[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Times Sun/Moon's difficulty fucked you in the ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: reeeee.png (237KB, 637x494px) Image search: [Google]
reeeee.png
237KB, 637x494px
>complete the whole story without losing a single battle
>get to Battle Tree
>Blue and Red show up
>battle Red
>just barely beat him, down to my last pokemon
>Red is all silent and Blue is like "haha whatever faggot see you after you win 50 battles in a row"
>enter single battles tournament
>use my Magnezone, Incineroar and Toucanon
>first opponent sends out Tauros first
>hm, okay no big deal let's try Discharge
>Tauros used Earthquake
>Magnezone held on with Sturdy
>Discharge paralyzes Tauros
>because of paralysis I go first next turn and take it out with another Discharge
>okay, not bad
>opponent sends out Drenpa (or whatever that dragon is called)
>I forget what move I picked but it didn't matter because the thing blasted me with Flamethrower
>fug
>I have nothing that is good against a dragon type
>send out Incineroar and use that really powerful dark type move
>barely does anything
>the dragon takes me out with two Surf's
>send out Toucanon
>manage to finish the dragon off with Drill Peck
>okay, please let his last pokemon be something easy
>he sends out Noivern
>Noivern thunderbolts my Toucanon and I lose
>fuck

did I just get unlucky or is every Battle Tree match that brutal? I mean I knew they would be tough but that was pretty heavy for the very first match.
>>
>>30158058
Your team is shit.
>>
>>30158058
Every match is brutal.

The Maison would at least pretend to be gentle the first few matches. Battle Tree has a team tailored to fuck your ass from the first match.
>>
>>30158058
ur team a shit
>>
>>30158058
Battle Tree is brutal 24/7. Prep your Smogon strats.
>>
>>30158058
Battle Tree is brutal.

Thought I could go in with Sticky Web/Toxic Spike Ariados support only to get fucked with only Flying-types and Levitators.
>>
What's a good battle tree team for someone getting into competitive?
>>
>>30158058
Totem Wishiwashi destroyed my Torracat until I found the Scald TM and a Water Absorb Poliwag
>>
Can we talk about other battles too
>mimikyu took me 2 tries to get through because play rough rapes you
>the psychic battle after you beat the game in the poni ruins
>>
File: avilio.gif (1MB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
avilio.gif
1MB, 500x381px
>>30158058
Battle tree is super fucking easy.

I ran it with mudsdale for physical sweep, celeestela for special bulky tank/sweep and Xurkitree leading out with Z-electric terrain. I wiped the majority of teams using xurkitree alone. He is too fucking strong.

Didn't even bother ev training them. Just caught them and used as is except for mudsdale who is adamant and has been in my team for since the start. Just slap some shitty item on as a place holder and you're good to go. Red at the 20th win is piss easy and his belly-drum charizard is a joke.
>>
File: ppeppepepe.jpg (62KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
ppeppepepe.jpg
62KB, 840x544px
>>30158321

Then again I am better than the majority of people ITT and actually know how to play the game so that could the cause of my success.
>>
>>30158234
Brute force strategies usually work the best in the Battle facilities, just make a team of shit that has high attacking stats or are decent all around with good bulk.

I threw together a doubles team with Garchomp, Gyarados and Celesteela for EQ spam with Whimsicott for Tailwind and it got me to like 35 wins on the first go.
>>
Here's a trick I did in the maison a while back. Dunno if it still works, but it's worth a shot.

Team:
>Truant Durant with Entrainment (preferably with Focus Sash)
>Any setup mon with protect (Ninjask is the best for this because of baton pass and can boost a lot of things at once)
>Filler (any hard hitter is fine)

Step 1: Lead Durant and give the opponent Truant.
Step 2: Switch into your setup mon and set up on the truant mon, protecting on turns that the opponent is able to attack. They never switch because they don't know how to. It's wise to have a sub up as well. I used Ninjask to get my speed boosts and Hone Claws boost before baton passing in a sub onto my Mega Heracross and proceeded to run through everything.
Step 3: Sweep
>>
>>30158441
it doesn't work because you can't get entrainment Durant legally yet.
>>
>fighting Hapu with no grass Pokemon, no flying/levitating Pokemon and Toxapex as the only water Pokemon

Then my Charjabug evolved after the fight.
>>
I wasn't ready for the Dark Kahuna. It wouldn't have been a problem, but every time he confused me with Krokorok, the game refused to let me hit him. I eventually broke and revived my Pokemon, because I was kinda salty over it.
>>
>>30158388
You did use ultra beasts, which cheese the hell out of everything. Seems lame as shit
>>
>>30158546
Better than being cheesed by the NPC's, anon. They all fight dirty. I'm not battling in that shit just to impress some chick or whatever. Going in for the BP and that's it. Nothing more nothing less.
>>
Kakui kicked my ass like 4 times.

Here's one time that made me rage hard:

>both down to one pokemon, Ninetails for him and Lycanroc for me
>Ninetails uses Blizzard, brings me down to 10% health
>I use Rock Slide, do the same
>"OH FUCK I'M GONNA WIN, JUST GOTTA USE ACCELROCK"
>his ninetails uses FUCKING ICE SHARD

almost threw my 3ds across the room
>>
>>30158058
When I put the cartridge up my ass
>>
Teacher Emily with her fucking Meowth that only knows Bite almost fucked me over because I constantly got Flinched.
>>
>everything's going fine, no losses
>suddenly Totem Lurantis shows up
>Solar Blades my face in, spams Synthesis like it was going out of style when she's missing even a single goddamn HP
>summons a Supersonic-spamming Trumbeak if you're lucky
>or Castform with Sunny day to make Solar Blade better and to have it spam Weather Ball if you aren't
That sure didn't feel like it was only 5 PP.
>>
Does this battle tree thing have a register feature that allows trainers to register their teams and they can show up for others?
>>
>>30159019
Iktf, my Tsareena with high jump kick killed that, snorlax, and magnezone with 1hp and my last mon. God that thing was hard.
>>
My very first loss was to that shirtless faggot professor after E4. Thought there would be no 5th battle since I'm first champ. Thought maybe game would once more break tradition. Used all my items on e4 and my team was a wreck, so lost. Was p.mad.

gives him the right to challenge me?

Second was after making it through poni area on way to battle tree, fighting off hordes of E4 lvl trainers with no pmc in sight ,then when I get to the end they hit me with UNAVOIDABLE RED FIGHT without letting me heal.

Sure you can also fight blue, but he's just as strong. And be honest nobody fucking picked blue.
>>
>>30159216
What gives*
>>
>man rockruff does no damage and takes so much
>fight against the faggot with the red cards
>almost white out against his own rockruff
>>
>>30159216
>And be honest nobody fucking picked blue.

I picked Blue :^)
>>
What are Red and Blue mons?
>>
>>30158058
>Noivern
>Thunderbolt
>>
how do i get new trainers to partner with at the battle tree
>>
guzma knocked out a few of my mons. i didn't lose but he has some surprisingly tough pokemon. just finished fighting him at aether.
>>
>>30159216
I picked Blue
>>
I didn't think Kukui was that hard. Mostly because he let my Kommo-o set up DD like 3 times and allowed me to kill half his team.
>>
So I just talked to looker the second time, are the UBs random encounters or what?
>>
>>30162153
Use repels with Pokemon stronger than the wild Pokemon but weaker than the UB in the front of your party. You'll find the UB 100% of the time in the grass.
>>
>>30162153
They spawn in the areas he tells you randomly, just lead with a poke slightly below lvl 55 and use repels.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.