[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alola is fucked up: lore thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 14

File: pokemon-sun-moon-legendaries1.jpg (339KB, 952x673px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-legendaries1.jpg
339KB, 952x673px
I finished the game two days ago and there's a lot of shit to this game I wanna talk about. I'm just going to post shit, feel free to point and laugh.

So Alola is a tropical island region with a small population that worships a legendary pokemon Solgaleo/Lunala and had a royal family with kings. Except when the player actually gets there neither of those things are around and instead there's the Tapus. The Tapus are fucking dodgy- They're four guardian spirits who are revered by the islanders, and on the surface protect them from threats and punish evildoers. But then you look at the island itself and you find shit like Tapu Village and the abandoned shop that were fucking destroyed because Tapu Bulu didn't like it, and then there's stuff about them being cruel or lazy in their info, and the Kahunas talking about how they enjoy watching people battle. The Tapus even decide who becomes Kahuna, literally placing them above human authority in the small towns, and according to a punk/skull grunt in the desert camp ages ago someone (Guzma) tried to form a group and become Kahuna themselves, but the Tapu intervened and the end result is that Team Skull is a group of thugs in Po Town, a destroyed, walled-off shithole.

Then there's Solgaleo/Lunala and the big ruins in the middle of the third island. Obviously these were important, but they're completely ruined and abandoned despite being holy sites, and they're very close to Po Town. The legendary people in Alola worship doesn't actually exist until you create it over the course of the story, but naturally it's implied to have existed in the past. Then there's the royal family aspect. Acerola and Nanu are supposed to be members of that family, but one dresses in rags and lives in an orphanage and the other lives in an abandoned police station near Po Town.

cont'
>>
>>30146452
My guess is that Po Town was originally the king's residence, specifically the big building. It has a young girl's bedroom on the second floor long abandoned and a throne. Acerola and Nanu lived there, which is why they're still close, and their family maintained the sacred legendary's worship site. I think Acerola especially was deemed to be important to the whole legendary wormhole thing, as the orphanage funded by Aether she lives in is full of one-way mirrors so they can keep an eye on her in case she connects to it due to bloodline or something. Guzma and Plumeria don't live there, Guzma's home is in Melemele and Plumeria lives in a caravan in the oasis.

To me this all implies that when the royal family went down, so did the legendary pokemon. The obvious answer is that the Ultra Beasts did it in during an incursion, but I have another more crackpot idea that I think is more fun- it was the Tapus. They killed it to ensure dominance or territorial control and have been unmolested ever since. It may seem that Tapu Koko wants you to revive the legendary to fight the Ultras and save Alola but the only explicit thing is that it is pleased you brought it Lunala/Solgaleo, which it then proceeds to fight. It's entirely possible the Tapus just wanted you to entertain them or something. Additionally they do the same flicker-phase effect the Ultra Beasts do. Maybe the Tapus are originally from Ultra Space too, and just gradually acclimatized to Alola to the point where they're fighting off rivals from their homeland for territory? Hell, Looker's story establishes the UBs as attacking people or Pokemon that emit the energy signature of their dimension, so it's possible they attack the Kahunas because they'd been selected by the Tapus who emit said energy. Plus the Z Crystals.

So yeah- the Tapus are originally invaders who fucked up everything and treat Alola like a playground. How's that bullshit?
>>
Also the Aether Foundation is pretty interesting. They're quite unlike anything else in Pokemon where they're an international organization that was founded for a good purpose, but they're used for bad ends by their current president. They're not staffed by fanatics or assholes either like other games, there's good people who care about pokemon working there, selfish megalomaniacs like Faba who just want power, and just apathetic guys who do what they're told for money. They're hardly an evil organization, just a more realistic group, and that's pretty refreshing. Team Skull are just some street punks Lusamine duped into helping them get pokemon behind the scenes, and average employee had no idea. It's pretty fresh and different.

Then there's the Ultra Beasts themselves. Apparently their wormholes can appear anywhere, not just Alola, and the International police have dealt with them before. I think it's an interesting concept and they could do a lot with it. Though the implication might be that legendary pokemon come from Ultra Space, which would be a bit weird, but then the fact that Silvally looks like Arceus and was made to fight Ultra Beasts might imply Aether suspects it to be the case???

