[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUN AND MOON QUESTION THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 371
Thread images: 22

File: 1470838338718.jpg (257KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470838338718.jpg
257KB, 900x1200px
Where do I find nest balls and timer balls again? I have a hard time remembering these alola cities
>>
Piggybacking off of this - my Event Munchlax is about to evolve. I kind of want to keep the two event-only moves because they can't be relearned (unless that changed this gen?), so is there anything else from Munchlax worth leveling up to learn before I evolve it, knowing it won't have a stellar moveset if I keep those moves?
>>
>>30147870
Is dex completion seen or caught? What are the rewards?
>>
>>30149900
I got the lucky egg Kukui gives you after 50 caught, not seen, so I assume the former
>>
>>30149632
I think you can probably relearn them with the move releaner, create a save, replace them and see what happens
>>
I missed the TMs return and frustration the first time i arrive to japan city abd now the fucking harambe doesn't appear. I lost the tms forever?
>>
These threads are now pointless.
JUST CHECK SEREBII
>>
>>30149632
>>30149961
You can, event pokémon have the moves coded as "egg moves" and thus they will always pop up on the relearner.
>>
>>30147870
Best place for nest balls is the supermarket on the second island. They are sold at 500 each instead of 1000 when you have the store coupon.
>>
>>30149961
I'm on the second island.
>>
>>30150007
Seriously? They fixed that problem from gen 6? Drove me nuts back then.
>>
>>30150038
This was introduced in gen 6
>>
>>30149900
It's definitely caught.
>>
If you rebattle a Tapu later, will their nature and IVs be different?
>>
File: really bitter.jpg (9KB, 93x207px) Image search: [Google]
really bitter.jpg
9KB, 93x207px
So I asked in another thread last night about a glitch that occurred when I changed the clock on my 3DS for DST. Some anons told me it was just the system locking me out and that it wasn't a glitch, but the demo had a glitch where it lasted for something like a week (requiring me to delete the demo and reinstall it, using my save-data backup to pick up where I left off, but still losing out on the week of time).

I changed my clock at about midnight Monday morning. I haven't been able to do anything in the Festival Plaza (except racking up FC from passerby), and the Pelago won't have Wild pokemon come back (which locks me out of some pokemon that are exclusive to that feature). Now, if it was just "lel you changed your clock sucker", that'd be fine, but it's been 2.5 days. This is either a glitch or stupidly excessive on GF's part, and I don't like either.

Is there some way to fix this, or do I have to hope for GF to put out a patch (fat chance if ORAS is any indicator)? Is it a "feature" that nobody at GF figured they should tell the players about?
>>
>>30150938
If they told people about it no one would change their clocks, making it useless. Stop fucking around and play the game.
>>
How do I beat Totem Lurantis?
>>
I'm doing the eeveelution sidequest, and I cannot find out where the hell the Jolteon trainer is suppose to be. The guy at the Megamart just said she was working somewhere on Ula'ula island, but I've tried searching the whole island without any luck.
>>
Where do I find all the Eevee trainers for that quest
Where's the seafolk lady
>>
>>30151148
You get Ash's Greninja out of your box and equip it with a Z-move.
>>
>>30150977
It's been almost 3 days. This shit shouldn't lock me out for 3 days just because DST rolled around.

Most players are going to change their clocks when DST starts or ends. Are you telling me that twice a year I have to lock myself out of in-game features because somebody once rigged their clock so that they could catch Drifloon in Platinum? Fuck off.

>If they told people about it nobody would change their clocks.
That's false and you either know it and are pretending to be retarded or woefully ignorant. Shuffle and Rumble World both chide you for changing your clock when you boot them up afterwards, and either give you an estimate for when shit will fix itself (Rumble) or give you a condition for fixing it manually (Shuffle). These are games that have been out for longer than SM have been in development, and both were overseen by GF.

Hell, SM even warns you about disconnecting mid-trade, saying it will lock you out of trading if you DC. They couldn't be assed to slap a similar warning elsewhere saying "If you change your clock we're locking you out of Plaza and Pelago".

>Stop fucking around and play the game
I beat the main story, the league, the UB quest, caught all of the Legendaries/UBs/Tapus, and all that's left is to fuck up the Battle Tree, which is literally just the Battle Maison.

>>30151186
Go to the small town with all of the boats on Poni Island. There's a kid there whose grandmother was the Vaporeon trainer. He'll challenge you in her place.
>>
>>30151242
Thanks
I ignored the kid because I was looking for an old lady
>>
No sweet scent outside of battle or am I retarded?
>>
>>30147870
whats the easiest way to make a pokemon's enjoyment go down in refresh I want to max out friendship with certain mons fast so they will evolve
>>
>>30151177
WHERE IS MR ULA ULA
>>
File: porygon.jpg (23KB, 197x209px) Image search: [Google]
porygon.jpg
23KB, 197x209px
I was wondering if someone knows where I can get Porygon and its disk in Sun/Moon
>>
>>30150477
Yes

>>30151148
git gud
Also Salazzle

>>30151420
Nope, just use Honey
>>
So I hear the move reminder is in super late game. I don't need details, but I'd like to know: Can you find them before or after all the trails are finished?
>>
>>30151636
after
>>
File: bx5tvkj6O1so9r.png (354KB, 540x563px) Image search: [Google]
bx5tvkj6O1so9r.png
354KB, 540x563px
What's the best / fastest way to raise Pichu's happiness?
>>
>>30147870
Has anyone got good recommendations for HP EV training relatively early into the game (ideally with Pokémon no higher than level 20).

In the process of EV training my Grimer, I managed to catch a shiny Grimer and a shiny Wishiwashi, and now I've got to EV train the new shiny Grimer. I figure I may as well try for another shiny.
>>
>>30151486
Who the fuck is mr ula ula
>>
>>30151736
WHERE IS MR ULA ULA
>>
How are the legendaries set up? Easy to SR for nature/IVs?

