[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S&M QUESTION THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 19

lillies lillie edition

I didn't see one, so here it is.

What ability does my Cubone need to have in order for it's evo (A-Marowak) to get Lightning Rod?

I still don't really get how abilities work. (Bulbapedia did a fucking horrible job of explaining it to me.)
>>
old >>30193474

I would assume cubone with lightning rod evolve to marowak with lightning rod.
>>
Alright, I'll shoot.

Does Kiawe's side quest end after you battle him? Seems like there's supposed to be more to it, but I can't find any way to progress it further. It left off on a really somber note, and I just want to help out the poor guy. Please tell me there's more.
>>
At E4, team is all level 47 and getting my ass kicked. Where should I grind? Want everyone around 51-52.
>>
Best way to get pokemoney?
>>
How do i get the portal st the altar of the moone to open? Ive tried at almost every hour of the day. Ive beaten e4, caught all legendaries, all that shit
>>
>>30204181
Try playing with level 41,
Best idea is X-items. They raised stats sharply so it can allow your pokemon to tank hits.
The best thing for low level runs.
>>
>>30204183
Fishing, easy way to get pearls. Also E4, more fun now that the last fight is random.
>>
File: alolan-grimer.png (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
alolan-grimer.png
117KB, 500x500px
Is alolan grimer viable in game? He evolves very late and I feel he would fall behind.
>>
>>30204181
WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY HUG IN THE GAME
also there aren't many good places to grind. that cave before the league is probably your best bet?
>>30204183
go to poni coast, use tauros to smash the rocks, find stardust starpiece and comet shards, sell, repeat. they have a high spawn rate there
>>30204208
depending on the time of the day you need to have solgaleo or lunala in your party for it to open
>>30204259
i've heard nothing but good things but haven't used it myself
>>
What's the easiest way to get bottle caps?
>>
>>30204208
As long as you haven't messed with your 3DS's clock or used PKHEX, it should open around 6:00pm, according to your 3ds's time. Make sure you have the legendary in your party as well.

>>30204095
Is there any kind anon that could possibly answer my question? I'm looking to build a comp A-Marowak for my team.

>>30204259
He's alright, you should prolly make sure he has poison point as an ability though. A-Muk's design is breddy gud too.

>>30204183
Fish fo pearls.
>>
>>30204274
Fug. Will just go in, fight E4 with exp share, lose, and rinse and repeat I guess. You lose basically no money so that cool.

Also yeah I wished you hugged her. Not going to lie, I really liked the characters. Played as the girl and honestly I preffer the heroine and her as friends then hero and her as love interests.
>>
>>30204364
I played as the girl too and although it's hard for me to lose my yuri goggles I totally get what you mean, Lillie and Chicken-chan have a pure friendship
it still broke my heart when she left ;_;
>>
>>30204146
Anyone have an answer for this?
>>
File: 01_tokay-gecko.jpg (996KB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
01_tokay-gecko.jpg
996KB, 2048x1371px
>>30204146
>>30204095
Can anyone answer these?
>>
Is there any way to take photos of your trainer in game and save them to your SD card, like you can with the Poke-Finder photos?
>>
Does anyone know if Liquidation can be bred onto a Dewpider? Waiting until level fucking 57 for Araquanid to learn it is ridiculous.
>>
I just realized I've been ignoring the QR scanner this whole time. According to serebii, I can do one Island Scan a day, but it takes 1-2 hours between QR scans? Do I need to scan once an hour for ten hours, or does it just mean I can scan ten times total before getting an hour cooldown from the first?
>>
>>30204259
Grimer and Muk seem like great walls, have a pretty large movepool, and their Alolan forms are cool looking to boot.
>>
>>30204095
>>30204455
so each pokemon has 3 ability slots, 2 normal and 1 hidden. when a pokemon evolves, it will get the ability its evolution has thats in the same slot as its prevo. so a pokemon with a hidden ability will always get its hidden ability when it levels up. in your rexample, cubone needs lightning rod to keep it for a-marowak.
of course also some pokemon only have 1 ability or whatever, not all of them have 3.
>>
>>30204519
when I did it the first time it let me scan 10 times in a row, then I had to wait until the next day to use it again
>>
>>30204543
Gotcha. Kind of a stupid limit, but whatever. Free pokemon every day.

Thanks for clarifying.
>>
Does the male Pokemon need to hold anything for his pokeball to pass down?
>>
What's the fastest way to increase friendliness so I can evolve a Golbat into a Crobat ASAP? Just got to that ranch on the second island as a reference.
>>
>>30204532
Thanks. Off to search for a Jolly Lightning-Rod Cubone now.
>>
File: 1478476470937.jpg (37KB, 366x336px) Image search: [Google]
1478476470937.jpg
37KB, 366x336px
chaining pokemon to EV train takes fucking forever, but the power items are locked behind facilities that I can't beat without optimized pokemon

there's got to be a fucking easier way. is there?
>>
>>30204588
Either do the massages or just run around for a while.
>>
>>30204588
Festival Plaza has Cafes that sell stuff to increase Friendship.
>>
Where's the npc that trades you a Granbull for a Bounsweet? Or maybe it was Steenee?
>>
Is there a way to change your expression from "dumb happy retard" to something a bit more neutral?
>>
Is this post-game, or what? What's the Moon version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8dQTQC6AkI&feature=youtu.be
>>
Can hats and glasses be dyed?
>>
how do you get pokemon with hidden abilities?
>>
>>30204612
PkHex :^)
>>
>>30204654
Sun only. Available after clearing 2nd island.
>>30204659
Anything white can be dyed.
>>
>>30204259
It's very good. By the time Grimer starts falling off you have Eviolite, which carries him until he evolves.
>>
>>30204681
Except bags and accessories and glasses.
>>
>>30204681
Yeah, but what's the equivalent in Moon?
>>
>>30204712
vs Mallow
>>
>>30204146
Still no answer? What the fuck, /vp/? I probably shouldn't, but I expect better from you.
>>
How the fuck do I get Ice Punch or Thunder Punch onto my Bewear? Who do I need to breed with?

