[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would you have preferred more megas or do you like z moves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: reog.png (25KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
reog.png
25KB, 150x150px
would you have preferred more megas or do you like z moves?
>>
>>30207669
More Megas. It's like having a new evolutive stage. Z moves are just moves.
But GF will drop Z moves just like they dropped Megas.
>>
>>30207696
what about alolan forms vs megas?
>>
>>30207669
More Alolan formes

Z-moves at the beginning just looked like boring flashy shit for the kids, but the set-up options Z moves provide are pretty interesting and give a new level to the competitive scene
>>
Megas over both Z-moves and Alolan forms.

Nice as Alolan forms are, they don't help out older pokemon, really just replace them.
>>
>>30207669
More shitmon megas and overused mon nerfs.
>>
Z-moves

Anything can use Z-moves, megas are limited to certain pokemon (and my favorite didn't get a mega)
>>
Can't wait until we get Z-Stones that not only give specific Pokemon a unique Z-Move but lets them mega evolve too.
>>
>>30207827
/thread

Megas should help shitmons become somewheat viable. Instead we got a shitty z-move system that even further makes them obsolete.
>>
>>30207817
I think making bad pokemon good just removes their charm. I dont think anyone would care about dunsparce if it was ou. I prefer z moves since they look cool as fuck, whilest megas usually just look clunky and unnatural.
>>
>>30207852
>unnatural.
Well, that is kind of the point.
>>
Z-moves are fucking awful and whoever had that idea should be shot. The ones that improve existing moves are fine but the big flashy SUPER MEGA UBER LIGHT FIRE CRASH BOMB BLITZ bullshit needs to crawl into a pit and die

Can we just get buffs for more old pokemon that got fucked by stat creep and a couple of alternate or extra evolutions here and there
>>
>>30207669
everything except the z status moves are trash
it feels like something someone spitballed as a way to fix hyper beam and they just fucking ran with it for far too long
like theres a very good reason most/all things dont run power herb and a charge attack, wasting your item on a one-shot load blow is an awful trade if you arent gaining something else from item consumption (usually ability/attack strength), and pretty much none of the z-moves have anything like a secondary effect
and dont even get me started on drawing up there elaborate animations for a game that cant even hold a steady framerate

megas were good in concept but awful in execution because marketability trumped proper game design in deciding who gets what
they could still be easily fixed and i dont know why they abandoned the idea, tell the guy going "lol give em to salamence and garchomp" to fuck off
>>
None. Retcon these fucking gimmicks out of my games. If you wanted to buff mons you can easily change their stats, moves and abilities. Or if you HAVE to do it, reserve megas 3 stage shitmons that really need a huge boost in their stats.
>>
>>30207890
They can't make pokemon evolve any more because eviolite exists.
That's the whole point of Megas, Z-Moves and Alolan forms.
>>
>>30207669
More megas, Z moves are a stupid mechanic. There were enough shitmons who would have deserved the mega treatment.
>>
File: ghost.png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
99KB, 500x500px
Pikachu
>>
>>30207985
wrong thread, sorry
>>
File: 474 Porygon-Z Dream.png (10KB, 234x273px) Image search: [Google]
474 Porygon-Z Dream.png
10KB, 234x273px
Megas would've been easily more hype, but my favorite Pokemon is one of the very few which greatly benefit from Z-moves so I hope they don't trash it in favor of more megas in later games.
>>
Remove Megas
Remove the Z-moves that are just half-hour long flashy animations to do some damage.

All damaging moves now have a Z-form like Status moves

>Z-Blizzard now sets up Hail before attacking
>Z-Rapid Spin moves the hazards to the opponent's side of the field
>Z-Close Combat boosts defenses instead
>>
>>30207669
Unbound form for starters, megas for the pokemon that are really never used and z moves for the pokemons that are already good, i think this would balance everything.
Also to break some ripetitive circle make new form like alolan one but with new reference maybe not region, some pokemon from a particular city or a particular history from his life, it can be also from experiments
>>
I would like more megas after S/M
>>
>>30210229
Thats good
>>
>never used Z moves ever
They're trash
>>
>>30207669
Megas give a chance for shitmons to be good, Z-Moves are only really useful in the main game.
>>
Megas.

I like how they can kind of make your teams set piece. Z-Moves were an okay idea but just having them be really strong attacks was a real ball drop. They needed to be far more interesting.
>>
>>30207669
Region Forms work better than megas.
>>
Megas>alolaforms>>> Z-moves . The others add something to a Pokemon . Z-moves are just glorified gen 5 gems
>>
I like z-moves and all as when put on the right pokemon can either turn the match around or give you a great opening gambit depending on who goes first.

But then again, so did megas, or at least the ones who needed them anyway like Blastoise (my personal favorite) and Mawile. Some were poorly executed like the aforementioned Mawile not only getting a huge attack buff but getting huge power on top of that effectively tripiling its attack and some just got broken abilities like mega Kanga and mega Fug.

Megas actually gave certain pokemon new life and new ways to play them, unlike Z-moves that Masuda thinks will make every pokemon competitively viable but rather just invalidates them further. For example, who do you think is going to make better use of devastating drake? Garchomp or Druddigon?
>>
My problem with Z moves is that most of them don't fucking do anything special. Just add extra damage.

Look at, say, Primarina. It's unique Z-move also removes burn. That's something, though not much.

Why doesn't Bloom Doom also throw up a sunny day so that you can set up solar beam/blade?
Why doesn't the rock one also throw out a stealth rock to save a turn?
Why doesn't the Steel drill thing also up the Pokemon's defense stats sharply?
Why doesn't the standard water one also heal the user and maybe throw an aqua veil on them?

Every Z-move should have had some kind of secondary effect to open up new tactics and make the Z-moves feel worthwhile. Instead most of them just boil down to "Make a super effective attack a bit more effective". If we're limited to one per battle, it should actually pack a game-changing punch.
>>
MORE

ALOLA

FORMS
>>
>>30210535
Well the z-status moves are pretty useful for long term battles. Hell, when the pokemon bank update drops and I can use my Galvantula again I'm giving it electrium z and thunder wave.
>>
I really don't like Megas since not everyone gets one and they are so strong you pretty much need to use one, I liked the z moves more added options without being mandatory.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.