[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Sun/Moon General Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 29

File: temp.png (763KB, 1873x1171px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
763KB, 1873x1171px
Go nuts.
Breedject posts welcome.
>>
File: Core Enforcer.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Core Enforcer.webm
3MB, 720x480px
Where does Zygarde learn the new moves? I'm at the crystal to assemble the Zygarde but I don't see the options to teach new moves. I have a 50% Zygarde with Power Construct, if that's important.
>>
Is Ditto with Destiny Knot sufficient for breeding or does the other parent also need perfect IV´s to pass them on?
>>
I've got 2 questions
1 So once a game is made, there won't be any updates for it to include new Pokemon from the newer generations right? For example, you can't ever trade with someone who has XY if you have SM because XY wasn't coded for the new pokemon from gen 7
2 If question 1 is true then how do you guys decide which Pokemon to keep for each game, and which Pokemon to transfer over? I still only have X and there are lots of legendaries and important Pokemon there and I'd like to have them transported to SM eventually. But I'm just worried that I might regret transporting one away from X forever.

I seriously wish that gens 6 and above would be updated so people could trade within XY, ORAS, and SM interchangeably
>>
>>30212803
The way destiny knot works is when one (or both technically but it doesn't stack) parent holds it the offspring is guaranteed to inherit 5 IVs collectively from both parents. You are not required to have ideal parents but it definitely helps.
>>
>>30212844
>can't ever trade with someone who has XY if you have SM because XY wasn't coded for the new pokemon from gen 7
Correct. You cannot trade between gens barring the limited implementation for gens 1 and 2. Until the next gen 7 games come out (which fucking better be my goddamn Sinnoh remakes) Sun/Moon can only trade with Sun/Moon.
>>
>>30212844
you need pokemon bank.
>>
>>30212803
Yes but you should switch the other parent around when a baby gets better IVs than it
>>
Where do I find anabel after the UB quest is finished? She said something about meeting nanu but I can't find him either
>>
>>30212908
So as long as a Pokemon is already coded in XY, it can be brought back from SM through Pokemon bank (starting January)?
>>
>>30213060
Yes, but keep in mind that this is one way.
>>
>>30213060
nope, only transfer up
>>
How do you make it rain in Tapu Village?
>>
>>30213060
>>30213077
Misread, see:
>>30213080
>>
I got quite a few Mimikyu breedjects, I'll be Wonder Trading them away soon
>>
What's the best way to grind out egg hatching? There doesn't seem to be any good path area.
>>
>>30213224
There's a straight path in the route right below the ranch
>>
does vanillite spawn through vulpix/sandslash chains or does it show up on its own?

also does it only show up in hail or is it so rare that it only appears when hail is active?
>>
>>30212700
Any news on what the new Pickup table looks like? Serebii and Leddit have failed me and I was hopeful that I could get a DKnot or extra Kurt balls.
>>
Dumb question, but: if you use Misty Terrain and have a Salamence attack something that's on the ground with a dragon-type move, will the damage get halved?
>>
>>30212700
Where do I go after finishing the game? The rotom dex shows no flags
>>
Where is the best place to Teach Smeargle moves?
Trying to teach it Ice Punch for my future Bewear.

Cant seem to find any Double battles, except for the 3 I've beaten.
>>
>>30213287
There's a new path from Ancient Poni Path that leads to the battle tree
>>
Any way to share battle replays like how you could in gen 6 with codes? Please someone answer this, I haven't been able to find an answer at all.
>>
>>30213337
Get a pokemon that only knows ice punch (via move deleter) then send it out against a ditto.
>>
>>30213403
Thanks a ton.
>>
>>30213364
The PC in Festival Plaza
>>
Can I only catch one Nihilego? I got one in the vulcan and tried going to the diglett cave to find another, but there is none.
>>
>>30213224
>>30213252
Much better place: Walk trhough the broken fence right below the bitch that gives you eggs and then call tauros while holding B and rotate the directional slowly.
>>
What's the best way to grind BP Battle Royal or Battle Tree?
>>
File: 20161125_124744-1.jpg (1MB, 2329x2010px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_124744-1.jpg
1MB, 2329x2010px
Who should be the last member of my team?
>>
How do i get to the back of melemele island, is the only place i havent visited yet
>>
How many Nihilegos can you get?

I can inject them but I'd rather stay legit as much as possible.
>>
>>30213479
Just one
>>
>>30213479
>>30213442
Battle Tree
>>
How do you earn money before you beat the elite 4? I've beaten all the trainers and there doesn't seem to be a rematch system.
>>
>>30213443
Mudsdale is pretty boss, as is Mimikyu.

>>30213450
Secret hole in the lower-left area of melemele meadow.
>>
>>30213518
Go to the battle buffet thing
>>
How do I get that thing where Nanu goes on the date with me to Sushi High Rollar what do I do ?
>>
>>30213494
Where do you find the second one?
>>
>>30213581
eat the last food option i think
>>
>>30213443
Bruxish perhaps, you're in need of a water type

or Mareanie
>>
Is the Abra line fucked in this one?

I caught an Abra. It's now a level 20 Kadabra, and it still has exactly zero useful skills. No confusion, no psybeam, no psychic, no nothing. Teleport, Kinesis and Disable. That's it.

Did I fuck up and catch a too high level abra or something? It was in the first city.
>>
>>30213598
That was me typing too fast--there's only 1.
>>
>>30213349
Where do I catch the UBs and the remaining Tapus?
>>
>>30213628
No, Kadabra's level up moves got fucked this gen.
>>
is there a good leveling method or GF fucked up and we have to do elite4 runs again?
>>
Does anyone have any HA rejects? Currently trying to get defiant mankey and it's not going too well.

