[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

there is only 14 mins 47 secs worth of cutscenes in pokemon sun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: HNI_0007_MPO.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0007_MPO.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TYw0mQ62rI4 In a game that lasts 20-30 hours. why is this such a complient?
>>
>>30181284
Because it's overbearing when you want to explore on your own
>>
Turns out autists with ADHD are very vocal. The cutscenes were mildly annoying at worst, not game ruining like half this board seems to think. I'll be playing Sun directly after Moon and having to watch all of them again doesn't bother me because the games are great
>>
>>30181284
The cutscenes are only worth .5/10 difference for me, they're not as bad as people make them out to be when they drop it to like 7/10 or 4/10 because they're fickle and demand perfection.
>>
>>30181328
This. After beating the champion, I was immediately hit with the desire to replay the game. When Pokebank opens I'm gonna transfer whatever I want to keep over and restart.
>>
The cutscenes are only bad on the first island because most of them are pointless tutorials. Other than that I have no idea what people are complaining about.
>>
>>30181328
This. Fucking ADHD retards.
>>
when people here say 'cutscene' what they actually mean is any stretch of time where you gotta spam the A button while Lillie/Hau/Kukui talk their asses off. The video you posted doesn't include those.
>>
>game about exploration
>get stopped every 5 seconds
>>
>>30181648
Wait, what? Dialogues? In my JRPG?
How dare they.
>>
>>30181648

Well that explains why it feels like there were 2 hours worth of them. That beginning was brutal though.
>>
>>30181328
>>30181609
autism
>>
>>30181284
It seems like a lot when you can just plow through the game and walking distances are so short. It's like there is zero exploration.
>>
>>30181284
Because of how many the game shoves in to the first few minutes, because their broken up by brief gameplay segments before control is taken away again, because most of them are for first time players and there's no way to skip them.

They aren't OoT tier but they're still an issue.
>>
Those nearly aren't all the cutscenes. Those are just the "cinematic" cutscenes.
>>
>>30181685
more like
>bicycle simulator 7
>get stopped every 5 seconds
>also no bicycle
>>
>>30181685
>exploration
>playing the game in a way that triggers a cutscene every five seconds
Pick one. Clearly you are not exploring when all you are doing is running to the objective.
>>
>>30182441
>Implying Gen 1 had Bike Sim
>Implying Hyper Training wasn't meant to mitigate the need for Bike Sim
>>
>>30182629
>mitigate
haha
The only mitigation is injecting. Gamefreak has good ideas but they're almost always executed poorly.

I'm hoping a third version for Sun/Moon will fix most of the complaints and truly make it a GOAT game.
>>
>>30181593
This. The first few hours have constant interruptions and are VERY slow, and will be especially tedious for replays, but the rest of the game is alright.
>>
>>30182527
On the contrary, there is nothing to explore.
>>
File: play.png (25KB, 622x528px) Image search: [Google]
play.png
25KB, 622x528px
>>30181685
>>
>>30182074
Yes. The ones complaining about cutscenes have autism. We know that
>>
I have just arrived in the second island, meaning most of the "annoyance" should have passed already, and I don't think it was that bad at all. I'd take a few of them out, or at least make some faster/optional, but it was absolutely not a big deal.

Who complains about dialogues should play something not classified as a JRPG, specially one that mostly targets kids.

Who complains about too many interruptions is most likely not exploring at all. I took a lot of time to get where I am, but that's mostly because I'm taking my time to do (almost) everything I can (for the first time ever I want to completely fill the Dex).

For example, after defeating Hala, instead of going straight to the boat to Akala, I decided to do everything I could in Melemele. That took me nearly 2 hours (nearly cut-scene free, except for maybe Ilima's rebattle and the janitor on the mall side-quest, both of which I'm not even sure if are actual cut-scenes.
>>
All Lillie scenes when?
>>
>>30181300
The cutscenes don't really force you into any areas and you're free to explore as far as you'd like during free play. Have you never played an RPG aside from Pokémon?
>>
File: 1480007368132.png (16KB, 622x255px)
1480007368132.png
16KB, 622x255px
>>30182760
More like,
>OK this is obviously a side cave.
>Oh, this looks like the correct way, better go back to those other two caves.
>Oh, this is the exit, better go back and see what I missed.
Every fucking time.
>>
>>30181648
You mean the things in LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE POKÉMON GAME?

EVERY
SINGLE
ONE
>>
>>30183509
Except there's much much much more of it this game.
>>
>>30183141
>The cutscenes don't really force you into any areas
You mean an NPC prevents you from going into any areas
>Free to explore as far as you'd like
You mean the free 5 feet you get before being stopped by someone
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.