the series for me.

Unequivocally and easily a top 4 game unless you're a greasy contrarian faggot.
>>
so are they stackable when closed? doesn't look like they fit together
>>
File: 1476840859162.png (572KB, 614x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476840859162.png
572KB, 614x900px
Do all status ailments prevent SOS, or just sleep?
>>
>>30221930
imo while it's better than some games, it's nowhere near the top unless you're referring to story.

That being said, it's still a Pokemon game so it's solid overall.
>>
File: 1479979697263.png (358KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479979697263.png
358KB, 700x800px
Is there any pokémon in the wild that gives 2 speed evs?
>>
>>30221860

Because that's where all the bullshit is.
>>
>>30222365
Golbat
>>
Trying to trade with someone on my 3DS friends list who hasn't been to my plaza. How can I find them?
The PSS in Gen 6 was perfect for local and online interactions with friends, why fuck it up so bad?
>>
>>30222397
Thank you!
>>
>>30221685
How do you upgrade stuff in festival plaza? Street pass?
>>
>>30222363
>>30222304
>>30222086
>>30222038
>>30221980
>>30221940
Alright thanks guys. Just hoping I don't have buyers remorse or anything
>>
>>30222502
if you like Pokemon you'll probably like the game. It's fucking Pokemon.
>>
>>30222459
Either you buy facilities off other guests, or get a random one while leveling up. Some, mostly dye shops, are version locked.
>>
>>30222542
I wasn't that into Pokémon Y not going to lie
>>
>>30221930
Depends on what you like in a pokemon game.
>Pokedex
Not as big as XY's but still pretty big, what was it around 300-350 or so?
>Difficulty
Harder than XY, has rough spots in places but still suffers from trainers never having more than like, 2 pokemon, and even then it's usually one pokemon.
>Story
Pretty decent for a pokemon game. I still think BW1 might edge it out but props for SM for having like, the best evil teams.
>Region
Nice but a little samey at times, and the camera is a little too zoomed in so the way it's designed makes it a little limited.
>Some cons
SOS battling is sucky, no more horde battles, trained up IVs aren't breedable, framerate drops in double battles because the trainer is included which also means triple/rotation battles were cut, low encounter rate for a lot of new and cool pokemon.
>>
Does Minior's color pass down with breeding or is it random?
>>
>>30221615
Really specific question here, but does anyone know if Decidueye uses its "bow" animation for anything other than its signature attack? I like the animation for it but so far it seems like that's the only attack where it actually shoots an arrow.
>>
>>30222195
Your synchro pokemon needs to be on the field when a pokemon is called to affect it. We don't know about the math behind the chance of shiny.
>>
I'm training Pokemon to level up to fill my Pokedex by using EXP share and putting 5 Pokes that need to evolve in my party, and grinding in Poni Plains.

I have a Lucky Egg. Should my Pokemon that's killing everything be holding the Lucky Egg or should I give the egg to other members in the party?
>>
>>30222690
I've heard other people on /vp/ say it passes down unless it hatches shiny
>>
If I download the Sun?moon demo, can i still obtain Ash-Greninja? Or is it too late?
>>
File: lure-ball.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
lure-ball.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
Where's the Lure ball?
>>
>>30222619
I thought X and Y were pretty boring, even if I liked the settings, and I'm having more fun with SM than I had with XY, DP and BW1 when I first played them.
>>
Do we have any way whatsoever of checking how many EV's a Pokemon has in a given stat in game? Alternatively, does anyone know of an EV calc updated for gen 7 mons?
>>
How many steps does the counter go down by on eggs per hour left in the spa?
>>
I'm soft resetting for a Type:Null with decent IVs and nature. I've got one with 18/30/23/30/21/31 for IVs but the nature is Rash. With Type:Null/Silvally having 95 in both Atk and SpAtk, I figure it can run a Mixed set anyway. Should I keep resetting or is this still fine?
>>
>>30222872
Press Y in its summary, the orange graph shows you how much EV you have. If an arrow is blue the stat is maxed out, if orange it's not.
>>
>>30221930
General consensus is that it's an enjoyable if you aren't a nitpicky asshole like all of /vp/

It has a great amount of difficulty in it. It's just at the point where it's a challenge, but not to the point where it's frustrating and you have to waste time relentlessly grinding. The gimmicks are pretty cool, Alolan pokes look good, etc.
>>
>>30222137
Now. There's an NPC outside your house that gives you a card, read it to start sideqiest.
>>
How do I get more characters to battle alongside in the multi-battle tree?
>>
I just reached Vast Poni Canyon, is Solgaleo soon? When should I put a synchroniser in my party?
Also, what nature is best for it?
>>
>>30222749
p-pls respond
>>
does anyone wanna trade me a Kartana for a Phermosa? doesn't even have to be permanent, we can just swap dex entries
>>
So did the critical capture table get changed to match the lack of a national dex or not?
>>
>>30223161
It's at the end of Vast Poni Canyon, and you'll have a chance to back out and get a synchronizer before fighting it.