Is the IVs always guaranteed to be atleast 3 perfect ones like in Gen 6?
>>
How exactly does the second Cosmog work? Is it set from the beginning to be a second Lunala if you're playing Moon, or will it evolve into Solgaleo if you trade it to Sun?
>>
>found a Pichu
>confused it
>got it to red health
>broke out of three pokeballs and killed itself

A-alright
I guess I'll just stick with my Magnemite, st-steel is better anyways

Back to searching for that Abra in the shopping district I guess
>>
What is the best way of leveling up after the main story or should I just keep doing the elite 4 for exp?
>>
>>30151889
>confused it

For what reason?
>>
Hey, yeah can someone help me find Mr. Ula Ula?
>>
why was i able to catch moondog at vast poni canyon

i have sun version btw
>>
Whatever happened to the whole "Ultra Beasts imprint on people" thing? I mean obviously it's not in the story but the similarities between some of the UBs and major NPCs seems like it was a major plot point once.
>>
File: 186.jpg (18KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
186.jpg
18KB, 220x220px
Really wanna raise a Politoed again, it's my favourite Pokemon. But you can only get King's Rock postgame. Is Poliwag farming still doable? Or should I cut my losses and pick a different pokemon?
>>
>>30151951
Thought it would make it easier to catch
>>
>>30151994
We'll find out in Pokémon Earth :^)
>>
>>30149975
This please, I'm on yhe same boat
>>
>>30152123
not only that, you can catch a politoed through s.o.s. farming in the rain
>>
>>30152125
It doesn't.

Also, it may well end up killing the Pokémon.
>>
Are the framerate issues any better on the New 3DS?
>>
>>30151674
Go to a high level wild Pokemon area, give Pichu Soothe Bell, turn on EXP share and have it level off a few kills to ~28. It'll evolve just on that. Works with all other happiness based evolutions; leveling gives them happiness and the Soothe Bell multiplies it by some number.

Takes only a few minutes, assuming the Pichu is a low level to start with (freshly caught at 5 or so)
>>
File: 147433737511w.jpg (109KB, 466x398px) Image search: [Google]
147433737511w.jpg
109KB, 466x398px
>>30151625
>can't get Salazzle until Level 33
>Level 23 Salandit does 25% of Lurantis's HP with an ember, slightly less than 50% of her HP with a z-move
>Lurantis synthesizes if she ever drops below 50% HP
>>
>>30152286
Oh, sweet, I may be in luck then! thank you!
>>
>>30152638
Should have picked Growlithe instead as your fire type :^)

Or, legitimately, picked a different strong-type against Lurantis. I used Crobat and Wing Attack spam to kill it easy.
>>
Is there a guide of what pokemon are found on what route?
>>
>>30152912
Serebii's PokeEarth has it.
>>
>>30147870
is there any way to catch a low level marowak? Do I really have to wait until the elite 4 to teach it its moves?
>>
If I ask Olivia out on a date? Do I have a chance?
>>
Where is Mr Ula Ula?
>>
>>30152955
No
>>
>>30150005
serebee doesnt have all the answers you dip
>>
>>30147870
Alola Raichu or Tsareena. Who should be the final member of my team:
Primarina
Toucannon
Lycanroc day
Beware
Salazzle
>>
File: Nothing.png (122KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing.png
122KB, 250x250px
I forgot where Hau told me to go to find the Battle Tree because I accidentally found Looker. I think he said something about Poni Island.
>>
>>30153236
Alola raichu, because it isn't waifubait.
>>
>>30153300
Raichu makes me cum. It's thick.
>>
Does anybody know if your game saves automatically after you beat the champion? I'm on a road trip and had no access to a charger so my 3DS died after literally 45 minutes of unskippable cut scenes.

I got up to the credits roll, am I fucced or?
>>
Is there a way to buy any more Johto Apricot balls in game? They have the best designs to be honest.
>>
>>30153386
You gotta beat the champ again. It saves after the cutscenes.

It seems like Gamefreak took every good QoL change that people liked in XY and said "Fuck that noise" and backtracked it as hard as they could.
>>
File: hU1rlulmlo1_r1_540.gif (2MB, 540x388px) Image search: [Google]
hU1rlulmlo1_r1_540.gif
2MB, 540x388px
To get an Alolan Raichu, I can just evolve Pikachu normally with a Stone, right?
Or is there a special way?
>>
Is there a trick to getting people happy in the Festival Plaza?
Like when they ask "show me a place I'd like". Every single time, they're disappointed

Also does anyone else's festival plaza just have a constant stream of red-names coming in?
>>
>>30153486
Right
>>
>>30153486
Yeah, just evolve a Pikachu normally, so long as you caught it and didn't hatch it from an egg.

>>30153508
>Every Single Time, they're disappointed.
I had this problem until I got a Haunted House. Bounce Houses are also pretty popular.

>Do you just have a constant stream of red-names?
More or less. A lot of time I'll check into the plaza, clear out names, and then pop out just to find more names waiting for me in about 30 seconds.
>>
is it true that pickup can get you a destiny knot?
>>
Is there nay location other than Poni Valley for Jangmo-o? This 5% chance is killing me.
>>
How do you get HA starters?

When can you breed?
>>
Anybody got a list of post game content?

I just went to the Battle Tree and beat Red, but not sure what else to do
>>
>>30153654
You beat all the Post-game already.
>>
>>30153571
wait what? I bred my pikachu to have good natures and hatched it from an egg. am I fugged?
>>
>>30153617
Want me to breed you one?
>>
HELLO?
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND MR ULA ULA
>>
What influences whether or not a Pokemon calls for help?

I've used an Adrenaline Orb and the fucker still barely calls anyone
>>
IGN says that there is a national dex in the game, but I've heard that there isn't one? Is there or is there not? Pls help
>>
>>30153636
You don't.

Second island.
>>
>>30153654
There's the Looker sidequest, the Eevee User sidequest, and the Battle Tree.

