[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did /vp/ turn on it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

Why did /vp/ turn on it?
>>
it's not roothoot
>>
>>30205797
>Grass type
>>
Decidueye is ugly.
>>
>>30205797
Its evos ruined it.

If it's any consolation all three starters are shit.
>>
>>30205797
I don't like it's evolution nor it's fans
>>
/vp/ is full of contrarian faggots.
>>
>>30205797
>slow
>mixed
>frail
The last one is bullshit, my Decidueye in particular has shit IVs and can still tank a STAB Shadow Ball like nobody's business, but the first two are valid. You will NEVER attack first against any good sweeper, and having a highly Physical oriented movepool, while a good one, means all those EVs in Special Attack are a complete and entire waste.
>>
>>30205797
Shitty final evo

>>30205875
If /vp/ is "filled with contrarian faggots" are they really being contrarian?
>>
/vp/ hates everything in OU
>>
I liked it until owlfags became retarded fucks
>>
>>30205797
Hype. Rowlet and it's line has always had far more hype tied to it than the others, so people took it's not being as good as expected harder. There's also the general love it gets, which means people who don't think it's all that great will get a bit annoyed at people trying to shove it down their throats. Finally, it's fanbase has gotten a reputation for being rather obnoxious.
>>
>>30205797
It still turns me on.
>>
>>30205797
I love this little guy, probably one of my new favorite Pokes.
>>
>>30205811
>split evolution for Dartrix with guns
>Rootin tootin shootin hootin
>>
>>30205797
because it's unsurprisingly shit (like all grass starters are) and its fanbase is about as cancerous as gardefags
>>
Is Treecko bad?
>>
>>30206131
I named mine Shadow because he takes a cool concept and becomes edgelord with guns.

Same for my Marshtomp (Knuckles) cause he goes from skinny bitch to what the fuck arms.
>>
>>30206160
>naming Pokémon after Sonic characters
Hang yourself CWC
>>
>>30205916
Like this faggot right here.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 925x635px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 925x635px
The cutest pokemon ever.
evos ruined it.
>>
>>30206263
Bitch you still play Pokemon too don't act like you're better than me lol
>>
>>30205797
It's the normie pick of this gen
>>
>>30205883
I think you mean BST instead of EV.
but no, you're right. They gave it a mixed attack stats...but then nothing that allows it to make use of it ether.
It does have some OK bulk though, but not enough to warrant a healing move on it ether.
It's real flaw is that gimmick and all, Dhelmise is just better. The ONLY boon Decidueye gets is not making contact with contact moves, so it can't be cursed body'ed, or get burned by break break or take damage from hard skin/rocky helmet, but given the starter HA's aren't obtanable ATM, it's kinda meaningless anyway.
>>
>>30206413
Synthesis is nice on a safe switch, lets it take one more hit.
>>
>>30206413
>The ONLY boon Decidueye gets is not making contact with contact moves

That's not really worth even mentioning since it's literally impossible to get the HA currently.
>>
File: 1479861897831.gif (2MB, 404x286px) Image search: [Google]
1479861897831.gif
2MB, 404x286px
>>30205797
Rowlet will remain the cutest motherfucker on this earth

But decidueye is crushingly meh
>>
>>30205856

Ebin.
>>
File: Qt borb.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Qt borb.gif
1MB, 540x304px
I don't think anyone hates rowlet
Its still the most popular of three

Its just the people who defend it obnoxiously
And say "best starter" "fastest of the three" "etc etc

I think it's cute
>>
>bad speed
>sub-par base physical defense
>no stab priority moves
>no access to bulk-up and trick room
>high sp.atk stat despite having little to no sp.atk moves to learn
>only saving grace is that if your opponent is stupid enough or has a low attack stat to let you setup work-up sweep with roost recovery.

Min-max breeding with Impish nature could salvage it but the damage is already done with Gamefreak going full retard on it.
>>
>>30205797
>nonsensical typing
>samurott-tier stats

Decidueye ruined it.
>>
>>30205797
It's qt but Dartrix and Decidueye are both retarded, the type change makes no sense and its stat distributions are not only poor, they also fit badly thematically

I feel like they designed Rowlet, panicked and made generic owl for its middle stage and then realised they needed to shoehorn Ghost typing onto it to make it fit with its counterparts

If they'd started with Decidueye and the owl spirit guardian theme, made it a bulky slow physical attacker, given it a 70BP Ghost-type priority move and worked backwards from there it might've worked out better
>>
>>30205797
Because it's popular. Charizard, Blaziken, and Lucario are all hated here for this reason.
>>
>>30205875
>/vp/ is full of contrarian faggots
>/vp/ hates Gen 4
Really makes you think
>>
>>30205797
Because /vp/ is full of sealfags and catfags who refuses to believe that they're the biggest cancer on /vp/ right now.
>>
>>30206146
It's actual better than you might give it credit for. It's not an offensive powerhouse but it's defensive set is quite useful and it has decent bulk. Also grass starters are fine. Serperior and Venusaur are both miles ahead of their respective water starter and in Serp's case the fire starter too. Sceptile, decidueye and Chesnaught break even with their respective starter pals. Only Torterra and Meganium are left in the dust.
>>
>>30205797
Decidueye is an ugly cartoony fucking joke with a shit name, shoehorned typing and shit stats. Rowlet is cute but ruined by a shit final evo. All the starters this gen are disappointing as fuck.
>>
Fuck you Gamefreak, why couldn't you just have made Decidueye as powerful as Blaziken and Greninja? All you had to do was
>give it sky high offensive stats with poor defensive stats as a tradeoff
>give it an ability to help it switch in safely against all attacks
>making Spirit Shackle trapping persist even when Decidueye switches out or faints
>making Spirit Shackle trapping last eight turns instead of five
>give Spirit Shackle 100 BP
>give it a bigger movepool, especially special attacks
>give it thousand arrows
>make Sinister Arrow Raid super effective against fairy type pokemon
Why did you have to ruin everything?
>>
>>30208986
He's fine as a defensive trapper with defog
>>
>Mixed attacker with no special movepool
>Slow
>No Giga Drain
>No Leech seed
>No powder moves
>No Leaf storm
>>
It was worthless.