Also, Adamant.
>>
Asking again from last thread, does anyone know where to get the Pyukumuku hat? None of the regular apparel stores have it.
>>
Aside from Def, SDef, and HP EVs, should I level Turtonator's Att or SAtt?
>>
>>30222981
Will having any relevant EV investment whatsoever (so 4 or greater) cause there to be at least somewhat of a visible orange arrow next to the respective stat? I'm paranoid because I used Poke Pelago to EV train and I don't trust it yet.
>>
>>30222850

Talk to Samson on Blush Mountain.
>>
>>30222925

Bring a syncer, it's 100% effective on gift mon.
>>
Can Type: Null breed with Ditto?
>>
>>30223308
What are you using it in? Turt has pretty good bulk outside of HP, so you'll want to max HP if you're doing anything with it.
>>
What the fuck is up with the encounter rate on most new Pokemon? Seriously, Dewpider has a fucking 40% encounter rate while surfing in Brooklet Hill and I have not seen a single one.
>>
>>30223355

Nope.
>>
>>30223386
Dewpider is in the grass, dude.
>>
>>30223402
FUCKING BULLSHIT!
>>
I want to use a bug/water type in game since I don't have a water type and rhibombee is starting to become too weak to do anything good as my bug-type.
Should I go for the spider or the gundam? If I already caught my wimpod and traded it, will I not be able to catch another one in the same spot?
>>
exp share on or off?
>>
Pokemon Sun, where the fuck do I find vulpix?
>>
>>30222981
Actually you know if a stat is maxed out by the stars sparkling around it, the blue color means that the pokemon can't receive any more EV in general.
>>
>>30223540
There's some pretty tough challenges if you keep it off IMO
>>
>>30223577

The grass in Tapu Village at earliest(about halfway on the third island)
>>
Salandits shiny form has a white body and the same head as normal, right?
>>
>>30223587
Thank you for the correction.
Are you able to answer:
>>30223319
Would greatly appreciate it
>>
>serebii says sheldon has 20% chance in bubles
>already 30 times fished in bubbles and no sheldon

Does it come only at night maybe?
>>
File: 1478610973241.jpg (54KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478610973241.jpg
54KB, 480x700px
What are the best nature for each of the Tapus.

What's the fastest way to boost a pokemon's Happiness?
>>
>>30223479
>ribombee
>too weak
you wat
>>
File: 1479765365890.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1479765365890.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
Im trying to get into the patrician sport of pokemon breeding. What are the appropriate steps to breeding pokemon with perfect IVs ?
>>
>>30223540
keep it on, skip almost all wild encounters, you can even skip some trainers. Your team will be properly leveled for everything
>>
>>30223587
Is there a way to know if you for example 128 EVs in something versus 120, or how many points you have left outside of eyeballing it?
>>
>>30223639
That's pretty easy to check yourself, just get a clean pokemon out of your PC and do a couple fights with it in your team.
>>
Does Lillie's diary really end at when she first met you? People built it up to be much more
>>
>>30223679
I'm finishing up the 3rd island, and while it hits pretty hard, it also gets 1/2 hit by everything right now and I can tell it's only going to get worse as the game goes on. Its signature attack is pretty great in the few in-game double battles, though.
>>
>>30222362
Paralysis stops SOS iirc

I keep wanting to type "taze" instead of "para" fuck
>>
>>30223655
39 tries were needed until it apeared.

20% is most likely incorect here. Someone should correct it.
>>
>>30223671

I went with Naive for Koko, Modest for Lele, Adamant for Bulu, and haven't decided for Fini, maybe I'll do a timid calm mind set.
>>
>>30223725
I know that tests are possible in such a manner, but would you be able to elaborate how exactly I would go about testing? You can also defer me to an online resource you trust. so goddamn paranoid I'm gunna fuck up these mons and waste time
>>
>>30222802
Other party members. The lucky egg doesn't effect the exp shared unless that Pokémon is holding it.
>>
Got a poke from WT with pokerus.

In my box atm haven't taken it out, will the pokerus expire even if i don't take it out of my pc box?

I'm only on the 2nd island so don't want to EV train yet.
>>
Where in Hau'oli City can I get the Pokedoll? Serebii only says it's there but not where or how you get it.

>>30223879
Pokerus only expires if you have it in your party for a while.
>>
>>30223690
First, get some pokemon with good IVs. SOS chaining is a good way to get them, since the longer the chain the better their IVs will be, starting at about 20.

Once you get a few with good IVs, you'll need some items. If one of your breeding mons is holding a Destiny Knot, 5 IVs will be passed from the parents to the child. A pokemon holding an EV training item is guaranteed to pass the related stat to offspring. So if you have one pokemon with perfect attack and one with perfect defense, making them hold the related EV training items will guarantee passing both to the offspring. Once you get 4-5 good IVs on both breeding partners, it's better to switch one of them to a destiny knot.

Keep doing this until you get one with 6 perfect IVs, or at least 5 (most pokemon have at least one stat they don't care about).

Hyper training will raise a pokemon's IV to 31, but it will only apply to battles, not to breeding/hidden power typing/etc.

Or just ask a PKHexer to get you a perfect ditto and skip all this bullshit busywork.
>>
>>30223973
>Hyper Training doesn't apply to breeding, etc

then what's the goddamn point?
>>
>>30223829
>would you be able to elaborate how exactly I would go about testing?
Get a pokemon you caught and boxed immediatly in your team then kill 4 pokemon that yield the same EV and look at its EV graph after each kill?
>>
>>30224006
probably for filling in an iv gap?
>>
>>30224006
If you get a shiny, you can hyper train it for perfect stats and use it in battle no problem. You can also get a better hidden power type on a pokemon with perfect stats.
>>
>>30224040
my point is that if I get a good pokemon via training, I can't breed it, which is goofy
>>
>>30224006

Fixing shinies, maxing out the stats on legendaries, making Hidden Power less of a mess.
>>
Can I SOS Politoad if I use a pelipper with drizzle/rain dance?
>>
>>30224093
It kinda is. Gamefreak apparently wanted to reduce the breeding grind/the use of hacked dittos, and in doing so added an even worse grind to the game.
>>
File: 1478541484842.png (268KB, 496x708px) Image search: [Google]
1478541484842.png
268KB, 496x708px
>>30223671

>What's the fastest way to boost a pokemon's Happiness?

