[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Unexpected Bros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 127385545873.png (155KB, 1024x877px) Image search: [Google]
127385545873.png
155KB, 1024x877px
Pokemon you tried out that you didn't expect to hold their weight

(I have a strict no items during battle rule)
>find pyukumuku while randomly surfing through a water route
>see it looks cute, why not give it a shot
>find out it doesn't have any attacking moves
>whatever, I'll keep it in the back for a while
>keep it up to speed with the other members of my team with the exp share (I'm using about 10 pokemon as of this point)
>keep leveling up, still no attacking moves
>getting suspicious at this point
>eventually cave in and go to bulba to find out what the hell this thing is gonna do
>find out it never learns any attacking moves
>i also find out that it doesn't evolve
>still keep it anyway for shits and giggles
>fast-forward to totem mimikyu fight
>all pokemon are level 36-37
>charge up beak blast with toucannon
>it mimics it
>calls out a haunter that i one-shot with drill peck
>meanwhile it beak blasts me and I die (something else hit me before that, can't remember what)
>details are a bit fuzzy but mimikyu is slightly above half health
>switch to ribombee, kill the gengar it just called out with psychic
>god damn beak blast one-shots me
>switch to sandygast for shadow ball, end up getting one-shotted my a crit shadow claw
>getting nervous now
>switch to salandit to try and pull off a toxic-venoshock
>it uses shadow claw again and I'm left at 1 hp
>it has a fucking lum berry anyway
>almost no hope at ths point, crabrawler's only move that can damage it is rock tomb
>switch to pyukumuku
>it uses play rough while i curse
>hoping to whittle it down with pain split
>both steadily losing health
>eventually killed by a shadow claw, but not before getting it to low yellow health first
>think it's all over
>innards out kicks in
>mimikyu dies
>the pokemon I never would've expected to do anything actually saved the team
>>
>>30165136
Yeah, people really underestimated Pyukumuku. I knew I wanted one on my team from its reveal, and its leaked stats didn't stop me.

I just made do with Counter, Fightinium Z, and Toxic and went my merry way.
>>
Alolan Raticate, it's basically Bisharp but evolves much faster and is much shittier
>>
Mudbray/dale, I picked it up as something temporary until i got something better, but it fucking pulled it's weight, stamina is amazing
>>
Magneton
>>
>>30165136
Bewear. I was planning to use Stufful as a placeholder member, but holy hell did I enjoy using it. Once it was on my main team, it saved me a lot with Fluffy.
Also Stufful is adorable and Bewear is pretty cute too.
>>
>>30165136
Bewear and Mimikyu. I was going to go with Crabrawler for my fightmon but that evolution requirement was nuts so I went with fluffy bear and he was not disappointing in the least.

Mimikyu I thought would be kind of soso but turns out disguise is amazing and Mimikyu is the fucking best.
>>
>>30165136
Shiinotic

>Strength Sap on anything with a decent attack stat heals it 100%
>Effect Spore crippled the AI which was dumb enough to hit it with contact moves
>Spore shenanigans otherwise
>decent bulk all around

I had more than enough team support to cover its poison weakness and speed, but I never expected I'd take it with me to the league. It was an absolute monster.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.