[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: golisopod.png (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
golisopod.png
67KB, 250x250px
Is he really that bad?
>>
>>30149134
Slow as dirt
every time he gets hit he switches out
weak to rocks

you tell me
>>
>>30149134
>renamed wimp out

Yaahp.
>>
>>30149134
he's ridiculous in combination with other revenge killers since he can be sacked twice and has a move that near-guarantees chip damage

walled hard by Toxapex though
>>
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoesbeta-478324809
really makes you ponder.
>>
File: Golisogod.png (167KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Golisogod.png
167KB, 500x500px
>>30149134
He's good, he just has a unique role and cant really be used a as a traditional sweeper or tank or anything. His whole thing is revenge kills.
>>
>>30149168
emergency exit isn't on the beta yet?
>>
>>30149240
can't exit if you have no other pokemon
>>
>>30149240
No, the reason he didnt switch out was because he was literally the only pokemon on his team.
>>
>>30149147
>slow as dirt
>all that priority
u wat? this thing is literally revenge kill then get swapped out.
>>
>>30149254
>>30149264
oh snap, i just assumed the team was hidden for some reason
>>
>>30149168
Why don't people just use this pokemon once the rest of them are dead?

Wouldn't it be just as good?
>>
>>30149269
Queenly Magesty
Dazzling
Any Pokemon with their own priority moves
>>
>>30149311
leech life destroys tsareena and bruxish
>>
>>30149311
>Priority
>mattering to something with those defenses
it even resists anything not named Extreme Speed or Sucker Punch

also the priority stopping abilities aren't relevant in OU because Tsareena and Bruxish are bad. If you want to shitpost, mention Psychic Terrain.
>>
Shit health, double shit speed, Rocks weakness, and auto-switch at 50% are an atrocious combination.

Too slow for a Scarf, AV doesn't help, Life Orb hurts him

Leech Life is great for him but he desperately needs more health and a better ability. Would have been better if he forced the opponent to switch when he hit 50%.

You have to be really creative if you want to use him effectively
>>
>>30149333
>>30149348
252+ Atk Starmie Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Surskit: 86-102 (24.2 - 28.8%) -- 98.3% chance to 4HKO
+3 252+ Atk Lilligant (No Move) vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Surskit: 202-238 (57 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bruxish forces it out after SR damage, Trop Kick sends it out from full health
>>
>>30149435
>if he forced the opponent to switch when he hit 50%.
Seems like a terrible idea, the opponent could just switch in a mon that counters him for free.
>>
File: PUSSY AND PIZZA.jpg (2MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
PUSSY AND PIZZA.jpg
2MB, 3200x2368px
>>30149155
>Wimp Out and Emergency Exit are exactly the same
That's the laziest shit I've seen Game Freak do, in over two decades of rehashing Pokemon. And it's just wasteful programming - could've just kept one ability for Wimpod and Golispod.
>>
>>30149527
Again, Bruxish and Tsareena are never used, and you shouldn't be switching Golisopod in on much because it's a revenge killer
>>
>>30149621
Could be a random switch like whirlwind. And the idea is your forcing out his counter, since it presumably knocked off 50% of his health
>>
>>30149642
They do this all the time. See Zekrom, Reshiram, Solgaleo, Lunaala, Necrozma.
>>
>>30149642
>copying code from one ability and renaming it is "wasteful programming"
it was 5 minutes at most spent for a funny joke
>>
>>30149642
They have always made multiple abilities that do the exact same thing.
>>
>b-b-but the ability is a good thing! m-m-muh first impression!
>it'll be the ultimate pivot, you'll see!

Laughing at all you retards right now. Yes first impression would be awesome IF it were anything except bug type
>>
>>30149642
I thought Wimp Out gave you no choice in what comes in, while Emergency Exit lets you choose?
>>
>>30149676
None of these pokemon are in the same evolutionary line.
>>
>>30149788
No. Emergency Exit is exactly the same as Wimp Out in everything but name and flavor.