Pls help.
>>
>>30224141
if they let us use this on a Ditto and breed it probably 85% of problems would be fixed
>>
>>30224173
lomi lomi massage in konikoni city (1 per day)
feeding it its favorite malasada flavor (need to work off the calories so it can eat more, most likely by battling)
stuffing it full of food from as many friendship cafes in your festival plaza as you can (does not affect ingame fullness)
walking around with the soothe bell, possibly while also hatching eggs to multitask
>>
>>30224173
Make it hold a sooth bell, feed it malasadas it likes, take it for a massage, and battle with it. Don't let it faint.

Poke Refresh has no effect on happiness BTW.

>>30224261
Probably. I honestly think that they should automatically set all IVs to 31 for 'competitive' battles, kinda like how levels are set to 50. I'm in the minority there though.
>>
Where in Hau'oli City can I get the Poke Doll?
>>
>>30224306
also note that the lomilomi massage only does it on the first slot pokemon, so bring them up front before talking

and the festival plaza cafes restock their meals every day
>>
>>30224336
>Probably. I honestly think that they should automatically set all IVs to 31 for 'competitive' battles, kinda like how levels are set to 50. I'm in the minority there though.

They should just get rid of I.V's.
>>
So wait A-Vulpix has a hidden ability to make it hail?
If so how do I get it?
>>
>>30224393
that would kill the aspect of breeding that so many people love so much.
>>
I know it's probably been asked a million times, but does the Battle Royal have an online mode?
>>
>>30224393
i agree
>>
>>30224306
>>30224336

>Beans it likes.

Wait what? Do the colors actually correspond to typing?

Should I give Golbat purple ones?
>>
Is Alolan Raichu any good? I want a Pokémon game where pikachu or Raichu is actually decent.
>>
>>30224431

S.O.S chaining.
>>
>>30224479
Shit so I'm out of luck in Moon?
>>
>>30224522
unless you get someone to trade you for one, yeah
>>
>>30224478
Also I have a level 80 shiny pikachu in Pokémon omega ruby, if I trade it and use thunderstorm in Sun it will be alolan right?
>>
What is the best method to catch Castform?
>>
>>30224451
beans are for pokemon refresh, and affect exp boosting after battles, critical hit rate, status effect self-healing, and enduring killshots with 1 hp

it DOES NOT affect friendliness. malasadas affect friendliness. there are several of those restaurants scattered across alola, each specializing in a flavor or two. look up the nature and prefered flavor of your pokemon and feed it the corresponding malasada from the right shop
>>
Does pokerus affect EV gains on Poke Pelago?
>>
>>30224578
yes
>>
do malasadas make anyone else crave fried bake?
>>
>>30224435
Who enjoys breeding, though? Especially spending hours breeding for a perfect team? Plus they could still have breeding without IVs, just breeding for nature/egg moves.

The games would be better if they replaced IVs with something that actually made the pokemon in-game unique.
>>
>>30223540
Game can be tricky with it off.
>>
So if since Dhelmise is one of those pokemon that you need patience to catch
If I put a one of my breeded ones in the GTS, are chances high or low if I asked for a feebas
>>
>>30224792
it makes me crave fry bread but i think thats basically the same thing
>>
>>30224828
Don't take away the non-casual parts of the game.
You devalue a good breed and the experience needed for breeding.
>>
Does anyone know the exact EVs you get from the Bounce House courses in the Festival Plaza? The game isn't very specific.
>>
If you're breeding an Alolan form Pokemon, is there any way to get one of the parents to pass on a nature using the Everstone without the offspring being in their original form? Like, is the offspring only in its original form if it's the mother that holds the Everstone, or is it either parent, or what?
>>
so how do you get gold bottle caps?
just from the lotto and haunted house?
>>
>>30225100
PokePelago too.
>>
I've checked both Malie Garden and that route that UB Blade is supposed to be on and I can't find it. What am I doing wrong. The music is playing in both locations
>>
>>30225258
I found it literally seconds after making this post in Malie Garden
>>
>>30224963
Breeding isn't even that difficult, though. Once you have the right setup, a perfect ditto or a few good breeding dittos, it's just a repetitive biking simulator. IV's are just an obtuse way to make pokemon different, but at the end of the day they just overcomplicate the game for normies and make breeding necessary for good pokemon at end game. Why waste 6+ hours breeding/training a good team when I could just hax 6 good mons in? Plus they could still keep breeding relevant without keeping IVs, either by replacing IVs with a more streamlined system, or by adding more egg moves/abilities/forms that can only be obtained via breeding.
>>
>>30225197
oh from the cave?
so you can hypothetically farm endless ones, its just all rng based and you can only get a max of 3 a day?
>>
Can hats and glasses be dyed?
>>
>>30225258
just keep at it

alternatively you can use a repel and have a pokemon out front higher than the local pokemon, but lower than the UB. that forces the only encounters to be UB, but it still rolls for normal encounters that wont show up. just keep trying
>>
>>30225289
if i could redo it i think i would just say "ok natures are enough to differentiate different pokemon". IVs are just autistic.
maybe if you wanted you could have primary and secondary nature or something. like a 10% one and a 5% one.
>>
>>30225353
I like this, desu. Just have natures, and then characteristics that give +-5% boosts to 4 stats. You can still breed for everything, but now you don't have to waste hours doing it/breeding literally boxes full of rejects, and there's still a bit of knowledge required.
>>
When do I wanna evolve my Growlithe? I just got to Konikoni or whatever it's called so I can buy the rock already.
>>
>>30225353
>>30225289
>IVs are just autistic
Like I said. There are also players that don't want a casualized game. Pokemon is apealing for casuals and for autists. This is a very important balance.