Also, does synchronize work on chained pokemon?
If I KO the original encounter will my chain restart?
>>
>>30213519
Cheers mate
>>
I think I've confirmed that fish chaining for shinies no longer exists in this gen.

Last night I spent about 6 hours on a single fishing chain, it was probably over 200 consecutive pokemon (not even including their fucking SOS allies). Suction cup/Sticky hold mons still work for getting catches, but increased shiny chance doesn't seem to be there.

I got a shit ton of Bottle Caps though
>>
>>30213656
Yes.

E4 for 61 above. Below that is just switch leveling at Poni Gauntlet w/ lucky egg.
>>
>>30213628
Level 21 is when it gets psybeam. I was pissed too, got cucked out of a third party member because of his effing level up moves et.
>>
>>30213642
What were they thinking?

Guess I'm shelfing him for now, just makes me play with exp on all the time because I figure he'll get useful soon.
>>
>>30213726
why the fuck GF do this, why nerf restaurants, remove vs seeker, remove audinos

fuck this shit
>>
>>30213676
i got some Snow Warning Vulpix ready to go
i need a oranguru, mimikyu and moon exclusives
>>
>>30213775
Probably so using hyper training takes more effort
>>
>>30213561
That's only once a day. It doesn't help very much.
>>
Best spot to try to fish Mareanie?
>>
Can someone help me? I have no idea where Battle Tree is. I've been running around northern Poni island for about an hour now. I'm at the trial site
>>
does anyone know if pokepelago takes hold items or pokerus into account

like if I have an abra holding a power specs or w/e it's called and with pokerus doing this stupid shit, it'll get (4+8)*2=24 EVs each session? Or does it only get the base 4?

If it's only four I don't get what the fuck the point was
>>
Anybody know where I can find old amber? Thanks in advance
>>
>>30213967
Go south and right
>>
>>30213815
I can breed an Adamant or Jolly Mimikyu for your Vulpix. I have Pokemon Sun sorry.
>>
>>30213962
It only shows up if Corsola call for help, and only very rarely at that.
>>
>>30213967
Northern poni island is vast poni canyon and altar of the sunne/moone

go back to hapu's house, go over to the east to the mini stone maze and the collector, then go north and fight your way northwards until you get to the tree
>>
>>30213962
You'll literally be fishing for days. Are you gunna be around for a little? I can go make an egg if you want.
>>
>>30213256
Only shows up in sos calls when there's hail in the over world. I got mine from a snowrunt chain.
>>
>>30214021
Dont worry mate, I just wanted to finish the dex by myself in game (as much as possible)

Which brings me, where are Stufful, Goomy, Castform and Oranguru/Passimiam?
>>
Where can I revive fossils?
>>
>>30214021
>You'll literally be fishing for days
Why? The special spots have at least 20% Corsola.
>>
>>30214074
You catch Stufful on route 8 to the left of the trailer/house thing and Oranguru/Passimian are version exclusives found in the farthest back part of Lush Jungle.
>>
I accidentally dropped 3ds and the game card went flying out
When I went to see the damage that had been done by not saving, I found that a GTS-mon I had was gone.

Does the game not auto-save after GTS?
>>
>>30214098
Where are the best to get special spots?
>>
Why doesn't Tapthat Burrito get play rough?
>>
>>30212803
http://mkwrs.com/destiny_knot/
>>
new to online

is there really no form of 6v6 singles matchmaking?
>>
Is there a post-game checklist somewhere?

I just beat the Elite Four.
>>
Do you have to dedeat the e4 again to rematch koko? What nature to hunt for?
>>
>>30214144
no
>>
>>30213640
bumpan
>>
>>30214074
You should check Serebii, because that information is there.
>>
>>30214116
I did it in the Melemele sea but there's a normal spot on route 9 that still has 5% so it's probably more convenient than reseting or going back and forth special spots.
>>
>>30213765
he gets psybeam by like 25 iirc
and the psychic tm isn't lategame
>>
File: 1478845193945.gif (497KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1478845193945.gif
497KB, 300x225px
>>30214166
why

what the hell

I spent forever practicing on simulators and now my imaginary teams aren't even worth shit
>>
Why do so few of the new Pokemon have access to Stealth Rock?
>>
Just after catching a shiny Meowth with pickup. I had a full team planned out but I'm going to drop Muk from it now. Can anyone who has played through the game with a Persian recommend a moveset? It's offensive stats leave a lot to be desired...
>>
>>30214163
Nevermind, just googled it and found this:

http://pokemonpostgame.com/src/sumo_checklist.html
>>
File: 1458783629790.png (85KB, 989x231px) Image search: [Google]
1458783629790.png
85KB, 989x231px
>>30212700
I need a new pokemon to replace Marowak. Once I learned it got screwed out of shadow bone, I realized it was time for a change.

Just got to Ula'ula, don't care for competitive battling. Pic related is my team.

Can /v/ give me an alternative?
>>
Where's the IV checker?
>>
>>30214256
>Just got to Ula'ula
>has a Metagross
>>
>>30214256
salazzle
you don't have a single setup sweeper
>>
>>30214281
Battle Tree, but you need to hatch 20 eggs to get him to do shit. Magikarp are the fastest to hatch.
>>
Is Type:Null only given after the E4, or can I get it just before the E4? I've just gotten to Mt. Lanakila.

>>30212770
You teach them to him using the Zygarde Cube item in your bag.
>>
>>30214256
Minior or Misdreavus
>>
How long does it take to evolve a damn Pichu?

I've got mine from like lv 4 to lv 14, it's been holding soothe belle for a while, I've been feeding/petting it after battle when I can, but it still hasn't evolved and its affection level is only 1/5 hearts.

what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>30214355
Affection and Friendship are different.
>>
>>30214355
I think it evolves when it hits the Level 30 mark.
>>
>>30214379

oh...is there any way to gauge friendship visually?

