[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The encounter rate for some of the new pokemon compared to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: 1477882359792.png (239KB, 708x537px) Image search: [Google]
1477882359792.png
239KB, 708x537px
>The encounter rate for some of the new pokemon compared to the older gen pokemon

Who honestly thought this was a good idea?
>>
>New Pokemon shouldn't take any effort whatsoever to obtain

Having Kanto Pokemon be common shitmons is the right thing to do.

The only Pokemon that is indefensible in its encounter rate is Mareanie.
>>
Be glad none of the new Pokemon are Weather SOS only
>>
File: Sad-Genie.jpg (15KB, 552x384px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Genie.jpg
15KB, 552x384px
>1% encounter rate
>>
After beating the elite four i realized i never ran into any decent wild new mons the entire game and my team was entirely old mons. Also, fuck fishing this gen, i stopped by all the bubbling spots on the way, all magikarps, occasional finneon.
>>
>>30210020
Dratini is the worse offender. All the other 1% fishmons you can boost to 10% by load screens and bubbles. Dratini doesn't get that. Fuck this thing
>>
File: IMG_1031.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1031.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>30210022
Have fun getting banned, I guess?
>>
>>30210039
Save right before a bubbling patch of rocks then soft reset until you get what you want. It doesn't take long. Deal
>>
File: 7 peso pedro.png (50KB, 121x166px) Image search: [Google]
7 peso pedro.png
50KB, 121x166px
They really fucked up the fishing this game.
>Dratini
>Relicanth
>Sharpedo
>Chinchou
>Dhelmise
>Mareanie
Nope just thousands of magikarps instead. Boy I love resetting the ripple fishing spots. Better hope you dont run too fast getting back or you'll fucking scare the fish away

Also honorable mention goes to lapras with its fucking 5% encounter rate when it takes a full minute to get a single surf encounter
>>
>>30210098
What's this guy's name again?
>>
>>30209922
>The only Pokemon that is indefensible in its encounter rate is Mareanie.
But Anon, you just walk in and out of Kukui's lab, fish between the rocks when it's bubbling, and have a 20% chance to get a Corsola, which you can just wear down until it attracts a Mareanie.
>>
>people complaining that catching pokemon be a challenge in a game whereby a significant portion of the game is catching pokemon

If everything was a joke to find and catch you wouldn't even need trading, either.

Just a fucking box of Petilils has allowed me to Straw Trade my way up to useful rare pokemon and i'm not even off the first island.
>>
>>30210189
Its not challenging, its tedious
>>
The low encounter rates of the new stuff is my biggest gripe so far.

Also, while there aren't a lot of Gen 5 Pokemon in the dex, they're actually pretty common when they do appear, which I find really weird.
>>
>>30210062
It does, though.
It even has a special bubbling spot you can leave and reenter extremely easy.
>>
>>30210245
Why do faggots say this about every slightly difficult thing in Pokemon? Do you faggots just want the game to play itself? That way there is no tedium at all.
>>
File: 1478309615056.gif (599KB, 565x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478309615056.gif
599KB, 565x500px
>>30210189
>5% or lower encounter rate
>challenging
No. I already spend hours trying to find a Stufful so I can breed and EV train but no luck. Not even WT and GTS isn't helping.
>>
>>30209948
Pretty much this.
This is why BW got so much hate from angry autists genwunners
>>
>>30210299
I can give you a Stufful, dude. What's your FC?
>>
>>30210288
Because every fucking encounter for every fucking fishing hole is almost entirely magikarps with a tiny percentage of a different pokemon. Its not fun. Its not challenging. Its just boring.
>>
File: 1478213415832.jpg (27KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1478213415832.jpg
27KB, 350x350px
>>30209922
>Salandit only evolves when female
>87.5% Male

What were they thinking with this one?
>>
>>30210339
Cute Charm Sylveon if you're feeling extra lazy. Otherwise just SOS chain until a female shows up.
>>
>>30210308
1435-4699-2718
Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>30210321
>wahhh I can't just breeze through the game i need to actually hunt certain rare mons down wahhh

Why even have a catching mechanic? Pokemon should just be presented to me once I enter a new route and let me choose which one I want.
>>
>>30210355
Does Cute Charm work while breeding?
>>
>>30210362
1521-4168-5731
Gimme a sec and I'll be online.
>>
>>30210371
Ah, no, thought you were talking about just catching it. Yeah for breeding it's a pain in the dick.
>>
>>30210366
Oh yeah dude I was really fiending for that fucking relicanth to carry me through the game.

Magikarp shouldn't make up 90% of the encounters in the rare fishing spot, but it is for every single one. Even 90% encounter rate on different shitmon on different routes would make the experience a lot better. It just feels like the exact same grind on every route you need to fish on.

The new fishing system is trash. There isn't anything worth catching in the regular spots so you have to rezone after every encounter to reset the ripple spots. They should bump up the encounter rates of the rarer pokemon in the spots, but make the spots themselves randomized and harder to find. Nothing challenging about walking back and forth between a screen transition and the same spot thats always rippling when you enter the route.
>>
File: 1477091422619.jpg (43KB, 359x351px) Image search: [Google]
1477091422619.jpg
43KB, 359x351px
>>30210381
Based anon.
>>
>>30210500
And why even have catch rates? Just more RNG tedium.
>>
>>30210321

Why not just PKHex your ass a Mareanie or whatever, if you're going to have that attitude?
>>
>>30210568
Doesn't matter what I say. You're just gonna be a cunt regardless.