Hex your shit if you are too lazy. Breeding has a big fanbase.
>>
>>30225506
so does gambling

that doesn't make it good
>>
>>30225506
>spending hours going out of the way just for the illusion of differences between pokemon vs. something that would actually value differences between pokemon is bad
you sound exactly like the kind of people that defended HMs being in the game
>>
>>30225587
Wild assumptions

>>30225541
You earn the IVs with patients and knowledge.
This is not a gamble.

Both of you lads are lazy that don't want to invest the work but still be equal to those that work hard on perfection. This is not how it works.
>>
>>30224617

No.
>>
So the only way to gain sensible Exp. is through the Pokemon League? The experience gained from Poke Pelago seems pretty low. Don't tell me I have to drag a Bagon through the league if I want to register a Salamence in the pokedex
>>
>>30225665
>this is not how it works
>implying vcg trainers don't just hack their mons in
>implying anyone but people literally on the spectrum prefer waste hours preparing for/breeding pokemon over hidden numbers that barely change stats instead of actually battling/playing the game

It's not lazy to criticize something that is a legitimately bad design choice, since breeding for every IV ends up being min/maxing autism.
>>
File: 1479072669142.jpg (2MB, 1447x1860px) Image search: [Google]
1479072669142.jpg
2MB, 1447x1860px
If you start an encounter with an Adamant Synchronize Pokemon, will all the SOS Pokemon called be Adamant?
>>
How do I get the MT in the Desert?
>>
>>30225665
>Both of you lads are lazy that don't want to invest the work but still be equal to those that work hard on perfection. This is not how it works.
i'm definitely too lazy to breed for perfect IVs, but i like breeding. its just... i don't care about filling boxes with rejects, idk why it has to be that way or what that does to make the game "better". it just creates a barrier for entry into competitive, and it encourages injecting.
that said, i don't REALLY care, and since you can theoretically get endless gold bottlecaps it doesn't really matter that much anymore.
>>
>>30225780
idk but i doubt it since synchronize doesn't work 100% of the time anyway
>>
File: 250px-781Dhelmise.png (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-781Dhelmise.png
56KB, 250x250px
Explain Dhelmise's appearance to me.

Is the wheel and compass meant to be it's face and eye? Surely it's design can't actually just be fucking seaweed?
>>
>>30225759
You can get a Salamence on the first island with sos calls, the only problem is you need to find a 1% Bagon first.
>>
Serebii has the Air Balloon as being in Malie Garden, but I've talked to everyone and looked everywhere here, and no dice. Do I need to bring the one girl a Gyarados or something?
>>
>>30224336

Also throw it in Pelgago's spa when you go to bed if you do so without maxing it out already.
>>
so does anyone know where the jolteon user is for the eeveenium z quest?
>>
>>30225776
this

it's like a chess game that favors people who have carved and polished their chess pieces to a certain standard instead of just being how good you are at playing
>>
Currently have a Ribombee & Crabrawler that I'm thinking of swapping for a Alolan Ninetales & Passimian. Good idea or is what I have already better?
>>
>>30225808
you could always dump the rejects into wondertrade, then release the 'mons you get from that, barring any lucky shiny lottos
>>
File: 1480048205121.jpg (71KB, 372x261px) Image search: [Google]
1480048205121.jpg
71KB, 372x261px
Is there a cohesive guide for EV training in Sun and Moon?
>>
>>30221615
Where do I find TM 90? Serebii says Route 1, but I just can't find.
>>
File: 1479233486855.png (204KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1479233486855.png
204KB, 1366x768px
>>30226122
Best one I have on hand atm
>>
>>30225943
possessed seaweed that has appropriated an anchor, wheel, and compass as a body

i imagine, if ghost pokemon can come from people, that it's the ghosts of drowned sailors that are clinging to something familiar, which is uniformly a wheel, compass, and anchor
>>
>>30226117
yeah, i get it, its just a lot of work and i don't into competitive anyway so i'm never going to do it.
i just think its not a great system.
>>
>>30226117
I think he just wants a simplified breeding system in which you don't have to literally breed the same pokemon 40/50 times just to get one that is competitively viable.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 699x471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 699x471px
What's a good ball for the tapus?
Koko: Ultra
Lele: Heal
Bulu: ???
Fini: Dive
>>
>>30226159
oh neat
>>
>>30223124
anyone know?
>>
is there a reliable way to repeatedly double battle in order to sketch stuff?

Also, if I'm trying to chain pokemon will Synchronize affect SOS mons or only the original?
>>
>>30226203
are you doing it for fashion or for effectiveness

if for fashion, nest ball for element, or level for color
>>
>>30226327
i'm talking only about bulu there
>>
File: 1478055277233.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1478055277233.png
367KB, 568x454px
>>30226159
>this is so much better than gen 6!
>all that fucking set-up
Holy shit. I can't even afford fucking dye shops right now. How much fucking FC would you need to fully level and EV train six Pokemon? Nevermind the fact that no one ever recommends anything good, and if they ever do have anything good "You failed to make this person a VIP" crushes your hopes.
>>
>>30221800
Can anyone answer this?
>>
>>30226342
>>30226327
Cheers my man, was doing it for fashion
>>
>got Electirium Z
>go to oasis
>never meet electric types ever
What the fuck? Where I can find them?
>>
Just caught a Minior. Physical, special, or Mixed?