Then lastly there's Necrozma. He's mistaken for an Ultra Beast, but he's just a wandering Pokemon. What's his deal?

Did you guys notice any weird stuff? Tell me about it.
>>
>>30146542
Necrozma is an ultra-beast like Solgaleo/Lunala.
>>
It makes sense. Tapus are dicks and the Box Legends are benevolent fellas, not too far-off from Nebby.

Tapu Koko has footage of fighting Pheromosa and Buzzwole. The Tapus may be able to par with Solgaleo and Lunala.
>>
>>30146640

beast balls don't work on it, tho, Looker says it's just a regular Pokemon
>>
>>30146779
>>30146640
Beast balls CAN work on normal Pokemon, it's just very unlikely to succeed in capturing them.
Necrozuma is not a UB, though. The Pokedex I believe and Anabel herself say it's a normal, if odd, Pokemon.
>>
>>30146779
Necrozma is like Solgaleo and Luunala who have been around for so fucking long they lost their UB aura and for all intents and purposes are "normal" Pokemon now.
>>
But that's just a theory

A GAME theory.
>>
>>30146802

Speaking of Anabel, has anyone found her in the game world after the missions? she said she's going to meet the other guy for dinner and Looker hangs around the hotel, but I couldn't find her and there doesn't seem to be anything more to the quest line.
>>
>>30146840
Battle tree
>>
>>30146452
Just to make note, Nanu is not Acerola's uncle. It is common to call respected elders "Auntie" or "Uncle".

I'm curious because Necrozma had that one anon image that showed it with rearranged parts, I wonder if it's the closest thing related to the Tapu, with how they have their Guardian head forms.
>>
This ultra beast bullshit ruined the lore
I'm so done
>>
>>30147490

Oh okay. I guess it could still work tho where he lived in that town and started to look out for her after it went to shit.

>>30147553

What's wrong with it? I love all the weird stuff.
>>
>>30147490
> It is common to call respected elders "Auntie" or "Uncle".
This would make sense. I figured since they didn't look anything alike, if they were related either A) he got all the recessive genes or B) married into the family.
>>
>>30147688
>What's wrong with it? I love all the weird stuff.
Uncompleted, tacked in. Doesn't feels like pokemon anymore
>>
>>30146452
>one dresses in rags
Take that back asshole, Acerola is fashionable. Fashionable!
>>
>>30146452
>>30146458
Wait a second, is Nanu literally Acerola's uncle? I just assumed she meant it in the way that the Japanese use it to refer to a superior they they respect/feel close to
>>
File: 1471273679806.png (416KB, 791x687px) Image search: [Google]
1471273679806.png
416KB, 791x687px
>>30146452
>tfw you didn't know what you signed up for when you playing the newest gen

>turns out to be the most darkest shit in the pokemon series

is alola just a big fucking "JUST" region? even the fucking dex entires and the mega evolution entries are nightmare inducing.
>>
>>30146840
Battle Tree, and she has her RSE theme instead of the ORAS one
>>
>>30148304
I don't understand why you didn't quit with genIV since the implications in that lore are just as weird and "un-pokémon" like, for whatever that means.
>>
Does anyone else HATE all Pokemon lore, like the way it differs from the way the game is presented.

Like the whole game is a kids things with sunshine and rainbows where the bad guys are mostly thieves. Everyone is happy and everything is great.
But at the same time all Pokedex entries go on about a viscous cycle of death where like fucking half of Pokemon are eaten by the others and shit as well as humans hunting quite a few. And the dex entires are getting darker too. The bear Pokemon literally kills people and it says that in its Pokedex.

Why ain't there half eaten Pokemon in the wild? Why can't I order Pokemon to eat? Can Pokemon die in battles with trainers, do they even get serious injuries? Are there cases of people getting killed by wild Pokemon?
The problem is that all these things probably do occur, but every character in the game doesn't seem to care.
Its still a kids game where all the NPC's are a happy and carefree where the world looks as though it is at peace save for one villain that an 11 year old stops.