You can start the Looker sidequest by popping back to your home. A dude will give you a card that tells you to go to Rt 8 to start the quest proper. You can start the Eeveelution Hunter sidequest by talking to the Veteran manning the cash register at the Discount Megamart.

Other than that, it's pretty much collection stuff: getting the Tapus, filling out your pokedex, getting the TMs, grinding the Battle Tree for BP, grinding the Pelago and the Festival Plaza for their bonuses, catching the second Cosmog and evolving it, and collecting all of the random odds and ends in the game (fashion, items, ect.)
>>
>>30153819
WHERE
IS
MR
ULA
ULA
>>
>>30153847
On Ula Ula island.

How is this hard to figure out?
>>
>>30153778
Everything in the game so far is all Alola Dex. Bank isn't compatible with SM until sometime in January, so there's no way to unlock the National Dex yet.
>>
>>30153847
who? what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>30153778
There isn't one since the game isn't compatible with Bank yet. It's likely that it will be patched in when Bank becomes available in January.
>>
if i get a pokemon on the GTS thats has its name in lets say Japanese: In what language will its name be when it evolves?
>>
>>30149975
>>30152225

No, you can still get it. The Oranguru only shows up at night.
>>
>>30153882
>GF
>Patching a game
Gen VI says "hi". They also want to know where you got that scrap of hope, because they were sure they sucked it all out.
>>
>>30153747
knocked it to low health with false swipe if possible
if it's a pokemon with takedown or a similar recoil move, try to only half health it to give it time to call
>>
What's the probability of an ability being passed on in breeding?

Because I've done like 20 eggs now and they all had the same as the parent, but I want to have the other non hidden one.
>>
Please kill me now. I lost to Guzma with his team of 4, my team is apparently very weak to bug. and now I can't progress because I can't get back to Aether Paradise. What do?
>>
>>30153929
The egg will almost always have the ability of the female (unless the offspring can't get that ability or you're using a Ditto as your female stand-in, in which case it'll use the Male's ability).
>>
>>30153985
You have Charizard ride, don't you?
>>
why in the FUCK is fomantis not bug?
>>
>>30153985
Go to Malie City's pier. Gladion should be waiting there for you.

Otherwise, reset and hope your last save wasn't after your loss or too far back.

>>30154050
You can't fly to Aether Paradise until after you beat the main story.
>>
Where can I find a Toxipec?
>>
>>30154073
Because there were enough new bug types, and Grass/Bug is one of the worst typings in the game
>>
>>30154088
you have to fish for corsola, and then chain-SOS until it summons a mareanie
>>
>>30153992
Thanks, it finally worked.
I was using a male with a ditto and thought only the females have a higher chance of passing on nature.

Maybe with ditto it's different.
>>
>>30154073
Faux mantis. It's an orchid that looks like a mantis.
>>
How do I get an air balloon?
>>
>>30153900
Well, my game is at night is is not nowhere (is moon, BTW).
>>
>>30154076
Thanks you anon <3
>>
>>30154115
>>30154090
why didn't they give it an ability that let it get STAB off bug moves then?
>>
>>30154126
It is ALSO a stupid low chance. Most of the pokemon you actually want in this game are less than 5% encounter rate, only found in a very specific spot, or both. Doubly so if they're a new mon and not one of the THREE FUCKERS YOU SEE EVERYWHERE.

Meanwhile, I didn't even see this many Zubat/Golbat in Gen I. These fuckers are everywhere, from start to finish.
>>
where can I find an accurate guide of pokemon and their rate for every route?
I'm struggling to build a team right now after I learned Grubbin doesn't evolve till late game
>>
>>30150011
are most things already discounted too?
>>
>>30154208
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/alola/route1.shtml
>>
>>30154126
Are you sure you're going to the right place? It's the Malasada Shop in Malie city. The first shop you can enter, there's someone sitting outside.
>>
>>30154166
>I didn't even see this many Zubat/Golbat in Gen I
That's a lie and you know it.
>>
>>30150011
Coupon? What coupon?
>>30151674
Spam Tms on it; each tm taught gives happiness iirc.
>>30153747
Try to keep it at half health (orange)

Also, how the FUCK have people gotten an HA mareanie; I've chained it as long as I possibly could (mareanie kills the corsola) and no luck. Am I doing anything wrong?
>>
>>30154248
>Also, how the FUCK have people gotten an HA mareanie
pkhex
>>
Is Cutiefly a daytime only pokemon? I have been running around on route 2 for a while now and I havent seen one.
>>
>>30154166
I've run into Oranguru three or four times in a row.
Meanwhile I can't find a single Bounsweet.
Where's the guy that trades for one?
>>
So does goodra just kind of suck?
>>
What are good moves I can teach to Mismagius?
>>
>>30154147
They wanted it to be useless. Shit stats, shit abilities, shit signature move.
>>
>>30154268
Yep. You're better of ditching for Bagon Salamance if you want a Dragon in your team.
>>
>>30154263
Literally go to Serebii.
>>
>>30154331
I was trying it out because I never used it before and despite the high BST it just seems lacking...
>>
>>30151533
Aether House on route 15 after bearing the Elite 4. I don't know about the discs.
>>
>>30154349
>I don't know about the discs.
upgrade is the other guy in the same room that you get porygon

idk where dubious disk is
>>
What's the best spot for grinding in the Post-Game?
I wish I could rely on Secret Base Blissey teams+O-Powers like in ORAS.
>>
>>30154240
Okay, you're right, they were everywhere, but to be fair to Gen I, there weren't as many things you could reasonably shove in a cave.
>Geodude
>Zubat
>Onyx I guess?

We've got what, over 800 mons now? There's about 300 mons in the Alolan Dex, and yet we can't stop encountering Pikipek, Yungoos, Zubat, and sometimes Wingull.