>>30226449
Pichu and Grubbin (evolves into charjabug) on route 1, magnemite in Hau-loi city, chinchou is . . . somewhere. Oricorio is a thing too, but it's awful.
>>
>>30226395
some streamer is going to spam beast balls at koko so he can bring him to pwc and taunt people with it
>>
>>30226449
>golem line
>magnezone line
>raichu line
>pika clone
>vikavolt line
there's a few more but what else do you need
>>
File: z lax.png (29KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
z lax.png
29KB, 500x216px
At what point do you get the pseudo-HM-Strength Ridemon?
I just got to Seafolk Village
>>
>>30221860
Because it's a bull, and bulls eat grass.
>>
>>30226529
Pretty soon. Keep going on Poni.
>>
>>30226501
the oricorios are pretty much flying only, with the dual spec being used for resistances. yelloricorio is probably the most viable one because of the electric/ground weakness coverage
>>
>>30226449
Elekid and roly-poly are on Blush Mountain.

>>30226501
Chinchou is route 8 I think.
>>
I'm trading mons with my friend over wifi and i evolved the poliwhirl from the in-game trade into politoed but for whatever reason he can't trade it back, it keeps on giving an error message saying there's a problem with the partner's pokemon
>>
Who should I use the master ball on?
>>
File: 1470111884785.gif (2MB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1470111884785.gif
2MB, 499x374px
Where's the mushroom "collector" who buys the shrooms for a higher price than Marts?
>>
>>30226604
caterpie.
That's where I used it.
>>
>>30225953
Salamence is just an example, it's just the first pokemon I thought that evolves at a high level. I could've said Dragonite or Braviary. Point is, it seems that level grinding for dex completition is gonna be a pain and I wanted to know if there was a way around it
>>
>>30226665
In a different game.

All we got is the usual marts this time around.
>>
>>30226604
Shiny Pokemon that can run or explode
>>
If I trade a scyther with a metal coat, does it consume the metal coat when it evolves?
>>
>>30226813
Yes. This is true for all Trade+Hold Item evolutions.
>>
So pretty much the only thing you gotta do is shiny hunt for a pokemon your fond of then just hyper train them to 100? pretty sweet
>>
>>30226812
the only right answer
>>
Can two Dittos breed?
>>
Anyone find a Buneary or Lopunny with the Island Scan yet?
>>
>>30226895
its only specific pokemon
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/dailyevent.shtml
>>
Where Do I get Kelbsy and Pomeg berries?
>>
>>30226912
wow what a fucking gyp

they'd better add more after the bank comes
how dare they release a game in the current year with only 300 total pokemon
>>
best level to evolve vulpix?
>>
What's the most in-demand breedable pokemon?

I've been having lots of luck with using bred Minior on GTS to grab pokedex fillers
>>
Does game sync reset with every new game?
>>
>>30227104
toxapex's prevolution with regenerator is good
>>
>>30226893
No.
>>
What's a decent party setup that will enable someone who has never touched PvP in Pokemon before to have at least a reasonable chance? I hear Alolan Muk and Alolan Marowak are good but I have no idea what else is or how to properly use them.
>>
>>30227192
Ah, okay. How am I getting an perfect EV one besides cheating or requesting one? Catching is probably down to luck.
>>
I just got the game and have a couple questions.

1. Hyper Training - So this allows you to train all IV's to 31 once the pokemon is level 100. I hear you need to use bottlecaps or something. Is Hyper Training a viable approach to getting multiple pokemon to max IV's or is it limited?

2. Registering teams/other players - I remember with ruby and sapphire they had bases that allowed you to battle other registered players team controlled by an AI. Is there any such thing in this game to battle AI teams that were generated by actual players?

3. How far into the game to get to the daycare?
>>
>>30227298
daycare is on akala island but it doesn't raise levels of pokemon anymore
>>
I just got to a major part of the story. I'm fighting Lusamine in Ultra Space. I used Curse from my Trevenant on her Clefable, and it took half my health like it should. Clefable wasn't cursed though, and isn't losing health every turn as intended.

Is this a bug, or what?
>>
>>30221930
It's the best pokemon game imho and definitely much more difficult than XY or most other pokemon games.
>>
>>30227351
Clefable has Magic Guard
>>
>>30227351
Magic Guard.
>>
>>30227414
>>30227422
I didn't know Magic Guard worked on Curse, since it's not a status effect. Thanks.
>>
File: 1325060995373.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1325060995373.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
So yeah, how many EVs does each meal yield in the battle table? I want to know before I think of buying one.
>>
Not so much a Sun/Moon question but, as someone who's getting into competitive breeding, when Ditto is paired with a gender unknown pokemon like Metagross, who passes down the ball to the offspring?
>>
>catch a purple Minior and a Beldum
>decide to do today's island scan
>accidentally KO
>soft reset
>slow realization that I need to recatch minior and beldum
What should I drink to drown my sorrow /vp/?
>>
>>30227444
Magic Guard works on any kind of indirect damage, including weather, curse/nightmare, iron barbs/rough skin/spiky shield, and even life orb.
>>
>>30227501
Water
>>
>>30227298
For your first question, there are 2 types of bottle caps. Silver ones allow you to hyper train 1 IV to 31 and and gold ones increase all 6 IVs to 31. So far there seems to be only 1 method to get the gold ones and that is through a facility in the festival plaza. It is completely luck based with 1 attempt a day but you can get more attempts by getting more of that facility (max 7).