Also, can the in-game gift Porygon get Adaptability on evolution to Porygon-Z?
>>
>>30204617
She's in the first town of Poni Island I think kinda near the center of the town? I just remember offhand that she was outside.
>>
>>30204755
It's a very roundabout process.

You need a Crabominable with Ice Punch or an Elekid with Thunder Punch, and you need a male Smeargle to Sketch it. Then you breed a female Stufful with the male Smeargle.
>>
How do I get more fucking boxes in my pc
>>
So I sent my mons into the cave in pelago and it tells me they'll be back in 23:31

Is that time of day or minutes?
>>
>>30204783
Every box needs to have 1 Pokemon in it, and you'll get more.
>>
>>30204774
Hm.
Does it need to be a female Stufful? My Bewear is male.
>>
>>30204791
It's hours. You speed it up using beans. Mechanics are straight out of a mobile game.
>>
>>30204720
wait, so the whole thing with searching for the ingredients isn't there? instead you fight him in the parking lot?

but then who do you fight at the volcano park in sun?

or am i fucking up already and confusing trials with totem battles.
>>
>>30204791
hours i meant
>>
How do I meet the professor? I want to get the lucky egg off him, but every time I see him, it leads to a conversation and then he walks off, never to be seen again. I just beaten the first kahuna, so what do I do in order to meet with him and get that egg?
>>
>>30204804
The trials are the same in every game. But Ilima, Lana, and Kiawe/Mallow have optional battles you can find as the story progresses. Usually it's by going to their house and talking to them.
>>
>>30204829
50 pokemans caught
>>
>>30204801
Yes. Do you even breed?
>>
>>30204829
Catch 50 Pokemon, then talk to him in his lab.
>>
>>30204691
Bags can be dyed.
Mine was white and I dyed it yellow.
>>
>>30204855
>>30204842
I did. He's not in his lab. He's never in his lab.
>>
>>30204829
>I want to get the lucky egg off him
Post game only, friend.
>>
>>30204850
No :( this is literally the first time I will attempt to enter the competitive scene

Thanks anon
>>
>>30204916
when two different pokemon breed, the baby will ALWAYS be the same species as the mother
>>
>>30204909
Oh for the love of. What horseshit!
>>
>>30204948
Good to know. What about breeding with Dittos tho?
>>
>>30204830
ah, totally missed those then. i went to all the houses in the game, in every city... just probably before i did the trial there so didn't see them?

>>30204916
>breeding rather than hacking
I like you.

>>30204990
Dittos always make the other Pokémon.
>>
>>30205002
you can still do them, they have some fun dialogue, but they're leveled for mid-game so you'll roll over them
>>
>>30204957
Exp share is enough to make the game turn into easy mode.
>>
>>30205002
Even though I pirated the game cuz I'm poor it feels dirty to hack.

Thanks guys. Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere I can read?
>>
What does putting poke beans in the hot spring isle do?
>>
>>30205040
You should buy it - get a job if you need to - to support the folks who make it and to ensure it gets even better sales.

And there is, but I don't have it off-hand since I don't breed much. Try googling for some links from the Pokémon reddit and such.
>>
>>30205040
>an idealistic pirate
This is rare.
>Thanks guys. Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere I can read?
Check sereebii or bulbapedia.
In gen 7 however you can breed hidden abilities with ditto now. That's the only difference that I know of so far.
>>
>>30205072
Pokemon gain happiness or progress towards hatching (for eggs) twice as fast for the duration.
>>
Are the Kahunas and Captains in the Battle Tree?
>>
>>30205156
Only Mallow so far that I have met in battle tree out of all captain.
>>
>>30205222
So I'm guessing that's a no on the Kahunas/Elite Four then

Weren't the Elite 4 in the Maison in X and Y?
>>
>>30205156
Trainers that you can fight in the Battle Tree
>Red
>Blue
>Wally
>Cynthia
>Grimsley
>Colress
>Anabel
>Dexio/Sina
>Kiawe/Mallow
>Guzma

Trainers that can fight you during League Title Defense
>Hau
>Sophocles
>Molayne
>Gladion
>Ryuki
>Plumeria
>Faba
>Hapu
>Youngster Tristan
>Professor Kukui
>>
Two things:
1. Has a new pickup chart been made yet?
2. Are max repels more economical than super repels for once?
>>
>>30205311
>Are max repels more economical than super repels for once?
Get repel for half the price from that discount mart instead.
>>
>>30205289
>No post-game rematch against the kahunas
fucking why

I want to battle Olivia more
>>
>>30205380
she's elite 4 you can battle her as much as you want
>>
>>30205380
olivia is literally in the elite four who you can battle as many times as you like
>>
Best place to get heart scales? I need to use the move relearner a lot
>>
>>30205380
everyone gets a post-game rematch except lana and ilima

nanu gets one in the UB sidequest, as well as fairy girl
>>
>>30205408
not sure if this is a thing, but that place in seafolk village gives you one once you buy their pasta dish or whatever
>>
>>30205424
>>30205289
Ilima and Lana are also in the Battle Tree.
>>
>>30205408
there's a restaurant that gives you them in konikoni city
>>
Where do I catch alomomola? The pokedex is showing me some water location that I can't physically get to
>>
>>30205398
>>30205397
it's not the same when title defense is a thing, fighting the elite four again feels silly
>>
Do mold breaker or infiltrator effect mimykyus disguise ability?
>>
Is there a grass spot at vast poni canyon?
>>
>>30205470
her team gets stronger on rematch. it just doesn't change, because there's no national dex in this game.

