[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologize.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

File: a-marowak[1].png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a-marowak[1].png
118KB, 500x500px
Apologize.
>>
im sorry UB killer
>>
>>30182605
I'm sorry your mother is dead
>>
>>30183056
She's taking care of your faggot UBs and Tapus in the afterlife, faggot.
>>
>>30182668
How is this thing a UB/Tapu killer?
>>
>>30182605
If apologize if your signature move didn't come one level BEFORE YOU FUCKING EVOLVE YOU PIECE OF SHIT.
>>
>>30183976
Has very good matchups against Xurkitree, Pheromosa, Kartana, and all of the Tapu except Fini. Ghost/Fire plus solid physical bulk means that these pokemon have to carry really niche shit like HP ground to to effectively deal with him.
>>
>>30182605

Alolan Marowak is mind-blowingly good in OU, and in hindsight, I don't know how nobody predicted it.

It's the new Heatran.
>>
>>30182605
sorry UB killer
>>
File: Alola Marowak Is Awesome.png (585KB, 1166x657px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Marowak Is Awesome.png
585KB, 1166x657px
>>30182605
I believed in you ever since I saw your move pool. I'm just sorry I didn't understand the meta well enough to figure out your place sooner.
>>
>>30184465
To be fair, you had to put together the pieces. He's good for the same reason that Arcanine is now really good in BSS. He's anti-meta. He'll get a boost in usage when Aegislash is banned, but probably fall a bit when Pheromosa and Genesect are banned.

He'll still be OU though.
>>
Took me until the trial to notice it has a skeleton pattern on its back.
>>
>>30182605
Base Stats - Total: 425
nty
>>
Mon is actually amazing in the current meta. It works so nicely, pleasantly surprised with how this one turned out. Most of the Alolan mons are heavily flawed, but not this guy!
>>
>>30185049
Azumarill has lower BST :^)
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
This shit is ass. You have wait until endgame to get the move re-learner for it to shit
>>
>>30182605
Why isn't there an Alolan Khangaskhan?
>>
>>30185049
thiccc club my friend
>>
>>30185164
it already has a retarded mega and because fuck that thing that's why
>>
>>30182605
i always liked you lil bro, that's why I have trained you up since you were a lil cubone and you're a strong member in my team!
>>
>>30185189
Why don't any of the Alolan's have mega's?

Why the fuck do mega's even exist?

Aren't Alolan's just like Dark Digimon... wait aren't Mega's just like Digimon's crest evolved forms?

Why the fuck am I playing pokemon?

Oh yeah no good digimon games since the 90's
>>
>>30185164
no mega pokemon got aloha forms or ever will.
>>
>>30185258
>alolan raichu is a dark digimon
>alolan exeggcutor is a dark digimon
>alolan vulpix is a dark digimon
>alolan sandshrew is a dark digimon

'no'
>>
>>30185258
first gf made retcon evos (rhyperior), then it was hidden abilities, then they made megas, now its regional forms. all of them were ways to give new utility to old pokemon but they retire them after a few gens, pretty gay
>>
>my favorite alolan form actually turned out to be viable because of muh UBs and tapus
>>
I'm having trouble with koko so I will try this lil fella. What moveset do you use?
>>
>>30185638

try something like this, anon

(Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Swords Dance/something else/wisp/idk
>>
>>30185693
It gets sneaky pebbles too :)
>>
>>30185693
Is the speed investment necessary given it's slow as fuck?
>>
>>30185693
That's pretty good, but I'd personally would go eq instead of bonemerang
>>30182605
Also sorry for doubting you, I legitimately thought you were the most cucked of the bunch since you didn't even get a bst rearrangement nor an alolan pre-evo
At least now you're good and I have a valid reason for keeping that jolly marowak in my AS game
>>
>>30185693
Don't get speed, get HP. Maybe 8 speed to outspeed other Marowaks.
>>
>>30185745
dem bebbles!

