[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GUYS SHOULD I USE THE EXP SHARE OR IS IT STILL BROKEN?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

GUYS
SHOULD I USE THE EXP SHARE OR IS IT STILL BROKEN?
>>
>>30192227
You are only at most 4 levels above unless you use traded mons and abuse refresh like I did. And even then it was only 6 levels above the e4 at average.
>>
Do it. Near the end of the game everyone's levels start to rise by 2 or 3 levels at a time, so level 40-42 pokemon exist while you may have level 36's.
>>
>>30192309
None of my Pokemon were over leveled aside my main one and only by a few.
>>
>>30192227
use exp share but change your battle style to set
>>
>>30192227
I haven't used it at all and I'm currently around 2 levels lower than the wild pokemon, my last kahuna battle had pokemon around 5-6 levels higher than me.
It's challenging, but not as fun because I have to spam healing items in some battles just to eke out a win with one mon on 25% health.
I'd much rather be on even footing with my opponents and use switching and strategy to win.
I'm honestly considering restarting my run and running a rotating roster of 9.
tl;dr exp. share is nowhere near as broken as it was in gen VI
>>
>>30192227

The game will be more difficult without it. If you want more of a challenge, then don't use it. Simple.

However, the game is still decently challenging even with using it.
>>
Turn it on but ignore up battles, there's no need to grind. I swapped my lead pokemon throughout and ended up at the same level as the e4.
>>
>>30192678
That should read "wild battles", sorry
>>
>>30192227
played without it so far.
just beat the fire trial and i never fainted once.
it was a bit tough in the very early game, since i ditched my starter, but it became pretty managable.
>>
>>30192227
turn it off, change the battle mode to set and BAM the game is 50% more challenging
>>
>>30192227
Battle style at set is what really helps the challenge. It's not as fun with exp share off since the game is balanced around it.
>>
>>30192375
Horse shit, you probably think being the same level as the game's designated 'challenging' opponents isn't being overleveled. They are supposed to be higher level than you, that's what makes them worthwhile fights at all despite dogshit AI, bad moves, no items and no EVs.
>>
Battle mode to Set. Turn off Exp Share to see if you can manage without but don't feel too bad about turning it back on if it's too much. I'm on the 4th Island and my team is lower leveled than wild Pokemon. It's rough, but that's the experience I want to have.

>>30195591
>No EVs

I'll give you the rest, but important trainers have EV trained Pokemon in this game. If you don't have a good counter you'll really feel that 252 attack on Guzma's bugs.

http://pastebin.com/raw/vkaZNTra
>>
>>30192227
turned it off at the beginning of the game

NOT NEEDED AT ALL. All of my pokemon are EQUAL to every trainer im coming across

Just made it to e4 will update as needed
>>
>>30196125
You're going to get rekt
>>
i say just refresh all your mons 2 hearts for the 1.2x boost and dont run exp shares, makes it fun and feel like old pokemon to me
>>
>>30192227
you'll be 3-4 levels above things until the 4th island and by the e4 you're 2-3 levels below the final dude unless you grind on wild mons
>>
>>30192227
It's not nearly as bad now thanks to Gen 5 scaling. I used it and had a fun time. Plenty of challenging totem battles.
>>
>>30192227

It's not broken this time around. The level curve is pretty good for Gen 7, and only starts to fall off late game because of the lack of final battles.

If you don't use the EXP share and you use a team of six, by the time you get to the E4, your team will be around the high 40's or early 50's.
>>
File: Dream-703.png (74KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dream-703.png
74KB, 300x300px
>not at the 4th island
No, no need for it

>at the 4th island
Yes, assuming you have a team of 4 at level 40 or less
>>
>>30192227
I'd say leave it off if you're at or above the average trainer's level, but you'll probably want to turn it on for the 4th island. You need to get to 50 something quick.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.