[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate Sun & Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

For those who have completed the main story of the game, rate your experience.

>1 = Bad
>2 = Lack Luster
>3 = Indifferent
>4 = Great
>5 = Loved it

Pokémon Selection:
Storyline:
Characters:
Difficulty:
Graphics:
>>
Pokemon Selection: 1
Storyline: 1
Characters: 1
Difficulty: 1
Graphics: 5
>>
Pokemon Selection: 3 (I don't like how so many Alola mons are rare and some evolve really late)
Storyline: 5
Characters: 4 (Hau PLZ....)
Difficulty: 4 (Definitely surprisingly challenging even though i kept exp.share on most of the time)
Graphics: 4 (Better than XY for sure)
>>
>>30169591
Pokemon selection: 4
Characters: 5
Difficulty: 3
Graphics: 3

Overall a (low) 4/5
>>
Characters: 4 (remove hau)
Difficulty: 6 (and I fucking loved it)

10/10 would play again
>>
Pokemon Selection: 4
Characters: 4
Difficulty: 4 (I found myself easing my way through the later stages because i grinded to keep up with an overleveled ninetales i traded for, otherwise great)
Graphics: 4 (would be a 5 without the lag)
>>
>>30169591
>Pokémon Selection: 4 (Purely personal, I miss pawniard)
>Storyline: 4 (The first cutscene kind of undermines a good chunk of the plot.)
>Characters: 5 (I like them all.)
>Difficulty: 5 (there is a challenge for everyone at some point)
>Graphics: 4 (Sometimes the weather + 4 pokémon + trainers turn the framy annoyance into something straight up irritating.)
>>
>>30169855
Oops, forgot pokemon selection.
Sadly a 3. Some pokemon I really liked, but a little more than half I didnt. I'm not fond of some Alolan pokemon having stupid low encounter rates for some ungodly reason.
>>
Pokémon Selection: 3
Characters: 4 (They're all the same but nanu is daddy so I'll bump it up)
Difficulty: 4
Graphics: 4 (Those zoomed in faces...)
>>
>Pokémon Selection: 3
>Storyline: 5
>Characters: 5
>Difficulty: 2
>Graphics: 4

I really enjoyed the game, but that doesn't make it objectively great. Hau was fucking cancer and the game was too easy.
>>
Storyline: 4
Characters: 4 (I loved Hau fuck you guys)
Graphics: 4

4/5 overall
>>
Storyline: 3
Difficulty: 5

Overall a 4/5, pretty good. And I'm going to add several other metrics because OP is stupid

>Music: 5
>Atmosphere: 5

Puts it below BW2, HGSS, Plat and Emerald, making it excellent anyway.

For comparison:
>XY
Pokémon Selection: 2
Storyline: 1
Characters: -5
Music: 2
Atmosphere: 2

>ORAS
Music: 5
Atmosphere: 4

>BW2
Pokémon Selection: 4
Atmosphere: 5

>HGSS

>Plat
Characters: 3
Music: 3
Atmosphere: 5

>Emerald
Music: 4

Ask for an explanation if you want
>>
Pokemon Selection: 2 (there's not a single bellosom to be found, and they have the fucking cheek to put it in that cut out with the Hawaiian dancer)
Storyline: 3 (Nice twists here and there, but honestly made no sense how Po Town was taken over and left that way.)
Characters: 5 (Honestly the best bunch of characters in a pokemon game ever. Their interactions all feel quite genuine. And Lilie pretty much became the most well written pokemon character ever by the end.)
Difficulty: 3.5 (It was okay.)
Graphics: 3.5 (Immersive, but lack of 3D was a really wasted opportunity.)
>>
>>30169591
Difficulty: -1
The graphics were amazing, actually so amazing my 3ds barely could follow.
>>
>>30169591

The main problem for me is that there's more potential hidden in the game that Gamefreak could really draw it (especially from Lillie and Gladion and their clusterfucked family) and that the encounter rates for Alola mons is just stupid.