They dropped the ball with the new fishing

>>30210626
Because I wanted to catch every pokemon I could on my own. I just dont want to wade through hundreds of the same pokemon over and over to complete my dex.

The Mareanie spots were kind of a releif actually. Got a good mix of wishiwashi and luvdisc while I was looking for corsola.
>>
>piece of shit bird pelliper is literally fucking everywhere, two games in a row
>everything new is absurdly rare
>bounsweet is in a single patch of grass
>>
why are you complaining? it seems most people keep resuing the same tired old gen1 pokemons anyway.

I had no issues finding any of the new pokemon. maybe be a better player...?
>>
>people buy new pokemon games
>to recatch the old pokemon they already caught 6 times already for the past 6 gens

>having new pokemon is a sin
>so who cares if they barely exist ingame

Fuck this new fanbase
>>
File: 1478547941148.png (105KB, 627x553px) Image search: [Google]
1478547941148.png
105KB, 627x553px
>>30212461
What are you trying to imply?
>>
There is no defense for the new fishing system that won't make you sound like a cum guzzling Gamefreak shill. How the fuck did it make it past play testing? This is HAWAII the fishing should be the comfiest in the series, not the least comfy.
>>
>>30212461
I had 6 new Pokemon on my team this run with barely any effort
the only tragedy was that the spooky dance bird was way late
how about you git gud
>>
It's not that catching these things shouldn't be challenging, it's just that shit is skewed too far in the wrong direction. 5% chance for every new Pokemon?

Why not 20% for X
30% for Y
12% for Z
50% for Blankity Blankity BLANK

Yes, I know that doesn't equal 100, but you get what I mean.
>>
What is a good False Swipe user for shiny hunting?
>>
How did you casuals even learn Feebas existed back in the day?
>>
>>30209922
I had a team of gen 7 Pokémon easily by the second island, wtf were you doing OP?

When the piratefags complained about it I was expecting something a lot worse butim in post-game now and so far everything they bitched about feels like it was just pointless trolling.
>>
The low catch rate wouldn't be so bad if there were some secret spots where it was much higher or almost guaranteed

Look back in R/S/E, you had to go fucking spelunking in Meteor Falls but there was that small cave where you could find Bagon and it wasn't too difficult once you were there, for example.

Or that hidden cave in Platinum with the entrance under the fucking bridge so you can't see it, but if you found it you could catch Gible AND get an Earthquake TM

That's a more sensible way of making it "hard" or "challenging" to catch new pokemon that doesn't completely involve RNG numbers. I dunno, put in some puzzles in there or some shit.

It would add exploration thrill, too. Hell maybe make a "Hidden spots" pokedex part or something so people can keep track.

Maybe hunting down these pokemon is part of the challenge the game suggests, but surely it's okay to make at least a bigger part of the new ones acessible so people can play around with them while hiding some of the more gimmicky gems? Just slapping a low encounter rate on 80% of the dex doesn't really do much.
>>
>>30213248

Actually, now that I think about it, they did do it with Rockruff in the first island. Ten Carat Hill is the only place where you can find the damn thing.

Why couldn't they just have made it so for Mareanie and the monkeys too?

I mean, fuck man, at least Feebas had the tile gimmick
>>
>>30212941
Parasect is good for catching in general since its like a poor mans breloom. I dont know if there are any pokemon who call for help that explode, but you can chain paras to get damp as well.

Keep spore or stun spore on it for the shiny once you find it. Statusing stops pokemon from calling for help. I only had trouble catching dhelmise with my parasect because he was immune to everything in my set.
>>
File: 1479784317371.jpg (241KB, 1115x890px) Image search: [Google]
1479784317371.jpg
241KB, 1115x890px
>>30213313
>tfw keep forgetting that the cave is called Ten Carat Hill not the route you see in the demo
>>
>>30212750
This. The regional dex should have been overloaded with fish mons from every gen and fishing and diving should have been fun.
>>
>>30209922
I'm guessing it's the same person who thought this was a good idea in GSC. There's no reason why the new moon shouldn't take priority.
>>
>>30210288
>That way there is no tedium at all.
Uh anon. If the game played itself it would still be tedious.
>>
MIMIKYU REEEEEEEE. EVEN I GOT USED TO YOUR SPOPPY LOCATION'S MUSIC WHILE LOOKING FOR YOU THAT I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE.

At first your place was spoopy but now it's not cause I'm too focused on praying you would appear, fucktard!
>>
>>30214685
Fucking Haunter keeps lashing his tongue out at me in that place. I felt so angry, it's not the least helping.
>>
>>30214129
Is that route from the demo even in the game? I'm up to Poni Island and I still haven't found it.
>>
>>30214685
ME HERE. AHAHAHA. FINALLY YOU BITCH!
>>
>>30214859
I-I thank the RNG god for giving his grace to me. I catched Mimkyu with just 1 Luxury Ball. Worth the goddamn Haunters I went through.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.