[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this coded or did a trainer just get a full odds shiny?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ermwat.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ermwat.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>
Trainer Pokemon have always had the same odds of being shiny as wild Pokemon.
>>
>>30221216
Are you serious

...Soooooooo this is awkward. Time to kill it with a z-move
>>
The Eggecute trainer is always shiny. He even talks about it in his dialog.
>>
>>30221238
Fucking finish the battle before posting holy shit.
>>
>>30221238
>>30221216 is as full of shit as some kid saying he got a Mew under the truck. This is a scripted Shiny.
>>
>>30221251
I just defeated him and he said "Shiny Exeggute! Golden, shining Exeggcute!"
I feel stupid.
>>
>>30221216
Wrong. The Exeggcute is always shiny, and pokemon from trainers don't have a chance to be shiny, it's always the same.
>>
>>30221173
Where was this btw?
>>
>>30221251
>>30221304
Where is he? Battle Tree?
>>
>>30221331
Poke center in the last island I think.
>>
>>30221326
>>30221331
In the Pokemon center on the last island, post-game. He gives you six Nuggets after beating him.
>>
File: 1476771714864.jpg (63KB, 368x252px) Image search: [Google]
1476771714864.jpg
63KB, 368x252px
>>30221216
Reminds me of something that happened years ago
>15, playing SoulSilver on my R4
>be a cheating piece of shit, activate "can catch trainer's pokemon" cheat
>go through the game like this, almost fill my entire Pokedex
>after I finish the main story (or a little beforehand, I don't remember) check the PC to see what mons I got exactly
>one of the trainers' Psyduck was a shiny
>tfw my first shiny Pokemon
>>
>>30221216
Trainers never have shiny Pokemon, outside of a few scripted examples. I remember one of the gen 3 or 4 games has a scriped Shiny Eeveelution in one of the battle facilities.

Even if Wally catches a shiny Ralts (and he can), it turns non-Shiny once he gets it.
>>
>>30221331
Pokemon Center at the E4
>"Well, I can't give you one of my golden eggs, but here, take these!"
>6 fucking Nuggets
>"Also, sadly you can't evolve nuggets into large nuggets, like I can with my golden!"
I though it was a cute ordeal myself, and was a great way to show the player a shiny if they had yet to run into one yet.
>>
>>30221663
>Even if Wally catches a shiny Ralts (and he can), it turns non-Shiny once he gets it.

That is purely because of how Trainers are defined in the game code.

For example, the many times you battle your rivals? They're not actually the same trainers. They just appear that way. Each time you battle them they could have completely different natures/IVs from each other unless specifically coded to stay the same (which, at least in the older games, isn't the case).
>>
>>30221216
Trainer Pokemon are scripted, its like how its impossible for Wally to encounter a female Ralts, even if you hack for him too, it'll be male when you meet him again to battle.
>>
>>30221910

Another example would be the Orre games, coding wise the Pokemon you catch are different Pokemon during the battle with their OT and when you get them.
>>
>>30221216
This is only true for battle facilities where the encounters aren't hard-coded, and I don't even know if this is still true after Gen IV. I've seen so many random shinies in Battle Frontiers that I'm glad they're gone for good.
>>
>>30222043
This also has the unfortunate side-effect of seeing shiny Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum and catching them would result in them NOT being shiny. It was completely possible for it to be the other way around too - catch a Pokemon and suddenly it's shiny.

This was fixed in Gale of Darkness, thankfully.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.