Make the game reflect the lore dammit.
>>
>>30148777

No, it's fun because the games are outwardly accessible and easy to understand for small children but there's also interesting stuff underneath.
>>
Alola is Mata Nui's fingers.
>>
>>30148495
I was expecting a nice comfy island paradise but this region was messed up. I just finished the game feeling empty inside
>>
>>30146640
I bet Necrozma is a Cosmog evo as well.
>>
>>30149080
>pokemon eclipse or whatever
>lillie didn't give a shit about Cosmog
>lusamine keeps on using him to open wormholes
>Cosmog keeps getting weaker and weaker everyday
>it goes negative evolution, opens a wormhole and fucks off to Ultra Space
>>
>>30148777
>bad guys are mostly theives
>literally half of them are genocidal
Wat?
>>
Ultra Space was super creepy, I wish it was expanded a bit into a proper area. I mean hell, they could do mission packs or something as DLC right?
>>
File: 1472087465893.jpg (14KB, 297x297px) Image search: [Google]
1472087465893.jpg
14KB, 297x297px
>>30149062
>tfw the non-mega timeline is fucked

>tfw your childhood timeline is fucking gone

that was the biggest bombshell for me.

what happened to comfy island adventures
>>
>pokémon games attempting to be deep
I just want to catch pokémon and battle my friends. I don't care.
>>
>>30149159
what else could they do? rehash the same shit forever until the last pokemon game they can squeeze?
>>
>>30149184
Its worked so far, why not?
>>
How will they handle Cosmog in Stars?
>it evolves into Lunala/Solgaleo depending on at which time you go to the Altar with Lillie, you get the other legendary in the post-game
>they give it a third evolution while Lunala/Solgaleo are either post-game or appear already evolved in the story
>it turns into Necrozma while Lunala/Solgaleo are either post-game or appear already evolved in the story
>>
>>30149210
>it worked so far
They have literally been making the games deeper since gen 2.

If you just want to battle, go to the console games. That's what they are there for.
>>
>>30149215
Jenny evolves in Lunala and opens a portal to the other world. You have to catch the cosmog there, which evolves into Solgaleo. The two of them together can open up the Ultra Wormhole.
>>
>>30146452
calm your autism. you're reading too much into a children's game
>>
>>30148304
It's much better than the Sinnoh Mythology, that I really prefer to believe it's just a mythology or religion than believing Arceus really created the universe.
>>
>>30148777
A dark game where Pokémon die, you can it them, they kill one another, you can rape your Gardevoir and etc would be shit. It would just not work.
>>
>>30146452
I don't know if anyone here has played Witcher 3, but the Tapus kinda remind me of the Woodland Spirit - it constantly killed the villagers and fucked everything up if anyone dared venture into the woods, but the village elders tried to justify it as the spirit protecting them from harm and making their hunters strong when in reality it didn't give a shit about anyone there.
>>
The actual story in this game is definitely the best in the franchise. Most any Pokemon thing has made me care about the characters:

>Lillie's parent issues and meek personality are reinforced by the narrative, she has a clear character arc you're present for instead of just running into random rivals for a fight who then tell you how they achieved character development offscreen
>Hau's not really your rival at all and acts more like a friend and helps you out most of the time so it's less formulaic, also he doesn't hit you over the head with his issues and just acts friendly so when serious things happen it's more meaningful when he looks determined
>Gladion comes off as a tool at first but he ends up being a helpful goof and his issues play into Lillie's so they reinforce each other
>kukui instead of just being the tutorial is actually relevant to the plot and has his own ambitions
>Team Skull and Guzma at first seem like parodies of pokemon villains but they end up being sympathetic and understandable
>Aether Foundation aren't cartoonishly evil either
>Lusamine is a great villain because she's not some wacky world-destroying monster, her antagonism is focused against her family and on an obsession with pokemon collection, which is a relatable concept in the franchise
>Trial Captains and Kahunas aren't just isolated like Gym Leaders were, they're parts of the community and have their own homes and shops and lives and you can hang out with them or meet them often in the story