>>30205481
mold breaker yes, infiltrator no
>>
>>30204880
If I use bottlecaps for my pokemons IVs, will they stick into online or will they get reset to normal? I understand they don't truly change the IVs and only get flagged rather than hard change.
>>
>>30205488
Yes.
>>30205497
It will stick.
>>
are there any sandals in the game and if there are can i wear socks with them?
>>
Anyone know if changing the date and starting a new game will show the date I set on the in game ID? It's autistic but I don't wanna reset if it's gonna jump forward when I change it back to normal.
>>
Is Mimikyu good? Should I replace my Gengar with him? Aren't his base stats too low? His movepool doesn't seem particularly good either.

I'm concerned about how 3 of my pokes are weak to Ground.
>>
>>30205631
if you play as a girl, yes to both
dont know about boy
>>
>>30205631
Yes and yes.
>>
>>30205648
he's a fucking beast, but using him is easy mode
>>
>>30205640
I'm not sure I understand the question right, but if you were to, say, change your 3DS date to December 3rd and start your game, then jump back to November 25th, it would continue to say December 3rd on your trainer passport.
>>
>>30205648
Mimikyu was my MVP throughout the game
he has a decent movepool. Try Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Play Rough and maybe Leech Life since it got a huge buff
>>
>>30205662
How come? Upper 400s base stats doesn't seem very good when compared to Gengar's 500.
>>
What's the proper method to chaining for shiny pokemon?
Start encounter, use adrenaline orb, false swipe original pokemon, keep killing the pokemon it calls, kill original every 30 turns or so? Anything I'm missing? Keep hearing about breaking the chain somehow.
>>
>>30205679
Free Swords Dance.
>>
File: file.png (648KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
648KB, 1280x1280px
>>30205694
>Free Swords Dance.
SOON
>>
>>30205684
If you're chaining Pokemon without Sturdy:
False Swipe, Adrenaline Orb, Double Team helps a lot too. I kill the Pokes after 12-15 turns. Use Role-play or Skill Swap or whatever to check the abilites after 60-70 chains. Keep going until you find one.

If you're chaining Pokemon that explode:
This sucks.
You need a Pokemon with Damp, that probably won't learn False Swipe or an ability-checking move. I used a Poliwrath with Brick Break, Double Team and Body Slam for chaining Geodudes. Not that it worked.
>>
>>30205694
>>30205670
Alright. What nature should I go with?
>>
>>30205640
Yeah that is what I meant, sorry. I want to change the date back a few days and bring it back to normal once the save is made. I'm guessing if it works forwards it will work backwards. Thanks.
>>
>>30205670
>Leech Life
Come on, don't make the game too easy now.

>My Mimikyu had that setup, except Shadow Claw instead of Play Rough (level issue)
>Two Swords Dance
>Leech Life to instagib anything not resistant to bug
>Priority when you deal with FAGGOTS like Golbat and Magmar and their gay as fuck Confuse Ray
>Dark Slash that always seems to crit
>Literal free first turn, you can't fail

Mimikyu is too good.
>>
>>30204146
Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you fucking autists to ignore my question.
>>
>>30205663
>>30205740
Replied to wrong post.
>>
>>30205738
timid is probably good
mine is lonely and I didn't have the heart to replace it
>>
>>30205751
google it you shit
>>
>>30205751
glad we could help
>>
If a challenger beats you do they become the new champion who you have to come back and beat?

Also, what the hell is Colres doing there? He just shows up out of nowhere at one point in the game and only once after that, both times at the same place and does nothing of significance.

Why the fuck was he in this game? Just him showing up was enough to immediately put me on edge and I thought he'd have a bigger role.
>>
>>30205764
shit I didnt mean timid, durr
jolly
>>
>>30205798
no you just get dropped at a poke center, they half assed it
>>
>>30205746
>>30205819
Thx dudes
>>
can you "level up" your facilities in the festival plaza

like if I have a 1-star dye shop, is there any way to increase it? or is it forever a 1-star
>>
>>30205765
>telling me to google something
>in a questions thread

I looked it up before even making my post and couldn't find a proper answer, which is why I asked the question here in the first place.

>>30205776
Fuck you.
>>
Jolly or Adamant Type:Null? I know you can't breed so I'm soft-resetting
>>
>>30205908
Nope, pray to RNGsus.
>>
>>30205920
how would you rate this customer service experience?
>>
>>30205920
couldn't you have just bumped your question instead?
>>
>>30205933
Adamant
>>
>>30206020
I did, more than once.
>>
File: 1479814527170.jpg (32KB, 675x561px) Image search: [Google]
1479814527170.jpg
32KB, 675x561px
Can you save between making the second Cosmog appear and picking it up? I was thinking of copying a Moon save into Sun to get a good natured Solgaleo to trade back to myself, but I'm not sure if you'd be able to activate the event first with the legendary of the other version.
>>
Is there a list of what Poke Balls NPC trainers use?
>>
I fought Red at the entrance of the Battle Tree.
now I want to face Blue

how many battles do I need to win in the Battle Tree to get to him? what about Cynthia and Wally?

once Im done with them im just going to play online forever.
>>
>>30206045
Well, to give a disappointing answer, that IS the end of the sidequest as far as I can tell. Unless another event triggers a continuation, which I really doubt.
>>
Someone care to explain how the Haina-Desert works?

