[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do smogonfags think that he should be instabanned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-681Aegislash.png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-681Aegislash.png
62KB, 250x250px
Why do smogonfags think that he should be instabanned?
>>
because he's good af
>>
>>30205229
Because they don't want to predict in a game about prediction
>>
>>30205229
it's cancer
>>
>>30205229
Too good for ou but not good enough for ubers.
>>
>>30205258
Yes, he's overcentralizing as fuck, but he also keeps other very centralizing mons in check. I don't think anybody wants another reapeat of the ORAS meta where teambuilding was literal hell because rather than having one super overcentralizing mon to deal with, you had many slightly less overcentralizing mons dominating the meta that for the most part were previously kept in check by Aegislash. Therefore, you had an even more centralized and restricted meta than you previously had with Aegislash.

Aegislash is cancer, but banning him just leads to a slippery slope of even more cancerous things.
>>
>>30205319
Clearly the solution is to ban all the things
>>
>>30205328
That already exists. It's called UU. There is a tier system for a reason.
>>
>>30205319
Ban Pheromosa and Aegi at the same time and it's all good.
>>
>>30205392
I'd argue that Pheremosa should be instabanned and Aegislash should be suspect tested. I have a feeling that without Aegislash we're just going to get ORAS Meta 2: Cancer Tiki Boogaloo.
>>
He's really good and centralizing.
Personally I just use Toxapex to deal with it.
>>
cancersword allows retards to win every battle without thinking so of course /vp/ wants it to stay
>>
>>30205229

150 Atk/Sp Atk. when you need it.
150 Def/Sp Def. when you need it.

It weaknesses are best hit by physical moves he can just give you cock if you use knock while it uses King's Shield.

If you play it properly you most likely have to remove 1 counter and sweep the rest. The typing is just too good when there are no strong special dark types.(only ubers got the good one)
>>
File: 1473181315099.png (100KB, 264x289px) Image search: [Google]
1473181315099.png
100KB, 264x289px
>>30205562
I can understand finding it annoying that it's literally everywhere and can check a ton of things but you have to be literally retarded to lose to it specifically.
>>
>>30205229
because its unironically better than most box legendaries
what reason do you have for not wanting it banned that isnt >ITS DARK LIKE MY SOUL
>>
>>30205743
it lets me win without thinking
>>
>>30205743
>what reason do you have for not wanting it banned that isnt >ITS DARK LIKE MY SOUL
Rule of cool. It's a royal ghost sword.
>>
The problem with Aegislash is that it has a great offensive typing AND that ability/King's Shield

So not only do you have to predict or bluff against it to not get fucked up, you have to actually have the means to hit it for SE or it's bulky enough to stick around.

Only King's Shield is the problem imo, just get rid of that and everything else balances out.
>>
It's less of a big deal in doubles, proving once and for all that doubles is the only true format.
>>
>>30205276
>Because they don't want to predict in a game about prediction
>Aegislash
>predict
You can't predict with Aegislash, you can just guess. He's fantastic on both special and attack, and to top it off you also need to outpredict the shield forme shenanigans.
>>
>>30205229
Because swords dance is a move.
>>
>>30208317
that's a pointless suggestion, King's Shield is how it activates it's ability too.
>>
Godly typing and 720BST
>>
>>30209512
>current year
>still using the sd set
>>
>>30205229
Because it has perfect stats for its role, great typing and all its sets are good thanks to King's Shield
>SubToxic is easy to set up and very few pokemon are both immune to Toxic and resist Shadow Ball.
>SD hits like a truck, has great coverage and priority.
>LO Mixed checks whatever it wants
>>
What if Deoxys had stance change
>>
>>30209633
>Litterally can't die until it attacks.
>Ss is also a move.
>>
>>30208537
>You can't predict
>You can just predict or guess like with any other pokemon

