[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys like Game Freak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: po2x6Du.jpg (75KB, 1023x743px) Image search: [Google]
po2x6Du.jpg
75KB, 1023x743px
Do you think that Game Freak is doing a good job with Pokemon? Should Pokemon be given to another company or Nintendo itself?
>>
Imma need some sauce on that pic
>>
>>30216432
Almost any company could make a better Pokemon game than GF.
>>
>>30216432
Yes
Hell no, nintendo only gives a shit about mario and zelda
>>
File: 1405987042497.jpg (118KB, 1747x1779px) Image search: [Google]
1405987042497.jpg
118KB, 1747x1779px
With XYORAS I thought there wasn't any hope.

Sun/Moon, flawed as it is, at least tells me they have a vague idea of how to handle the series. They know -what- to do, they just don't know -how- to do it.

I think Pokemon is going to be okay. I can only imagine the pressure they must go through having to develop for the second biggest video game franchise in the world, especially under Japanese working conditions.
>>
I like Nene
>>
>>30216432
I'd honestly just keep Pokemon with Gamefreak. I don't really trust other devs when it comes to handling things outside of their comfort zone.
>>
>>30216506
1.LoL?
2.Pokemon?

Is this correct?
>>
No. Ever since satoshi stepped down the series has gone to shit. Last somewhat good game was BW
>>
Yea, I like the trend of the series since gen 4, ignoring the missteps of gen 5 which they are unlikely to repeat

The effort that has been put into the games to make it feel like a real world is great, I really like it
>>
>>30216502
the 3 of the top 4 selling games on the 3ds are pokemon. i bet nintendo is begging gamefreak to make a game for nintendo switch
>>
>>30216470
New Game!
>>30216502
Pokemon is THE portable console seller, why wouldn't they care about it?
>>30216506
Never seen any walk-through or played Sun and Moon,, what's the flaws?
>>
>>30216432
When it comes to story, characters, worldbuilding etc they do a good job. I feel that other companies would either make the games too kiddy or too "mature", while GF manages to please both audiences pretty well.

But when it comes to the programming part I think they should really get help from someone else.
>>
>>30216502
>During the Nintendo panel at E3 there is literally nothing but talk of the upcoming Legend of Zelda game without a proper demo every two minutes

I am not big on LoZ franchise since I find it sorta boring, I prefer Metroid desu, but holy fuck was that E3 panel so fucking autistic catering to the Zeldafags even after they had their underdeveloped flaming turd shown.
>>
>>30216432
No and yes. They're pure cancer now and Masuda needs to go.
>>
>>30216583
>Never seen any walk-through or played Sun and Moon, what's the flaws?

Not him, but from what I've noticed...

>Bottom screen
>No National Dex
>Frame drops everywhere
>Post-game content consists of Battle Tree and...
>>
>>30216625
Isn't the ub capture subquests postgame?

Also, the bottom screen map is great, best use of the bottom screen since gen 4>>30216625
>>
>>30216583
Because that's nintendo, they either try to pretend or are actually oblivious what made their consoles so popular for years.
>>
>>30216594
This desu. It was pretty uninteresting for someone who doesn't care about Zelda.
>>
These fuckers have always been out of touch.
>>
Seeing as how Gamefreak has been making all the games, and it's gotten as big as it did, I wouldn't leave it to anyone else.
>>
>Do you think that Game Freak is doing a good job with Pokemon?
Gamefreak does a lot of stupid shit that I hate them for, but overall, they're going for the safest route and doing fine so far. Plenty of people want drastic changes for the franchise so that it doesn't stagnate, but it's just too risky if you put yourself in the company's shoes.

Nintendo is total garbage, the games would be even more homogenized and stagnated in their hands. I don't think any other company's could keep the charm of Pokemon either. It's just impossible to tell what would happen in these scenarios either way.
>>
>>30216432
I like them and think that any company that gets a Pokemon IP will make a pokken/conquest-tier mistake
>>
>>30216830
>homogenized
How so?
>>
GF is awful but I don't trust anyone else either. They should just put me in charge.
>>
File: LargedEyedNeptunia.gif (802KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
LargedEyedNeptunia.gif
802KB, 1200x720px
>>30216974
OK.
>/vp/ is now the head of the Pokemon development team of Game Freak. What do you add or change for the next generation of Pokemon
>>
>>30217015
>>30217085
Lol
>>
>>30217085
ALL THE REGIONS, AMIRITE BROS?!?
>>
>>30216432
Pokemon should go to Genius Sonority (Pokemon Colosseum/XD)
>>
>>30216725
What made it worse was the fact that every two minutes that one fucker would bring up Legend of Zelda and it's evolution for the new console.

The stupid "ORCARINA OF TIME IS GREATEST ZELDA GAME" meme starts with fucking uncultured High Schoolers who think Kingdom Hearts has zero flaws and it sucks that those people are Nintendo's targeted audience now.
>>
>>30217085
Well based on previous discussions on what we want from a Pokemon game here is what we would get:

>Region with over 100 new mons
>Gen 5/7 tier story
>Region with high amounts of exploration potential
>Difficult, but not unnecessarily difficult gameplay (aka no Vega)
>Expansive post game, including but not limited to the BF and/or PWT
>A rival who actually acts like a rival
Anything I missed from this list?
>>
Alright, hate to be that autist but Gen V was complete shit where the only redeeming feature was the story.

And thanks to Weather Wars and Smogon fags, it ruined the competitive scene completely.
>>
>>30217085
Add back field moves, but don't make them mandatory
More optional routes and dungeons
Better puzzles, design area challenges that encourage planning and teambuilding
Love totem pokemon and z-trainers, so keep those as boss battles
>>
>>30217231
>Gen 5/7 tier story
No, no one wants this. We want Pokémon to be open-ended and free of a restrictive narrative like Breath of the Wild is going to be.
>>
>>30217321
You can have a good story AND be open-ended, anon.

Gen 5/7 simply wasn't either.
>>
>>30217321
I like characters in pokemon games
>>
>>30216625
>Bottom Screen
Not sure what your problem is with it
>No National Dex
This fucking bugs me
>Frame drops everywhere
I never had this problem?
>Post-game content consists of Battle Tree and...
The Ultra Beast sidequest? Catching Necrozma? It's still not much but you seem to have forgotten half of it.
>>
>>30217085
>Role playing
>Customization
>Interaction with the Environment
>Change Pokemon stats
>>
>>30216432
After Pokken I truly believe Bamco would do a better job with the series.
>>
>>30216432
Game freak took two things that were done great before, and made then worse for no reason.

It took Join Avenue and made it online only so that it becomes dead weight in a few years time, despite having similar importance

It took online and placed it in this area instead of making it instantly accessible.

So no.
>>
File: Boku_Dake_no_Bitch.jpg (376KB, 1250x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Boku_Dake_no_Bitch.jpg
376KB, 1250x1150px
>>30219241
OK, so what's the overall consensus on Sun and Moon?
>>
>>30219340
is gud
>>
>>30219340
Its too early for one. Many love it and many don't.

For me its a B+. Its a fine game, but not amazing. And has a lot of annoying parta
>>
File: 1477192337371.png (50KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1477192337371.png
50KB, 520x520px
>>30216432
Yes. If they weren't doing a good job, I wouldn't be on /vp/, the most autistic board of an autistic site, just to talk about Pokemon.
No. No one can handle Pokemon better than GF. Giving it to someone else will result in either a Reborn tier game, or something shittier than XY.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.