Also, is there a specific point with sandstorms or is it randomn? Can i trigger anything?

im about to get onto aether-ship again with gladion and i really need a gabite.
>>
How many times should I be chaining before I attempt to get lucky on capturing a hidden ability mon.

Farming geodudes right now, no way to really check if they have the ability or not without them going full Alola Akbar on me.
>>
I just beat the game. How can people say there's no post game? There's the battle tree, the ultra beast quest, catching the other 3 tapus, parts of poni island you couldnt get to before and a trial captain you havent fought yet. Am I missing anything else?
>>
>>30206819
They appear to the be random. It was sandstormy last night for me. I hope you managed to get a Goomy during that Po Town raid, both run-throughs it appeared to be perma-rain which is how Goomy appears.
>>
File: 1353557842061.jpg (214KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1353557842061.jpg
214KB, 1280x905px
What nature is ideal for Solgaleo? Not sure if I want Adamant, Jolly, or something suited for mixed attacking.
>>
>>30206954
unpleasable fanbase
>>
What is the best way to use the autism box?
Fast circles or slow circles in the same direction as your tauros? Do steps taken while not holding B still count?
>>
>>30206954
There's also a lot of shit to be found if you didn't actually try to access them before post-game. Like I didn't realize Seaward Cave existed until I had to look for Totodile. There's also the SUPER FUCKING UNDERWHELMING Pokefinder upgrades which adds a stamp to your passport. That was too much of a grind...
>>
Is there finally red hair in game?
>>
>>30207009
wine red at least

>>30206968
damn...is it still 6 hours for a weather change? or do they change randomly now
>>
Question about island scan

Can I collect 9 QR's, save game and load.
Will I still have those 9QR's scanned?
So I only need to scan only 1 QR so I can SR a female Chikorita easier
>>
>>30205436
Source?
>>
What's a good name for a shiny female snorunt? I've kind of gone with a demon/spirit kind of theme up to now (Andras, Harborym, Barbas, etc.), but I'm just looking for something that fits
>>
>>30206954
yeah, loads better than X/Y which was just shitty battle mansion and catching mewtwo
>>
are you meant to get all 18 type z crystals in the main game? looks like im missing 1 or 2
>>
>>30204519
The QR scanner holds up to 10 scans which each take 2 hours to recharge (only one can recharge at a time) so it takes 20 hours to get all 10 back. For every 10 QR codes you scan you can perform an Island Scan but only once a day.
>>
>>30207014
How do you unlock it?
>>
>>30207118
There's only one in the post game, I think

You might have missed the one in the desert?
>>
>>30207118
you can easily miss out on the psychic and flying ones. psychic is in the haina desert and flying in 10 carat hill
>>
>>30207134
no idea
>>
>>30205497
Yep they stick. Only time they aren't treated as 31 is in breeding, all other instances be they online or offline they're 31.
>>
>>30207134
wine red hair is unlocked after beating the league
for the girl at least, i would imagine it's the same for the boy
>>
>>30206109
Yeah it shows the cutscenes then you manually have to walk over and pick it up so you can save then. There's still a short like 5 second one of you bending over to look at it and it PEEEEWWWWing before joining your team, but that's nothing major.
>>
>>30206971
I'd go all in on physical attack instead of mixed desu, his SpA is pretty middling compared to his normal attack and not worth using in comp (if that's what you're looking at).
>>
this probably has been answered thousands of times already but I just cleared the game and the UBs quest, is there anything more to do besides the battle tree?
>>
>>30207213
Settled on Adamant. Don't think Nebby will outspeed much in Ubers.

Suppose I better lurk around Smogon for suggested natures for the Tapu and UBs.
>>
>>30207236
If you haven't already there's still Cosmog, Necrozma and the Tapus to catch, plus every time you rematch the E4 you get a different character as the champion defender battle.
>>
>>30207020
The QR scanned Pokémon depends on both the island and the day. It's not random. Check serebii
>>
Also, does anyone know where's the earliest flame/magma body Pokémon to obtain?
Gonna start breeding adamant Aqua jet wimpods, will do gts give aways or wonder trades when I got a box full.

Also, any online IV checkers for alola Mons?
>>
>>30207292
Yeah Serebii's IV checker already has all of them up.
>>
Do I have to fish for Barboach or is it in the water in Ohana?
>>
>>30207264
no I haven't, thanks man
>>
>>30207275
I know that.
Today it's Chikorita.
I just want to know can you scan 9 QR codes and save your game. Will the 9 QR codes still be there? So I dont have to Scan 10 codes everytime i reset my game.
>>
>>30207292
magby at the vomcano fire trial
or fletchfinder before the grass trial, outside at the top
>>
>>30207318
Thanks. Any place to instantly level up my stuff to 50? Only made it to battle Royale. Does that work?
>>
When does my character achive Bankai?
>>
>>30207360
Oh. I think it keeps. Haven't entirely checked myself. I scanned 10 times on another day, and it still keeps. I'm not sure if it keeps after you find the chikorita though
>>
>>30207146

wtf how did i miss haina desert
>>
>>30207727
I did too, it's because it's blocked at first
>>
Where do I get the Water Stone and it´s counterparts?
>>
>>30207795
Water Stone is in the water at the end of route 8

Thunderstone is behind the fossil guy's RV, also route 8

Fire stone is in Digletts tunnel

And after the grass trial, those 3 plus Leaf Stones can all be bought at Olivia's shop anyhow
>>
Do the Wimpod reappear each day?
>>
>>30207815
Allright, Thank you.
>>
>>30205465
Anyone?
>>
>>30207851
Looks like you need to fish in the Wishiwashi totem den based on the map
>>
There a good guide on the festival plaza? I mainly want to know about the one that boost EVs and shit but Serebii doesn't really have specifics
>>
Qustion 1: I keep seeing people say that you can breed hidden abilities with Ditto now. Do they mean that an Imposter Ditto can breed with any standard ability Pokemon with a chance to produce HA offspring? Because as far as I can tell, you could breed a HA Pokemon with a Ditto in Gen VI to produce HA offspring, so I don't know what else they could mean.