Honestly if you fixed the performance problems, the rates at which Alola mons appear, and some of the story (as well as the cutscenes) then it would probably be my favorite game in the series. It felt very strange to actually come to like Lillie too, I fucking hated her in the first island and she was annoying in the third at times too.
>>
>>30169855
>Difficulty: 6

Git fucking gud
>>
>>30169591
>Pokémon Selection: 4
>Difficulty: 5 (Unless you overlevel like a chucklenut)
>Graphics: 5 (so good they break the franmerate)
>>
>>30169591
>Pokemon Selection: 3
>Storyline: 3
>Characters: 4
>Difficulty: 4
overall its 3.5/5
>>
These difficulty ratings are all over the place. Did they actually add battles that require thought or is it just this board being underage memelords?
>>
>>30170125
there are some difficult battles but most of the time it's still easy
>>
>>30169591
>>
>>30169591
Storyline:3
Characters:5
Difficulty:3
Graphics:2
>>
Difficulty: 2
>>
>>30169591
Pokémon Selection: 1
I could barely find any Alolan Pokemon to use which wasn't shit and was available early on. It was even harder the second time. The Alolan Pokedex was tiny, shit and mostly a tonne of recolourations or UBs or Tapu.
Storyline: 3. Too many cutscenes including unimportant and irrelevant ones. The credits scene took so long it was cancerous. Really needs a SMD style dialogue skipping (where holding down B skips all the text and jumps to the next text segment)
Characters:
Shit character list = Hau, Wicke
Needs a significantly reduced scene count = Lillie
Interesting but criminally underused characters = Faba, Guzma, Plumeria, Gladion
Needed some more scenes = Looker, Anabel
For_what_fucking_purpose = Any battle tree one offs like Colress, Sina, Dexio, Grimsley, E4 flying girl (either put them in the plot or don't include them at all)
It was easy the second time I played but the first speedrun I tried to avoid every trainer I could, had a bunch of type overlaps and got wrecked.
Graphics: 4. They need to fix the movements of the characters to make them seem less stupid especially the constant smily face on the protag
>>
>>30170135
Is the endgame difficult at all?
>>
>>30170278
No it starts off difficult and becomes easier.
For example, I had barely any difficulty with the Mimikyu fight. It was one of the easiest in the game.
>>
Love all the new Pokemon. Horrible encounter rates and island distribution though.
Muh personality
>Difficulty:5
Blue whited me out.
>Graphics: 5

Awesome overall, but not sure if I would replay it due to all those cutscenes...
>>
>>30170291
It gets "harder" as you continue, this guy
>>30170278
is an outlier.
If you have the right pokémon with the right move, every totem goes down in two hits.
Thats why you shouldn't spoil yourself too much.
>>
File: pew.png (36KB, 155x154px) Image search: [Google]
pew.png
36KB, 155x154px
Pokemon Selection: 2
>>
>>30170278
There are some considerable jumps in difficulty.

I overleveled for the third island, and ended up with wild Pokemon matching my team in the fourth island.

It spikes even further post-game, but then disappears once you realize no trainer goes beyond level 70.
>>
>>30169591
>Pokémon Selection:
2 (Alolan Pokémon are rare and there are a lot of version exclusives)
>Storyline:
4 (Pretty good for a Pokémon game. Had some nice twists and it wasn't just saving the world. Too many cutscenes though)
>Characters:
4 (Good compared to XY, but Lillie was annoying at times and Hau was awful. Also there were a lot of irrelevant characters)
>Difficulty:
3 (Much harder than XY and ORAS. That being said, though, if you just keep attacking and using healing items when you need to, you can steamroll the game easily. Haven't done any postgame yet though so maybe that'll be hard)
>Graphics:
4 (No 3D and the frame rate dropped pretty frequently)
>>
Pokemon Selection: 3, I didn't like that the encounter rate for most Gen 7 Mons were really low, not to mention some of them evolving really late in the game like Crabrawler
Storyline: 3, better than X/Y, pretty much on par with other stories like Gen 3/4
Characters: 4, I hate Lillie but Hau, Gladion, and other characters make up for it
Difficulty: 2, even without Exp. Share I managed to cruise through the game until Kukui's Primarina annihilated my team so I had to grind a bit.
Graphics: 2, it physically hurts to see the frame rate drop in Doubles
>>
>>30169591
>Pokémon Selection: 2
>Difficulty: 4

19/25, C+ see me after class
>>
>>30169591
>Pokemon Selection: 3
Average. Doing shit like including Bagon on Route 3 is a step in the right direction for the series overall though.