>>30185782
i honestly have no idea friendo, i'm a mere pleb when it comes to knowing this shit. I just hang out in showderp from time to time and I'm aware of the way a-marowak is strong in the current meta. I wish I could be able to say 'with 252 speed it woudl be outspeeding this check or that check but i honestly don't know.

>>30185786
cool

>>30185809
that sounds cool to me as well
>>
>>30182605
>fragile as fuck with no speed and 5 common weaknesses
>doesn't even have rock head for flare blitz
>>
>>30185693
Personally I run this

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp

(the speed is to outspeed Aegislash with 4 Spe EVs and Marowaks made to outspeed Aegislash)

Been working pretty well and it really dicks opponents over.
>>
>>30185883
Rock Head is its Hidden Ability, Anon.
>>
>>30185891
that's great! That's exactly what anons were looking for. Ty for sharing friendo.
>>
>>30185891
>outspeeding edgesword
Wouldn't it use shadow sneak to fuck you up?
>>
>>30185693
>>30185809
you want enough speed to beat uninv base 70s which is like 200 neutral
jolly seems like a waste though since most of the things between there and its cap either run enough speed to guarantee it wont win or threaten it enough that staying in is a gamble regardless
things like defensive lando and washtom arent gonna be afraid of that thing, and dnite/gyara are gonna outspeed you every time
only thing that might be really worth eving for is heatran, and thats only if earth power starts seeing more standard use to specifically deal with both maro and toxapex
but then if a heatran is running coverage specifically for you its definitely gonna be running exactly enough speed to creep you at jolly max so thats probably irrelevant
>>
>>30185985
Marowak takes it suprisingly well
>252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola: 150-176 (46.4 - 54.4%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO
And besides, they don't think Marowak will be trying to outspeed them anyway.
>>
I have 5 cubones - Adamant with HA (So Marowak gets Rock head upon evo) if anybody wants them. Put something in GTS with the tag "I want to fill my pokedex"
>>
>>30186129
can i get a female pls?
putting up a aqua jet wimpod
>>
>>30185786

Bonemerang breaks through sub. Worth the 10% accuracy loss imo.
>>
>>30185258
Cyber Sleuth
>>
>>30186209
Sent
>>
>>30186339
in a dusk ball too?
you the man
>>
>>30186129
Just put up a machoke.
Thanks in advance
>>
>>30186129
I thought marowak HA is battle armor?
>>
>>30186498
Don't see it
>>
>>30186572

No. Cubone's HA is battle armor. When it evolves its HA turns into Rock Head.

If cubone had rock head though its ability turns into cursed body because reasons.
>>
>>30182605
Thank you designated Magnezone slayer. Watching the AI hopelessly lob thunder waves at you was a treat.
>>
>>30182605
Shadow Bone absolutely ruins Mimikyu users as well since Disguise can't stop it
>>
>>30184512

wait, does rock head and flare blitz stack?
>>
>>30182605

NO

>They didn't rearrange its stats to make it a speedy but frail attacker even though it looks a lot slimmer and is an agile dancer.
>>
>>30186670
How does Shadow Bone get past Disguise?>>30186749
Also yes Rock Head prevents Flare Blitz recoil. But in competitive an electric immunity may be more useful.
>>
>>30186129
Could I have one? I'll breed it well. I put up a Wingull and my name is Liiam. Much appreciated!
>>
>>30186585
I got sniped...Putting up an ariados this time
>>
Is A-Marrowak with Thicc Bone or Salazzle a better fire type tobuse in-game? I know that Marrow is great for the meta, but how is he?
>>
>>30187130
i use marowak in game, i don't have a thick (thicc) bone yet coz i dnno where to get one, wish I did. But anyway, my marowak uses flame charge as I enjoy the speed boost. And he does good enough for my tastes. Hope that helps.

Btw, i'll often pop a swords dance, flame charge, then bonemerang or ghost bone. It's fun.
>>
>>30187130
You'll have to rely on Flame Charge for like all the way up to the Pokemon League and/or it reaches L53. You also won't have a Ghost STAB, because Shadow Bone is learnt at L27 and it evolves at 28... and it can't learn Shadow Claw through TM.