>>30214386

what?? that makes no sense, Hau has a Pikachu that's like level 12.

supposedly in the area where you can catch Pichu you can also catch Pikachu but I searched for like an hour and I didn't find a Pikachu, just Pichus.
>>
Where the hell is the Mallow refight? All the sources I've seen say Lush Jungle, but I've combed the entire place and she's not there. Playing on moon, so I know she's supposed to be around.
>>
>>30214421
Go during in-game day time.
>>
>competitive newfag

What are the preferred natures for:

Tapu's
UB's
Null/Silvally

Gonna start SR'ing.
>>
>>30214416
That´s because when it was first introduced it had to be breed from an egg and Pikachu is an generation older.
>>
>>30214328
I see the option to change Zygarde and to check how many cells I have (26/100). I guess I just have to progress further in the story to unlock it, thanks anyway.
>>
>>30212700
Pick 2 out of these 8 pokemon to drop from my team, I just started up victory road.

My team is:
Lvl. 49 Salazzle
Flamethrower
Venoshock
Will-O-Wisp
Sludge Wave

Lvl. 50 Mimikyu
Swords Dance
Shadow Claw
Leech Life
Play Rough

Lvl. 49 Exeggutor
Sleep powder
Energy Ball
Leaf Storm
Dragon Hammer

Lvl. 49 Lycanroc (moon version)
Rock Climb
Swords Dance
Crunch
Stone Edge

Lvl. 50 Pelipper
U-Turn
Scald
Ice Beam
Roost

Lvl. 46 Drampa
Roost
Extrasensory
Dragon Pulse
Thunder

Lvl. 43 Sneasel
Just caught this nigga, emo kid's Weaville swept almost my whole team before Exeguttor killed him so I want one

Lvl. 48 Tsareena
Aromatherapy
Teeter Dance
Acrobatics
Trop Kick
>>
Where/when can i get team skull clothes?
>>
>>30214501
There are Zygarde cells and there are Zygarde Cores. Cores allow you to teach moves.

There are five cores. One in your bedroom, and one in each of the Kahunas' houses.
>>
File: z.jpg (517KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
517KB, 1440x2392px
>>30214020
went north of stone maze, took me to poni grove, kept going north, and now am at dead end

where is battle tree
>>
>>30214707
Instead of going into the purple Oricorio meadow, you have to go further right.
>>
>>30214533
Lycanroc and Exeguttor
>>
>>30213713
How many bottle caps did you manage to get and where did you fish? Was wondering if certain spots had special increased chances at bottle caps/items cause the current "wait 12 hour" method for bottle cap "farming" is Garbodor-tier.
>>
>>30214416
Pikachu is a sos encounter, you have to get a Pichu to call for help.
>>
File: 1361519923269.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1361519923269.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>30214697
What moves? There's Land's Wrath, Thousand Waves, Thousand Arrows and Core Enforcer. What's the last signature move?

Also
>giving a mon 5 signature moves
>>
>>30214774
Extremespeed.
>>
I know you can find a light ball late in the game. Could some kind pikachu hating anon help a brother out? I cannot trade right now, I just want to see if people are willing.
>>
>>30214774
The 5 moves you can teach it are Thousand Waves, Thousand Arrows, Core Enforcer, Extreem Speed and Dragon Dance.

It knows Land's Wrath already when you bring the Zygarde together.
>>
Are all minior core colours obtainable on a single file? Or are some colours locked out of some files?
>>
if i breed a minior with a ditto, what color will it be? random?
>>
I've been egg hatching Mareanies for an hour now and I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking to get in terms of stats and ability. I have 1 with all 6 in stats but Limber in Alilty and 2 with Merciless but they have five 6 stats and a 4 in sp.Atk.

Should I keep going and look for one with perfect stats and merciless or is there anything else I should be looking out for?

This is my first time doing this since from yellow I've just used whatever was in my party and didn't care too much about stats.
>>
>>30214849
Minor colors aren't locked for version, if you're looking for a specific color get a high level pokemon with false swipe to see it
>>
>>30214421
Dont forget to go first to her house to trigger the cutscene where she leaves for Lush Jungle
>>
Best setup for Tsareena?
>>
Are there any pokemon that can identify the opponent's skill early in the game? More specifically before Wela Volcano.
>>
>>30213628
You get the Psychic tm very early in the game along with grass knot.
>>
>>30214865
Merciless is shit, please ignore anyone who tries to tell you differently. It has a fuckton of resistances, ridiculous defenses and Regenerator and Recover, why people want to use it's base 53 attack (it's Sp. Atk is even lower) offensively is fucking beyond me. It's like trying to use Special Scizor just because Technician boosts Silver Wind and Hidden Power.

Go Bold/Calm with Regenerator. You want one with perfect stats in everything but Atk, but if that's too much or too tedious, you really only need HP/Def/Sp. Def. Try to breed Haze onto it, it needs it not to be set-up bait.
>>
>>30214355
Mine evolved at 16. Any time it gets hurt use healing items outside of battle.
>>
>>30214896
standard:

Tsareena (F) @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Trop Kick
- High Jump Kick
- Play Rough
- U-turn

all-in gimmicky strat:

Tsareena (F) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Trop Kick
- High Jump Kick
- Play Rough
- Splash
>>
>>30214895
Apparently she's only in her house during the day as well. I'll try again later. Thanks.

Now ifd only someone with a 3* dye shop would tell me what berries are needed for dark red dye.
>>
>>30214793
In addition to this >>30214772 Thief TM is literally at the end of Island 1. Could go back and chain Pichus and Thief any Pikachus that show up.

