[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone already bored?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 7

File: pokemon-sun-and-moon-logos.jpg (47KB, 765x497px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-and-moon-logos.jpg
47KB, 765x497px
Anyone already bored?
>>
It's not a Johto game, so no.
>>
>>30163187
I'm more so bored by the way they made breeding and competitive stuff more tedious to do in general. Hyper Training doesn't even help that much.
>>
>tfw taking my own pace going through the game and leveling my festival park
>tfw It's not short as fuck like gen 6
>tfw comfy
You are so fucking mad right now.
>>
Not at all.
I just can't find a trainer in route 15.
>>
>>30163187
bored with what. i spent 40 dollars on the game and it took 45 hours to beat. so 90 cents per hour for enjoyment. it was a good deal
>>
>>30163328
it's shorter than gen 6 because the first 2-3 hours of the game is the world's worst movie
>>
>>30163307
This
>>
>>30163307
breeding is the same.
>>
>>30163187
Not really.
>>
>>30163187
Not at all. Last time a Pokemon game made me bored was during Gen 2.
>>
>>30163362
But that's not the issue. While it's still RNG heavy, you need a Destiny Knot to make it work. And guess what? It's behind 48BP. How do you get BP? In the Battle Facilities, which generally require optimized mons. The problem is, to get optimized mons you need to breed. Which is something you can't do since no Destiny Knot.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it sure as hell takes much longer. Injectfags actually have it very easy this time, yet again.
>>
>before gen 7
too easy
>after gen 7
too hard
>>
>>30163187
Got bored about 3 hours in.
Haven't touched the game since.
>>
Nope having a lot of fun here
>>
>>30163515
>The problem is, to get optimized mons you need to breed

>what is pokebank
>>
>>30163564
>what is pokebank

something that isn't useful until January
>>
>>30163515
>require
not really

just grind out a few 7 win streaks
>>
>>30163531
Story hasn't begin dude. 3rd and 4th is where the pace picks up
>>
>>30163593

>be patient, and wait
>>
>>30163187
No, still maximum comfy and projected to hit the competitive scene in no less than 6 months.
>>
>>30163600
Well a game where the story hasn't begun after 3 hours is a stupidly designed game and I don't really want to play that.
>>
>>30163643
ok then
>>
>>30163643
Lmao alrighty then
>>
>>30163515
I'd give out some of my 10 destiny knots form Pickup if Gamefreak hadn't locked me out for 24 hours for having connection issues during a Wondertrade.

But seriously, Destiny Knot is all over the pickup tables now, no excuse that you can't break open the Battle Facilities.
>>
>>30163643
You're literally describing every Pokemon game lmao
>>
>>30163515
48 BP in the battle tree doesnt take very long at all
>>
>>30163700
Oh shit, word? What Pickup mon are you using and what level is he at?
>>
>>30163667
>>30163692
>>30163726
Please kill yourselves you fucking GameFreak shills. This is literally unredeemable trash and Ohmori and Masuda deserve to be fucking fired over this piece of garbage. Goddamn, SM are the worst games yet.
>>
File: 1476385665059.png (321KB, 464x425px) Image search: [Google]
1476385665059.png
321KB, 464x425px
>>
>>30163785
>>30163789
>>30163789
kek
>>
>>30163187
was pretty bored on the first island since it was basically an extremely long tutorial but other than that it's really comfy
>>
>>30163784
Use 6, they are low drop % chance. But Destiny Knot can be found on the tables as low as 1-10 and I'm still picking them up at 41-50. But if you don't grind a bunch of pickup mons at once you will hate life because the chances are still low and pickup is still 10% chance per mon per battle.
>>
>>30163874
Well then, I know what I will be doing tomorrow after work. Thanks anon.
>>
>>30163564
>The game can't be played effectively for 3 months.
This has to be one of the most retarded arguments I've ever seen that was actually trying.
>>
Nope thirty hours in and just got to the third island
>>
>>30163785
all I said was "ok then"...
>>
>>30163785
I said the picks up in the 3rd and 4th lsland how am I game freak shill
>>
>>30163515
>Catch a UB
>Use Ash-Greninja
>Sweep through Singles
>Get Destiny Knot
>Breed
>Take on Super Singles

Get fucking good you casual garbage.
>>
>>30163919
>They aren't taking down ORAS servers
>You can play your powercreep still and then import your mons in January
I feel like half of everyone's problems would be solved if people had a friend they could play the game with.
>>
>>30163942
Unfortunately, this is /vp/. Everyone here hates on what other people like about Pokemon instead of.. well, anything else at all, really.
>>
I'm about 22 hours in. Just got to Vast Poni Canyon. Am I even close to the end yet?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>cutscenes up the ass
>the pokemon called for help
>silky smooth 2 fps during double battles
>shit postgame

only a complete shill would like this travesty.
>>
>>30164106
Did u got to the ultra beast world yet if so yes?
>>
I've only played Red, Silver, Pearl and Black but so far I like this one much, much more than Pearl and Black, and a bit more than Silver, even.

