[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm loving my Crabrawler. Is its evo really that garbage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: 250px-740Crabominable_Dream.png (59KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-740Crabominable_Dream.png
59KB, 250x250px
I'm loving my Crabrawler. Is its evo really that garbage?
>>
its basically the same pokemon except it has ice punch and hits harder. I haven't had any problems
>>
>>30155111
In competitive yeah, tis a shame too, I love how goofy his face is and he has a Chinamen hat on
>>
File: 1478320617478.jpg (24KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1478320617478.jpg
24KB, 399x388px
>>30155111
Crabrawler and Crabomination both look like shit.
>>
>>30155111
Nah, its basically the same + ice type. People are just whining its not their Fighting/Ice glass cannon. They also seem to hate the idea of a crab boxer that aimed too high and got lost on a snowy mountain becoming a yeti (crab).
>>
>>30155111
Fine in single player but god awful in competitive.
>>
>>30155176
you take that back
>>
>>30155143
>his
>>
>It just throws punches indiscriminately. In times of desperation, it can lop off its own pincers and fire them like rockets.
>No Mach Punch
>No Ice Shard

WHY GAMEFREAK WHY
>>
>>30155176
>Frogposter has shite taste

Of course.
>>
>>30155111
Why is this artwork blurry shit?
>>
I have Crabominable and it hits hard, too bad it can only last about 3 turns
>>
>>30155176
Crabominable's design grew on me
>>
>Doesn't get Ice Shard or Mach Punch

W H A T
W E R E
T H E Y
T H I N K I N G
>>
>>30155245
>they'll never do a re-balance via patching because making a new slightly different version makes more money

BETTER BUY POKEMON STAR
>>
>>30155189
No. People are whining because it is a fighting/ice glass cannon. If it had the bulk to actually take a hit and a priority move it would be an amazing mon
>>
>>30155111
It dies in one fucking hit
I guess he can work with trick room though, but I'm really sad because I like his design
>>
File: BIG_0.png (194KB, 593x791px) Image search: [Google]
BIG_0.png
194KB, 593x791px
I hope like with Brobopass the evolutions design grows on me, I really love crabrawler, but not so much for crabominable just yet
>>
>>30155327
Not even that, just one of the two.
>Ice Shard+Bullet Punch/Match Punch
>Bulk to USE THAT ATTACK STAT.
>>
>>30155307
It even has Iron Fist.
Its GameFreak anon. What do you think they were thinking?
>>
>>30155223
>Her
OUT YOU DEGENERATE
U
T
>>
>>30155327
>Ice
>Bulk
Anon I...

>>30155436
It just needs priority my dude.
Well, trick room wouldn't help.
Hell, a better speed stat would have been pretty nice.
>>
>>30155111
>tfw it could've been bulkier if they had given it Fur Coat
>Could've moved some HP into Speed or Sp. Defense
Fur Coat / Anger Point / Iron Fist should've been its abilities. I'm really mad at GF, Hoenn style mons with a lot of attack but shit defenses and being really slow doesn't do a Pokemon any good.
>>
>Gamefreak plays up Crabrawler as the next big competitive mon at its reveal
>It turns out to be complete shit
>Also it's a prevo
WHY?
>>
>>30155111
>Yeti crabs have tons of fur
>Doesn't get Fur Coat

why does it have anger point and not fur coat
>>
>>30155176
>Crabrawler
>Shit design
Get out
>>
>>30155176
>Frogposter
>having an opinion

shut up dumb frogposter
>>
Would Eviolite Crabrawler work?
>>
>>30155111
>Crabrawler can't even work with Eviolite

