[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are Sun and Moon going to get a national dex or what? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1464087661472.png (149KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1464087661472.png
149KB, 600x450px
So are Sun and Moon going to get a national dex or what? Why do we have to wait until January for pokebank?
>>
>>30221124
Maybe this will be the gen when Gamefreak implements actual DLC?
>>
National dex is in Pokebank now.
>>
>>30221124
This hasn't really bothered me much, but I still can't help but wonder why Gamefreak would do that. I mean, Gamefreak has done a lot of questionable things for the longest time, but...

Why did they do this? For what purpose?
>>
>>30221178
Forces you to enjoy new content while they patch stuff in the mean time.
>>
Because they rushed out the game for Chirstmas season and Pokebank wasn't ready yet.
>>
>>30221178
They're actually going to patch a game instead of saying "fuck you, buy the better version in 4 years"
>>
>>30221230
>>30221268
woah

that's pretty interesting
>>
>>30221230
>>30221268
A patch would be nice but it's wishful thinking.
>>
Maybe it's because they want to force you to try out and train your alolan pokemons instead of just bringing over your lvl 100 mega fug to steamroll everything?
>>
>>30221178
>Just get pokebank, it's barely five dollars
>>
>>30221178
It's because of Bank's restriction with Gen 6.

If you put a Pokemon you got from Gen 6 into the Bank, you can take it out and put it back in your Gen 6 game, but ONLY if it's not been in a Gen 7 game. Which means if they put the National Dex in a Gen 7 game, and you want to finish the dex by putting your Gen 6 Pokes into it, you can't move them back to your Gen 6 games afterwards.

So instead of developing a smart system where Bank auto checks if a Poke in Bank is compatible with Gen 6 (i.e. no new moves), they did a blanket ban on backwards mobility due to their laziness, and to counteract the result of that laziness, they removed the National Dex from SM entirely to avoid the issue.
>>
>>30221451
that sucks
>>
>>30221178

To avoid overwhelming new players about being expected to collect 800 Pokemon I guess.
>>
>>30221451

If only they would add the option to just let your syncronize your games dex's to your bank.
>>
>>30221451
So once again GF could have easily fixed an issue but instead when the long way round and removed something instead
>>
>>30221136
I hope they at least patch shit this gen. The "backwards compatibility" between ORAS and XY was a fucking joke
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.