[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else turned this off during their initial run of Sun & Moon,?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: images (2).jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Who else turned this off during their initial run of Sun & Moon,?
>>
>>30158230
I did. It's basically a handicap.
>>
>>30158277
The Exp. Share itself is a handicap I mean.
>>
>>30158230
Turned it off and decided to use set battle style.
>>
>>30158230
I did and even with Refresh ended up close to 4 levels under the elite 4 and something like 6 levels below Kukui. It was really fun, and refresh balanced out the level difference with some dodges here and there. It really dynamic and is probably how I'll always replay these games.
>>
File: 1477973332293.png (374KB, 1019x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1477973332293.png
374KB, 1019x1019px
>enjoying mindless grinding

I get it, you guys are "Hardcore Gamers" and all, but grinding for 2 hours instead of 20 minutes doesn't make you better at the game.
But whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
I'm sure you all turned off EXP Share. Good for you. That means more grinding.

What I wanna know is if you put the game in SET BATTLE style for the authentic and strategic feel of online?
>>
I didn't, but I wish I did.

>t.autist who keeps team evenly leveled
>by the time all my mons were level, say, 30, my starter had advanced to 31
>literally didn't see my starter in battle for about 15 hours
>still ended up slightly underleveled for the E4
>>
>>30158230
Everyone who is not a shitter. Set style is also a must.

I've been watching a few videos on youtube and literally, LITERALLY everyone is playing with exp share and switch style.
>>
>>30158336
It's just funner imo. You get more of a challenge out of the game when you don't use the Exp. Share.
>>
>>30158336
There isn't any grinding required to keep your Pokemon relevant, unless you think fighting the route trainers is grinding.
>>
File: 1478986773405.png (516KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1478986773405.png
516KB, 1280x738px
>turned it off
>set battle style
>no z moves

>the games were actually insanely difficult

Whoa, I was expecting an even worse experience than gen 6, which was a cakewalk without megas and xp share.
Gotta hand it to Gamefreak, these games are great.

I've almost never, ever had to grind in Pokemon. I can count the times on one hand, but this was almost necessary in Sun/Moon.
>>
>>30158704
>>30158336
The levelling rubberband literally prevents grinding from being necessary or rewarding.
>>
>>30158759
What's the rubberband?'

I grinded about 3 times in the game. Before the last battle with horse loli, before victory road, and around the second island.
>>
>>30158704
This is the best setting for SunMoon.
I'm having a blast.
>>
>>30158336
>playing 2hu on easy
>>
>>30158336
If you have to grind with EXP Share off, you suck at pokemon
>>
>>30158842
I think he is referring to the fact that they brought back the Gen 5 experience formula that gives more EXP if you are lower level than the enemy, and less EXP if your level is greater.
>>
>>30158336
There's no necessary grinding with the Exp. Share off, even on Poni you're underleveled by just 1-2 levels, which you should be able to overcome if you're not a total scrub
>>
I left it on so I could fill large parts of my Pokedex during the story. I haven't finished a Pokedex since Yellow, so I thought I'd give it a try in SuMo (knowing that I'll probably have to wait for bank to finish it).
>>
I didn't because tedious grinding isn't fun.

>HURR HURR U DON'T NEED TO GRIND XDD JUST OVERLEVER YOUR STARTER!

Fuck off. I use a full team and don't have time to mindlessly kill wild Pokemon to keep them at the same level.
>>
>>30159070
I reached the Elite Four with a team of 6 at L45. Was really fun getting there.

Then I admit I went and took Nebby out of the PC to help because the E4 was a bit too overwhelming at those levels for my team
>>
>>30159198
You are retarded. Just shuffle your team around before going against a trainer, it's not hard. I switched my Decidueye for a Minior back in the 4th island because he wasn't keeping up and the only thing I had to do to get him on par with the rest of my team was 1.- put it on the first slot 2.- switch it out first turn. It gained like 20 easy levels by simply progressing through the Poni Canyon, no grinding at all.
>>
Turned it off after evolving Wimpod.
>>
>>30159351
battling optional trainers is grinding.

>n-no it's not!

Then battling optional wild Pokemon isn't grinding either :)
>>
>>30159406
Battling optional trainers isn't grinding
Purposely running into wild pokemon to fight them and not catch them is grinding.
>>
>>30159479
>Battling optional trainers isn't grinding
But it is.
You're purposely running into them to gain exp.
Thus, grinding.
>>
I tend to prefer not shooting myself in the foot on purpose in video games so no I did not
>>
>>30159497
No, you are purposely avoiding them when you don't challenge them. The trainers are meant to see the ordinary player going through the route
>>
>>30158230
I thought I would turn it off but after playing the gen V games for the first time this summer I realized that regardless of the level rubber-banding I can't help but grind until I can beat everything into a pulp so I might as well save some time and admit that I'm a casual player who has more fun curb stomping these games than facing a challenge.
>>
I turned it on and off throughout the game to try to stay a little under the bosses' levels. Did major bosses (Kahunas, team bosses, E4) on set mode for extra intensity, but anything else was on switch because it's just a fucking chore otherwise
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.