Look how far we've come!
>>
>>30151849
bump
>>
Do normal forms pass down HAs to Alola forms? If I breed a HA Kanto Diglett, will the resulting Alola Diglett have a chance to have the HA?
>>
Has anyone injected Solrock or Lunatone yet?
>>
>>30154274
Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam for offensive, maybe Power Gem. You can get Nasty Plot as an egg move. Wil o wisp if you want to go defensive support.
>>
>>30154398
Oh yeah, isn't there this one guy in the desert that wants to see a Pokemon called "Sol-"? He noted that I had a Solageo but that wasn't the one he wanted.
>>
>>30154347
I don't like it either, it's mediocre at both offense and defense.
>>
>>30151849
Haven't tried it yet, but the story I've heard is that Cosmoem will evolve into the game's cover legendary when it comes time to evolve, regardless of where it came from.
>>
>>30154423
In Moon he wants a Luna- and remarks on it's beautiful roundness.
>>
How do you get Cosmog to show up on the pedestal? Also, is there really only one Lure Ball?
>>
What's the earliest Synchronize Pokemon you can get?
>>
>>30154349
Never mind, the girl in the same room gave me an Up-Grade.
>>
>>30154453
>>30154423
Can injectors get it on Sun Moon even thought it isn't available?
>>
>>30153689
That'd be pretty fucking based, but you don't need to
>>
>>30154438
So it's still possible to have a legitimate Solgaleo with you as the OT in Moon? Sweet action.
>>
File: invalid command.gif (5KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
invalid command.gif
5KB, 782x543px
>go to register friend as a VIP
>registration failed

what the fuck am I doing wrong?
>>
>>30154522
Looks like your friend just isn't VIP level
>>
>>30151242
wasnt there a button for DTS? one that doesnt fuck with the clock? i remember this being a feature since NDS
>>
Where is the best place to hatch eggs? Straight road?
>>
>>30154751
The enclosure in front of the girl that gives eggs. Go in, turn on Taurus ride and sprint in circles
>>
File: Apricorn_Poké_Balls_anime.png (105KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Apricorn_Poké_Balls_anime.png
105KB, 320x240px
>>30153417
>>30154459
Seconding the Apricorn Ball question.

At least you can pass them on by breeding even if you catch a male, but I really don't want risk the pokemon breaking out if there's really only one of each.
>>
Is there any where to view the hall of fame record? Besides the guy that lists out your team?
>>
>>30154711
There isn't a DST button for the vanilla 3DS or the 2DS or the 3DS XL. Maybe on the Neo New 3DS, but probably not.
>>
How are you supposed to stop evolution in these games? I've mashed B and held B but neither worked
>>
How much more of the game do I have left?
I just got past the aether place for the first time and am on the 3rd island.
>>
>>30154779
Holy shit, thanks mate. This made my life ten times easier.
>>
Ok so i'll use this thread to ask my dumb question about IV training.
Im trying to get a max IV abra.
I have a 4 IV ditto I got from chaining.

Do I put my destiny knot on the ditto or the abra parent? Who gets the power lens? I'm new to this and trying to understand it.

Last question, so if the hatched baby has better IVs than the parent, I replace that parent with the baby, correct? And just repeat that process till satisfied?
>>
>>30154845
Your b must not be working then...
>>
Does the liklihood of higher level buildings increase with your festival plaza level? I really want the ev reducing shops but this guy keeps suggesting 1 star shit. Granted I'm only lvl 22 right now.
>>
Where do you check IVs? I found a guy at the battle tree, but he just keeps yawning...
>>
>>30154914
hatch 20 eggs
>>
I'm struggling.

34 Incineroar, Quiet
33 Lycanroc, Serious
29 Gyarados, Careful
29 Phantump, Quirky
28 Wimpod, Serious
26 Kangaskhan, Serious

I barely beat Olivia, scraped by on Hau (his Vaporeon fucked me up right good), and I don't even want to think of what's going to fuck me in the third island. I thought I'd be fine with powerhouses like Kangaskhan and Gyarados, but they're both tremendously weak right now. Lycanroc has been the only one that's come through in tight spots for me all this time.

What should I change/catch to fix my poor team? Lycanroc is a staple, but the other five make me feel weak (excluding wimpod, that's a given).
>>
>>30154950
Maybe you're just not good at pokemon or your pokemon need a more diverse and refined movesets. You really shouldn't be having that much trouble with a full team at those levels
>>
>>30154950
>What should I change/catch to fix my poor team?

I don't think it's your team. You just need to train. For some reason the levels on island three get really high but you can just train off the wild pokemon. Gumsoos is pretty good to kill for exp and can be found on most routes.
>>
>>30151994
the only one that it really seemed like a plot point for was jellyfish, but thats putting the cart before the horse.
lillies mom dressed her up like one because she was obsessed with them, not the other way around
>>
>>30154485
Abra in the first city
>>
>>30154950
Third Island's about where I caught my stride. The trials aren't particularly hard (although the Water OR Grass trial will be hard for you depending on your team and what they call for their assist), and if you've been working on your Fighting Types the Kahuna will be a cakewalk set to decent music.
>>
>>30147870
Any idea where I can find Sableye?
>>
In diglett cave on to konikoni city, how the fuck do I get out? I just keep going in circles. Do I need to move that giant block? None of the overworld pokemon I have can do that though.
>>
>>30155084
Nah, you do that later.

Just check the perimeter until you find a way out, man.
>>
Best way to earn money?
>>
Can Aurora Veil stack with Reflect and Light Screen?
>>
does minior have a call rate of 0? is it possible to chain them?
>>
>>30154879
First breed/catch the right Ability and Nature, give that Abra an Everstone. Scope Lens is pointless if you use Destiny Knot.

Destiny Knot goes on the Ditto/which ever has the most perfect IVs.

>so if the hatched baby has better IVs than the parent, I replace that parent with the baby, correct? And just repeat that process till satisfied?
Yes, basically forced pedophile incest.
>>
Where do I buy repeat balls and Vitimins?
>>
>>30155171
Yes. All are affected by Light Clay as well.

>>30155131
Pyukumuku chucking gets you 20k.

Later in the game, doing the League with Happy Hour + Amulet Coin.