It just feels so alive and though the plot isn't complex, all the important points get reinforced and it works so well.
>>
File: tumblr_ogyni0jExu1upfq0ro1_540.jpg (65KB, 540x344px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogyni0jExu1upfq0ro1_540.jpg
65KB, 540x344px
>>30149568
Honestly this, this game gave me things I wasn't expecting.
>>
>>30149568

Maybe not as a whole but when those "grunts" came at you during the raid with those crooked smirks I couldn't help but laugh
>>
>>30149649

Their battle music was so "shit just got real".
>>
>>30149390
>I really prefer to believe it's just a mythology or religion than believing Arceus really created the universe.
Why is that, exactly? We saw Dialga and Palkia creating universes on their own in Diamond and Pearl, respectively, and then there was that whole trippy sequence at the Sinjoh ruins in HG/SS.
>>
>>30149568

Are you kidding? As soon as you go into their base to find Lillie they pull a sudden 180 and start behaving as cartoonishly as Team Skull grunts.
>>
>>30147490
It's doubtful a Japanism like that would be retained in the translation. This isn't Persona.
>>
>>30148777
The pokedex is clearly bullshit and always has been.
>>
>>30146458
>as the orphanage funded by Aether she lives in
Wait, what? Where is it mentioned she lives in an orphanage, and that aether building is where she lives?

And anyway
>Tapus being assholes
This is true of just about every real world folklore land spirits. They don't give a fuck about people or whatever specifically. I like it.
>>
>>30148777
I thought it was presented pretty well in SM though. The world just is, enjoy yourself with it.
>>
>>30146542

I think Necrozma is more related to the Tapus. For one, he has the same eyes as the Tapus.

I bet he and the Tapus fuse together to form one super mon.
>>
Here's a theory.

Cosmoem in the story evolves into lunala or solgaleo when bathed in the moon/sunlight of the altar fo the moone/sunne.

But what would happen if it didn't get bathed in any light for a long time? Could there be reasoning as to why Necrozma is apparently reflective and yet, it's still black?
>>
>>30149742

Yeah, but there's plenty of them which seem to be serious about conservation and unaware of the whole story. They're just ordered to get intruders. And really most pokemon trainer dialogue gets pretty wacky-gressive. It's normal for the setting.

My point was that they're not an evil organization like the previous games, they're just a group that got misused by individuals. After you depose Lusamine they go right back to normal and it's clear they're beneficial to Alola.
>>
>>30146542
>He's mistaken for an Ultra Beast, but he's just a wandering Pokemon. What's his deal?
Going by its dex entries, it probably used to be an UB from a long time ago and eventually became a normal legendary mon through some way. Maybe it´s wishful thinking though since it being related to UBs is the only way to sabe its design.
>>
>>30150268
Cosmog was originally a UB too
Maybe over time they became normalized, Necrozma's dex entry said it arrived in the universe centuries ago.
>>
>>30146452
I don't think Guzma is old enough to have been the kahuna who tried to rebel. Here's how I think it went down:

Po Town is responsible for getting the Megamart built; it was supposed to provide goods and jobs to people far from the city.

Tapu Bulu goes full REEEEEEE. If you look at the map his "sacred land" apparently stretches from the (also sacred) mountain right to the shore, considering Tapu Village was also destroyed for offending him.

So Po Town is now totally cut off. Everyone who can afford to move does so; everyone who can't is trapped, like post-Katrina New Orleans. Look at the actual trailer homes where Plumeria apparently grew up; the Team Skull that Guzma gathered up is just this gang of resentful poor kids left behind by the rest of the island. Guzma himself hates tradition after failing as a captain, so it's easy for him to stir up their resentment into a real gang.
>>
>>30150083
There's a lot of those in this game. Plumeria is commonly referred to as "Big Sis", which is the direct translation for what she'd be referred to in the Japanese version.