>Storyline: 4
The best to ever come out of the franchise and very compelling as a standalone. Genuinely likable and love to hate-able characters.

See above. Most everyone has personality even those that only appear in 2-3 cutscenes. Even Guzma only appears like 4 or 5 times during the main game yet he's still pretty awesome.

>Difficulty: 3.5
Have to add a decimal here. It's not difficult by any normal metric for a video game series, but for a Pokémon game it is. Totem battles can be ridiculously hard at times, and turning Exp. Share off from the beginning can make late game the most difficult that mainline games have ever been. Again that's to say, not really for vidya as a whole but definitely for the series.

Meh.
>>
>>
>>30170359
>It spikes even further post-game, but then disappears once you realize no trainer goes beyond level 70
Huh? Does it not level lock the endgame? I was talking about its frontier/maison/whatever.
>>
>>30169946
You probably kept exp share on like a fucking autist
>>
>>30169591
Pokémon Selection: 2.5, I managed to have a team of new mons I really liked but beyond that there aren't many and most weren't as common as past-gen pokemon.

Storyline: 5, best so far. I didn't just feel like a meddling kid.

Characters: 3.5, I really liked the whole Aether family dynamic driving the plot. Could have easily done without Hau, he could have been incorporated into the plot a bit more.

Difficulty: 3, I wish that more trainers had more than one pokemon, but I did like that by the E4 I was at the same level as their teams.

Graphics: 2, I wish the base game got rid of all the pixel outlines. If they can do it during Z-move animations I don't see why they can't do it during a normal battle
>>
>>30169591

Storyline: 4 (would be a solid 5+ if they actually had balls and had SPOILER die)
Characters: 4 (see above)
Difficulty: 5 (was surprising when some bosses would switch in and i had to use some strategy)
Graphics: 5 looking forward to the switch port with these
>>
>>30170125
The game is pretty good difficulty-wise if you don't use EXP Shareasy mode.

Sadly that's too much to ask of some retards on /vp/ so they turn it on anyways then complain it's too easy.
>>
>>30170470
Using healing items isn't exactly what I would call steamrolling.
>>
>>30170351
>If you have the right pokémon with the right move, every totem goes down in two hits.
>Thats why you shouldn't spoil yourself too much.

Didn't even spoil myself, went in with the team I chose even before the game was leaked. Wrecked every totem
>>
>>30169591
There wasn't a huge amount I liked but it was enough, I guess

>Storyline: 3
There was definitely room for improvement, but I enjoyed it overall.

>Characters: 3
Same as above. Kinda wish more character were fleshed out. Especially Hau, he had a lot of potential to be more than just a "happy go lucky" character. Wish he had his own character arc.

>Difficulty: 5
The difficulty was "just right" for me. Only thing I wanted was a separate item that splits exp and gives it to my lower leveled mons so I could train up newly added pokemon faster.

>Aesthetics: 2
Mostly held back by the 3ds' hardware. The towns weren't very distinct outside of Seafolk and Konikoni.

>Music: 4
This gen's route tracks and misc tracks (character themes, etc) are probably the best out of any gen. Some of the town music was top tier and there were a couple battle tracks I really liked. I wish they'd let you turn off the ride, wild pokemon, and random trainer tracks though.

>Misc
Wish the Tapu lair's were bigger. Wish the MC was actually expressive (ex: WW Link).