It's a "tactical retreat" instead of "pussing out"

which it still does.
>>
Wimpod was bullied his whole life so he grew up wanting revenge on those who made fun of him.
>>
>>30149295
Doing that defeats the purpose of First Impression, and it functions well as a revenge killer and pivot. Golisopod will almost be guaranteed to get at the very least a First Impression off. If it does and it gets a kill, it can still follow up on the second opponent with Aqua Jet or Sucker Punch, tank just enough damage to get below 50%, and grant a free switch to a counter to whatever knocked it away.
It's definitely not a good idea to take away Golisopod's strongest aspect: a free Eject Button that activates at a % HP threshold, with a +2 STAB priority that only functions in tandem with the Ability.
>>
>>30149710
Shoo shoo Rotom-W
>>
>>30150072
>>30150072
>+2 STAB priority
what?
>that only functions in tandem with the Ability
They could have just given it uturn and it would have functioned a hundred times better.
Come in, first impression, then uturn out. Imagine how fucking great that would have been. You wouldn't be forced to run a priority spamming set either. Imagine just how good it would be if you could set up swords dance or bulk up and just spam leech life. This thing could have been amazing. >>30150072
>+2 STAB priority
what?
>that only functions in tandem with the Ability
They could have just given it uturn and it would have functioned a hundred times better.
Come in, first impression, then uturn out. Imagine how fucking great that would have been. You wouldn't be forced to run a priority spamming set either. Imagine just how good it would be if you could set up swords dance or bulk up and just spam leech life. This thing could have been amazing.
Instead its stuck with Emergency exit which will probably only ever come into effect once. What a great pivot
>>
>>30150549
>+2 STAB Priority
He means First Impression, which is +2 priority.
>>
File: 1467071121998.jpg (22KB, 315x219px) Image search: [Google]
1467071121998.jpg
22KB, 315x219px
>>30149134
>Bug typing

You tell me.
>>
I like that it has spikes. You bring it in on a Greninja or something like that and threaten first impression, and 100% of the time they'll go to their Toxapex like a dumbass if they have it. When they do you just jizz out three layers. Only downside is that is having to swap out one of your attacking moves for it.
>>
>>30150644
Pheromosa would like a word with you
>>
>>30150762
Pheromosa is going to be F rank in Ubers.
>>
>>30149134
I was testing him on showdown

It's good as a revenge killer , but its ability really hurts him if you want to setup
>>
>>30149134
he'll get tough claws in a future game. until then it sucks
>>
>>30149642
wimp out makes you run away from wild pokemon
>>
>>30149621
It could just be an automatic Roar/Whirlwind, which swap in pokemon at random.

Anything is better than a renamed Wimp Out.
>>
>>30150762

Pheromosa is good in spite of its bug typing, not because. Learn the difference. It's like when people defended poison type with "b-b-but gengar!"

Pheromosa would be better if it were pure fighting or just about any other type combo. The only advantage bug type will serve is U turn, and other than that it adds more weaknesses, shitty coverage, stealth rocks increased damage, etc.
>>
>skill swap potential
wew lad
>>
>>30150879
idk man, Emergency Exit has been useful to me more times than its been a hindrance. Being able to swap something in for free is always appreciated.
>>
>>30150853
>a gimmick ability will get replaced later
yeah, like defeatist, slow start, truant, etc.
>>
Yeah, he's slow. But with that ridiculous attack and buffed Leech Life, he can get just about all of it back.

Also, you have to cater to his ability. That's how he works. Do you people not know how good First Impression is?
>>
File: 1457503849276.jpg (244KB, 960x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457503849276.jpg
244KB, 960x500px
Mine is pretty gud
It can take a few hits before its ability happens

Impish nature is the way to go
>>
I was battling with a friend of mine a couple nights ago, and Golisopod was the MVP. Coming in on a weak mon and First Impressioning them to get a free kill, then switching out into a teammate. When the last mon (Lilligant) came out, Golisopod came back in and took her out in one hit with First Impression.

Also I feel that Emergency Exit is a blessing rather than a hindrance. Especially came in handy against Hapu and the champion.
>>
>>30149134
wouldve been better if he gott a move off before emergency exit activates. both minior and wishi change forms after the attack phase. shouldve done the same for golis
>>
>>30151016
>/vp/
>knowing anything about competitive
>>
>>30151650
>3 fucking priority moves
It's going to get a attack off before it gets forced out 100% of the time.
>>
Fun Fact about Emergency Exit: If your opponent Volt Switches on you and it knocks you below threshold, Emergency Exit will interrupt and override the Switch effect of Volt Switch, leaving a useless Electric type sitting on the board feeling dumb.

Now, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to make this profit for me all the time, but still interesting to know.
>>
>>30152092
THIS. Emergency Exit cancels the switching effect of the opponent's Volt-Switch and U-Turn, so it's quite useful in that sense
>>
>>30149188
Damn this official art looks pretty cool. If only he was in a more dynamic pose.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.