Red is scoring higher if only for Lavender town.

I like the pokes so far. The new ones are cute and the old ones look great. I only wish Butterfree got a cool Alolan form. That seems like a huge oversight to me, especially with how bland her wings are.
>>
>>30163942
This wasn't me. I'm fine with not playing the game, but I'm glad other people are enjoying it.

It's just some other pissed anon who joined in the conversation.
>>
>>30163912
Good luck, though honestly the facilities are generous enough at the early stages that unless you are lucky it would probably be faster to just take the plunge and build a scrap team.

Otherwise, make sure your pickup guys can 1 shot whatever you are fighting and check items every 5 battles or so.
>>
>>30163187
>played through the maingame at my own pace, found it enjoyable barring the first island
>used pkhex to give me everything I need as well as a team of mons for myself and my buddies
>now just battling my buddies every now and then
Probably going to move to simulators once they get bored or reset the game. I've been enjoying it.
>>
>>30164118
I'm a designer, and we're supposed to find good and bad shit in everything. I've had a decent amount of fun, but admittedly been frustrated with pretty much all of the problems you listed.

Also if Golbat was deleted from the pokedex entirely in Gen VIII it would not be missed.
>>
>>30163785
the sheer analpain
>>
I'm just about done with it for now. I got all the Zygarde cells so I just need to reset for two more Tapu's then wait for Magnera to come out before I restart.
>>
>>30163187
Nope. I'm really enjoying this game and I know I'll still enjoy it after I beat it
>>
>>30163187

If you're bored, then you're a casual and are the reason the main-game is so easy.
>>
>>30163785

>better story than any Final Fantasy, the most popular JRPG ever, game has ever had
>bad

ayy lmao
>>
>>30164622
I wouldn't be proud of not being a casual then if it just mean having low standards for entertainment.
>>
>>30163187
Yeah, I genuinely enjoyed the last bit of the game. But now that I've made it to the battle tree it really feels like there's nothing to do besides finish my Pokedex and breed a better team for the tree.

I still have the UB thing to do but I really don't care about them.

I think it would have been nice to have one last island, even just the size of Poni, to explore post-game with some events to develop it or something
>>
File: 1383761571637.jpg (41KB, 233x217px) Image search: [Google]
1383761571637.jpg
41KB, 233x217px
>>30163966
>UB
>Ash Greninja
>>
>>30164941
Yeah, they can cheese through Singles and then you can focus on breeding actual Pokemon.

What's your point?
>>
>>30163187
I'm burned out from the main story, all I've done is fight Blue and got to the Battle Tree.
>>
>>30163187
I've clocked 20 hours and I'm not even off the second island yet.
I was done with xy by 15
>>
>>30165156
because all the shitty cutscenes are slowing you down m8
>>
>>30163187
No, I'm just kinda bummed that I'm only 40 hours in and the only things left for me to do is to get Tapu Bulu and defeat the Battle Tree which I'm not very interested about anyways.
>>
>>30163187
Somewhat bored with the post game but the main game was very enjoyable while I was playing it
>>
>>30163187
52 hours in and yes. But shiny hunting isn't supposed to be fun
>>
>already
I'm 50 hours in and still haven't beat the post-game, so no.

Still have the battle tree, pokedex, and online to worry about.
>>
>>30165175
>he forgets the 30 minute cutscenes in XY
>Literally amounted to "there was a war" and "I'm going to fire this lazer"
Actually play the game m8, stop contributing to /vp/'s shit taste regarding popular games
>>
>>30163187
Me. Caught Necrozma and went back to playing Rune Factory 4. I don't have the energy to start breeding an army of mons for the 4th gen in a row, and there isnt much else to do in this game since Game Fag "forgot" to include a Battle Frontier again. Call me back when Stars comes out.
>>
>>30163289
Seriously, I tried going back and playing HG/SS this year and it was dreadful. I'm not sure why this board is so obsessed with those games.
>>
>>30165647
i played and finished the game. this shit has to many cutscenes. it was shit in x/y and its even shitter now.
>>
>>30165666
My thoughts exactly. There are only about new new mons I'm actually interested in breeding/training, but it's way too much of a hassle until I can import my 6IV Dittos. I hate hate HATE Festival Plaza, so the more I can circumvent it the better.
>>
>>30165857
*about ten new mons

Also,
>RF4

Good taste
>>
>>30165175
>>30165647
>>30165733
They total 15~min in SM.
I think is the pacing that makes them feel longer. Unless you guys actually count dialogue as cutscenes.

