[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A glorious day for skill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

Just remember to never give up. No matter how lucky your opponent gets, if you're skillful enough, sometimes you can still win. Fuck rng. Fuck luck. Today, November 23rd, shall be known as "Skilled players day", and it's all thanks to this amazing player in this replay, kekfagetkek. Watch as, despite all odds, despite how lucky his opponent is, he miraculously perseveres and brings it back to win. A true testament of skill and determination. The true way pokemon should be played. We cannot let rng and luck dictate our lives. Now is the time to fight back and say "No more luck!" So many players are brainwashed into thinking that luck makes the game more interesting and exciting, and that luck makes the game 'more fair'. To them I say, no. What's interesting is good plays. What's fair is a true, luck-less battle between the abilities of two players.

Happy Skilled players day everyone! This day is to appreciate those amazing players who actually win through effort, determination and skill. A day to worship the founder of Skilled players day, kekfagetkek; a god among us.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-481686508
>>
no one cares about your battle kekfagetkek
>>
File: 1479655587690.png (174KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
1479655587690.png
174KB, 500x586px
Whatever you say OP
>>
>>30146823
>What's fair is a true, luck-less battle between the abilities of two players.
THATS BORING AS SHIIIIT.
Also, no one is going to celebrate such a raging faggot.
>>
>>30146823
>kekfagetkek's rating: 1315 → 1337 (+22 for winning)
I wasted my time skipping to the rating so you don't have to, /vp/.
Now let this thread die.
>>
Thanks OP, that was hilarious.
Your butthurt autism the entire match, I mean.
>>
File: 1479152291062.png (1MB, 1933x2639px) Image search: [Google]
1479152291062.png
1MB, 1933x2639px
>>30146933
Can I truly score those digits?
>>
>>30146927
>THAT'S BORING AS SHIIIIIT
>Haha le random maymays are so funni! xD I love it when things happen randomly! critical hit? omg so funni and le random ahaha it's so fun to not have any control over anything and let the crazy random come through!!!1 xDDD

Fucking submissive child

>>30146936
I thought it was funny too. Despite luck I fucking rekt him.
>>
>randoms
>>
I remember one time so guy got so butthurt because I just got a few meaningless crits in a row and some of his attacks missed.
>>
>>30146823
you were both bad
>>
File: No LUCK.jpg (127KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
No LUCK.jpg
127KB, 500x500px
>>30146985
Stay mad.
If I wanted to see a solved game I'd watch chess.

Also, if you can't manage luck you really should be playing something else.

Here, I found your game!
>>30147073
The other dude just packed up and left without whining.
>>
>one freeze one miss and one crit over the course of the entire battle
>lucky
what an autist
>>
>>30147004
>HURRRR RANDOM BATTLE, SO IT'S ALLL RANDOM LOLOLLOOLOLLOL
Don't be fucking retarded. The whole point of a random battle is to be set up with random pokemon and movesets. This is determined BEFORE the match begins. Anything after like crits, misses, etc. is what's bullshit and unfair. Both players go into the match choosing to have pokemon given to them. Neither player mutually agrees that the first attack of turn 14 will be a critical hit (for example).
>>
Jesus christ OP, your team was fucking cancerous and you almost lost to 6 shimons. kys
>>
>>30147095
>random elements that influenced the flow of the game in one player's favour
>lucky
Yes.

>>30147085
>manage luck
>Doesn't want a 'solved' game then tries to come up with a solution for a 'solved' pokemon game through managing luck
>implying luck can be controlled
>implying luck isn't luck
So tell me then, if you know how to manage luck, you and your opponent both send out a pokemon. Your pokemon has just enough health to survive 2 hits and is faster anyway, whereas his can only survive one and is slower. It would be most beneficial to just kill this pokemon. Oh, but, uh-oh, you missed! Well that's okay, you can tank 2 hits. Oh, but, uh-oh, he got a critical hit! Oh darn... Please, tell me how to manage this so luck won't interfere in my game.

Fucking naive fool.

>>30147132
Tell me about it, that's the power of luck, man.
>>
>>30147183
holy shit i thought you were trolling and created a thread around the replay of some autist you found somewhere

but no, this is actually you
fascinating
>>
>>30147183
You sound like luck friendzoned you even though you tipped your fedora.
>>
>>30147183
Aero Ass.
Swift.
Any move that can't miss.
Shell Armor.
Battle Armor.
Lucky Chant.
Etc.

Plan ahead you scrub.
>>
>>30147183
>Well that's okay, you can tank 2 hits. Oh, but, uh-oh, he got a critical hit!

Then I take the hit and get the KO next turn. You know crits don't do double damage, right?
>>
>>30147214
>Implying these moves are actually worth wasting turns for (except shit like aerial ace and aura sphere cause they're often the best type coverage certain pokemon can get)
>Implying these abilities don't belong to garbage pokemon that no one would ever use ever and usually get one shotted anyway.

Gee, thanks anon.

>>30147244
I used poor wording. What I meant was, your opponent would die from 1 hit, and you would die from 2. So what I meant was you'd tank 1 hit, then attack next turn, but oh no, the crit killed you. That's my b.
>>
File: Shell Armor.jpg (31KB, 234x320px) Image search: [Google]
Shell Armor.jpg
31KB, 234x320px
>>30147295
>>Implying these abilities don't belong to garbage pokemon that no one would ever use ever and usually get one shotted anyway.
>>
>>30147312
>Uh-oh, next turn might be a random crit! Better switch into mega-slowbro!
>tanks a tbolt
>phew ok, let's swtich out to a ground type to take the next tbolt
>switches
>Uh-oh, next turn might be a random crit! Better switch into mega-slowbro!

And repeat.
>>
>>30147202
I wasn't trolling, I'm an advocate of fair play. Idk who the raging guy is.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 242x237px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 242x237px
Holy shit OP, you're garbage.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.