[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Features

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon.png (1MB, 902x563px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.png
1MB, 902x563px
Why is it that with every cool new addition GameFreak adds to each generation, they neglect some of the previous generation's best features? The Battle Frontier, Pokemon following you, music changing during gym battles, GB sounds, etc.?
>>
People will say it's a two team thing,

Without thinking about why the same team doesn't have the same features.

In the end, it's a cash grab attempt to keep older games relevant.
>>
>>30150959
It is always one step forward, two steps back with these guys.
>>
>>30150959
How is Pokemon following you "one of the best features"?
>>
What hurts me more is that they do it on purpose. They already stated that it "brings uniqueness and flair to each iteration/region"

It's their choice, and a conscious one at that.

It's either that, or evolve the series on a Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy way of naming the games "Pokemon XV: Sun/Moon" and keeping the features and only improving on top of that.
Which is exactly what good game series do. Hell, even gimmicks like Mario Sunshine and the FLUDD thing builds up on Mario's movements and jumps from 64. That base even carried on through Galaxy fucking 2

But nooo, Pokemon in on a constant loop of bizarre reboots, lore inconsistencies, only to make everything more convenient to a lazy ass developing studio
>>
>>30151006
I dunno, it was just something about HGSS I really liked. Maybe it was due to how it reminded me of playing Pokemon Yellow as a kid, but i didn't really see a reason for it's removal.
>>
sometimes its good that new features are dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsoxjylnQ68
>>
I'm not too far in the game but so far the pager is one of my favorite features added to the franchise so far. I'm looking forward to GF getting rid of it in the next iteration.
>>
On one hand, though. I'm glad those shitty perminant rollerskates were removed.
>>
>>30151261
Theories on what the next shiny/ha method will be?

I'm guessing using an item before getting into battle that boosts the chances by 2%.
>>
>>30151331
A new Pokémon with a second ability that helps boosts the chance of finding Pokemon with HAs and appears late game and has an obscenely low chance appearance rate.

Because fuck you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.