You also get a million bucks for doing the UB postgame quest.
>>
Where can I get the Fishing Rod?
>>
>>30155242
You get it from Lana, right after her trial I believe.
>>
>>30155242
You get it in the story, as part of the water trial.
>>
Mostly curious because I'm not actually chaining one right now, but if you find a shiny Minior in the wild, does it still sparkle even though its shell is on, or do you have to break it open first?
>>
File: cutiefly.png (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cutiefly.png
105KB, 500x500px
Is Cutiefly worth raising?

I've been travelling with one for a little while and I like the look of its evolution but it's been really underwhelming in battle, and I've already got another Bug type on my team.
>>
Is it possible to transfer my current save file to my computer, then start a new game?
>>
>>30155260
>>30155263
Ah, thanks. What number is the water trial? I´m on my way to the third. Don´t know which one that is though.
>>
Where is Mr Ula Ula
>>
Are the "strange creatures" that make Zygarde randomly generated or do they always show up in exact locations?
>>
>>30155292
Yeah just extract your save with JKSM.
>>
You can tell if a wild Grimer has Black Sludge if it heals at the end of a turn after receiving an attack, right?

I've been looking for a Grimer with one and none of them have been healing.
>>
>>30155292
That depends. Do you have a hacked 3ds?
>>
>>30155301
The third one.
>>
>>30155071
That ice mountain before the Elite 4. Ran into one yesterday
>>
>>30155285
>cutiefly
>underwhelming
in what fucking world
that bastard carried my team
>>
>>30155317
I do not.
>>
>>30155285
It's a great special sweeper. Not sure why some people aren't doing well with it, it was probably one of the best Pokemon I used for my playthrough.
>>
>>30155309
They're consistent.
>>
>>30155328
Oh, really? Like, in the cave? Thanks, anon.
>>
>>30155285
I didn't run one, but it's one of the fastest mons in this gen, and still a damn good broom.
>>
>>30155350
Well then, I think you're out of luck.
>>
Where can I get a Macho Brace? I don't have enough BP for the other EV items.
>>
>>30155315
Yeah. You should probably use an adrenaline orb and chain them w/ false swipe, unless you're early in the game. I think the Thief TM is also in the cave where you fight Raticate behind some smashable rocks but I might be remembering wrong.
>>
haircut clothe guide anyone?
>>
File: Miiamerochop.gif (2MB, 408x227px) Image search: [Google]
Miiamerochop.gif
2MB, 408x227px
How do i get more candy to give my pokemon?
>>
>>30153585

I've been running 5x meowths with pickup for about 5 hours now
all of them are level 61+. Literally 0 destiny knot
>>
>>30155238
>All are affected by Light Clay as well

Meaning you could potentially have Aurora Veil, Light Screen, and Reflect, all lasting for at least a few turns? Does it effectively cut any damage you take down to a quarter?
>>
>>30155470
You mean the beans? You get some once a day from the cafes in the Poke Centers, but the real source is the bean island in Poke Pelago. You unlock it when you get Charizard, check your menu.
>>
How do I register items for quick use? Like, in oras pressing Y would open a meu to select registered items. Here I can move key items to a free space, I don't understand what this is
>>
>>30155423
Goddammit I just want to play fashion trainer
>>
>>30155238
Is the event Munchlax the only Pokemon with Happy Hour? I didn't think about resetting so it only has a Naive nature.
>>
>>30155401
shit I looked into it and I probably should have mentioned it's an SOS-mon only. But it seems like you can get them also at Ten Carrat hill, which might be better since they'll be at a lower level.
>>
What's the best way to chain Mimikyu?

I've been using Double Team and False Swipe/Dragon Rage for most others but neither affect Mimikyu and most of the time they know Feint Attack.
>>
>>30151826
Yes to both
>>
Anyone else ditch their starters?

Just picked up the game today as I'm in the UK and I'm running Growlithe, Trumbeak and Grubbin, after the first trial.

Gonna be getting a Poliwag asap, is there any crucial new gen pokemon to be picking up? I was thinking of getting a Mankey from route 3, but is there a better new fighting type to pick up?
>>
>>30155445
Thank you.
Don't worry, you are correct about Thief's location.
>>
>>30155502
Yes, but keep in mind it does take three turns to set up.

>>30155527
Not sure, but it's definitely the easiest way to get Happy Hour. You don't need to worry about its nature. Just send it out first and use Happy Hour, the effect lasts even if Snorlax bites it.

>>30155529
Ah, right. I was looking around Ten Carat Hill for a while and didn't see any. Guess I'll just have to look harder. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>30155574
I had to drop Litten because he sucked so bad, I picked up Flareon and named him Litten to replace
>>
>>30155270
I also would like to know this
Anyone have an answer?
>>
>>30155332
>>30155358
>>30155414
This is why I'm asking, everyone is raving about it and I'm just not feeling it. I'm probably gonna make more of an effort training it, I've heard PollenPuff is one of its best moves.
>>
>>30155527
Smeargle
>>
>>30155574
I would ditch Incineroar, but it's pretty tough. The speed is embarrassing though.
>>
>>30154262
I caught one with an SOS chain.
>>
>>30154505
Send me your friend code and I'll try to give one to you doing
>>
Best way to get Poke Beans?

Is Isle Abeens really the only way?
>>
>>30155486
rip
>>
>>30155574
Rowlet's chain was just too useful because grass, flying, and ghost type moves come in handy often. Fighting isn't is useful this time around.
>>
>>30152411
no sadly
>>
where is the name rater
>>
>>30155238
What is Pyukumuku chucking? How do I do it?
>>
>>30155574
Yes. I liked Rowlet the best, but I personally thought Pikipek was better than all three.

