[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fighting against wild pokemon is even less fun now...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

fighting against wild pokemon is even less fun now...
>>
Agreed. Trying to train is a pain in the ass now. I was in battle with some delibird which called for help 4 times between them. Had to knock out 5 before I could get out of it
>>
>>30213089
Well, on the plus side it's better for EV training and hunting for HAs and shinies. But sure, it could get annoying when trying to catch a certain pokemon. Spent 15 minutes trying to catch an Oranguru who kept spamming SOSs without an adrenaline orb
>>
Just status it. Pokémon that are asleep or paralyzed won't call for help.
>>
>>30213288
does it work for every status tho?
>>
>>30213089
These battles would be perfectly fine if they just allowed you to catch Pokemon while two are on the screen, and the "calling for help" shit took up a turn.

Even better if certain Pokemon didn't do it at all, while others could require their HP to be under a certain percentage before calling for backup.
>>
>>30213414
100% agree with this...
idk if they could fix it in the future (probably not tho but i hope)
>>
>>30213348

he just told you , asleep or paralyzed.
>>
Not really related but how does the chance of it having the HA work?
>>
>>30213414
A special double ball, that is unique in that when you throw it, it splits and catches two pokemon at the same time.
>>
File: 1479752991936.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479752991936.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>30213414
This, the fact that pokemon can attack AND call for help in the same turn is just stupid, it would be like being able to use an item like a potion and still be able to attack in the same turn.
>>
>>30213578
>using an item and attack in the same turn
It has been more than a decade since I last played the gen I games but I think it happened there.
>>
there is no reason to not run from every single wild encounter
>>
>>30213502
It's basically dexnav without the sneaking.
>>
>>30213684
That's actually really doable then, thanks.
>>
>>30213675
there is no reason to not capture pokemons
>>
>>30213708
I only capture the ones I want to use or are cute or rare, I'm not some dex completion autist
>>
>>30213754
>I'm not some dex completion autist

MODS
>>
>>30213754
even when you want to do that it's a pain in the ass...
>>
File: MODS MODS MODS.png (227KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MODS MODS MODS.png
227KB, 640x480px
>>30213754
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>30213754
>It's autistic to play pokemon by doing what the game is for
You are the autist there. Literally admitting to "join" the fandom for attention and retarded lonely self praising.
>>
>>30213089
Just tried to catch a magby, fighting it for about twenty minutes because it consecutively kept calling for helpers. It did this until it wiped my party
>>
>>30213288
Kek. You say that like every Pokemon has yawn or can paralyze.

Hearing shit like this makes me glad I didn't buy Moon.
>>
>>30213950
If you're catching a pokemon you really want, chances are, you're going to status it anyway.
>>
>>30213288
>want to catch a zubat
>my magnemite's twave misses
>its supersonic doesn't
>the little shit keeps calling for help and have to keep killing its backup while hitting myself
>snap out of confusion
>twave misses again
>supersonic doesn't
>again
>>
>>30213089
Everyones having issues with this but, I've only encountered it no more than 10 times when I didn't want it and most of those the Pokemon's help didn't appear.
>>
>>30213089
R E P E L
E
P
E
L
>>
>>30214517
It's called probability.
>>
>>30213089
This would honestly not be an issue if calls for help was tied to speed or had negative priority or something so they couldn't do it at the start of a turn.

It's annoying when you're going to KO a pokemon and they call for help before your turn starts.
>>
File: 1367007126069.jpg (58KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1367007126069.jpg
58KB, 680x510px
>>30213754
Enjoy your 3-day ban.
>>
It let you kill more pokemon without going though the battle animation again