Question 2: If you're breeding an Alolan form Pokemon, is there any way to get one of the parents to pass on a nature using the Everstone without the offspring being in their original form? Like, is the offspring only in its original form if it's the mother that holds the Everstone, or is it either parent, or what?
>>
>>30207819
Wimpod can reappear randomly. Try entering and exiting the area repeatedly
>>
What is the best Pokémon that can learn false swipe and spore? I need One Pokémon to catch ultra beasts and tapus
>>
I have Y but not ORAS. Will I be able to get a mega Pidgeot/Beedrill stone in Sun/Moon?
>>
So can I do anything with QR codes if I only have one game and 3DS and no friends? All I want is the Island Scan for Johto and Unova starters.
>>
I just beat the poke league and i am fighting the elektro totem pokemon.
Can i beat it and come back later to catch it?
>>
>>30207967
Dittos's ability doesn't change anything, the other parent needs the HA. If breeding without Dittos, the female needs the HA
>>
Where's the mushroom maniac?
>>
>>30208042
yes
>>
>>30208047
I thought that a male HA breeding with a standard female could still produce a HA offspring, but only about 20% of the time, & that's how it's been since XYORAS?
>>
>>30205729
damp parasect.
>>
>>30208089
nope, never been the case
>>
>>30207968
Oh, okay. Next question, then: how the fuck did it manage to Wimp Out when I'd used Mean Look?
>>
>>30208114
It's part of its ability. Consider using Dusk (if applicable), Net or Quick Balls.
>>
>>30207969
Parasect, Breloom isn't in the game I think.
>>
>>30206954
You have to keep in mind that people are idiots. There are people who think Emerald had a great post game even though it literally just has the Pokémon Frontier and some legendaries.
>>
File: 1479414050398.png (379KB, 600x786px) Image search: [Google]
1479414050398.png
379KB, 600x786px
Is there a reason I only get half the points from doing Plaza requests? I used to get more but I don't know the reason why it changed.

Also which buildings are really recommendable? I went through the list and think I'll just go with the ones that give me free items and maybe some training facilities but maybe I'm missing something.
>>
>>30207969
Event Snorlax.
>>
Is there a guide to Haina Desert? I've found the Psychium Z and the Ruins, is there anything else? I remember somebody saying something about showing some guy a Lunatone/Solrock.
>>
>>30208244
Lunatones are currently impossible to find in either Sun or Moon.
>>
Does the Shiny Charm help the odds with SOS Chaining?
>>
Is Seaward Cave postgame-only? Can't find a way to get into it from Melemele Meadow.
>>
>>30208011
There's an imgur album for them. Google it up
>>
>>30208325
Never mind, I'm retarded.
>>
File: 1480039865469.jpg (588KB, 801x1557px) Image search: [Google]
1480039865469.jpg
588KB, 801x1557px
Where can i find this shirt?
>>
When does the next day in pokemon start and can you reset and get the mystery gift pokemon again?
>>
How do weather SOS battles work. Just if the weather condition is present they have a chance of jumping in on any pokemon on that route?
>>
File: 2bach.jpg (56KB, 480x591px) Image search: [Google]
2bach.jpg
56KB, 480x591px
How do I get a good picture of my character? I want to show off my chicken's outfit but I can only figure out how to screenshot my 3DS' lower screen. I've tried like everything that I know of, every option in the game, I've even gone to the festival plaza and looked at all the shops to see if there was some kind of camera booth and there wasn't.

There's gotta be a way, right? I mean all this customization and they wouldn't want you to be able to get some decent pictures of it?
>>
>>30208479
Pretty much yeah
>>
>>30208572
Take a photo on the trainer card
>>
Why is Sludge Wave straight up better than Sludge Bomb in every way?
>>
>>30208603
It's not, Sludge Wave is 10% chance to poison compared to 30%
>>
Is there a way to see how many EV's a Pokemon has in a given stat?
>>
How much do I have to pay for the daycare this generation?

I heard, that they don´t increase a pokemons level anymore, so I´m not sure, if they even charge something.
>>
>>30208639
press Y on the status screen

>>30208656
>>
Should I switch Snorlax for Bewear? I don't have any fighting type on my team.
>>
>>30208346
anyone?
>>
>>30208001
bump
>>
>>30204095
So I just caught my last UB (Glutton) and have 35 beast balls left.

Is there any use for these now?
>>
>>30208001
They're not in the Alolan dex so I doubt it.
>>
>>30208760
Not unless you're a breeder.
>>
If the IV calculator shows up as 30/30/31/xx/30/30
Is it safe to assume it's all 31 except for that last one? I used a hacked 6 IV Ditto as one of the parents, and a xx/31/31/xx/xx/xx for the other
>>
Where's the move relearner located?
>>
Do repels stop Ultra Beasts?
>>
Where do I find Anabel after completing the UB quest? (besides battle tree) She said something about meeting Nanu but I can't find him either.
>>
>>30208917
Did you remember the Destiny Knot?
>>
>>30204612
I've heard of people losing in Royale because you still get some points. Time consuming but I'm from Monster Hunter, the grind is what I live for. You might try that.
>>
>>30208327
Thanks anon. Is the Island Scan Pokemon random, or can I reset until it is a certain Pokemon?
>>
>>30208982
Yep. It doesn't matter which parents its on, right?
>>
>>30209029
Correct. And if you used a Destiny Knot and parents with the the IVs you listed then the only explanation is indeed round-off error and the 30's (or at least most of them) are actually 31's. But you know you can check in game, right?
>>
>>30208266
bump?
Need to know if I can start Shiny Hunting now or if I wait until I complete the dex.
>>
>>30209063
Yes the Shiny Charm increases shiny encounters in every respect.
>>30208922
Pokemon Center outside the Pokemon League.
>>30208928
If your party is a high enough level then yes.
>>
File: mllw.png (249KB, 580x229px) Image search: [Google]
mllw.png
249KB, 580x229px
>>30204146
All three(Kiawe and Mallow are version exclusive, unfortunately) seem to end on that weird hook("The way they looked in that battle stood out to you" or some shit). Idk if there's more to it after that, but I've not heard or found anything.

