[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do they have names yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
Do they have names yet?
>>
>>30178531
sun

moon/chicken-chan
>>
>>30178542
Only Red, Blue and Silver are named after the games.
>>
>>30178531
They have no official name (yet?).

>>30178667
>Blue
Stop, you're triggering me.

>Silver
No, the Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver rival never got an official name either.
>>
>>30178833
You're not Japanese, it's Blue over here in civil society.

> Silver never got a name
Now you're triggering me.
>>
File: FNCBFO2I9YBJLK7.LARGE.jpg (51KB, 907x718px) Image search: [Google]
FNCBFO2I9YBJLK7.LARGE.jpg
51KB, 907x718px
>>30178531
didnt they called the boy Sun in demo ?
>>
>>30178934
The series is Japanese.
And no, he never got a name.

>>30179041
That's irrelevant.
>>
>>30179065
Yes, so his name got translated to Blue, because it was Red and Blue over here. Only weeb hipsters call him Green unironically.
>>
>>30179160
He has never been "Blue" in Japan.
>>
>>30179173
And he has never been "Green" anywhere else.
>>
>>30178531
Helio and Selene
>>
Elio and Selene
Yu and Mizuki in Japanese
>>
>>30179183
Which is fucking retarded.
I think he is in Korea and China.
>>
>>30178531
Yes, the boy is Sun in the Demo.
I assume the girl is Moon.

Makes sense to me.
>>
>>30178531
>>30178667
Because Female MC never appeared outside of FRLG, she is named Leaf because that was the name she had in the pre-release.

Also the rival of GSC and remakes doesn't have a name, even on Pokémon Generations, so we use his name from PokéSpe.
>>
>>30179332
Yeah, and the ORAS protagonist is Orlando.
Right.
>>
>>30179160
sucks for you since he's wearing green not blue clothing.
>>
>>30179372
Nah, he's Ruby.
>>
>>30179372
If he didn't have a previously established canon name in Brendan that the final game also used, then yes, he probably would be, but in this completely different case, the protagonists here have no name in the final game at all. So..
>>
>>30179359
>she is named
Speak for yourself. That name is dumb and a lot of us prefer going for Green/Blue (based on which you consider the rival's name to be) despite being confusing to newfags who think Bulbapedia is perfect.

>>30179388
This. Also his room in HGSS.

>>30179398
In the manga.
>>
>>30178531
Sun and Chicken-chan
>>
>>30179372
>people say stupid shit like this
>full game has no name for SM protagonist at all

wow i wonder why people are using the demo name this time!!!!!
>>
>>30179173
>>30179183
Arguing over this is Pointless.

He's Blue in the West, Green in Japan. It's not really a big deal.

Canonically though he's Green, since Red and Green were the original releases in Japan and then when when FR/LG happened the decided not to repeat the Blue nonsense again.

But his name is forever localized as Blue in the west, you can call him whichever you grew up with but Green was his original name in Game, Manga and Anime.

Especially since he is still Prof. Oak's Grandson

Therefore his name is "Green Oak"

The "Female" protagonist is Blue in the Manga and the Japanese games.
>>
>>30179372
>Orlando
What? Since when? Last I heard he was Ruby.
>>
>>30179456
Fully agree. It's just annoying when people who grew up with the overseas releases insist on calling him Green.

As far as I'm concerned, his canonical name is whatever the fuck you want it to be. You named your rival in R/B/G/Y. He was only Green/Blue in G/S/C onwards for the sake of consistency.
>>
>>30179424
We're talking about official names though. What you said makes no sense.

>>30179465
That's what he's called in the ORAS demo.
Ruby is the manga name.

>>30179495
I didn't grow up with it but I like Green better because it's the original one.

>As far as I'm concerned, his canonical name is whatever the fuck you want it to be. You named your rival in R/B/G/Y. He was only Green/Blue in G/S/C onwards for the sake of consistency.
I agree.
>>
>>30179670
There are no official names, you literally have to make do with the demo ones. Deal with it
>>
>>30178531
Nebby and nebbo
>>
>>30179757
So you didn't even read my post, you just jumped to conclusions when you saw you got a reply. How did you find your way here?
>>
>>30178833
Dumb nip
>>
>>30179930
>How did you find your way here?
The OP asked for names, he didn't say official names.
>>
>>30179983
That was implied. It's obvious they have names, you can name them whatever you want.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.