Overall, it's probably one of my favorite pokemon games. Up there with BW and BW2 in my Top 3 probably.
>>
>>30170734
How overleveled were you?
>>
>>30170734
t. exp share
>>
Pokemon Selection: 1
Storyline: 2
Characters: 1
>>
>>30169591
>Pokemon Selection: 1
Didn't like the majority of new pokemon, and there weren't many other interesting pokemon available.
>Storyline: 2
Extremely anti-climactic and predictable. The only thing keeping it from being a 1 is that Lusamine going insane and becoming corrupted was kinda neat, though that doesn't really lead to much else. Team Skull was pretty much skimmed over and felt like they were only there to be a red herring for the obvious "Team Aether is evil" reveal.
>Characters: 3.5
Hau was generically peppy, Gladion was generically edgy, but Lillie was surprisingly good, and Lusamine was nice too. I wish we got more of Guzma/Plumeria.
>Difficulty: 2.5
The Elite 4 was harder than Gen 6, and the Lusamine fight was alright, but everything else was just as easy, if not easier, than Gen 6.
This is the only part of the game I can say I really liked, but it felt like they sacrificed a lot of the size of the region to make it look pretty. Ultra Space looked cool, but I'm really disappointed that you only go there once for the Lusamine fight then never go back again.

Overall, I'd give the game a 5.5/10. Only slightly above average, but extremely disappointing. I know I shouldn't have gotten hyped up, but it was hard not to be with how they kept selling it as some big grand adventure.
>>
>>30170627
Even then the Exp Share puts you at around the E4's level by the end of the game. It's not as broken as gen 6, thankfully.
>>
>>30170734
I was maybe 1 or 2 levels above each, team was just very capable of dealing with the totem types and I didn't try to do much with the ally until the totem was down.
>>
>>30170899
HOW? Did you grind or something? By the time I got to the E4 I was 5-10 levels under, and I fought every trainer I could.

Then again I run away from wild pokemon battles unless I've already caught them, because fighting wild battles gets annoying.
>>
>>30170966
With amie leveling is piss easy, easier than gen 6
>>
>>30170966
You probably missed some battles then, I avoided wild battles too.
>>
>>30170991
No, not really. I blew through XY/ORAS even with EXP share off. I got my ass handed to me about 10 times in SM though
>>
>>30170966
No, I just used the exp share. I played without it and I was at around level 48-50 though. The leveling curve is really nice this time around.
>>
>>30170591
I did a monobug run with exp share off, go suck a dick.
>>
>>30169591

Overall I'd give it a 4.
>>
File: Lillie.(Pokémon).full.2006068.jpg (621KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Lillie.(Pokémon).full.2006068.jpg
621KB, 1000x1414px
Pokémon Selection:
Storyline: 2
Characters:5
Graphics:4
>>
>>30169591
Characters: 4 (Team Skull is my favorite "Team" now, but Hau sucks)
Graphics: 5 (except for the FPS drops on multi battles)
>>
>>30170470
"steamrolling" for me is rarely touching an item during battles
I was using potions and other things a lot more this game than previous gens where I'd sweep constantly
>>
>>30169591

>Pokémon Selection:
3. The variety itself is ok and Island Scan bumps it up a bit more, but some of the newer Poke's they shilled hard are too rare.
>Storyline:
4. Some cliff hangers in the ending and a few things feel like they went nowhere. But it was pretty solid till the end.
>Characters:
3. A few standouts(Like Lillie), but some people drag it down.
>Difficulty: 4. Probably one of the most difficult games if EXP share if off. Some trainers needed a few more pokes, but a wonderful step in the right direction.
>Graphics:
5. Game looks beautiful by Pokemon standards. Maybe a bit too beautiful, given the lag at certain points.
>>
>>30169591
Pokemon Selection: 4

Great fucking generation.
>>
Pokémon Selection: 2 (specifically water and fire)
Storyline:4
Characters:3
Difficulty:4 (no exp. share till elite four, no use of z moves until post game)
Graphics:4

Good games, good gen, much better than gen 3, 4 and 6. Should be the new standard for future pokemon games.
>>
>>30169591
Pokémon Selection: 4.
amazing variety of pokemon, but the ones people end up wanting most end up being so low to encounter...
one of the best stories in the series. definitely better than i expected from a pokemon game.
great characters, but hau was meh
I was having quite a lot of trouble beating the game without exp share or level grinding with the exception of getting a new mon on par with the rest of my team. most challenging pokemon game so far.
Graphics:
>caring about graphics
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.