Just use spread moves or status if you hate it so much
>>
>>30213089
>I can't OHKO wild mons
literally lmaoing at ur lyfe
>>
File: a.png (736KB, 739x612px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
736KB, 739x612px
>enjoy the new SOS battles
>use SOS battles to catch pokémon with their HAs
>use SOS battles to EV train
>use SOS battles to chain for shinies
>chain is always broken and the pokémon rarely calls for help
How do you guys do it? False swipe and adrenaline orbs aren't doing it for me.
>>
>>30213754
Fucking leave you normie
>>
>>30216178
Not that anon but that's not a bannable offense.
>>
>>30216706
admiting you didn't "catch 'em all" is
>>
DUDE PARLIZE LMAO
>>
>>30213288
This makes things a lot earier. BUT somehow a Wishiwashi I've battled during the water trial (second one, to be precise) managed to successfully call for help despite being paralyzed. Wonder if this species is excluded from that rule or if it was scripted to happen.
>>
>>30216666
nice quints

i had the problem that the pokemon used that one move on each other where their attack is raised by two, but they get confused.
and i couldnt get the mon i wanted to catch down with false swipe because it was using bodycheck the whole time
>>
>>30216893
totem mons and their helper are able to call even though they are paralized
>>
>>30213192
Run? Get a smoke ball and run...
>>
>have Electric Pokémon out first
>Wild Magnemite appeared!
>Can't escape thanks to Magnemite's Magnet Pull!
>whittle it down to 10 hp
>Wild Magnemite called for help!
>>
>>30216911
Those are not quints they're quads. If you're going to worship numbers worship them right.
>>
It's meant to discourage grinding and heartily approve.
>>
File: 1465031816989.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1465031816989.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>30217010
>>
>Couldn't get away!

WHY IS EVERYONE POKEMON IN THIS FUCKING GAME SO FUCKING SLOW
>>
>>30213192
And then you got 5 times more exp
>>
>>30216837
Admitting you don't want to catch 'em all is, which is what they said. Not having caught 'em all yet is fine, as long as you intend to.
>>
Is it just me or are Pokémon breaking out of the Pokéballs way too often in this game? They can be on red HP or statused or whatever but still waste 5-10 balls before staying in. Not to mention the amount of help they call for if you don't status them.
>>
>>30217959
Or how about this, this lvl 25 Beldum refused to get caught and eventually ended up Struggling itself to death.
>>
>>30218016
>Beldum
Anon...
>>
>>30217959
Nah. Only ones I legitimately had trouble with wrt the actual ballthrowing were an Oranguru and Necrozma.
>>
>>30218785
Yes, Beldum is virtually an impossible Pokémon to catch, but it was just an example. Same shit happens to me all the time in this game.
>>
>At Munchlax for days in Sun
>Summoned at least 10 Happiny
>Summoned a Shiny Munchlax
>Still hasn't summoned Snorelax

I told myself I was going to try to catch every pokemon available without evolving, but I'm thinking that's not going to happen
>>
>>30213708
Then there is no reason to not Sleep or Paralyze it, which prevents it from calling for help. You have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>30213950
Magnemite and Butterfree can be caught at the start of the game.
>>
>trying to catch a Pancham for ingame trade
>sudden Pangoro out of nowhere
Okay.
>>
>>30217870
I think it's to make Totem Pokemon hard to run away from.
>>
>This fucking thread
I feel like people need a lot of help with how to actually catch tougher Pokemon or find shit they need. I suggest we offer useful pokemon people should have when searching, chaining, or farming items.
Here are some useful ones for SOS Chaining certain mons:
Damp (HA) Parasect:
>Gets False Swipe
>Prevents Self-Destructs from being used
>100% Acc Sleep to stop SOS chain and help catch

Decidueye:
>Gets False Swipe
>Part Ghost makes pokemon like Beldum, Minior, Gabite, or Riolu unable to kill themselves
>Learns Foresight so could be used to help SOS Chain Ghost Types

Compound Eyes Butterfree:
>Makes Pokemon more often spawn with their item (Light Ball, Light Clay, Heart Scale)
>Learns Sleep Powder or Stun Spore to stop SOS Chains
>>
>>30213089
I like the new game but dexnav was much better for shiny hunting.
>>
>>30221862
Whoops, Minior was supposed to be under Parasect. Also that Mystery Gift Munchlax is fucking phenomenal for grinding money and pokemon, could even attempt its own Paralyzes with Body Slam if it doesn't KO it outright.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.