Just because he has a cute gimmick and decent stats, doesn't make him impossible to predict.
>>
>>30209745
The problem is he's slow as dirt and shield has priority.
So if it's just changing back and forth every other turn you never get an opening to attack it in its vulnerable form unless you happen to have a Pokémon slower than dirt.
>>
King's shield doesn't protect it from status moves, guys. Just get out a stally grass type like Tangrowth or specially defensive ferrothorn and Leech Seed it. Won't work every time but has done well for me. When Mega Venusaur was around last gen (damn all these unreleased megas...) I used that against it pretty effectively too. Doen't hurt that Venusaur also kills clefable and Aegislash-Clefable cores are annoying as hell.
>>
>>30205229
>he
Correction: she
>>
>>30210262
>Won't work every time
That's the problem. It has no solid counters.
>>
>>30205229
You can predict it all you want but in the end it's still a 50/50 on top of that
>>
>>30210262
Sub toxic is annoying as fuck to everything not called mega Venusaur, Venusaur without leech seed+eq/hp fire can actually lose vs specially offensive variants.

There are shaky checks to aegislash yet in the end aegislash is a Godlike no Brainerd pivot that you have to try really hard, and I mean really really hard to justify it not being in your team.

Centralization is the issue with Aegislash, also broken checking broken should not be a reason for Aegislash to stay.
>>
>>30205229
It resists 9 types, is very likely to set up SD if it wants to, has STAB priority and will fuck up physical attackers with King's Shield. It plays mind games you can only lose. Will it set up and fuck me up? Will it fuck me up? Will it fuck me up with priority? Or will it block and fuck up my attacker in the process so I have to switch and let it set up/fuck up the mon I switched in?
Apart from some niche Pokemon you're always at a disadvantage. I want it gone.
>>
File: 1424530785241.jpg (476KB, 2500x2104px) Image search: [Google]
1424530785241.jpg
476KB, 2500x2104px
>>30205625
>there are no strong special dark types.(only ubers got the good one)
Hydreigon is still decent. Just don't switch it in on Fairies and don't leave it in on Azumarill/Fini/Primarina.
>>
>>30205625
It can also just hit the dark types with Sacred Sword.
>>
>>30209701
>starts in normal form
>switches to attack form for attacks
>switches to defense form for protect/buffs
>switches to speed form for status/hazards
Nice
>>
>>30206074
>literally just a floating sword
>"""""cool"""""

It's the laziest fucking pokemon design in the game. People shit on poor klefki for way less than that even though it's actually unique and thoughtful in aesthetic. People LITERALLY only pretend to like it because it's braindead OP.

It's gen 6's Heatran/Keldeo
>>
>>30205229
just ban kings shield. Problem solved
>>
Because nobody likes fighting le sword&board of 50/50s
>>
Smogon needs to admit they need a new tier for OU cancer and Ubermons that are too shitty for Ubers.
>>
File: 1447396686402.jpg (14KB, 299x279px) Image search: [Google]
1447396686402.jpg
14KB, 299x279px
>>30205229
it's has good stats and a god tier ability , so it can be used in different roles , even the defensive aegilash is a good wall for anything not prepared and still hit like a truck

also add that the thing has few counters
>>
>>30210872
BL-OU
>>
>>30210808
I like you
CM Deoxys could be a thing
>>
>>30210872
When AG was created and Mega Fug ascended, it was stated that if Ubers gets big enough they'll split it based on usage like the whole OU-through-FU series. Under-Ubers sounds like a lot of fun tee bee ayche.
>>
>>30209768
>unless you happen to have a Pokémon slower than dirt.
Easy to find this gen
>>
>Smogon hates Aegislash for being too centralizing
>You couldn't do shit in GSC without running Skarmbliss Feat. Tyraniboah.
Really makes you think
>>
>>30210699
The amount of shit that stops the SD set is huge.