I think they got away with it this time because Hawaiians have that habit (fictional or otherwise) of calling people "Cousin" or other familial terms, which is much easier to translate to from the Japanese cultural dialogue than most English dialects.
>>
>>30148495
Unova and Kalos were pretty fucked up. A whole civiliation got wiped out because of an asteroid falling and creating the Desert Resort. Then there's the Sacred Swords fighting off humans to protect Pokemon during a war, and Kyurem being a boogeyman figure because he's taken people during the night. Then there's Kalos and that war.
>>
>>30149568
>Trial Captains and Kahunas aren't just isolated like Gym Leaders were, they're parts of the community and have their own homes and shops and lives and you can hang out with them or meet them often in the story
This is what I liked about Unova and this game did it miles better.
Kalos' Gym Leaders are fucking lame.
>>
>>30149645
OIRA SEKAI NI TATTA HITORI DA YO
ITSUMO SEKAI NI TATTA HITORI DA YO
>>
Wonder why Po Town has that huge Escape From New York wall, anyway.
>>
>>30146542
>Though the implication might be that legendary pokemon come from Ultra Space
I remember the time when pokemon came from just regular space.
>>
>>30149145
So how are they going to get that into the anime. Ash is obviously in the no-mega timeline.
>>
>>30151926
The anime is its own timeline.
>>
>>30149215
>Stars
Stop this meme. Necrozma is a prism, not a star. And are you still seriously falling for third version ruse after the last two gen's?
>>
>>30146452
The Tapu battled against the Ultra Beasts and Solgaleo/Lunala years ago after they came out of Ultra Space. The Tapu lost, and Sol/Luna forced them to take care of Cosmog.

That's why Koko saved Nebby and the protag at the start.
>>
>>30149145
>tfw the non-mega timeline is fucked
This is my least favorite meme tbqhwyf

Seriously, all we have are original Anabel and maybe Looker being sucked by Ultra Wormholes and ending up in the mega-dimension, possibly because they were attacked by Ultra Beasts, and retards somehow read that as "WOW THAT MUST MEAN THE OTHER WORLD WAS COMPLETELY DESTROYED!"
>>
>>30149215
There won't be a third version. The best you can hope for are Sinnoh remakes, and hopefully ones that aren't as fucked up as ORAS was.
>>
Wait, where is implied that Nanu and acerola are royals?
It's more logical that Lusamine's family were descendants from royals, also the Alolan Meowth lore says they were royal pets long time ago. I mean, green eyes, blonde hair, insanely rich, benevolent (most real monarchies after their fall they make foundations or covenants).
>>
>>30152543
they mention it themselves during the story on the third island.

And besides, Nanu has a fuckton of Meowth in his house, and his signature pokemon is garfield.
>>
>>30152543
Acerola says it when you first meet her in the library.

Lusamine isn't even from Alola. The Aether branch there was recently opened.
>>
>>30152208
I think anon meant "fucked" and "gone" as in 'original universe will never be the center of focus in any pokemon game again ever except maybe a few lines and cameos here and there'.
>>
>>30152543
Lusamine and her family are foreigners. The Aether branch ain't even a year old at the start of the story.
>>
>>30150181
Wait a second... Yellow, Red, Blue, Pink/Purple, Black, and they fuse?

Voltron!?
>>
>>30152627
>Lusamine is named after a plant from overseas that quickly took over and infested the pacific islands after people imported it there
deepest
>>
>>30152208
One of the libraries has books saying that the first time the ultra beasts appeared the Tapu weren't able to stop them, and a Solgaleo and a Lunala had to save Alola, leaving a child in care of the Tapu before leaving.

You need multiple legendaries to stop them (lorewise).
>>
>>30152688
The old timeline has every single legend the megaverse has except MAYBE Solgaleo and Lunala. Alola might have gotten fucked still, but the minute they invade somewhere more important they have endless strong trainers and legendaries to wreck their asses.
>>
>>30152688
>four Tapu
>vs multiple Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Kartana, Celesteela, and Guzzlord
They were overwhelmed with sheer numbers. Hapu tells you that Tapu Fini fought off the beasts offscreen when Lusamine unleashed them.

And considering there weren't Pokemon trainers back then either, the Tapu were basically the only strong mons.

