[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think this gen is good or bad pokemon-wise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: sunbox.jpg (31KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
sunbox.jpg
31KB, 300x268px
Honestly,imo it's one of the weaker.
>>
File: 1480068318193.gif (2MB, 404x286px) Image search: [Google]
1480068318193.gif
2MB, 404x286px
Only reason it feels weaker is because of the gigantic emphasis they put on both story and human characters, as well as there being no National Dex, meaning the size of usable and viable Pokemon is extraordinarily minuscule.

Though with that said, it's leagues better than gen 6.
>>
Only mons I actively dislike are Primarina and maybe Oranguru so meh.

As someone who loved Surskit's typing and was let down by Masquerain, this gen was a godsend.
>>
>>30219552
I think it's in the middle. Story-wise it's probably the best but this is Pokemon, it's not very hard to trump the story.

It's a lot better than XYORAS at least. And, imo, better than DP.
>>
OP was asking about the pokemon desings i think.
>>
>>30219694
If designs are the case, they're average, because there are a lot of really nice designs and ideas, yet there's a lot more hindering aspects such as forced double abilities, horrendous speed, etc.
>>
>>30219552
I wouldn't call it weaker, we're just to accustomed to only format which is singles and this entire generation is made for Doubles, the UB's are probably the only exception I can think of for this and maybe the Tapus and Sol/Luna as well.
Design wise they're all solid which is why I love it. Not the best, but no way is it weak.
>>
In terms of designs this is easily my favourite gen yet.
>>
File: Mallow.png (298KB, 418x394px) Image search: [Google]
Mallow.png
298KB, 418x394px
>>30219552
>Looking up version differences to see which one I want
>Generally like Sun's exclusives more
>Find out that you only fight Mallow in Moon
>In Pokémon Sun, you have the ability to meet and battle the Fire-type Captain, Kiawe while in Moon you have the ability to battle the Grass-type Captain, Mallow.
I'm assuming that Mallow and her cooking scene will still be in Sun, and you just don't fight her rather than her being shafted out of the spotlight altogether, right? I wouldn't totally mind, but she is mighty cute and it'd be nice to battle her.

And as for the new Pokemon, I'm about half and half on them. Some look interesting and some don't, but I'm generally more interested in them overall than I was with B/W (last game I played).
>>
>>30219552
The designs are pretty good for the most part.
Shame there's so few of them.
>>
>national dex comes as an update is because good luck at gamefreak writing rotomdex entries for 600+ pokemon
>the small amount of mon this gen is because they're running out of ideas
>above is the reason why UBs exist
>alolamons are just rehashed versions of normal mons because they're not assed to give it a mega
>megas are shelved because of the power creep dominating in the last two vgcs
>z-moves are intended to draw in the yokai watch crowd (children)
>the alola dex is essentially a whitelist for the vgc17, non-alola mon are banned
>>
There isn't much that I would classify as bad. Fairly middle ground. Not nearly as bad as 4, and not as polarising as 5.
>>
>>30222472
>le yokai watch maymay
I leave for a month and there's still retards spewing this shit jfc
>>
6>3>1>7>5>4>2

1 has an iconic and cohesive design direction, which is what they were aiming to achieve. Doesn't make them the most inspired designs, however.

2's designs are way too matte aesthetically. Serving as a mere extension to the Gen 1 dex didn't help it and there's only like a dozen or so worthwhile and memorable Pokemon.

3 was the first step in the right direction for the franchise in terms of designs. The overall aesthetic that Gen 3 shot for impacts the series to this date.

4 was okay. I have no real criticisms with it, unlike 2, but there's way too much filler aesthetically and quantitatively. I have no real problem with the cross-gens but some of them truly are ugly.

5 is hit or miss: the generation. Lots of standout designs, a few easily qualifying for best in the series, but there's way too many misses.

6 is the underrated Gen in terms of original designs because they're all overshadowed by the Megas. Truthfully though 6 has the same design direction as 1, yet is much more inspired. That's why it's my favorite. There are genuinely only 2 or 3 bad designs.

7 is as hit or miss as Gen 5 but much more vibrant and innovative in its hits.
>>
>>30221480
I picked Moon because while I liked some of the Exclusives of Sun more I liked the dex descriptions from Moon way more.
>>
>>30222823
Holy shit your taste is unbelievably terrible.