How long was the cutscene total for XY?
>>
File: JUST.jpg (14KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
14KB, 456x320px
>turn on game
>want to compete, have no team
>can't train because no power items
>can't get any power items because no trained team
>remember that SM meta is shitty anyway
>think about starting a new file
>don't want to spend hours listening to Lillie's crap
>turn off game
>shitpost on /vp/
>>
>>30165959
>needing to train for the battle tree

fucking casual
>>
>>30165959
You get points even for losing, just get three pokemon with self destruct and grind out the bp you need.
>>
>>30163187
I only played Pokemon Moon for the story as I haven't played a story-based game in years.

My issue now is that I'm still bored as fuck with the other games I usually play and now I that I finished Moon's story, I have nothing left to do or play.
What do I do now? Should I try to breed for a comp-level team?
>>
>>30165959
This is 90% of /vp/ right now
>>
>>30166100
Literally every Pokemon game since gen 4:

Once you're done with single player, you do multiplayer. Don't like multiplayer? Your're done with the game.
>>
I'm 80 hours in so far, beat the game while exploring what I could and finished my dex. A bit bored but I've done most things in the game, will probably finish 15/15 stamps on my trainer card when they release bank and shiny hunt a bit.

I bought both versions and planned to do a nuzlocke on the second but I don't think I can handle the first 1-2 hours of the game and constant cut scenes again, the first hour is more boring than anything postgame.
>>
>beat the game
>"wtf there's nothing to do now"

welcome to video games
>>
>>30166039
Can you even get 3 mons with SD in Alola's dex without duplicating pokemon?
>>
>>30163187
Oh hey its XYfag again. Use a different picture next time
>>
>>30163593
wait is pokebank not functional for S/M until january? what the fuck how will I import all my perfect IV dittos from X/Y
>>
Not at all, just had the pleasure of getting fucked by your boy Guzma in Aether Paradise.
>>
>>30166620
There's multiplayer and postgame activities to do in a lot of games, pokemon has battle frontier, shiny hunting, finishing dex and online battling to do.

The issue is that the post game activities have been complete shit for a few games now or have been copy pasted.
>>
>>30165928
>They total 15~min in SM.
I call bullshit. The entire sequence when you beat the game alone was like 10 minutes long.
>>
>>30166206
>since gen 4
Gen 6 you mean.

And we still might get Stars.
>>
>>30166206
Gen 4 had fucktons of postgame single-player content, though. Platinum especially. Even putting aside the Battle Frontier vs Battle Maison arguments, Platinum still had a fuckton for you to do that wasn't just mindless grinding or collection like Gen 6 and 7 mostly have.

Gen 6 was fucking garbage with postgame. The Looker Quest in XY was a waste of time, and the Delta Episode was easily beaten in less than 3 hours by even the most casual of players. The only really fun thing to try to do is collect all of the mega stones and fashion items, but those can both get tedious in places (and ORAS can't even do the latter).

So far, Gen 7 ain't doing much better. The Champion Defense matches have some novelty value and are neat, but will get boring quickly since you still have to grind through the E4 each time. The UB quest was pretty fun and a step in the right direction, but when you boil it down it's basically a fetch quest where you catch specific mons that you were gonna have to catch for Pokedex anyway.
>>
>>30163187
>Aloladex completed? Check.
>All of the Zygarde cells found? Check.
>PokePelago islands fully upgraded? Check.