>>30213726
I've found an interesting niche for Decidueye. He's able to completely shutdown Riolus in Poni Grove and could learn False Swipe. Been using it as an SOS chainer for suiciders and ghosts (gets Foresight as well). Well Riolus have an ok chance at popping Chanseys which give quite a shitload of EXP. Worked really well for quickly leveling low level mons up for Elite 4.
>>
>>30214734
I'm actually thinking of dropping on Salazzle and Tsareena, I'm playing on Set and those two keep getting 2hkoed off switch ins. I think I'm gonna throw Sludge Bomb on Drampa and Flamethrower on Exeggutor.

I think my biggest problem is the elite four is gonna outlevel me so my "sweepers" might not even outspeed them.
>>
What's the best way to farm BP/EV train? I'm assuming that once bank launches I won't be able to transfer my ev power items, so I'll have to start from scratch, right?
>>
>>30214489
Not sure on all preferred natures, but I went Naive for Tapu Koko (since mixed seems to suit him) and Modest for Tapu Lele (Timid works too).

Don't forget to breed Synchronize Abras of the respective natures to ensure 50% of the time the nature will match that of the Abra. This way you'll be able to even take the luxury of SRing for the perfect IVs you want on the Ultra Beasts, for example.
>>
>>30214902
I meant ability, my bad.
>>
>>30214902
>>30215056
not before wela volcano, but if you go a little further on that island to the cemetery there are phantumps with frisk
>>
File: 1348257297344.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1348257297344.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>mfw Midnight Lycanroc is actually good
>>
>>30215052
Battle Royal isn't too shabby. You get BP even if you lose, and if you do manage to advance you'll get a nice amount of BP just by getting a good place. I'd advise you to start by soft-resetting and getting good-natured (and/or IV'd) Tapus and UBs, and abusing them to farm some BPs early on. I've been able to use them to great effect even if they're not yet EV trained.

Battle Tree is also an option but I found it to be a tad slower since you get nothing if you fuck up and it's only 1 BP per battle on the early streaks.
>>
Where do you find Rain Dance?

SOS Weather is fucking disgusting but I want a Goomy
>>
>>30214889
Specifically get a Parasect with Damp so you can false swipe and spore and not worry about them blowing up in your face.
>>
what is the best way to ev train equivalent to hordes?
>>
Where can I find Mudbray?
>>
>>30215172
>It's a Hidden Ability
Well I'll be, thanks for the hot tip, didn't realize it got it.
>>
>>30215025
Thats a 5% of a 5% chance though.
>>
>>30212700
What's the point of z-noodles?
>>
>>30215155

Never mind guys, I found it.
Royal Avenue.
>>
>>30215195
have pokemon s.o.s chain
>>
>>30215209
I mean, nothing stopping you from killing everything else that shows up. These have just been going down absolutely effortlessly.
>>
>>30215323
doesn't this take far more time?
>>
If I haven't seen a Pokémon in game but want to get one from the GTS am I just fucked? Because I want a popplio but can't select it.
>>
>>30215367
You can type out the name at the bottom of the search list
>>
I know there's version exclusive fossils, and I got both of mine. How do you get the non-exclusive fossils?
>>
>>30215343
It's very slow unless you have a Power item.
>>
>>30215025
>>30214793
Wait so are you asking for a light ball then?
>>
Is this a strong and bulky special wall or what?

Primarina @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump or Scald
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast

How can the other starters even compete?
>>
File: 0eH0smJ[1].png (67KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
0eH0smJ[1].png
67KB, 500x276px
EMERGENCY

WHAT THE FUCK DO I RENAME MY FESTIVAL PLAZA, I SUCK AT MAKING DECISIONS
>>
How do you give Zygarde 10% core moves?
>>
>>30215485
Amigoville
>>
>>30215485
Friend Zone
>>
>>30215485
Suicide square
>>
>>30215485
Aloland.
>>
>>30215485
Detroit
>>
Is there any indication that we'll be able to get the national dex mon mega stones once bank is updated?

GF wouldn't blueball us by leaving them out until the next game right? right?
>>
What is a good move set for midday lycanroc.
>>
>>30215538
>>30215561
>>30215573
>>30215582
>>30215591
Didn't go with them, but amigoville and friend zone gave me an idea, so you actually helped.

>>30215658
Stealth rock, accelerock, 2 coverage moves.
>>
>>30215485
Compton
>>
>>30215111
Frisk tells you about the item
there's no way to tell the ability until something happens to trigger it, or if something fails to happen that should (e.g. Shield Dust Ribombee won't flinch from Fake Out, etc)
>>
Is there a way to get pokemon with better IVs like with the pokeradar in previous games?
>>
How do you get bottle caps?
>>
>>30215799
SOS chaining.
Shit gets good after 30, I'm told.
>>
File: sg.jpg (61KB, 672x441px) Image search: [Google]
sg.jpg
61KB, 672x441px
I've been hatching Oshawott eggs for an hour and a half now. All I want is an adamant Oshawott.
>>
Is chain fishing for shinies still a thing?

Or is SOS the only method
>>
>>30215819
Fishing, giving 30 shards to the guy in your Festival castle.
>>
>>30215740
>there's no way to tell the ability
You can use a pokemon with the Trace ability or the move Role Play.
>>
>>30215898
Get a ditto with an adamant nature and go beat illma again(he lives in the big house in the city you beat him at) for an everstone, give it to the ditto and the oshawott will be adamant
>>
The best, and only, place to get light clay is by farming Mudbray. I was about to come here to ask if someone could verify this for me because I caught 70 for wonder trading and thief'd about 20-30 more before finally getting a light clay. I don't think it's a 5% hold rate, might be more like 1% or 2%.
>>
Is there any way to guarantee that a pokemon visiting the pelago islands will stay?
>>
>>30215988
Shit, I didn't think of this.
>>
>>30214256
What do you mean screwed out of Shadow Bone?
Why wouldn't he be able to get his signature move?
>>
It's possible to get the Team Skull shirt after you become champion, but is it possible to get the hat and bandana?
>>
>>30216006
Meant to say, other pokemon can have it, but the mudbray at the paniola ranch has the highest encounter rate (50%)
>>
When Grimsley gives you the Sharpedo pager, what happens if you bet on tails or neither?
>>
Battle Tree fights:
>Red
>Blue
>Cynthia
>Wally
>Anabel
>Grimsley
>Colress
>Dexio
>Sina
>Ilima
>Lana
>Guzma
>Plumeria

League Titan Defense fights:
>Hau
>Gladion
>Sophocles
>Molayne
>Faba
>Plumeria
>Hapu
>Ryuki
>Youngster Tristan
>Professor Kukui
>>
>>30216006
Use a Butterfree with Theif and Compoundeyes. Only took me three tries to get a Mudbray with Light Clay.
>>
>>30216069
There are people who didn't pick neither?