My only problem with Toucannon is that its Speed is fucking holding it back. It died so easily in most fights and I remember not relying on it much throughout the whole mid-game.
>>
>>30155746
Hano Grand Hotel, over on Akala Island. Go to the beach, and look for the lifeguard.
>>
>>30155574
>Using non-gen 7 mons
>>
>>30155745
Akala Island's Heahea City. In between the port and the clothing store inside the Tourist Bureau.
>>
do shops change their stock every day like in XY?
>>
Can you save-scum the new facility that Sophocles gives on rank up?

I'm sick of trying to find a purple dye shop
>>
>>30155667
You think? Because my Dartrix takes back seat a lot of the time due to not having many heavy-hitting moves, and suffering from a lack of good moves in general.

Meanwhile, like half of my team has Brick Break or Rock Tomb and those are some of my most used moves.
>>
How in the fuck are you even supposed to get pokemon to level 100 in this game? The elite 4 are in the low 60s for fucks sake, and it's using gen5 experience scaling so the greater the level difference the less experience you get. And on top of that there's only one Lucky Egg in the game, so I can't go through and equip my entire team with them like I have in games past.

I've run the e4 10 times now and none of my party has even cracked level 90 and it feels like I'm going to need another 20 runs to get any of them to level 100. And it wouldn't matter, except bullshit Hyper Training.

Tell me people have found a better way to powerlevel now, please? I saw that the 5* Rare Kitchen has some promising stuff, possibly, but none of the guests I get ever has fuck all to to introduce me to yet.
>>
>>30147870
What's the earliest Dragon or Steel-type I can catch and when is it available?
>>
>>30155850
level 10 bagon or level 10 salamence
and for steel magnemite near the pokemanz school

Super early
>>
>>30155850
You can get Bagon on the first island but it has a low encounter rate. As for Steel types Diglett and Magnmemite are available on the first island as well.
>>
>>30155850
>Dragon
You can catch a Bagon technically as soon as you get to route 3, but there's only a 1% of it showing up. If you wait until you can surf then you can get to a patch of grass in route 3 where it's a 10% chance.

>Steel
Magnemite is available en masse in the Trainer's School, which is like an hour into the game. You can't evolve it to Magnezone until the very end of the game, but you do get an Eviolite at the end of the 2nd island, and Eviolite Magneton is a goddamn monster.
>>
>>30155844
The only thing I know is that every 50 beans you feed to your Pokemon in refresh you get a rare candy from the cafe dude. It's garbage and takes forever. I miss Blissy bases. Hyper training is pretty much useless.
>>
>>30155850
I didn't get a Dragon type MOVE until the very last trial, where you can get Dragon Claw as a TM, and I didn't get anything that could USE it until postgame, when I got Type:Null.

There's a couple of Dragon types in the last trial, though, and A-Eggexcutor is Dragon type.

Dunno about Steel, though. I got Skarmory on the third island, but boxed it immediately. Allegedly you can catch Scyther in a few spots on the first and 4th islands, and evolve that into Scizor, although Scyther's a stupid rare mon regardless.
>>
>>30155850
Want a Jangmo-o?
>>
What's the best spot for grinding up Pokemon?
>>
>>30155818
>>30155667
Mostly agreeing with the low BP moves on owl. By the time it learns the good ones, you are already at the elite4 aren't relevant (weren't for me at least). I did use shackles and its Z version for steel types since my team had next to no checks for them though. If you do have good fire and ground types, I could see owl being useless for anything other than taking hits.
>>
how do friend codes work so i can trade stalls with a guy in festival plaza
>>
File: 1478659757007.png (1MB, 2184x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1478659757007.png
1MB, 2184x1045px
anyone have a pokemon with Pokerus that want to share?
>>
Does the chances of getting a shiny increase as an SOS chain goes on or is that irrelevantly to your chances?
>>
>>30154349
Dubious Disk is found when you refight Faba in the Aether Foundation
>>
Is there any preference for certain pokebeans over others in pokemon refresh?
>>
>>30156106
Supposedly.
>>
I keep getting error code 006-0804 when trying to claim genesect code. My 3DS is able to connect to the internet so what's going wrong?
>>
Do we files for the Pokemon sets in Battle Tree?
>>
Any tips to obtain destiny knots? I'm getting destroy at battle tree and battle royal. Thanks
>>
Can you only catch one Wimpod per game? Because I just traded mine for a Sandygast on the GTS and I may have fucked myself.
>>
>>30156145
Colorwise? No.

You can get Patterned and Rainbow Beans from Poke Pelago that give more hearts like the Poke Puffs with icing from Amie but the colors don't make a difference.
>>
How strong is ziggydig 10%? I just assembled it, but I don't want to feel like I'm cheating if I add it to my party.
>>
File: 1478975526324.png (184KB, 1152x1208px) Image search: [Google]
1478975526324.png
184KB, 1152x1208px
Do you really only get ONE of each Apricorn ball?

>>30156229
I can hook you up with an Adamant Wimpod if you want, senpai.
>>
>>30156229
Another one is on a beach at the fourth island right outside the first town.
>>
>>30156191
>Catch Jolly Kartana
>Bring in Ash-Greninja
>Bring in some shitmon from your in-game team
>???
>Profit
>>
I'm guessing each trial ups the level that pokemon will listen to you, like badges did, right?
>>
>>30156363
You can check in your passport.
>>
>>30156363
Kahunas, actually.
>>
>>30156363
Each Kahuna. Beating Hala lets you control Pokemon up to level 35, so you need to beat Olivia as well before you can use Greninja.
>>
>>30156363
It's about 25 levels per island you clear, not counting Aether Paradise.
>>
>>30155646
I ended up catching one already, thank you for the offer though.
>>
>>30156363
Kahuna's, and they did something cute this time.
>You go up to level 85 before E4
>Only after passing the E4 do level 100 obey you
>>
>>30155358
They probably don't have a good moveset or try to run it bulky instead of fast.
>>
Can you get wild pokemon with egg moves (like in ORAS) by doing SOS or is it only for HAs and IVs?
>>
File: 1448445298713.png (584KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1448445298713.png
584KB, 1300x1000px
whats the fastest way to lvl up pkmn in this game?
>>
>>30156496
IVs, Hidden ability and shiny ratio
>>
are there any ways to get citra to not run like shit? I have an i7 and gtx 980, but it lags and runs terribly
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
Dubs name this shiny I just caught randomly while surfing

Sorry about mobile rotation
>>
how did you get white hair?
>>
>>30156752
Shinny ratio is fake
>>
What's the point of Pyukumuku? I started looking for one because I needed a water type, but turns out it doesn't even learn any actual attacks?
>>
Where can I evolve the following:
Magneton
Crawbrawler
Charjabug?
>>
When can I find a good gen 7 special attacker, hopefully with a water move? I'm about to do the fire trial and will probably get my ass kicked. I have an untrained Water Sport/Scald Finneon for backup, but other that, only a Rockruff with Rock Throw and a Torracat with HP Rock.