Just go mixed or special, you get more from your mileage that way.
>>
>>30210999
>>You couldn't do shit in GSC without running Skarmbliss Feat. Tyraniboah.
Wasn't that RSE? GSC was Snorlax chess. Hell I'm damn sure that Tyraniboah was a Gen III set.
>>
REMOVE SMOGONSWORD
>>
>>30210999
>Boah
>GSC
Stopped reading here
>>
When a meta becomes too cancerous and repetitive, that is actually when you can have the most fun. Pokemon like Aegislash and Talonflame become so prolific you can run fun Pokemon that would otherwise be shit but they counter the popular meta.
>>
>>30210830
That's not how banning works.
>>
File: IMG_9516.jpg (1MB, 2017x1451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9516.jpg
1MB, 2017x1451px
>>30210829
I always liked the twin swords better than sword and shield anyway.
Looks like I'll have to hope next gen gives me the ampersand I so desire.
>>
>>30211113
>Baaaaw everyone is using the same team this is boring!
>If the meta is so predictable and everyone is using the same things shouldn't you be able to build something that counters it?
>S-Shut up Smogonfag you are shit and your meta is shit! Baaaaaw VGC save me!
Every time.
>>
Over-centralizing. There's no reason not to use it, and every game boils down to which aegis dies first.
>>
Anyone try specially defensive Celesteela? Leech Seed fucks over Kings Shield and Aegislash can't do much to hurt it.
>>
>>30210999
>Cool and unique Pokemon like Aegislash centralizes meta
>Smogon throws a fit and bans it
>Ugly-ass Legendary Genies centralize meta to an even greater extent
>Smogon embraces it
Really drives you to make an inquiry
>>
It can run everything from agility offense sweeper to SD bulky attacker to substall defense and everything in between and it's excellent at everything it can do.

I still liked it when everyone had it because it kept so much garbage in line.
>>
I love all these shitty arguments like "It's overcentralizing" and "It's so good that it's hard to justify NOT using it". I've watched Pokeaim's Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Kommo-o, Lycanroc and Alolan Sandslash Showdown live videos and I think there was just one team where he used Aegislash himself. He seems to be doing just fine not using the Mon while playing around opponents who use it. Sure, there was one battle in the Lycanroc video where he lost a 50/50 at the end but that's life and that's Pokemon. You can't always win. Doesn't mean that Aegislash is broken. How about building different teams and playing better?
>>
>>30211296
>Genies centralize meta to an even greater extent
Source: your ass.
>>
>>30211378
Adding to this: how about trying some of the new Mons we got? It's not like you can just switch Aegislash into everything and call it a day. People obviously haven't embraced the raw power that is Choice Banded Tapu Bulu who deals over 50% to Aegislash with Wood Hammer. Yes, a resisted hit deals over 50% on Aegislash. Also, Life Orb Tapu Koko deals 50% min on Aegislash with Thunderbolt, and so on. My advice to everyone is to stop whining and git gud.
>>
>>30211378
Part of the problem is that Smogon flips out and bans shit before a counter meta can emerge
>>
>>30205229
It's a shame that Aegislash is so good. It's probably my favorite Kalos mon but I can't use it in competitive because it's fucking broken.
>>
>>30211534
This.

Friendly reminder that Landorus is the Donald Trump of pokemon
>>
>Send Toxapex
>Win no matter the set.
Smogon doesn't want their sand godzilla to not be the best Latios trapper in the game.
>>
>>30205229
Quagsire is a good check
>>
For the same reason they ban everything else. They don't want to have to actually try to win with different strategies/mons/etc, instead they want "my team counters your team.. i win. Next battle. Oh your team counters my team.. i lose. Next battle."
>>
>>30212376
The favoritism towards Tyranitar has been insane
>>
>>30211543
Yeah this is my issue with smogon. Imo all complex bans should be lifted temporarily for new gens and there should be a time period within which things are unbannable.
>>
>>30205229

OU needs this thing.