Could possibly be set up for the 3 of them in SM2, assuming they go that route.
>>
>>30204095
You only need Lightningrod, both Cubone and Marowak have the same abilities.
>>
I remmeber an anon saying there was a guy who would give you something if you show him a Pokemon related to the Sun or Moon. Where is that and what does he give you?
>>
>>30209087
Is there any source on the Shiny Charm helping SOS? It didn't help at the Friend Safari or Dexnav iirc.
>>
What's the path to get a Wimpod with Aqua Jet? I have a female Wimpod and I have a male Bruxish with Aqua Jet so who do I first breed with the male Bruxish to pass down Aqua Jet?
>>
Do we have any information on what the Masuda Method rate is for this game? Or at least what the rate was for XY? I don't have shiny charm but want to get an idea of what my odds are right now.
>>
>>30204095
I just know that HA Cubone will evolve to Rock Head A-Marowak, as retarded as that sounds.
>>
>>30209052
I'm not yet that far, but thank you anyway. Might do a give away once I find a male one with 5/6 IVs.
>>30209020
Check serebii. The days of the week affect which Pokémon you find. For example, you always find honedge on the 2nd island every Wednesday.
>>
>>30209161
I don't think Bruxish and Wimpod are compatible, but if they were than that's all you would need to do.

Its a bit easier to get Aqua Jet on wimpod in sun than moon, simply get the tirtouga fossil, save before reviving it, and keep soft resetting until you get male. It comes with aqua jet and can be bred with Wimpod.

Otherwise you're best bet is Surskit.
>>
>>30209224
That's unfortunate as I'm in Moon so Surskit it is. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>30209257
In case you want one r i g h t n o w
I'll trade you one, anon. Adamant with Aqua jet. Different one you're replying to but I'm making 5/6 IV wimpods.
>>
Where do i get the master ball? I'm at team skull town.
>>
>>30209273
That'd be great if you don't mind. GTS? If so do you have any preference as for what I should put up?
>>
File: 1475423901875.png (227KB, 869x717px) Image search: [Google]
1475423901875.png
227KB, 869x717px
Which pelago islands help the most with breeding (assuming there's any to begin with)?
>>
>>30209316
That would be Isle Avie because it hatches eggs as one of its functions. Also here's a great guide on all of Pelago:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/pokemon-sun-and-moon-poke-pelago-guide-poke-beans-ev-training-egg-hatching-and-more-569733
>>
>>30209288
A little bit later in the story. You get it in a cutscene so you cant miss it.
>>
>>30209315
Gimme anything you want. But in 5 or so minutes. Would you rather want a 4 IV one or one with pokerus? They're not mutually exclusive but I can't remember right now.
>>
>>30209350
Pokerus would be great but either is fine. I'll throw up a Metapod in like 3 minutes and ask for a lv 1-10 Wimpod so noone else fulfills the trade but if you want something after lemme know. I don't know where your dex is at but I have extras of pretty much every new Mon.
>>
>>30209390
Got an extra honedge? Dunno if those are breedable but wouldn't want to wait 4 more days to find out. Nature doesn't matter, or suggest me a nature to breed onto it if ever.
Thanks.
>>
Where about is the clothe store where I can buy button up shirts? I saw it after getting to the second island I think, but I can't find it again
>>
>>30209087
It's on the 3rd island? Can be accessed before going to the 4th?
>>
>>30209422
I actually don't have any Honedge in Gen 7 ( although I have like 5 boxes in ORAS :( ) but you're welcome to any of the following:
Calm Drampa (up to 2 relevant IVs)
Bold Turtonator
Female Salandit
Bulletproof Jangmo-o (1IV)
Dhelmise
>>
Is there any good levelling spot post-E4 besides challenging the E4 over and over?
>>
Is there still some post game stuff I'm missing?

- Catch all Ultra Beasts
- Get Type: Null
- Catch all Tapu's
- Explore new areas + Battle Tree
- Enter parallel world and get Cosmog

Or was that all of it?
>>
Where can i get ditto´s?
>>
>>30209481
A female salandit can suffice, I guess. Any nickname you want for the wimpod? It's female, by the way.
Gimme IGN and tell me when it's up. I'll confirm it's IVs by giving it a couple levels if you don't mind.
>>
>>30209502
Brown grass below the observatory.
>>
>>30209490
Pretty much it.
Also complete Zygarde I guess
>>
>>30209509
perfect thanks
>>
>>30209517
I forgot to mention Necrozma

>Also complete Zygarde I guess
Don't care about last gen's leftovers.
>>
File: 1398211795219.png (42KB, 148x155px) Image search: [Google]
1398211795219.png
42KB, 148x155px
Does dyed clothing look the same as version exclusive ones? Also does dying replace the white clothing in your inventory, or does it count as new piece?
>>
>>30209508
Nah no need for the nickname I'm gunna breed it for the last IV it needs anyways. Metapod should still be up unless some autist took the trade. Just throw anything on the GTS and ask for a female Salandit and I'll accept it. IGN? Mine's Red. Also no problem on the levels.
>>
>>30209545
My wimpods up as well. IGN Arisa. Message is the one with a lot of potential I think. I'll trade it for your metapod too to be sure
>>
Is there a way to play this without DS or w4 shit it is for?
>>
>>30209596
You can emulate it with Citra.
>>
>>30209581
Just occurred to me that I don't know how to find what you put up (never been on this end of the deal before, lol). Do I go to seek pokemon? If so what after that?
>>
How long does it take for Eevee or the three starters to hatch?
>>
>>30208600

Okay but how do I get that photo out of the actual game?

