[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the EXP share still busted in SM? Is the game successfully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ness.jpg (37KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ness.jpg
37KB, 640x360px
Is the EXP share still busted in SM? Is the game successfully balanced around it?
>>
It's balanced and still challenging
>>
Yes and no.

They brought back the EXP scaling from Gen 5 with no way to really grind up levels, so it's pretty much necessary if you're playing the game casually.

The Elite Four will fuck your shit up if you're unprepared though, EXP Share or not.
>>
>>30219097
Its good this time.
>>
It's much better about it. Scaled experience returns so you don't' get nearly as overleveled and enemy trainers have evs outside of facilities.
>>
I heard it's balanced, people are saying the game is actually challenging without it. Which should mean it's normal with it. Unless you minmax a fuckton an pick only the most op mons I'd imagine
>>
Should I use it?
>>
>>30219266
Ask yourself this: "Did I like grinding in Black/White? Could I do it without Audino?"

There's your answer.
>>
>>30219266
I used it and ended up with mons that were around level 54-55 by the end of the game which was right around the level of the Pokemon I was fighting.
>>
>>30219097
It's somewhat balanced around it.

If you use it, battle most trainers you see and run from most wild Pokemon, you'll only be a little overleveled. Maybe 2-3 levels depending on where you are in the game.

If you use it and battle some wild Pokemon and work on catching them to get different abilities, natures, fill your pokedex, etc. you will get overleveled. It's really annoying. I recommend having a team devoted for messing around with chaining and doing pokedex stuff so you don't get your real team to overleveled.

If you don't use it, you'll get underleveled unless you go out of your way to grind. I turned it off halfway through the game and started having a hard time with later route trainers one shotting my Pokemon. It also wasn't fun doing one of the Totem Pokemon because it was too strong to be able to use any kind of strategy against it. I couldn't get any stat buffs off or status it before my pokemon fainted.

The best way to play imo would be to leave it on and just turn it off once you get overleveled.
>>
File: 1471213936373.png (79KB, 614x1183px) Image search: [Google]
1471213936373.png
79KB, 614x1183px
>>30219533
Wut? I never used Exp Share and was still around the level you should be for each trainer/boss. Are you fighting everything trainer on the routes as you go? Then you should be fine - the game isn't very hard
>>
Should I bother using Poké Refresh? By the time I realized that Pokémon-Amie basically made X and Y easy mode, it was too late. I don't like surviving attacks that should beat me, losing my status ailments out of the blue, getting boosted experience, and extra criticals.
>>
>>30219830

It's the same benefits but affection is easier to raise. God knows how much they saved me during totems (granted by saved I mean saving my starter since main game was basically a solo run)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.