There's no way that the UBs could have destroyed the pre-Gen VI universe, considering all the strong trainers with Tapu-tier mons.
>>
>>30152759
This. At most, Anabel got sucked into their world. There's nothing indicating that the entire universe was wiped out, and I don't see why retards keep jumping to this conclusion.
>>
>>30147553
Nah, it's pretty neat and should be expanded on
>>
>>30147698
Maybe, maybe not. In hawaii they speak pigeon a lot. You can hear Hau and Kukui speak it a bit by calling you cousin and all. Someone older than you is called auntie or uncle, all your friends are cousin. So it could be either way.
>>
>>30152688
Outside of postgame areas, wild pokemon don't usually breach 50, and trained pokemon don't usually exceed the 60s. The only exceptions here are Legendaries (which are, y'know, LEGENDARY), and exceptional trainers (Red's Lv 70 Pikachu, for instance).

Yet you, the MC, can train pokemon up to Lv 100, a bar rarely seen met in the world of Pokemon. An 11-year-old can accomplish in a few days' of effort what some Veterans can't accomplish in 50 years.

Using this logic, ALL of your pokemon are Legendary-tier, even if you're a casual using your favorite 6 mons to take down and capture UBs. You HAVE 6 Legendary-tier pokemon, because you trained them to that status.
>>
guys what if >>30152534
>>
>>30152985
Sounds like a kingdom hearts plot
>check thread
>someone already made a KH joke
well now
>>
>>30152759
Honestly I imagine the first time an ultra beast showed up in Sinnoh it's wiped out by Palkia.
>>
>>30152627
>Aether is just a branch
>There's more of them operating overseas
>UB attacks are worldwide
I'm glad they are still setting up for more of this.
>>
>>30154252
>sequel to sun/moon
>turns out Lusamine was high on UB toxins which drove her crazy
>is now a good person and vowed to improve the Aether foundation, starting from the Aether headquarters
>few days later
>wormholes start appearing across the globe
>mass UB invasion
>turns out Lusamine really was crazy all along and was merely pretending to be cured from brainwash
>>
why doesn't the opening of wormholes trigger unown to start appearing if shit like really strong attacks from legendaries makes them pop out when the attacks miss and hit the environment
>>
>>30154708
Seriously. Where the fuck are the unown in all of this?
>>
>>30151172
I would imagine it's to protect it from Bulu's wrath.
>>
So Lookers amnesia in ORAS was implied to be caused by him falling through a wormhole like Anabel right?
>>
>Tfw Palmer had to take over Anabels position as Tower Tycoon after she dissapeared through the ultra wormhole

What I dont get is, if she came from a different universe (old games), where the fuck is the Anabel of the mega universe? Fug this is too much lore at once
>>
>>30148777
Nah I love it for the same reason I love Kirby lore. Dark stuff in kids games is hilarious and manges to be a lot more unsettling than many other mediums simply due to the dissonance.
>>
>>30151926
The anime has megas bro

That's why you can get Ash-Greninja and Ash-Pikachu in Su/Mo
>>
Is it unreasonable to assume that Giratina's distortion world and the Ultra Space are related?
>>
>>30149686
An event-exclusive sequence which uses real-life stock photos and creates Eggs of Legendary Lv. 1 Pokémon. Yeah I'm not buying it as being canon.
>>
>>30150083
Hau literally calls the player's mom "Auntie".
>>
>>30154406
>turns out Lusamine really was crazy all along and was merely pretending to be cured from brainwash
This would honestly ruin the story. I'd rather have her be good and see someone else as the evil mastermind behind everything. I also want Lillie to become our Rival, and Lusamine to be proud of her.
>>
>>30155135
There's still the matter of Dialga and Palkia being universe-makers in their own right. If Arceus has any power over them and literally everything that mentions it in the games says that yes, it does then it'd have to be capable of making a universe on its own as well.
>>
>>30155119
I always understood the distortion world as a special place (think hell) Arceus created to torture Giratina for eternity. Like a pocket dimension of nothingness for eternity, where time doesnt move and the worlds on its axis.

I think that in the inevitable remakes, Cyrus will try to tear into the distortion world and may accidently create more ultra wormholes, a good excuse to be able to catch the Ultra Beasts again and maybe introduce more.
>>
>>30155159
And Kakui calls you cousin.
>>
>>30155175
That sounds too cheesy for my taste.