Now all I need to do is;

>Find all TMs
>Scout all trainers in Battle Tree
>Find all Competitive Items
>Get all Battle Styles
>Buy all of the clothes
>Get 50 win streaks in Singles, Doubles, and Multis

I'm getting there. If you seek out content, you really don't get bored. I finished the game days ago and yet I still keep opening it up and playing it.
>>
>>30167240
>Gen 4 had fucktons of postgame single-player content

No it didn't. It had a few sidequests and the gimped battle frontier. That's about it.
>>
>>30167305
>getting 50 win streaks in double and multi 3 fps battles.

gamefreak dropped the fucking ultra ball on this one. single digit frames fucking why??
>>
>>30167332
That's still more than Gen 6 and 7 have had. SM have a couple of postgame sidequests (although mostly it's just finishing up shit you started in the main story and just didn't finish), but Gen 6 didn't have shit. Once you beat Az, it was pretty much "well collect these random mons and just...breed and battle maison I guess? Finish your collections?"
>>
>Completed dex
>Won 50 streaks in battle tree
>Done with all post-game content
Thank fuck there isn't anything else with this game so I can jump to FFXV in 5 days.
>>
>>30167416
>FFXV

wew you're in for a disappointment
>>
>>30167414
Gen 4 literally has less post-game than Gen 7, not even memeing.
>>
>>30165712
This board shits on Hgss and gen 2 as a whole more than anywhere else. Anyway, I'll take those games over the last two gens. The level curve and limited selection of mons helped make the game tougher and more rewarding.
>>
>>30167481
>An entire fucking dungeon with a portal to the distortion world and a Giratina rematch if you missed it the first time.
>An extra fucking island with a shitload of stuff to do, even without the battle frontier.
>ANOTHER fucking cave dungeon that led to Gracedia Way that could only be accessed in postgame, with a tag partner to boot.
>two sidequest events (with a third that was never released globally) that could only be accessed if you beat the game.
>Contests because you can't do them all before the end of the game.
>Multiple routes that can only be explored postgame.
>Pal park, which can only be accessed postgame.
>And this is on TOP of any of the sidequests you hadn't already finished, since it's likely there were a ton you just didn't get to.

Meanwhile, in SM:
>UB storyline
>Fight against and with some oldfags
>Battle Maison v3 featuring literal copy/pastes of the ORAS Maison teams and a few of the XY teams.
>Eeveelution Hunter sidequest
>Picking up Type: Null from Gladion
>Champion Defense matches
>Finishing up the Zygarde pieces because you almost certainly didn't get 100% before the endgame.
It honestly feels empty. There's shit to do, but I feel like most of it is just completing my collections.
>>
>>30167829
Oh, I did leave out the Battle Royale stuff, although you can do a lot of it before postgame.
>>
>>30163785
go back to /v/
>>
>>30163187
Didn't we have this exact same thread earlier today?

Just because you switched out the XY bait for something else it doesn't mean people can't tell it's you.
>>
>>30166620
There's a lot of game that have god postgame. But all of them end with an autistic shit
>>
>>30168507
Battle Network 3, aka "What every postgame should aspire to be".

Checkmate.
>>
>>30163785
You have shit taste. You sound like someone I know that thinks if an anime is longer than 12 episodes its shit because the writers should have stuffed the story into 12 episodes regardless of what the story is. That's also a wrong opinion.

You should try getting an attention span that's longer than a three year old's so you can enjoy stories that have proper build up.You need humble beginnings in long tales.
>>
>>30163515
capture some ub with good nature and go
>>
>>30163289
at least it had post-game
>>
>>30164683
>Story makes a game good
Modern Gaming is a mistake
>>
>>30169064
Name one anime over 200 episodes that doesn't become terrible
>>
too much cutscenes and why is this game world so fucking small?
>>
File: this.gif (608KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
608KB, 500x300px
>>30164118
>>the pokemon called for help

fuck whoever decided to add this
>>
File: 1459332196274.jpg (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459332196274.jpg
302KB, 1920x1080px
Doing ub-03 / just beat Red

Going to replay it soon (have CFW)

pic related is the new team I'm thinking about using
>>
>>30163187
holy fucking shit the cinematic took 30 fucking minutes after the E4
>>
>>30163336
This. What the fuck man
>>
>>30173109
jesus its still going
>>
>>30163593
>>30166836
"Homebrew" wins again. Free banks work just fine.
>>
>>30163187
Not until I finish my live Alola dex. 56% done. Haven't even touched Battle Tree yet, saving that for when I get my dex as maxed as possible.
Also restarting Sun when my bro gets Moon so I can experience the story again while he plays it the first time through, so no. :)
>>
im leveling up my festival plaza and breeding pokemons to give away

not bored yet
>>
>>30171698
>all games have to be bland and mindless
(not that I'm defending that cutscene spam bullshit)
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.