[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had given up on this series after the blunder that was X/Y,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

I had given up on this series after the blunder that was X/Y, I was so dissatisfied with that game that I couldn't finish it. I don't frequent this board, but I cam here to say this -

What the fuck. Why is Sun/Moon so fucking good? I wasn't expecting this at all, it's like a breath of fresh air compared to the other games in the series.

Not only that, but it just feels better designed, better written, more challenging, more thought put into pokemon placement. A lot of the new pokemon are kind of goofy or overdesigned, but still endearing in a way. I actually care about the characters and the story.

Do other people feel the same way? It feels like a total black sheep, I haven't enjoyed a pokemon game like this since HG/SS.
>>
Sun and Moon were the absolute best thing GF could have done (and did) for Pokemon's 20th anniversary.
I loved Sun and Moon, they were charming, fun, and engaging.
>>
File: gladion1.jpg (14KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
gladion1.jpg
14KB, 400x240px
>>30210650
>since HG/SS
>>
Gee i wonder why. Maybe because they actually tried once in a while with anniversary this year. They had two years to test different things and pick whatever is the best
>>
Gamefreak follow the same pattern with the mainline series (i.e. not 3rds or remakes)

Even numbers: Good but lacking because it's too derivative OR has unrefined new mechanics

Odd numbers: Great because it often gets the balance just right.

It's pretty consistent at this point, the only downside is that some features will always get sacrificed for a more polished product.
>>
>>30210650
Someone hasn't played Gen 5
>>
>>30210815
Why would he want to waste time on that shit?
>>
>>30210815
Good. It was garbage
>>
>>30210874
>>30211044
>he didn't play BW2
>>
File: 1478960035064.png (268KB, 496x708px) Image search: [Google]
1478960035064.png
268KB, 496x708px
>>30210874
>>30211044
>having an opinion this wrong
>>
Agreed, OP. I daresay this is the most fun I've ever had with a Pokémon game.

At the same time, it makes me afraid that Gen 8 has absolutely no hope of topping this game's atmosphere, story and characters. Kukui is probably the greatest professor we're ever gonna get. Gyms may return and go back to being boring as ever. I pray HMs never return at least.
>>
File: sun_moon_citra_HD.png (1MB, 1680x840px) Image search: [Google]
sun_moon_citra_HD.png
1MB, 1680x840px
>>30210650
Agreed. The writing is great for a Pokémon game. It really gives me a colosseum vibe. There was a decent amount of challenge (for the franchise), especially if you gimped yourself with Popplio and no Exp. Share. It's visually stunning for a 3DS game and outside some double battles/Pokéfinder FPS is stable 30ish. The new designs are great apart from the starters and UBs IMO.

I've been with the series since the beginning and I won't say they hit it out of the park like they did with gens 2 and 5, which were just revolutionary in every way. But it's a good amalgam of everything the series did right over the years and is overall a very comfy game. 8/10
>>
>>30210650
As someone who fucking loathes X and Y and quit Pokemon because of it will Sun and Moon win me back?

My biggest complaints from that was a shitty, desaturated region, terrible nonexistent plot, zero post game, annoying troupe of fucktard "friends" constantly badgering you, old Pokémon clogging up the routes everyfuckingwhere, legendaries that were not utilized at all (Box mascots are just kinda there, Zygarde is just there, Volcanion isn't at the badlands plant/locked doors, etc), forgettable characters (I struggle to remember the gym leaders names) and an overall piss easy difficulty that insutls player intelligence (People with literally 2 to 3 moves only.)
>>
>>30211527
kukui is a pervert into beastiality and pedophilia

>And there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>30212179
If you can make it through the cutscene heavy first island, this game MIGHT win you back. I was also very bored of Y after beating it in 2 days and by the time ORAS rolled around I couldn't even finish them, but something about gen 7 has captivated me.
>>
>>30212179
Pretty much all of this was remedied in SM apart from post game, badgering friends, and old Pokemon to an extent.