>>30156783
Jesusnigger
>>
I've had a Kartana on the GTS for a Celesteela for hours now. Why does everyone want Necrozma or Solgaleo for a Celesteela?
>>
>>30156783
gas that fucker anon
>>
Are there any changes to IV breeding in this gen?
>>30156783
Mr. Poop
>>
Why did they make all of the "find this pokemon pls" so fucking rare? Stufful, fucking Feebas...
>>
>>30156783
Hentaimemes
>>
>>30156879
Dewpider/Araquanid in the water trial site
>>
I know status moves can be used through Z-power, but will doing so cause the move itself to become no-damage, or will the move do damage AND the status?

ie Z-Conversion raises all stats by +1 stage. Does it do just that, or will it also deal damage to the enemy?
>>
>>30156783
Mistake
>>
>>30156783
Get Squiggy
>>
Is there an Ice Rock or Moss Rock in this game?
>>
Is it possible to get a pikachu on route 1 getting pichu? Or am I stuck trying to get a good pichu ?

Also, Timid or Modest ?
>>
>>30154234
Yes, i am sure, malasa shop with a fat guy sitting outside.
>>
Any other place to get Ice Stones? Found the one in Po Town but want another for when I get the other version exclusive in trade.
>>
>>30156783
Squidward
>>
>>30156946
Moss Rock is in Lush Jungle (Mallow's Trial Site), Ice Rock is in the cave leading up to the Pokemon League.
>>
>>30156856
I wish it was better because its design is great and cute.
>>
>>30156928
No because status moves don't do damage. Z-Conversion will use Conversion as well the Z effect
>>
>>30156991
Yeah, that's actually the reason I was looking for it originally.
>>
>>30147870
does boosting a pokemons IV via bottle cap keep its characteristic the same, you know because its just flagging it as max rather than actually being max.
>>
>>30156879
Either get Wishiwashi in the water trial area and level it to 20+, or catch Dewpider there.
>>
i got myself into a bit of a tight spot.
i am in the very beginning of the game, right before the first trial.
The pokemon i have with me are only munchlax and grubbin.
I encounter a trainer with a ghastly.
The only offensive moves i have right now are tackle, hold back on munchlax and vice grip, mudslap on grubbin.
Can't hit ghastly with those. Only option i had was metronome, which the friendly ghastly spited away. It also used mean look on munchlax, so now i am stuck with a ghastly that cannot hit me, i cannot hit it, and it uses hypnosis constantly.
Do i really have to burn through 75pp to get munchlax to struggle now?
Because that will take pretty long...
>>
Wait

Am I retarded, or am I reading Serebii right and only Moon can get Ball Set J from the Festival Plaza, meaning ONLY MOON CAN PURCHASE QUICKBALLS ANYWHERE IN GAME?

Somebody please tell me Serebii has incomplete info on this.
>>
>>30156496
you can get egg moves from the Move Reminder

unlimited Heart Scales in Konikoni restaurant
>>
>>30156927
>>30157042

Will look, thanks
>>
>>30154849
Seconding this, same here. My team is doing great but not sure if I should slow down or keep going at the pace I'm moving.
>>
>>30156783
Carmen
>>
File: 1426375481972.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1426375481972.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
So I guess I'll ask here.

Can I remove VIPs once I reach 50 or do I need to be really careful about who I'm giving the treatment?
>>
>>30157080
Keep in mind Araquanid isn't a good special attacker in general, it just happens to have very powerful Water moves. It's also slow as molasses.

Salazzle and Ribombee are way better, they just don't get any Water coverage.
>>
>>30157055
Oop I am retarded, mart on Route 8 sells them.

Let this be a lesson to everyone else: I am retarded, route 8 is quickballs.
>>
>>30157053
nevermind, ghastly started struggling. i will be the victor soon.
>>
Where's the eviolite?
>>
So what's the deal with the Pikachu with Ash's hats?
>>
>>30157039
Proud of its power Lucario?
>>
>>30157053
Ghastly will run out of pp first
>>
>>30157162
Probably an event Pokemon? What else would it be?
>>
Why do all the trainers only have 1/2 pokemon? Why not have 6 varied types and make it at least an interesting challenge?
>>
File: 1414949951056.png (97KB, 509x500px) Image search: [Google]
1414949951056.png
97KB, 509x500px
>>30157002
So let's say my Porygon-Z uses Z-Conversion

It will change type to the move first on the its move list (Bulba says this is how Conversion works in gen 6 anyway), and gain +1 to all stats.

If so, holy shit my nigga Porygon-Z just got a new stupid as fuck gimmick that I can't wait to try out.
>>
>>30157176
>>30157155
>>
>>30157174
not quite that autistic, but I thought it's neat to be able to have unique things like that now. Guess Ill have to just get one for myself to see.
>>
>>30157174
Proud of its hidden power, perhaps.
>>
>>30157236
>hurr why doesn't every trainer have six Pokemon with all different types???

Regular trainers aren't supposed to be challenging. The entire point is that you're better than them.