I'm on the third island and I'm boxing him, even though it pains me to box a starter and I've never done it before.

But he just feels like a wasted spot.
His flying moves are shit, and charjabug with Acrobatics is better.
His grass moves are shit and I never need grass when I have electric.
His ghost moves are shit, other than ghost being useless most of the time.

He's just shit.
>>
>>30208986
Stay mad Rowletfag
>>
>>30205797
The "Reddit Pokemon" meme thing considering the obsession the retards have here with Reddit.
>>
Because it became popular after it's final evo was officially revealed.

Most people on /vp/ are legitimately autistic and will hate anything if it's popular.
Also Litten and Popplio fags became salty after Incineroar and Primarina's stats were datamined.
>>
>>30209617
design is still amazing

that fucking stat spread though holy shit
>>
>>30205797
I like him but they honestly just kinda fucked him over with his stats and movepool, along with Dhelmise existing.
>>
File: IMG_6145.jpg (159KB, 720x1278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6145.jpg
159KB, 720x1278px
>>30209281
I had the opposite experience. I was prepared for him to suck and he surprised me at every turn. Pluck was great in Totem battles, Razor Leaf's crit rate and double battle utility was awesome, and I even got to teach it Shadow Claw just before I left for Ula'ula. It evolved as it was crushing the Electric trial at the observatory, turning into Decidueye after beating Charjabug and helping to defeat Totem Vikavolt for its first battle in its final form. I had feared that my favored starter would be Meganium levels of passive and difficult, but I was pleasantly surprised and it remained my ace.
>>
>>30209668
I almost feel like they made other pokemon just so that you can replace your starter with later on. Why use Decidueye when you have Dhelmise ? Why use Incineroar when you have Marowak/Salazzle ? Why use Primarina when you have Tapu Fini ?
>>
>>30206413
Cursed Body isn't exclusive to contact moves.
>>
>>30209663
I like mixed attackers a lot so his stat spread is pretty fun along with move pool but fuck you can't make it semi-tanky like it is. It has to be a glass cannon.
A lot of the movepools and stats on Alola Pokemon just seem really fucking bad compared to previous gens, I don't understand what they were thinking.
>>
No speed
GF has no idea what the fuck they're doing
>>
File: 1472768892266.jpg (20KB, 292x326px) Image search: [Google]
1472768892266.jpg
20KB, 292x326px
>>30208986
>still being in denial

Goddamn are owlcucks pathetic, at least sealfags and catfags can accept that their starter isn't competitively viable. I almost feel sorry for you. Almost. Stay mad, cuck.
>>
>>30209737
it learns like 2 useful special moves though
>>
>>30210205
>reading comprehension
He was obviously complaining that it wasn't competitively viable, stupid catfag.
>>
>>30210392
>>reading comprehension

That is literally what my post is talking about. Thanks for proving my point though, owlcuck :^)
>>
They need to buff Decidueye. Let Incineroar and Primarina rot in hell where they belong, but they need to buff the owl.
>>
>>30205797
Because it sucks in game, it's the normie choice, and owlfags were completely obnoxious for 4 months before the game came out. I'm unbelievably happy at how hard you got shafted.

>H-he'll be the best in battle!
>H-he's not edgy, Litten is edgy! Muh black and red!
>Fuck Popplio, Rowlet best starter. Owlbros won.

You got what you deserved.
>>
File: 1398558555557.jpg (166KB, 1024x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1398558555557.jpg
166KB, 1024x1019px
>>30205797
became a faggy ghost type to appease competativefags when it should have stayed a nice comfy flying shitmon
>>
>>30205916
>If /vp/ is "filled with contrarian faggots" are they really being contrarian?
Yes because /vp/ is a small fraction of the fanbase that seems to love rowlet's line
>>
>>30213236
And then Litten will probably be Ash's ace and Incineroar has the best personality easily while Decidueye is boring and basic.

I wish I could say Popplio ended up getting things so much better but unfortunately it and its evos aren't that good and won't get any attention.
>>
I still love it, I just hate what it becomes
>>
>>30213608
>Ash gets Popplio
>It is constantly trying to rape him after it evolves ala Bayleef

Welp, he might have it like Gen IV instead?

>Gets both Grass and Fire Starters
>Grass starter has it's moments and evolves into final stage
>Fire starter gets the spotlight most of the time and evolves into final stage
>>
>>30214007
I wouldn't be shocked if they left Rowlet unevolved because it clearly had the most thought-out first stage designed to be a fan favorite. But Decidueye is also too 'muh cool hooded archer ghost' for it to not evolve.
>>
>>30205875
While I'm not disagreeing with you on that, Rowlet is still generally liked more than the other two here.
>>
>>30205797
turned into a tryhard cuck instead of staying a cool fatass
>>
>>30208869
/vp/ is literally the only place on the internet that seriously defends DP you generation Z abortion
>>
>>30208889
>owlcucks are this delusional

wew lad
>>
>>30213410
>to appease competativefags
>Pokemon is only viable in RU
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.