Along with the fact that training to Lv100 is a lot more tedious now with no Restaurants, O-Powers and Blissey Bases, it will take a long while if you want to hyper train a ton of Pokémon.
>>
WHERE DO YOU GET THE ADDITIONAL CONTACT LENS COLORS?

I NEED VIOLET!
>>
Does chaining give you better IVs?

I was trying to chain a shiny Pichu and gave up after a while and caught one of the Pikachus that showed up. It had four perfect IVs, one very good IV, and one pretty good IV.
>>
>>30227575
yes
>>
How do I get past this totem Salazzle with a mono grass team? At this point I just have unevolved little shits and that lizard proceeds to one-shot my entire team save for the owl.
>>
Can totem pokemon be shiny?
>>
>>30227575
Yea it does. Max is four perfects.
>>
>>30227555
>So far there seems to be only 1 method to get the gold ones and that is through a facility in the festival plaza

Wrong, you can get it through lottery and through rare-treasure and interesting-item hunting in pelago.
>>
water
>>
>>30227612
yes and you can't catch it (obviously)
>>
What are the best natures for each UB and Tapu?
>>
>>30227491
I wanted to know about this too. Serebii / Bulbapedia don't list it.
>>
is it possible to build a strong non-gimmicky doubles team without any UB or tapu in it?
>>
>>30227351
It has magic guard.
>>
where do I grind for post game?
just beat the game with level 47-50 pokemon using many max revives against Kukui, and both the detective with Looker and Dexio can one shot my pokemons with non stab moves.
For example, my Alolan Persian is slower than the Alakazam of detective woman and the espeon of Dexio, and they once shot him with fairy and fighting moves.
I think they are like 61, my persian is 48.
>>
What should I name my oricorio?
>>
When I open the game, I get a black screen. Any suggestions?
>>
>>30227725
Poni Plains, past the ruins on Poni Island.
>>
>>30221930

yes, I beat (by that I mean the moment you reach the postgame) it in 38 hours, including a few hours searching pokemons with the right nature, so it would normally be perhaps 33 hours.
Only the first 2 hours are very slow full of cutscenes.
And it is pretty hard for a Pokemon game if you dont use the experience share.
>>
>>30227688
What do you mean by "strong?" Strength is relative. Obviously it won't be stronger than a team with UBs/legends in it.
>>
>>30227741
Reinstall
>>
File: 1479452773621.png (892KB, 1186x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1479452773621.png
892KB, 1186x1920px
Sun and Moon have different clothing options, right? Can you get all of them through transferring a save between versions?
>>
How does HA chaining work?
I want HA Passimian but in the 30 times it calls its only Trumbeak. it's probably going to Struggle soon
>>
File: 1409112358096.png (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1409112358096.png
15KB, 300x300px
I'm getting mixed reports as to whether you get 4 IVs after 30 chains or 40 chains. Which is it?
>>
Charjabug is ultrarare of what?
>>
what level for red non charcoal dye?
>>
>>30227807
a team that can compete and not get completely clowned on
>>
>>30227905
Kill that Trumbeak while there's another one out. The ones called in can also call in back up. The chain really only ends when you want it to end.
>>
>>30227946
A-Marowak with LRod is a strong UB/Tapu check right now, and no Landos around to fuck it up. Start from there I guess.
>>
>>30227574
Anybody know? Please?
>>
Just caught Solgaleo and beat Gladion. Everything suddenly caught up to my level with an unexpected spike.

All of my pokemon are 55-60. Is Mount Lanakilla a good place to grind, or is there a better spot before the E4?
>>
I'm off to catch Tapu Fini. Will Dive balls have boosted catch odds for it or just 1x?
>>
>>30226203

Repeat for Bulu. Get someone to loan you theirs for the dex entry to make it easier.
>>
>>30228161
Can you get me their exact item names so I can go mining?
>>
File: 1253583526551.jpg (10KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1253583526551.jpg
10KB, 240x250px
>>30228175
>All of my pokemon are 55-60

Then fight the league you shitter. You should be able to win without a level advantage.
>>
Best EV spread for a Bulu?

What's better, 252 Atk + 252 HP/Speed or something else? Is it bulky enough without HP investment?
>>
>>30227951
passimian and Orangaru can't sos themselves
>>
>>30228267
I'm going HP over Speed but that's just me.
>>
Can anybody check the map and coords for any alternate place of the alternate dimension on sun? (preferably the altar of sunne)
I fugged around with the saves and it shat on itself, just a little help bbys
>>
>>30228175
You don't need to train. I had mons around 53 and the league was a breeze.
>>
Does the battle royal need good iv's and ev's? I tried using my in-game team because I haven't started working on competitive mons but I don't think I'm going to win even the normal rank with them
>>
Is there some sort of Abra wonder-trading meme going on in Japan?? Why is everyone from Japan sending Abra??
>>
What EV spread does A-Marowak need?
>>
>>30224350
From lillie during a cutscene right after you beat the league
>>
File: IMG_1192.jpg (20KB, 180x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1192.jpg
20KB, 180x312px
>Want to trade boldore for boldore to fill my dex
>Every single one available is exactly level 43 and I only have the first 2 crystals

Is there a move it can only learn once it hits 43 or some shit? I just want a lower level one so I can use it if needed before next island.
>>
>>30228192
I just caught her with a Dive ball and it only took a few, so I guess so.
>>
>>30228371