He says "you're smart, I was going to have a skarmory snatch it out of the sky"
>>
Why is Abra/Kadabra such wastes of party slows in early game.
Holy fuck, my abra didnt learn confusion when it evolved into kadabra, now i have to wait until 21 before he can actually be offensive. what a load of shite.
>>
>>30216072
*title defense
>>
Best way to get heart scales?
>>
>>30214707
M8 ffs.
Just smash the fuggin' rocks by the coast and keep cruising you nerd .
And heal your fucking dudes 'cause there is a tough battle before you access the tree.
>>
>>30216129
Frisk Thief Phantump, fish for Luvdisc
>>
>>30216129
Eat at restaurants
>>
>>30216110
Why use kadabra at all? he doesn't evolve unless you trade
>>
>>30216090
I wasn't paying attention when he did it. I saw it after I pressed A and I was wondering if the coin lands on its side or something
>>
>>30216129
Buy dinners. Seriously, go to seafolk village and buy a dinner, you can get 4 per plate.
>>
I'm new to pokemon on the 3DS but not new to pokemon in general.

Will there be or has there been a open market for trading pokemon? like One where people exchange pokemon for items or in game currency?

Or are we just stuck with the shitty wonder trader and GTS of which you cant even select natures.
>>
What the fuck is the point of Isle Evelup? I just got my beldums out after 99 fucking EXP sessions and they only came out level 28.

Would they have leveled up faster if they were holding Lucy Eggs? if so, can I use Pokerus and Power Items to passively EV train as well?
>>
File: Pokemon sun team.png (93KB, 978x247px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon sun team.png
93KB, 978x247px
I think I'm stuck in sort of a Pokemon limbo. I just beat the champion while I was underleveled as fuck, with pokemon around/under level 50. Now every after-game fight has level 60 and above which I have no hope of winning. I've tried grinding on victory road, but it takes fucking forever.

Also, I've been looking for a good replacement for my Decidueye, what are some good pokes that would fit on my team well? Pic related is my team.
>>
>>30216248
It's still wonder trade and GTS with no nature/item filter
>>
>>30216248
Pokémon for items? That's not how it works. But maybe try WFG if you wanna trade Mons for some items.
>>
Is Komala not able to SOS? Or am I just incredibly unlucky?
>>
>>30216284
not only are you underleveled, you chose to go through the game with Mimikyu and her band of worthless shitmons
>>
>>30216189
i have friends.
>>
>>30216341
But my team has been doing pretty well, only Decidueye and Rufflet have been falling behind, and Rufflet's only behind because he takes fucking forever to get to his evo.
>>
been a while since i played, are some evolutions still trade only?
really hated that because you have to find someone who doesnt just take your perfectly bred/shiny pokemon after the 1st trade
>>
>>30216284
Replace it with Dhelmise.
>>
Where do you buy/find the TM for Thief?
How do you move the giant white cube boulders, such as in Lush Jungle, now that Strength isn't an HM?

I just reached Poni Island, and my team is Incineroar, Midday Lycanroc, Gyarados, Phantump, Mimikyu, and Kangaskhan. Everything is 49-53, but I find my type coverage is lacking due to lack of good moves. Only Lycanroc and Mimikyu have been constant heroes for my team, while the rest tend to struggle. Is there anything on this island I should keep my eyes open for to replace someone on my team?
>>
>>30216341
>mimikyu
>golisopod
>vikavolt
>bad
>>
>>30216423
Mudsdale and Lucario are pretty good in game and can be caught in the mid 50s

>>30216477
>what is reading comprehension
>implying discount magnezone and Defeatist 2: Eclectic Bug-aloo aren't shitmons
>>
>>30216463
>How do you move the giant white cube boulders, such as in Lush Jungle, now that Strength isn't an HM?
>I just reached Poni Island
keep playing

go a little further
>>
>>30216463
>Thief
Verdant Cavern where the first trial is. Bring Tauros to smash rocks

>Boulders
After you get the Machamp Ride Pager
>>
File: LL9f2IK.jpg (884KB, 1125x1350px) Image search: [Google]
LL9f2IK.jpg
884KB, 1125x1350px
Now, I have both Sun and Moon. I already have a Zygarde with Power Construct in Sun.

Now, I am aware that if I trade Zygarde, the cells and cores will be lost. However, if I acquire all the cells and cores in Moon, form a Zygarde in that game and trade that over to Sun, will the Moon Zygarde still have Power Construct? Could I have two Zygardes with Power Construct in the same game?

I just want to be super super careful about this before continuing on my Zygarde endeavor.
>>
How do you chain for special attack Eva? Is there a different option to Gastly as Serebii mentioned? Also maybe a speed alternative to zubat? Both have confuse ray so it.can get annoying

Do you first need to weaken it with a another Pokemon first since you can't false swipe it ?
>>
>>30216523
>>30216461
Those look like good choices, but where the fuck can I grind to level 60 quickly?
>>
Is it still possible to clone?
>>
>>30216341
wow don't be rude to someone's bros.
>>
How is my current team and what should I add? Not pictured are Kommo-o (because it's shit) and Incineroar (because he's shit), who I'm looking to replace. I'm currently in Vast Poni Canyon.
>>
File: 1391741708750.png (285KB, 574x427px) Image search: [Google]
1391741708750.png
285KB, 574x427px
I want opinions on my nicknames. Took me ages to think of something decent, but I can't help but feel there might be something I'd like better.