In terms of designs only

1>5>7=2>4>(powergap)>6>3

We need to stop acting as if Gen 6 did anything correctly.
>>
File: 1465244864714.jpg (36KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
1465244864714.jpg
36KB, 600x445px
>>30219552
I like all the new pokemon a lot, and the Alolan forms as well

my only complaint is they are so rare in game.

this gen has some of the best mons in the series imo

my issues were that some pokemon have really annoying evos (way late in the game/underwhelming stats)

Vikavolt was a big one for this, love the look but holy hell is it disappointing.
I wanted an F-18 Superhornet, I got the Spruce Goose
>>
It's probably top 3 for me, Between this, Gen 1 and Gen 2.
>>
average as fuck

quality over quantity is a meme
>>
File: 1476787647085.jpg (8KB, 232x260px) Image search: [Google]
1476787647085.jpg
8KB, 232x260px
>>30222823
>7>5
>>
File: prof elm.jpg (230KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
prof elm.jpg
230KB, 700x700px
>>30219552
It's fun and i like it. however these are the only things that bother me

>trial challenges are too easy
>lag during any battle that's not single
>most trainers only have 1-2 pokemon to fight
>i like the similar concept to collecting badges, but z-moves are a mistake
>wild pokemon calling for help got real old real quick
>removing minigames in the refresh thing (i actually liked the yarn bouncing one the most)
>pikachu still having a voice. i prefer the original cry, and they also ruined raichu's in x/y

other than that, i'm having a lot of fun. I like that you don't need to use HM's, and ride pokemon as a replacement is pretty fun. I like to use tauros/sharpedo whenever i can because of how fast they are. Team skull is a great evil team and i love how over the top "gangsta" they are, plus the music is pretty great for the grunts and the bosses. story is not that bad actually. Ultra beasts are an interesting concept to add to pokemon lore, and i hope we get to see more of it cause what the hell does a LEGENDARY look like in the "alternate dimmension"?. I do enjoy that occasional challenging trainer battle, i have not yet lost, but i ususally make it down to one pokemon. overall i'd rate it 8/10
>>
IMO it's kinda like gen 5: they fucked up with the starters and legendaries/UB's, but the rest is pretty good.
>>
I like it, gen 7 had good bugbros so it's fine in my book.

Too many fuckign grass types though holy shit, and why isn't Tsareena a grass/fighting? Fucking retarded.
>>
>>30219552
Pretty good as far as first entries go. Let's hope the inevitable sequels can live up to the legacies of Emerald, HG/SS, or BW2.
>>
>>30219552
I dunno, its the first pokemon game i'm having trouble sticking to only 6 pokemon. I like a bunch of them
>>
>>30219552
Alolan forms were a fantastic design choice, in my opinion. Their existence and reason for being variant from their originals adds a lot of flavor to the world, and a few of them are outright improvements to their originals (Muk and Raticate, for example)
>>
First two islands felt like a complete fucking slog.

Then the third island happened and the game became fun. Overall ended up with it being one of my favorite gens.
>>
It made me feel like I am falling back in love with the series.
>>
>>30226168
Feel the same way. Muk in particular is one of the best things about the fucking game desu.
>>
>>30226184
The third island was jarring with how out of control the pacing got.

>First two islands are boring and uneventful drudges with Lillie constantly bothering you
>Third island has you blast through your trial, Team Skull, the Kahuna, and Aether Foundation back to back with little to no Lillie cutscenes in between
And then the game just drops the pacing ball in the end with her becoming glued to your fucking hip.

What a mysterious game.
>>
>>30224905
>5 anywhere but last

Aquire some taste, wait until your 18th birthday, and then come back :^)
>>
File: sex_maniac_by_soap9000-d6sounc.png (231KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sex_maniac_by_soap9000-d6sounc.png
231KB, 800x1000px
>>30219552
It's better than X and Y thank god, but ORAS is still better to me. After I finish Sun and the post-game stuff I might go play Omega Ruby and compare, since I only played Alpha Sapphire before these came out.
The lack of Hex Maniac also hurts S and M.
>>
>>30224905
>gen 3 that low
why?
>>
>>30226398
I really dislike gen 3 as well, I can't put my finger on why but a majority of the designs don't appeal to me.
>>
>>30226398
Everyone's shitting on gen 3 because it was the new remake game before S and M came out, and their popularity before the remakes came out pissed a lot of shitposters off so they're taking every opportunity they can to rile up and anger anyone who likes it.
Just ignore people who have visible signs of bias like this.
>>
>>30226478
>people can't dislike gen 3, they must be baiting buaaaaah
kys
>>
>>30226478
Interesting.

So people judge gen 3 on the remakes instead of Emerald?
>>
>>30219552
This should've been Gen 6
>>
>>30226398
Its purely based on the pokemon designs. I think the games are fine.
>>30226332
Return to your homeland of reddit my friend.
>>
>>30226568
Oh you can dislike it all you like, but when you make a show out of how the remake is the "worst pokemon game ever", which is factually wrong considering all the improvements, you wind up throwing away all credibility and are revealed to be some tantrum throwing jackass.
>>30226569
Who knows what people think anymore really.
>>
>>30219552
better than XY
still fairly weak in the grand scheme of things

3d has not been kind to pokemon
>>
File: IMG_20161101_083634.jpg (49KB, 424x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161101_083634.jpg
49KB, 424x580px
>over 6 (SIX) hours of cutscenes
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.