The enemies use competitively trained mons including megas and shit right out of the gate so yes.
>>
>>30228484
That's the level they appear at in the wild. They're on the last island.
>>
>>30228484
Boldore is probably caught in the wild at that level.
>>
>>30228564
Fuck. I didn't run into anything with a Z-move or megas yet but I should've known that considering what I battled isn't in the Alola dex. I'm not good with competitive battling so I should probably just stick with losing for now. 100 losses for a damn Ability capsule is going to take a while.
>>
Should I get sun or moon? And I'd it comfy to have day/night swapped or is it just weird
>>
What should I do postgame? How do I rematch people? I already know about Battle Tree and UB Hunt
>>
>>30228447
Thanks.
>>
>>30221930
The only major complaints I have with the game is

1) the amount of interruptions during the main story. I feel like I was on a leash the entire game with little to no room to explore since a lot of optional areas are blocked off the first time you pass by them.

2) the inconvenient methods of EV training and leveling up compared to Gen 6. Although if you're not autistic like me and the 90% of people who browse this board then this won't be an issue to you.

Overall I enjoyed the game. Totem battles were surprisingly tricky, but manageable.
>>
How do I get the MT on the desert?
>>
When a pokemon makes a howl, and I get into a fight, I get the pokemon that made the sound. Coincidence, or is that a new feature?
>>
>>30228705
Moon. Comfy. If not then still get moon and just change your system time.
>>
>>30228766
Oh, good point. Thanks
>>
>>30228761
New feature
>>
Did Go Ichinose return to work on the soundtrack? He's been absent the past two games working on Pocket Card Jockey.
>>
Do balls pass down if they're from a-gendered Pokémon?

planning to get a BB beldum
>>
>>30228835
I believe so. I wish you the best of luck in your 72 hour endeavor.
>>
>>30228887
I'm probably gonna beg on /wfg/ for one. Breeding up BB adamant Aqua jet wimpods as we speak. I'm pretty sure they don't fit that well but I don't have the balltism to breed a shiny wimpod with a premier ball
>>
>>30221615
Will I encounter any problems if I play a UK version of Sun on my Australian 3DS?

i.e. problems with promo codes, online etc?
thanks
>>
>>30228952
I know 3ds's are region-locked so I'm not sure if that would work. I know a Japanese game on an American 3ds is a no go.
>>
>>30227351
Poisoning didn't do anything to her either. Maybe its the Aura?
>>
>>30228983
I'm sure UK and AU are both part of the PAL region, I'm just unsure whether there will be other unforeseen problems
>>
>>30228986

MAGIC GUARD.
>>
>>30222628
>>30221930
Yeah, definitely just as good as BW for story if not better.
>>
Are Ultra Beasts one-off, or can you catch more than one of any/all of them?
>>
>>30223248
Sure anon, we could also do permanent if you want
>>
>>30226734
So I can just sell all my nuggest/pearls/stardust/money items at any old pokémart for the best price?
>>
Are there only one of each of the various apricorn balls in game?
>>
>>30228833
bump

>>30229253
i've heard you can get more at the festival plaza
maybe?
>>
>>30229249
Yes

>>30229291
Pretty sure it was confirmed that festival plaza does not give you any more but serebii just lists it as "Set A" and such so I remember where I heard that. I'm assuming they'll add some games to the global link thing that will get us more of them down the road.
>>
So what's going on with the QR code rental teams?

Is this feature available yet or not?
>>
How does island scan interact with saving? Can I do it, go for the pokemon, and reset if I fail to get what I want? I want to catch a Pokemon in one of the johto balls. If it gets out and I reset, can I island scan again? Or does it save when you do the scan or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Does Miltank evolve from something?
>>
>>30230341
they have Tauros and Miltank on the same page because reasons
>>
>>30230341
Tauros as a partner Pokemon on the page my Australian friend.
>>
>>30230362
Okay, thanks.
>>
Salazzle: Timid or Modest?
>>
>>30230341
Phone poster leave.
>>
I'm doing the Looker mission. Can we catch more than one of the beasts that there are more than one of after we report back to him? After the mission? Or can we only catch them during that step of the mission? So far I've only caught Nihilego and haven't reported to him
>>
>>30229225
I'll put it up on the GTS. I figure that's easier than going through the trouble of adding FC's. My IGN is Acer
>>
>>30230362

They're the same pokemon, just male and female cows
>>
All those lots that look ready for something to be built on them, all over the entire region. Are those... Anything? Is it post-game? There are so many perfectly building sized square empty lots with the same construction materials asset in the corner. I was assuming for a while that the Pokemon League stuff was going to be postgame and that it would involve gyms being built as well, but obviously not.
>>
>>30230192
This is something you could easily test yourself.
>>
>>30229188
There is only one Nihilego and Guzzlord. There are two Xerkitree and differing amounts of multiples of Buzzwole/Pheromosa and Kartana/Celesteela depending on which version you got. Two Buzzwole and four Kartana in Sun, and four Pheromosa and two Celesteela in Moon.
>>
>>30230458