- Female Dewpider, Luna
- Male Rockruff (will be midday Lycanroc), Roman
>>
>>30217093
It's shit.
>>
HOLY SHIT
TAP ON THE BLACK PART OF ROTOM'S FACE

It's a Pokedex shortcut
>>
>>30214237
They never, ever want a repeat of the Gen IV meta.

Everything still learns Double Team though
>>
pearls are just for selling?
im getting a shitload of them trying to catch a feebas
>>
So i heard if you fill up 20% of your pokedex you get a lucky egg from kukui, is this true?
>>
File: 1403661359876.png (17KB, 247x239px) Image search: [Google]
1403661359876.png
17KB, 247x239px
>>30217169
>>
>>30217188
Yeah, they sell for a lot. The strings get you $15,000.
>>
File: 25 percent approval rating.png (808KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
25 percent approval rating.png
808KB, 960x540px
>>30217169
>>
>>30212803

Assuming you're using a perfect ditto, you should swap out the non ditto parent with a baby every time you get a slightly superior baby.
>>
>>30217189
I think it's a hard number instead of percentage. I got it at 50 but some swear by 52.

Also it may or may not be post game only
>>
File: 250px-047Parasect.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-047Parasect.png
58KB, 250x250px
Is there a way to breed wide guard onto Parasect with the Alolan Dex pokemon?
>>
File: 32545773842905.gif (424KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
32545773842905.gif
424KB, 500x325px
I'm doing the UB quest, why did I have to catch 2 Buzzwoles? What do I do with the second one?
>>
Roughly how long does it take for the hot springs to hatch the average egg at each level? I know it's not for mass breeding but as I'm not in the mood run around in circles right now, I just threw my current cycle of Beldum eggs in it.
>>
>>30217189
Unless you can get that 20% before Kukui actually leaves his home for the next island, you have to wait until after the game because Kukui's all over Alola with you in the story, and you only get it from him when talking to him at home.

Which from what I've gathered is only at the start and end of the game.
>>
>>30213434

There's just the one. Check serebii for how many of each you can get.
>>
>>30217260
Keep it, or completely disregard the entire point of the quest and release it.
>>
>>30217260
Trade for the other version exclusive?
>>
File: tumblr_oh5t3dwdzC1rwvqgko2_540.png (46KB, 168x188px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh5t3dwdzC1rwvqgko2_540.png
46KB, 168x188px
This has probably been asked before but where's the best place to grind before the elite 4?
>>
>>30217260
Trade it for a moon exclusive UB

Also story wise to highlight they're not one-off legendaries
>>
>>30217290
>>30217246
Fuck, thanks.

Any good grind spots for the E4? They're kicking my ass.
>>
>>30213434
1 nihilego
2 buzzwole (sun)
4 pheromosa (moon)
2 xurkitree
4 kartana (sun)
2 celesteela (moon)
1 guzzlord
>>
>>30213656

Options are shit, develop Isle Evel up and you can get Pokemon you're not using to slowly gain tiny amounts of exp while not playing.. Terrible for getting shit ready for hyper training but it's something.
>>
>>30217314
Just do it, I was average level 43 and won
>>
>>30217260
You trade it to get the Moon exclusives.
>>
>>30213775

So we'll buy the sequel games with good grinding options.
>>
does anyone have a team green facility that i can get from them somehow?

i'm desperate.
>>
>>30214850
Same color as parent
>>
Why the fuck can't I get a modest Popplio?
I'm like 200 eggs in. Did they change breeding in some way? I always thought it was a 1/25 chance to get the desired trait if you didn't have an everstone with a parent of the desired nature.
>>
What's the best thing to use the Master Ball on? There aren't any roaming/fleeing Pokemons are there?
>>
>>30217372
1/25 is still pretty slim
>>
>>30217372
1/25 doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get it in 25.
>>
>>30217377
If you have Moon and severe Balltism, use it on Lunala for muh collorpalletes. Otherwise use it at whatever
>>
>>30215819

Get a streak of 30 in the tower once a day.
>>
>>30217388
>>30217391
But I'm 200 in, I've never been this unlucky.
>>
>>30217419
>not using the moon ball on lunala
>>
>>30216747
The league
>>
>>30217431
Well congratulations, it finally caught up to you.
>>
>>30217419
I'm playing Sun, but that's a good call for when I do a playthrough of Moon.

That or as >>30217443 said use the Moon Ball.
>>
>>30216274

Isle Evelup is worthless until its level 3 and even then its just meant to be a free bonus thing for when you aren't playing. Don't rely on it. Granted I need to for building up competive mons so I can get more BP, I only just bought a destiny knot and one power item.
>>
How the heck do I breed Aqua Jet on Wimpod?
>>
>>30217455
But their mons are all level 60 and above.
>>
>>30216677