There are so many threats to prepare for now. The ORAS meta was bad enough, you'd often lose by matchup because your opponent has one of the 50 offensive threats that you can't prepare for without gimping your team.

Now there are Ultra Beats, new mons, and Z-moves (which turn every fucking pokemon into a surprise lure or setup sweeper). Variety and diversity is not a good thing. Aegislash keeping a bunch of pokemon down and checking everything is a good thing. The meta would be damn near unplayable without Aegislash, Heatran, Ferrothorn, Alolan Marowak, etc.

The average player is too fucking dumb, short-sighted, or whatever, so they don't realize, or don't care. Aegislash is annoying and stops their brainless hyper offense, then forces them to actually predict and learn their opponent's style to get around King's Shield rather than flowchart their way through the fight. Fixing the problem right in front of them is most important, so they want Aegislash banned so they won't have to deal with it anymore.

Fucking pathetic.

If reading through Smogon's forum thread on this has taught me anything, it's that the voting system and suspect process is a fucking crapshoot; you can't trust people to be objective and unbiased.

Aegislash will be suspected and banned because people don't like it. It's never going to get a "fair trial."
>>
>>30210999
>GSC Boah

Really makes you think
>>
>>30212555
The opposite is true.
They ban stuff because they want to remove as many 'this breaks your team' mons as possible, to diversify teams
>>
>>30205229
In the monotype meta it's way more obvious.

Imagine going against a Steel team, a type that is already strong as fuck, when their defensive core is:

Skarmory (immune to ground)
Heatran (immune to fire)
Aegislash (immune to fighting)

Considering they can take turns assblasting your switch-ins
>>
>>30214087
What does Aegislash deal with that nothing else can? The real problem with it is that you can't reliably counter it, and it hits so fucking hard off of 150 in both offenses with a movepool to support both sides.
>>
>>30211395
Would you rather run a team accounting for Aegislash? Or would you rather run a team accouting for Landorus-T, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Celesteela, Clefable, Mega Scizor, etc.
>>
>>30214940
I think Hexcalibur is too good for OU, but I hated ORAS teambuilding because of all the threats I needed to cover.

>Perfect team
>Covers everything
>except for diancie
>switch Keldeo from specs to scarf
>now two more threats appear

fuck
>>
>>30214428
>diversify teams
>smogonfags
You're kidding, right?
>>
>>30214661
>What does Aegislash deal with that nothing else can?

You're missing the point. A pokemon that can blanket check a large number of mons is beneficial to both teambuilding and the meta itself. It's not about keeping Aegislash around because it's better than everything else.

Aegislash is useful for the same reason that Landorus-T was last gen. It covers a bunch of threats in a single teamslot without being deadweight ros overly-specialized, which frees up teamslots and lets you use other mons.

If you have a good core that only comprises 4 mons, you have some free spaces to try different mons and stuff, put some fun stuff in your team.

Without strong blanket checks like Aegislash and say, Heatran, your entire team has to be filled up and stretched thin to account for everything, and even then there are things that you won't have the room to handle.

You can lose games by matchup alone when you encounter a team that has a mon that can exploit the holes in your team.

This is a really shitty, unfun way to play comp. ORAS meta was like this (and part of the reason behind Sableye's ban), and it looks like it's going to happen again this gen.
>>
>muh 50/50
>>
>>30209745
>150 offenses 150 defenses
>only decent
Hahaha look at what fucking power creep has done
>>
>>30215138
Exactly. There's too many mons to be able to handle, so we need great blanket checks. Team building in ORAS is basically just pick the mon that covers the most threats to your current team. Even great mons like Serperior, who has a stupid good move in the form of Contrary Leaf Storm, is left by the wayside because of the amounts of things that need to be checked.

Good glue mons is what made things like ORAS LC so fun; sure, you had to run one of the four glue mons, but then you could actually build a team around cores you like.
>>
>>30211395
Source: every fucking team running some form of landorus
>>
Smgonsword effectively has 720 BST
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.