It's... rough. Bonemerang does a ton of damage with Thick Club regardless, and even Flame Charge can hit hard, but it's not going to be ideal for a long time.

I don't know about Salazzle though, really dislike its design so I didn't bother with it.
>>
For what ? Loving it at first sight ?
>>
>>30182605
I have nothing to apologize for, I kept the faith. I knew it failed on paper but when matched up against the popular meta it has great typing. It's the same thing with last gen's cancerous meta. I was able to run underperforming beasties like Tyrantrum and Omastar against all the smogon birbs, genies and other shit to great effect. No one ever saw it coming.
>>
>>30187187
Just hunt Cubones, they have it as a held item. Use a Butterfree with Compoundeyes and Thief to steal it from them.
>>
>>30187222
>tfw popping off ancient powers on smogon birbs with omastar

such a good feel
a lot of instant disconnects :P

>>30187240
that's great advice, ty anon.
>>
>>30187187
Wild cubone. Just go to the volcano and repeatedly use thief when cubone call for reinforcements.
I got extremely lucky and got one off the second cubone, so my marowak hits way harder than anything else on my team.
>>
>>30182605
I ALWAYS BELIEVED IN YOU.
>>
>>30185258
>Oh yeah no good digimon games since the 90's
???
>>
Trick Room is meme or useful?
>>
>>30187618
Trick Room teams are a meme. Trick Room itself is not. People want to make entire teams based around the ability but it's hard to set up and far too predictable. If you have a team that can function effectively with or without it, it's amazing when you can pull a fast one and crush with slow pokes.
>>
Is Lightning Rod that crucial? I would think no recoil flare blitz outweighs a thunderbolt for coverage plus you can bluff the Lightning Rod.
>>
>>30188366
Rock Head is also solid, but this thing right now is huge against Tapu Koko who is an absolute beast. Switching in against one of its electric attacks makes it a real good counter to Koko, and no Lightingrod won't be letting you do that.

The immunity is pretty important, as it also helps against other things running rampant right now. But if you think you can deal with electric mons and don't need Wak to take care of them, I think Rock Head is a perfectly fine alternative...
>>
This guy is a legitimate threat. I usually require my Mandibuzz to get rid of him.
>>
>>30185049
Thick club turns it into a 505 BST with no drawbacks.
>>
What ability is best for this Mon?
>>
>>30182605
unironic apology here
I never thought this Pokemon would be anything past the bottomest bottom tier
>>
>>30189345
Lightning Rod. Being immune to electric attacks is more useful than it sounds even if you don't take advantage of the SpA boost
>>
File: 1479242828712.png (254KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479242828712.png
254KB, 1024x576px
>Marowak finally became usefull after nearly 20 years
I knew thing will be good once I saw the new typing, Ghost/Fire is just miles better then pure Ground since this way you actual usefull resistance and immunities.
>>
>>30188366
Lightningrod fucks over Magnezone and Tapu Koko, both of which are everywhere right now, and makes Marowak an outright counter to them

Recoil-less Flare Blitz is nice but that is amazing
>>
I want to use one, but holy shit fuck having to wait til end-game to get any STAB moves on it. What a waste. Same with Vikavolt and Veticrab.
>>
>>30186213
>>30185786
If Tapu Bulu is as common as I think it will be it also doesn't have to worry about Grassy Terrain with Bonemerang.
>>
>>30185127
>>30184009
We're talking about competitive here. In game babbies pls leave.
>>
>>30189731
Marowak was amazing in gen 2 and great in gen 3
>>
fully special set when
>>
>>30192056
I'm using one ingame and even without stab he still hits like a truck. (as long as he's holding thick club anyway)
>>
>>30182605
No, fuck you.

When I was a kid I couldn't figure out how to catch you or your faggot son and now I'll hate you forever.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.