You should, Power Construct Zygarde is considered a seperate forme that you can't seperate once made.
>>
Can I change the system's date to get Island Scan mons?
>>
>>30217512
Surskit.
>>
>>30217512
hold surskit from evolving, it learns aqua jet at level 30
>>
File: 16916258.jpg (157KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
16916258.jpg
157KB, 550x700px
Are there any repeatable double battles to teach Smeargle moves with?
>>
Any Chinchou breedjects around? This 1% encounter rate is killing me. Also wouldn't mind a quick trade-tradeback for a Politoed to get the dex spot.
>>
the time in poke pelagio is hours:mins or minutes:seconds?
>>
>>30217534
no
>>
>>30217589
just look at your damn screen, do you see seconds ticking down?
>>
>>30217589
Hours:mins
>>
Do special fishing spots only work once? Like, do I have to keep moving every time I fish one up? I want a Feebas.
>>
>>30217528
True. It's just that with what I'm hearing about regarding the loss of the cells upon trading, my initial thought was that it would revert to Aura Break for some reason, but it didn't seem right at first, however, this shed some light on the matter, so I'm grateful.
>>
>>30217759
If they're not bubbly anymore, then they are not bubbly anymore.
>>
>>30217759
Leave the area and come back
>>
>>30217759
Yes. However, just save before you fish at the bubbly spot. If you don't get what you want, reset.
>>
>>30217093
>Took me ages to think of something decent
>something decent
>Roman
>>
>>30217783
>>30217863
>>30217865
Sigh. At least I got Alomomola out of the way just now...
>>
Can you recruit characters like Guzma, Hau, or Gladion for multi battles in the battle tree?
>>
>>30217377

I used it for Necromaza as I wasn't sure when the nature/I.Vs were set so I saved before the cutscene that activated it and used the master ball to offset the wasted time.
>>
>>30217512

Revive Tituraga from the fossil but resetting for it to be a dude and have it fuck a female Wimpod.
>>
>>30217484
But I was on Level 3
>>
Is there a list of all the "route boss" trainers? The ones who won't fight you until you've beat everybody else on the route, I mean. I think I might have missed some as I was playing through.
>>
I hated Pokemon Y, and because of that I skipped ORAS. I also stopped playing at Smogon because I hate Megaevolutions.

I like Sun and Moon a lot, it surprised me how good it is after how shit XY were.

Can I send my Sun and Moon pokemon to Poke bank in order to delete my save file and start a new game?
I would like to play with a level 5 Vulpix as a starter.
Or is Poke bank not available for this game yet? also, can I download some Pokebank pokemon from XY? I remember having some perfect IV Vileplumes but never saw a Vileplume or Oddish in Pokemon Sun.
>>
>>30216341
>her
>>
>>30212700
After beating the game and doing the UB shit, is there anything to do besides the Battle Chateau-- I mean the Battle Tree and the Battle Royale?

I'm so bored.
>>
>>30218157
yes
>>
>>30217431

I spent hours trying to catch a modest Salandit and Alolan Vulpix, and stopped in both cases when I got timid ones, which was second best.
>>
>>30218244
But my Mimikyu is a boy.
>>
Is Poni Wilds the only place to get Relicanth?
>>
Where's the items for Magmorter/Magnezone/etc?

I'm at the Ghost Trial, so if they just get given to you later then that, just say so
>>
>>30218275
>Complete pokedex
>train ideal team
>re-battle league
>battle online
So basically same as every other game that isn't gen 2
Or you can just play a different game.
>>
>>30218316
I just spent over an hour trying to get a female Dewpider with a speed-lowering nature. First I got was Sassy, totally unecessary so I kept resetting. Eventually got a Brave and settled.
>>
File: threepio coast to coast.jpg (28KB, 325x290px) Image search: [Google]
threepio coast to coast.jpg
28KB, 325x290px
>>30218282
please direct me to such a list.
>>
Is there any way to get original Raichu or Exeggutor? Or are their alolan variants the only options?
>>
>>30218384
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/ztrainers.shtml
>>
>>30214707
Unrelated to this guy's question, but is there any purpose to the cave of order beyond finding Guzzlord there?

Also, is there any way to force Wimpod to respawn at the spots it runs away from you? I've been flying back and forth between all three locations and haven't seen them once.

>>30218360
They're sold at the Battle Tree, but they can also be found at random places throughout the game.
>>
File: 100px-RG_Exp_All.png (13KB, 100x94px) Image search: [Google]
100px-RG_Exp_All.png
13KB, 100x94px
Since this is never explicitly stated anywhere, does anyone know how this actually works? I can make assumptions but it never actually says it.

On or off the original fighting pokemon gets 100% xp? If off thats it, battle done. If on every pokemon in the party gains 50% of that 100% xp at no expense to the original pokemon's xp, correct?
>>
anyone got a kings rock? I got a slowpoke that needs evolving.
>>
>>30218377
Except every other game lasted more than 2 days because the regions weren't tiny islands with nothing to explore.
>>
File: 5303133.jpg (179KB, 781x988px) Image search: [Google]
5303133.jpg
179KB, 781x988px
>>30217572
pls respond
>>
>>30218468
Hm.
I have 50h and just landed on the 4th Island.
It's better than XY that was boring after 40h.
>>
>>30218232
>Not following SM's official website
Pokemon Bank can be used to store and withdraw your pokemon for new playthroughs, yes.

However, Pokemon Bank's Sun and Moon update are said to come out sometime in January.

I believe they can store eggs too. Just in case you might accidentally overlevel, I suggest you wait to hatch your Vuplix in the new file. Idk if Oddish can be found with Island scan and I'm pretty sure they're not in the Alola dex. They were likely hacked in.
>>
I miss XY's item bag touchscreen layout where I could just spam balls by absent-mindedly pressing the lower left of my screen while I did other things.
>>
>>30218349
;_; pls tell.
>>
What's the running route to go for in regards to pokemon breeding? I've just been going up and down route 6 with Tauros but I want to know if there's a more reliable one that'll let me see the Pokemon Breeder when she's ready to hand over an egg.
>>
>>30218551

ok, so no new playthrough until January, just breeding pokemon
>>
>>30218554
But you can still spam, the last ball you use is the first when you throw another, just press Y twice
>>
File: og alola.jpg (315KB, 1299x1500px) Image search: [Google]
og alola.jpg
315KB, 1299x1500px
Is there any way to pull a shameless Genwunner team in S/M?