Like you know how when you take a picture of wild pokemon with the rotomdex, you can save it to the SD card and then upload it online, is there a way to do that with your character?
>>
>>30209660
Can't you press home and upload the suspended image to any image hosting site or miiverse like on the Wii U?
>>
>>30209660
thats something i´d like to know too
>>
>>30209652
Seek a Pokémon, then input wimpod. Then look for mine. IGN Arisa, yeah. I forgot to put the destiny knot on the parent when I bred the one I sent you, I effed up. I think the one I gave for your metapod should be alright, though. Happy breeding anon.

Also, if you don't mind, gimme a good golisopod name. Was thinking of Meruem after HxH's chimera ant King but other options are nice too
>>
>>30209509
is there a 5%chance fr one or do i have to chain them? just getting fearows and those stone meteor thingys
>>
>>30209689
Is it possible that somebody else fulfilled your trade? I'm not seeing it. In regards to the nickname I also planned on naming then one I breed Meruem for the same reason. Either that or name him Togashi so whenever you're battling with it and it faints you can take comfort in seeing "Togashi has fainted!" because the genius bastard is never going to finish the manga.
>>
>>30209733
No chain needed, I found mine fairly quickly.
>>
>>30209733
http://serebii.net/pokearth/alola/mounthokulani.shtml

10%
>>
How do you mega evolve? I have a stone but the option isn't there to mega evolve
>>
>>30209738
Ironically enough, it was indeed sniped. I don't mind, though. Enjoy your wimpod, anon.
tfw togashi will never finish the manga with his crazy manga disease. And now it's spreading to other good mangakas of jump like ashihara of WT and the guy from BnHA
>>
>>30209774
I think they need to hold it
>>
>>30209795
Salamance is holding a salamencite
>>
Where do I get Porygon? I know an Aether House, but which one?
>>
>>30209821
Do you have a mega ring?
>>
I just wanna use cute clothes and I always go back to the cloth shop to see if I can buy new stuff but it doesn't seem so. I can't get the ribbons or cute hats, neither the fancy punk shortpants or striped socks and shirts.
I checked all the shops and I'm on the last island in the seafolk village.
Will they unlock after postgame or do I have to farm those clothes in the festival plaze?

help
>>
>>30209776
Will do, thanks again for the Wimpod that saved me quite the chain. If you change your mind and want something else I mentioned earlier just ask for "Red" in whatever Sun/Moon Q/A is up--I should pretty much be here until Monday when Uni starts up again.

He snuffed Yu Yu Hakusho and is well on his way to snuffing HxH, while spreading lazy content creator cancer all over the community.
http://prntscr.com/dbo6v4
>>
Where are all the spots to go back and use Machamp Strength after getting it?

I got 10 Carat Hill, Lush Jungle, and Ruins of Life but I feel like i'm missing a couple
>>
>>30209490
>Enter parallel world and get Cosmog
Can you catch the other version's exclusives there?
>>
>>30209835
Forgot that was even a thing. Just looked it up and am getting it now
>>
I just put my 2 pokemon in the day care centre.

How long do I have to wait until they give an egg?
>>
>>30209885
Is there some sort of secret to fishing? Every single time I try it, I only get Magikarp (even when I fish when the water is bubbling).
>>
>>30204612

I just used Pelago to establish myself then did the tree.
>>
Necrozma doesn't get a boost from Beast Balls, right? I don't want to waste them
>>
>>30209929
Just hop on Taurus and run up and down for a while, until the ranch lady in front of the shed stands there with her arms crossed.

Pokemon usually go at it like rabbits so expect getting more eggs than you can breed even with flame body.
>>
>>30209960
Nope
>>
Anyone know the best method for getting female Salandit?
>>
If I hand over my Charjabug holding a Rare Candy to a friend who has access to Vast Poni Plains, can he evolve the Charjabug instantly, or does he still have to xp grind a bit to level normally?
>>
>>30209987
Either breeding or SOS chaining.
>>
>>30209987
Catch a male and breed it with a ditto.
>>
>>30209845
anyone ?
>>
>>30209091
That? That just means you unlocked their battle style, which can be changed by the guy at the garbage plant north of Malie City.
>>
>>30209987
It doesn't take very long using either chaining or just spamming encounters.
>>
>>30210008
Every island has a different clothing shop to buy things at.
Check the map over different areas and cities to see what stores it has
>>
>>30209882
Diglett Tunnel, definitely.
>>
Does anyone know if Repels also stop fishing encounters? I was hoping they would so I could just get "bites" on high value items.
>>
>>30210063
this I know. but they dont have any shoes, or ribbons and this kind of stuff. I cant get any cool stuff from them like the people in the plaza wear. Thats why I asked if you unlock more stuff after postgame. Or if I need to buy all thoae things from the plaza because I dont have them ? Alsk cant find the flower hat in all of the shops. Thats why I asked because I'm curious.
>>
When I check what pokemon spawn in a route on Serebii, it says:

Additional S.O.S. Slot:

What does that mean?
>>
>>30210107
No i don't think anything unlocks post game asides from the Team Skull shirt
>>
How do I get castform?