We need some dark twists or something.

Like GoT's Red Wedding
>>
>>30155119
No, I was thinking the same thing as well. At the very least, I feel like the textures are going to be re-used to save time, if they decide to make Sinnoh remakes this gen.

Although I hope that if they do, they'll fix all of the obvious problems with this game. SM are fun, but there are obvious problems, loads of inefficient coding, stuff that doesn't need rendered being rendered constantly, and on top of all of this many enjoyed features were dropped for seemingly no reason except...because gamefreak wanted to? This happens just about every gen, so I'm used to it, but it's still annoying.
>>
>>30155256
Wait, so he's not our cousin?
>>
>>30155340
It's probably just local jargon.
It would imply Kakui and Hau are brothers and that Ha;a is your uncle, and is also Kakui's dad.
>>
>>30146542
Sounds like Plasma to me.

In faft, this entire gen feels like them saying "okay, gen 5 was meant to be our big reboot magnum opus, but it got mixed results instead of a standing ovation. Let's try it again, this time trying to see if we can learn from what failed."

Results are still mixed, but leaning a lot more positive this time.
>>
>>30155175
Like who, Fagba?
>>
>>30155340
It's a hawaiian thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_kinship

>LUL WIKIPEDIA
Eh whatever.
>>
>>30150181
shiny minior has a necrozma pattern when you crack its shell
>>
>Lusamine would rather live as a fucked up possessed husk of a person than as a parent
man i dont even know where to start with this game this is some serious shit
>>
>>30149568
Hau is your Ash. You're Gary. You beat him to every trial and have the mon strong against his.
>>
>>30155520
No different than Ghetsis adopting N for the sole purpose of using the Box Legend and spreading his "pokemon should be free" ideology, which N truly believed in, and then calling him a complete failure and telling him that everything he said was bullshit
>>
>>30155575
>Hau never wins
Nah, we're more like his Alain or something. Even Ash managed to beat Gary.
>>
>>30154708
>>30154898
That's anime shit.
>>
File: 1476070992962.png (157KB, 301x273px) Image search: [Google]
1476070992962.png
157KB, 301x273px
>>30150540
This this 100 times this.
>>
>>30146542
>Team Skull are just some street punks

One aspect that these games touched upon were that a lot of Team Skull members, even though they were just a bunch of goofy thugs, they just wanted to make ends meet. Gladion's homeless for instance. Presumably Po Town is where they all live, far away from everyone, in an abandoned town. Some of them take their battle losses directly to heart. They're far from organized criminals like the other villains of the series.
>>
>>30155520
I'm pretty sure it was just Nihilego's toxins speaking for her. You cans see she turns back to normal and asks when Lillie became so beautiful once Nihilego is seperated from her.
>>
>>30149682
>>30149649
You know what made me think they were the real villains when they were revealed? It was the fact that they had "employees" and showed them off. The employees were grunts. What do villainous teams have? Grunts.
>>
>>30155217
It sure would be whacky and not stupid as fuck at all if arceus could make things stronger than it
>>
>Lillie in the background while I'm fighting Nebby
I hate this fucking game
>>
>>30155842
>all employees aren't actual employees
>>
>>30149568
>>30150540
>>30155726
>Trial Captains and Kahunas are parts of the community

I honestly loved this the most. It went a long way in making them feel like believable people. Most Gym Leaders are really just confined to their Gyms, and in a sense, are merely obstacles. Unova did a great job at doing away with this by having them show up outside their Gyms, and also their Gyms were usually their line of work (like how Burgh is an artist, Elesa is a model, and so on).
>>
>>30155874
Could Arceus make a rock so big that even He could not push it with HM04?
>>
>>30155896
Designated waifu.
>>
>>30155949
all it takes is one enthusiastic dare
>>
>>30155119

We just don't know.

My guess is that the Distortion World is a shadow. It simply exists and has no meaning beyond counterbalancing a normal world.