fuck
>>
>>30155111
He's pretty good ingame.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>30155176
I'd prefer Crabominable if it didn't have those stupid fucking paws and kept something crab like facially.
>>
File: 1479177242446.jpg (15KB, 388x341px) Image search: [Google]
1479177242446.jpg
15KB, 388x341px
>Evolves at the latest point in the game possible
>Design goes from cool boxer Coconut crab to a retarded yeti crab for no reason
>Ice/Fighting type completely wasted on a Pokemon with NO Speed, NO bulk (Ice Pokemon with bulk, fucking lmao) and no access to Ice Shard/Mach Punch or any sort of priority move that makes real use of it's staggeringly high atk which is literally its only good point
>>
>>30155111
his problem is his pre evo is just too godamn perfect, no evo form was going to be as beloved as that coconut crab, and when you take that on top of a ANOTHER slow ice type, deny him the really good priority moves,you jsut get another destined to be forgotten filler ice type.
>>
>>30155495
we know what they think
"ice means icebreg, icebergs are slow and huge, we so smert"

it's a bloody miracle they gave ice types aurora veil, crabboy's just par for their course.
>>
>>30155780
>>30155789
I'm gonna try it out and see if it works
>>
>>30155624
man fur coat would have been great, i'd even give up sweet ass iron fist for it on evo if need be. fuck it i'll take fluffy too.
>>
>>30155806
yeah but so is like everything if you can properly move layout/ev train.

he was just such a great design with so much personality, all these great subtle visual animation things, then he just evolves into a giant hairy yeti crab and doesn't gain anything to make him stand out beyond looking derp.
>>
File: enhance.jpg (40KB, 387x219px) Image search: [Google]
enhance.jpg
40KB, 387x219px
>>30155825
It does keep the crab face. It just also gains a retarded derpy human-like mouth under it for no reason.

If it kept its mouth shut it would be a tolerable design. If the color scheme didn't so badly clash with the yeti fur (the chest pads look completely unnatural) and it kept the pompadour it would be perfect.
>>
>boxer Pokemon
>slow as shit
>only learns four of the 15 or so punch moves
I'm fucking mad.
>>
i love how he looks and I love his typing, but her movepool is absolute trash
>>
>gains ice type
>immediately trades speed for defense
>not even a decent increase in defense
>Crabrawler's attack stat isn't good enough to use without evolving

I hate Gamefreak so fucking much. I really do.
>>
>>30156301
because once they decided he'd be ice type, he got variety screwed. Ice fire and grass seem to have the most anal 'only these moves are allowed' rules.
>>
>>30156718
"if we keep making slow defensive ice types, Ice will totally become a defense type!"
>>
>>30155111
you will do fine in the main story
but store him in your PC for competative battles and battle tree
>>
I love the lore for this thing and I think the design is neat even if I prefer Crabrawler by a large margin. But the stats and movepool kill both of them.

They should have either been counterpart mons or had the evolution only change stat allocation so both are viable on their own. Crabominable being defensive focused and Crabrawler being a speedy attacker. Instead they're both just useless shitmons.
>>
>>30156970
they just weren't willing to fully commit. we have 2 fur based abilities that boost defense, he gets neither, we have multiple priority moves, he's denied the ones for his type, and he's denied most of the punches because ice refused to have move variety.

insult to injury is a bulky water bug with just as beastly attack, good def, AND built entirely around trolling with priority.
>>
>>30155111
I love both of them. I grew onto derpy yeti crab because of it's lore. Shame that it's another Pokemon line that I love but fucking sucks in competitive. I guess I can hope that it'll at least be viable in whatever tier it lands (PU i'd guess).
>>
>this is the only new ice type in the game

Jesus fuck GF, just remove the ice type and save us this misery
>>
>>30156748
I like how grass is basically stuck with its own moves while water usually gets access to ice moves because fuck you.
>>
>>30158489
ice is just cold water brah
>>
>>30158489

Water is Gamefreak's special baby.

>all the new water pokemon added
>primarina's stats/typing are blatantly better than the other two
>scald went unnerfed
>>
>>30155111
Does Crabhammer count as a punch/boosted by Iron Fist?
>>
>>30159413
Last time I checked, which was in gen 6, it did not. Only a handful of moves are boosted by iron fist and all of them end in "punch".
>>
>>30159460
Hammer Arm?
>>
>>30159774
And Ice Hammer
>>
Carbomination is okay but I kinda wish they didn't just completely throw out the whole fisticuffs thing Crabrawler had going.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.