Do I use rain dance and then SOS at the island?
>>
Where the fuck are your GTS Pokemon placed?

I traded in a 2 littens for rowlet and popplio and they both vanished from my PC boxes.
>>
>>30210126
Pokémon that can call an SOS can call potentially one of two SOS mons. The first slot is more common, while the "additional" slots are rarer.
>>
>>30210010
Really? Fuck me, I spoke to that guy like once
>>
>>30210221
Ahh ok that makes sense, was wondering why Sableye wasn't appearing in ten carat hill
>>
File: IMG_20161125_093248.jpg (803KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161125_093248.jpg
803KB, 3264x2448px
>>30210001
>>30210007
>>30210040
>>30209987
Lol never mind 20 minutes later :D
>>
whats the best post game grinding spot?
>>
>>30210289
XDDDD
>>
im getting pretty close to endgame, is there a general list on what natures the legendary should have for fighting online?
>>
Does Lillie's diary ever get more content the further you go in the postgame? I've read so many people say she talks a lot about the MC in it but I barely see anything?
>>
>>30210107
There's a mall in Melemele Island that has them, including designer clothes. Expensive though
>>
>>30208917

Just use the ingame judge function. If it says best, it's 31.
>>
>>30210479
You can read her diary?
I tried once but it says it was locked.
>>
>>30210621
Post-game only
>>
The superficial boost rewarded frpm "IV boosting" a Pokemon with bottle caps applies to all battling (meaning regular play, battle tree, and online), correct?
>>
>>30209173

Shiny rates are untouched from X/Y aside from S.O.S chaining.
>>
File: 1478874960072.jpg (128KB, 1121x633px) Image search: [Google]
1478874960072.jpg
128KB, 1121x633px
Is it possible to breed a hidden ability pokemon into a new pokeball? The changes make it seem like it's impossible now
>>
Is there a national in the game? If yes, does it only activate post game?
>>
Does Flame Body/Magma armour stack when hatching eggs?
>>
>>30210686
It will always take the female ball or whatever is not ditto?

I wonder why they don't have an NPC yet that can transfer your mons from one ball to another.
>>
>>30210732
Yes female still has priority but if you do that I don't think the hidden ability passes from male to female, correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>30210812
Hidden ability only is passed on from female unless you use a ditto.
>>
>>30210835
>Ball can't be swapped with ditto
>Ball can't be swapped with male to female
>Hidden ability can't be swapped if on male
Well shit it's impossible
>>
>>30210662

Yes.
>>
How do you respawn wimpods?
>>
What purpose do shards serve in this gen?
>>
>>30211043
Reload the area. So just walk in and out
>>
>>30209347
Nice. Thank you anon
>>
File: c3-3-troll08.gif (550KB, 728x720px) Image search: [Google]
c3-3-troll08.gif
550KB, 728x720px
how do i make godlike Goodra ? it's really cute but i dont know how to build it
>>
>>30204095
How can I get Popplio in my pokedex so I can trade for him
>>
>>30211315
just type his name in "what pokemon"
>>
can I capture tapu Koko later? Kind of annoying that you're throwin in the fight with it with no option to save beforehand.
>>
>>30211043
>>30211081
Worth noting that it's not a guaranteed spawn in my experience. I had to keep reloading the area until eventually one appeared.
>>
>>30211456
i saw some post said you can rematch with him at altar or something, not sure
>>
>>30211456
Just like every single legendary for several gens now, if you fight the elite four it respawns any legendaries you have defeated but not caught.
>>
Lucky egg. chanseys?
and if yes, where are they?
>>
>>30210812
>>30210835

I noticed breeding a male eevee in a regular pokeball and female eevee in a premier ball

It seemed to make a 50/50 split in regular and premier eggs, I got plenty of both
>>
>>30211489
I actually didn't know that
>>
Does Mudsdale's ability Stamina activate through a sub too?
>>
Is there a better way to get Beans for pelago than the fucking tree? I keep feeling like I'm short. Especially since I want to save the rainbow ones for Refresh stuff.
>>
>>30211657
every pokemon center get something at the cafe spot. you get 10 of a kind every time, i believe once a day.

so every centre 10 per day, that´ll do it for a while
>>
>>30211657
Drink at a cafe once a day as well
>>
>>30211456
>>30211489
In Koko's case, the first match with him doesn't really count. You can go rematch him almost immediately.
>>
What are the mons you can only fish for?

Don't need locations, gonna trade for them all.
>>
>>30211763
Magikarp (99%)
Feebas (1%)

yeah
>>
>>30211763
chinchou with 1%
>>
Can one sell me on Salandit? Is it worth a spot on the team?
>>
>>30211822
Only females
>>
i want to get my lucky-egg from kukui, but fuck hes nowhere to be found.

im right at the spot where lillie was abducted into aether island.
>>
What are the best places to level up in the post game?
>>
>>30211822
It's fast unlike everything else in Alola, I liked using it in my playthrough
>>
>>30211888
think it might be post-E4
>>
>fucking farming lapras for like 4 hours surfing on her fatass
>switch to sharpedo and torpedo around for 2 seconds lapras first spawn
>>
>>30212152
then fuck. my team is 40-45 and i need to pull gible at least onto 48...

time for grinding then
>>
Does the normal zmove get affected by -iate type abilities?
>>
What am I doing wrong here? I have Moon. It's night. I have Lun in my party. Yet when I get to the portal it says I can't transverse it yet.
>>
Where does Zygarde learn the new moves? I'm at the crystal to assemble the Zygarde but I don't see the options to teach new moves. I have a 50% Zygarde with Power Construct, if that's important.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.