They start using better tactics once you get to the last island anyway. Why are you complaining about difficulty in this fucking game? It's probably the most difficult it's been since Gen 1 and its totally borked mechanics.
>>
My pokemon moon won't turn daylight, it should be 9AM in game time.
>>
How often do I need to reteach a TM to Pichu until the happiness is high enough for it to evolve?

What does the lady in Konikoni say when it's ready?
She already says I spend a lot of time and love.
>>
>>30156783
A Kid?
>>
>>30157308
It's the first one I've played since Silver.

Quit being so defensive you sperg sorry not sorry I attacked your wife
>>
What's the point of Festival Plaza and how do I level it up?
>>
>>30156783
dicks
>>
>>30157120
It's ability is also God tier. Huge power for water moves. Base 190 attack.
>>
>>30157397
That's why I said its Water moves were powerful.

Otherwise it's dogshit.
>>
Do you know the mirrored sunglasses item?
Pokemon Moon has blue, green, and white colors
Is there anyway to get more colors? I'd really like a purple or yellow.
>>
>>30156783
Tentacle Grape
>>
So l'm trying to get a destiny knot. If I get 6 meowths with pickup do I just randomly walk around? also does their level matter?
>>
>>30157412
Red and Yellow are Sun exclusive, and no other colors are available.

I'm playing Sun and wish I could get blue.
>>
>>30157412
>you can't dye the white sunglasses
Fuck you GF!
>>
>>30157496
If Pickup works like it used to -- and I'm not saying it does, I don't care enough to look it up -- then the higher level the pickup pokemon is the rarer the stuff it finds. Additionally, it finds items at the end of battles, not just walking around, so you'll want to go to like route 1 and one-shot rattatas a bunch to grind destiny knots.

Good luck. You'll probably have an easier time synchronizing some tapus / UBs and then sweeping Battle Tree Singles.
>>
>>30157498
You can get blue through festival plaza if you see someone else with it
>>
how do i know when i've seen all the pokemon on a route?
>>
>>30157550
You look up the list on Serebii and figure it out yourself.
>>
Anyone know where I can find the credits artwork? They'd make great wallpapers.
>>
Is there a mushroom collector in this game?
>>
>>30157567
if i don't wanna look it up?
>>
What does everyone think about Poke Pelago?
>>
>>30157681
Then you don't find out.

>>30157695
I like the concept of it, and that it makes you have a reason to catch Pokemon other than the "gotta catch'em all" meme.
>>
>>30156862
Bumpan
>>
Are you not able to catch Tapu Koko in the first encounter? I swear I've thrown around 50 pokeballs now and it's at a small sliver of health.
>>
>>30157695
I don't catch many pokemon if I don't plan on using them, so it doesn't really do much for me.
>>
>>30157736
No, you can get it. It's just difficult. The Tapus and Necrozma have catch rates of 3, IIRC.
>>
>>30156171
Bump, I get an error when trying to update 3DS
>>
is there ever a reason to use status heals out of battle when you can just kiss the boo-boos away?
>>
>>30157828
Nope.
>>
>>30157828
Faster I guess
>>
Does anyone know how often the pelago produces beans?
>>
Where in Brooklet Hill can i find a Feebas?
Just fishing at rooks or?
>>
>>30157727
Anybody?
>>
>try to breed Turtonator holding an Everstone with Garchomp so I can pass down Turtonator's nature
>have gotten 14 Turtonators and no Gabites
Am I not aware of some facet of this process?
>>
>>30158117
Your Garchomp isn't female, from the sound of it.
>>
>>30158132
So if you breed two Pokemon of different species together, the offspring will always be the species of the mother?
>>
Niggas how the FUCK do I find a Drifloon in Moon in the cemetery?
Serebii says it needs to be day, which it is in game now, but I'm still finding misdreavus'
>>
>>30158117
The pokemon that hatches is based on which pokemon is female.
>>
>>30158171
Have you never used Daycare ever?
>>
>can't dye the white flower top
What th EFUCK
WAHT THE FUCK CAN I DYE?
I CANT DYE THE CHICKEN HAT
OK
I CANT DYE WHITE SUNGLASSES
OK
I CANT DYE THE FLOWER TOP I BOUGHT THAT SPECIFICALLY SAYS ITS FUCKING WHITE!?

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>30158171
That's common knowledge
>>
>>30158171
That's right. Males and Dittos are just there for egg moves and/or natures/IVs.
>>
It's my birthday today. Does anything interesting happen beyond the happy birthday music in the Pokemon center? I'll admit, I really miss the random Happy Birthday messages from the PSS.
>>
>>30158229
Sometimes clothes are just meant to be white and nothing else, anon.
>>
>>30158229
>CANT DYE THE CHICKEN HAT

Why do you even have the chicken hat? It's for girls.
>>
File: IMG_0580.jpg (80KB, 750x708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0580.jpg
80KB, 750x708px
>>30147870
If none of the berry piles have a Crabrawler and I don't pick the berries up off the ground, can I soft-reset or leave the area and then reenter to try again?

Or is it decided by day?
>>
>>30158228
This is the first time I've ever tried to breed something without one of the two parents being a Ditto.
>>
>TFW no bank until January

What's the best way to get synchronizers?
>>
>>30158180
did you consider that time is shifted 12 hours?
>>
>>30158313
Abra is available in the first city you visit in the game.
>>
>>30158313
Abra appears a lot in Hau'oli City
>>
>>30158356
Yes.
It's night time here, and daytime in game.
>>
>>30158497
weird. i was able to find it pretty much instantly in sun.
>>
>>30158497
isn't Drifloon a version exclusive?
>>
>>30158564
What has me confused the most is I was finding misdreavus while it was night time in game too.
>>
>>30158576
I've not seen anything that said that anywhere
There's someone in-game in Moon who wants me to catch a drifloon from the cemetery, it must be catchable somehow

So now that I've whined a bit, one has come up instead of misdreavus
>>
Where's the missing cargo at that was stolen by Team Skull?
>>
Whats the point of this thread if nobody answers?
>>
Where the fuck is Mr. Ula Ula
Thread posts: 371
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.