[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Tips for those who haven't started the game yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1929.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1929.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
If you had Exp. Share off for a large portion of the game, turn it back on once you get to the fourth island to maintain the same level of difficulty.
>>
You can leave Exp share on the whole game. The thing that overlevels you is exp boosts from the pokemon petting thing. I just got to the 4th island and my team are 46-52. The higher end being pokemon with lots of hearts.
>>
>Jeffrey

Good taste, anon.
>>
WET WET

jeffrey
>>
>>30208854
This anon has it. I left exp share on and was almost even against e4, minus the mons I pet the most
>>
>>30208802
tips for those who want a REAL challenge
use pikachu only, no evolving
>>
I left it on for most of the game and I was never more than 2 levels above the harder fights, and that's probably at least in part due to trying to catch some Pokemon in the area.
>>
>>30208854
>>30209230
What these anons wanted to say is turn exp share off, but spend time petting your pokemon.
>>
>Quick and Dusk balls can be bought at the Pokemon Center on route 8, both essential for filling the dex
>When searching for rare Pokemon via fishing (Bruxish, Dhelmise, Shellder, etc) leave the area you're fishing in to reset the rippling water around the spot you're fishing in, repeat until your target is found/caught
>Vast Poni Canyon is the best pre-E4 grinding spot
>ALWAYS SOS Chain if you're trying to look for a held item from a wild pokemon, simply chain the encounters and spamming thief until you find a mon that is holding the item you want
>Slime Season 3 is Thug's best album
>>
THUGGA
>>
>>30208802

thank you thugga for the advice
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.