Especially the story. Like holy fucking shit it completely and utterly annihilates XY's plot and dances on its charred remains
>>
>>30211527
>Kukui is probably the worst professor we're ever gonna get

fixed

>I'M THE PROFESSOR YEAH
>COUSIN YEAH
>PICK A STARTER YEAH

shut the fuck up
>>
>>30212496
>If only it were that easy, yeah?
>>
>>30212496
>FOUR ___
>>
>>30212430
Hau and Lillie don't even compare to your infuriating "friends" in XY. Literally anything was better than the clusterfuck of whosits and whatshisfaces, not least of which because you don't have a fatass and a whore badgering you 24/7. I wanted to throw my 3DS at a wall every time Tierno opened his stupid ugly mouth.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Hau and Lillie appearances are annoying, and the characters should have been combined, but there are far less frequent and in SM and they usually keep what they have to say short and sweet.
>>
File: aaa.png (173KB, 444x678px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
173KB, 444x678px
>>30210650
They finally 100% embraced waifus
>>
>>30212606
YOU
>>
>>30212336
The first island is very short. I don't understand why so many people complain about the cutscenes in it as they're tutorials and every one aside from the usual "how to catch a pkmn" and "Pokémon center" cutscenes is previously unknown information.
>>
>>30210650
You're just a braindead idiot. XY wasn't as good as other Pokemon games, and the story was SHIT, but it was still fun. Just the fact that it was 3D made it really fun.
>>
>>30212496
Speech quirks aside, he's still the best professor by far.
>>
>>30211086
BW2 is 7/10 at best and that's disregarding the fact it's a sequel so slogging through BW1 is required
>>
>>30212179
Let's see:
>a shitty, desaturated region
Fixed. It's based on Hawai'i, so naturally it's a sunny tropical region with a lot of color and personality.
>terrible nonexistent plot
HOLY SHIT, fixed. Not gonna spoil it, but this game's plot is about child abuse and Lovecraftian abominations.
>zero post game
Eeh. Post game's okay- there's a couple cool quests- but it's nothing groundbreaking. Way better than XY, though.
>annoying troupe of fucktard "friends" constantly badgering you
Fixed. There's only three friend/rival characters, one only shows up a while into the story, and all three of them are neat, fleshed-out characters.
>old Pokémon clogging up the routes everyfuckingwhereold Pokémon clogging up the routes everyfuckingwhere
It's a LITTLE better. There's still a lot, but I was able to complete the game with a full team of new Pokemon, all of which I liked.
>legendaries that were not utilized at all
The box legendaries are actually a huge part of the main plot, although you might not realize that at first. The Tapus are also integrated into the setting pretty flawlessly, and while the third main Legendary just kind of shows up in the postgame, that's standard and it's at least alluded to in dialogue.
>forgettable characters
Fixed to the extreme. Almost every character is shown to have a life outside of their Trial or whatever, and they all have pretty distinct personalities.
>an overall piss easy difficulty that insutls player intelligence
Very fixed, at least for me. Even with the EXP Share on, there were almost no plot-important fights that didn't wipe my team, and I ended up fighting Pokemon as much as 5 levels higher than me in the second half of the game.
>>
>>30212179
>shitty, desaturated region

Everything from the Nature Trail to Snowbelle was god tier, I want an entire region like that, not this tropical garbage
>>
>>30211591
This: The Post
>>
>>30211591
I agree but gen 5 had nothing special.
>>
>>30213034
>Way better than XY, though.
Arguable IMO, emma quest > UB quest and maison had more gamemodes. Restaurants were also easy way to amass shittons of money while leveling up mons.
>>
>>30212672
This. Like god damn.
>>
>>30212672
And now it's ruined, just like Fire Emblem
>>
It was a return back to what B/w did, and b/w are the best games in the series. Of course it would be good
>>
File: 1479079724090.jpg (19KB, 320x320px)
1479079724090.jpg
19KB, 320x320px
>>30213946
>emma quest > UB quest
>>
>>30210815
fuck gen 5. maybe they can fix their mistakes with the remakes. but dear god please don't let them make remakes of bw and b2w2
>>
>>30214366
maybe plasma will get magma/aqua treatment and stop being completely shit in remakes
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.