Find out in Pokemon Stars (TM) and once you finished exploring the Alola version on the all-new Switch console, get back home from your vacation to explore the Kanto region in never before seen eye-popping 3D HD visuals!
>>
>>30230464
And wait a week to be able to try again for the Pokemon I want if the scan is eaten up by the reset.
>>
Look at the map.
What's that jazz in the top right corner?
>>
>>30230425
You can catch 1 Jellyfish, 4 origami/roach, and 2 skeeter/bamboo
>>
>>30230458
Best I can tell its just random details for the world or maybe teasing about a sequel. Because I haven't seen shit about them in post game yet.
>>
>>30221615
Is it even possible to complete the pokedex until January?
Also, does anyone have a timeline or lore thing on the Looker. He's always been my favorite recurring character and I want to understand it all. It seems like he got wormholed before oras but the ub missions never mentioned the pokemon he lost or the mega stone he kept.
>>
>>30230575
>Is it even possible to complete the pokedex until January?
You can only finish the regional dex for now.
>>
I just started the game and got Greninja. Is it possible to see Greninja in the pokedex at all? I noticed it doesn't even have a number when you look at it.
>>
What time does the game consider 'morning' to evolve my rockpupper into rockdoggo
>>
Do Memory Discs give bonus power like the Arceus Plates?
>>
>Sharpedo never calls for help even with Adreinaline Orb at 1HP
>when it does call for help nobody comes 80% of the time
why
>>
>>30230662

There's no national dex in this game. The national dex is being made a thing for Pokemon bank.
>>
Probably stupid question but...
have been the Legendaries IVs always rigged?

Just got the upgrade for the PC and never really caring about IVs.
>>
>>30230695
no
>>
>>30230508
What about Guzzlord and Xurkitree? Are there only one of each of them? And thank you, this helps a bit
>>
>>30223925
Beat the game.
>>30224909
High, I reckon.
>>30225479
If you have the patience, get it to the mid 40s so it can get Flare Blitz, otherwise you can evolve it now and compensate with TMs later.

I've heard something about there being two Cosmogs obtainable in the game. How does that work?
>>
>>30230897
One Guzzlord, two Xurkitree.
>>
Do you really need to hatch 20 fucking eggs for the IV guy to bother with you like it says on Serebii? That's gotta be bullshit.
>>
>>30230843

Starting in 6th gen, legendaries always have 3 perfect I.Vs.
>>
>>30230944

You do, just breed magikarps, they hatch quickly.
>>
>>30230939
Thank you. I don't know what everyone is calling them so I was a little confused by skeeter but I think I figured it out.
>>
Does the Macho Brace even exist in this game?
>>
>>30230192
It never saves unless you tell it to
>>
what's the relation between arceus and type: null?
Any other trainers I can rematch outside of the elite 4 and battle tree besides the game freak staff?
>>
>>30231040

Skeeter was the fan name due to his reveal being followed by spam of one of those respond with these rewards for a reward/avoid a curse. It was something like

>You have been visited by the mosquito of massive gains. Gains will come to you but only if you respond to this post with SPOT ME SKEETER.
>>
>>30229941
Nobody has details on this then I'm guessing.
>>
>>30231213

Nope.
>>
>>30231213
>>30229941
haven't tried it, but you can enable it on www.pokemon-gl.com and with game sync form the festival plaza
>>
>>30231182
Well shit. I thought Skeeter was Kartana. If Skeeter is Buzzwhole, is Roach Guzzlord or Phermosa? I know Jellyfish is Nihilego and Bamboo is Celesteel. Jesus Christ I must be more retarded than I thought.
>>
>>30231213
Pretty sure it hasn't been enabled yet.
>>
>>30231362

Roach is Pheromosa. Guzzlord is either Hombre (God hand reference) or evil Kirby.
>>
>>30231074
yeah, I think a route boss had it.
Question- Other than the names of the altars and the time, does dimension switching do anything?
>>
>>30231556

You get a Cosmog at some lake, that's it.
>>
>>30231612
Yeah, I did that. I'm just wondering if it gives the opposite games exclusives or something cool like that. Its pretty cool that they added it in regardless, it was a fun suprise.
>>
Why isn't my Meowth evolving? I left it in the PokePelago until it had max happiness, and I'm leveling it up with no evolution.
>>
>>30230791
o-oh...
>>
>>30231720

Just Cosmog and the time swap.
>>
>>30231720
>I'm just wondering if it gives the opposite games exclusives
No, same one as the box. but you can trade this one without it being Nebby.
>>
>>30225943

>>30226177

Also note how the missing sections of seaweed along the bottom of the anchor is reminiscent of a toothy grin. It's definitely an out-there design, but I like it personally.
>>
>>30231743
Is it day or night?
>>
>>30231886
Night. I'm playing Sun.
>>
Does Isle Avue really increase happiness?
>>
>>30231911
Not the dude you're talking too, but have you actually confirmed max happiness?
I got mine purely by alternating tm s on meowth. Takes ~5 minutes.
>>
>>30232119
Yeah, I checked in PKHeX and it's at 255. The Pelago guy said it couldn't be happier when I picked it up.
>>
>>30232175
Maybe pkhex fucked up your save.
If you're fine with cheating why don't you just evolve it there.
>>
>>30232038

Yes but it's insanely slow. It's really just something you should invest in so you can get return users back up to snuff without effort when bank support comes.
>>
>>30232249
I didn't save, i just loaded it up to check. I only gen my competitive Pokemon, I like filling the dex legitimately.
>>
Best place to hatch eggs?
>>
>>30232254
I might just stick some mons there with a bunch of beans because i fucking hate raising happiness and i need it for my pokedex
>>
NEW

>>30232416
>>30232416
>>30232416
>>30232416
>>
>>30232361

The little fenced in box in front of the nursury, run around in circles with Tauros.
>>
>>30232402

The level of the island increases the gain rate as well as increases the amount of mons that can be in it as once.
>>
My Stufful has Klutz, can it still use Z-Crystals?
>>
>>30232477
>Klutz does not prevent the user from Mega Evolving via Mega Stone.

So, I'd assume so.
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.