I've been out of the loop since DPPt and only recently am I feeling like getting back into the game, but most of my Pokemon knowledge is grandad tier.
>>
How do I get more NPCs (preferably actual pokemon characters and not random npc trainers) to do multi battle with?
>>
>>30218690
if you were capable of learning pokemon when you were 8, why can't you learn them now? The game even specifically tells you which moves are gonna be super-effective. it holds your hand the entire way through. It's specifically created for fags like you to get into the new shit without being overwhelmed by stuff that children are not overwhelmed by.
>>
Where/When can I catch Type:Null?
>>
>>30218768
>Can't evolve Cubone because it's day out and I bought Sun

God fucking dammit.
>>
Where do I find the Mega Ring?
>>
>>30218848
After beating the league, talk to Gladion at the top of Aether. He'll give it to you.
>>
>>30218638
Yup. I wanted to pack a full team of six for a new playthrough in Moon, but I had to borrow someone's 3DS to bring them over via local trade.

You could trade with yourself via GTS if you've got two games, but that's dangerous. There's also the option of specifically having someone hold the egg for you until you unlock Festival Plaza again.
>>
When do you get the Violet contact lens? Post-game?
>>
File: 1416781238150.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1416781238150.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
Woo! Caught a Feebas.
There's no point in trying to get a chain of them going for the HA, right?
>>
>>30218624
There's a fenced in area below the Pokemon breeder. Walk inside and summon Tauros, then run in circles.
>>
Can I soft reset for the Island Scan Pokemon to get the right gender, etc.?
>>
>>30218876
Ah. That late? I´ll be checking the GTS first then, but thanks.

The GTS demands are probably as insane as ever?
>>
>>30219037
>The GTS demands are probably as insane as ever?
Yes. Especially for Type: Null and the UBs.
>>
>>30219076
I´m not even surprised.
>>
>>30219037
>The GTS demands are probably as insane as ever?
Before the game released in Europe it was fine. Trading around version exclusives for their counterparts, etc.

Now everyone just wants Necrozma.
>>
I started the game with a tropical tee (yellow shirt with exeggutor) and I don't see it on the lists of trainer customization gear. What gives?
>>
>>30219002
Update: answer is yes. Hello, female Samurott.
>>
>>30219139
The base equipment? Just unequip whatever you have on to get to the base stuff.
>>
Came to breeding now, do you guys use the Markings as IV or EV trained? Since, you know, we get two colours now for Markings. How do you do it? What is the accepted convention in Marking? Just wondering.
>>
>>30219259
I don't mark anything I just use different boxes for different purposes.

And you can look up IVs and EVs right from the PC so there's really no need.
>>
Still at Akala Island, where do you get the Johto balls eventually?
>>
>>30219331
Alright, it's cool then.

Wait EV yes we can in the Summary, with that really genius Super Training graph incorporated. But IV, how?
>>
>>30219376
Ula Ula, third island. By Prof. Samuel Oak.

He will be at different points in the cities and routes, just explore each corner once you get there.
>>
>>30219395
>But IV, how?
Click the "judge" button, you unlock it at battle tree.
>>
>>30215055
Hey I've never tried to get legendaries with good natures/IVs before since I never really use them, but when you say SRing does that mean repeatedly using the abra to catch them and then checking if they have the right nature/IVs everytime and resetting if they don't?

Do legendaries have guaranteed IVs?
>>
File: 2029519.jpg (3MB, 2480x2480px) Image search: [Google]
2029519.jpg
3MB, 2480x2480px
Anyone know where I can get the Pyukumuku hat? IIRC, it's in one of the Tourist Bureaus, but I can't remember which one.
>>
>>30219450
not anon, but essentially, yes.
SRing is just resetting your game without saving via LRStart.
>>
>>30219441
Shiet, I'm not there yet. Guess I started way too early.

That's really genius of GF! At least we can choose to use NPC or just view it at the Summary. Way too cool!
>>
>>30219441
Holy shit. Amazing! Convenient, great move, GF.

Not that anon btw, so how do we unlock it at the Battle Tree? Specific requirement or just need to talk to an NPC?
>>
>>30219553
Hatch 20+ eggs first.
>>
I saved right before the Elite 4, came back an hour later and had lost an hour's worth of progress, back to my original save. What gives? I heard stuff about how you shouldn't save in pokecenters, did I get fucked as well?
>>
>>30219580
Alright, got some work to do.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-25-16-48-12-2.png (337KB, 1070x873px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-25-16-48-12-2.png
337KB, 1070x873px
I need 2 more Mons for you team. Who do I add?
>>
>>30219580
why such an arbitrary number
>>
>>30219867
Flygon and glacion
>>
>>30219703
>original save
Exactly what save are you referring to?
>>
>>30219580
Huh, I didn't even know.
I just thought that guy is there by default.
>>
Are Minior cores visible when they hatch?
>>
>>30220382
Yes, but they're always the same color as the parent unless it's shiny.
>>
>>30218476
>Find Wild Smeargle
>Adrenaline Orb until it calls a friend
>Use move you want to give your smeargle
>They'll sketch it
>Sketch it from that Smeargle with your Smeargle.
>>
>>30220424
Is it random if it's shiny?
>>
>>30220514
As random as it ever is, yes. You either get the parent color or shiny.
>>
>>30220557
shit i forgot shiny isn't marked a form for it.
>>
File: 1480069225040.png (118KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
1480069225040.png
118KB, 480x280px
Does Thick Club still boost Alolan Marowaks attack like normal Marowaks?
>>
>>30212700
How do I check a pokemon's current happiness?
not refresh hapiness but evolve relevant hapiness
>>
>>30221169
Yes.
>>
>>30221231
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/useful.shtml
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.