Unlike it, Ultra Space is a proper world with its own living beings other than just Giratina and some weird plants. I don't think it was ever said that time/space is distorted in there either.
>>
So what's Nanu's problem?
>>
>>30150268
>>30150295

The residual energy of dimensional travel that mark fallers and UB doesn't seem to affect the SM legendaries, who have the ability to travel at will, nor Necrozma.

Maybe it dissipates?
>>
>>30155119
The distortion world is literally just giratina's pocket shithole, the two are separate. Theres not even the slightest clue given ingame about relations.
>>
>>30148777
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrapsaccharineWorld
>>
>>30148777
>make the game reflect the lore

Colosseum and XD.
>>
>>30156066
Jaded from working in the International Police after they used a Faller to bait Guzzlord along with him and Looker.

It's implied that Guzzlord did the Faller in, whether it ate her/him or just beaten her senselessly, I don't know
>>
>>30156066
He wanted to be hardcore but the tapus won't let him
>>
i can't take all this shit too seriously when the ultra beasts still have their cutesy mannerisms and whatnot programmed in even if it may be 'non-canon' because some random npc hasn't told us about their lovely playtime with a pheromosa they befriended or some shit like that
>>
>>30156174
>TVTropes link
Fuck you, I planned on doing shit today.
>>
>>30152840

Perhaps the 'Megavolution' Universe is the new world that Cyrus succeeded in creating?
>>
>>30148777
Perhaps it's because the games are usually from the perspective of a child or teenager.
>>
>>30156335
The implication is that they're not innately evil or hostile, just that the process of being torn through a portal into the main universe is painful to them and that the world feels 'wrong', which drives them to act out. Only exception might be Nihilego, which lives as a parasite and would cause problems whether it was shoved through a portal or not.
>>
>>30156493
Some of them have inherently negative impact on the world around them, while not being "evil". Celesteela burns shit up whenever she moves long distances and Guzzlord can't stop eating basically ever and doesn't discriminate in the slightest, which would make him a problem anywhere but a highly remote area with an infinite supply of "food".

Nihilego only possesses shit when it feels threatened, but that's pretty easy to do, so it can't be near any populated areas (at least not without some sort of antivenom, since people seem to be more or less "fine" post-possession except for the lingering toxins).

Xircutree is an issue anywhere that electricity and/or flammable items exist.

Pheremosa doesn't seem to have any real problem with people, though. It just seems to want to be left alone. Or if you want to read too much into things, wants to dominate those around it for free servants.

Dunno about the Sun exclusives.
>>
>>30149649

Mind you during that time the employee's brains were completely fucked up with nihilego toxins
>>
File: 1468182127720.png (683KB, 2504x1552px) Image search: [Google]
1468182127720.png
683KB, 2504x1552px
Sun and moon is too fucking dark when it's sugarcoated to be a kids game.

The amount of shit that gamefreak got away with made me wonder how they got an ESRB rating of fucking "E"
>>
>>30156698
tfw none of the UBs just want a buddy
>>
I think most people fail to realise that niheligo's toxins only amplify innate desires so it cant really be called mind control
>>
>>30156844
Nihilego wants a buddy. Hell, it's the embodiment of "I have to protect her" in Pokemon form.
>Possesses something to protect it from harm
>Gives that something superpowers so it can protect it better
>Eh there's some neurotoxin backlash but who cares you're protecting cute jellyfish waifu, right?

It's really creepy no matter how you slice it, though.
>>
>>30156840
It's not dark at all, maybe for a Pokemon game, but not overall
>>
File: CnSxtlcVUAEr8jV.jpg large.jpg (264KB, 2048x1518px) Image search: [Google]
CnSxtlcVUAEr8jV.jpg large.jpg
264KB, 2048x1518px
>nihilego
>nihilistic archipelago

my brain is thinking on it's own
>>
>>30156264
Text/caps for that?
>>
I'm kinda disappointed that Lillie Lusamine and Gladion weren't UB shapeshifters. But that fight against Lusamine made up for it
>>
File: la_la_la_la_la_by_emptyvoids.png (36KB, 708x574px) Image search: [Google]
la_la_la_la_la_by_emptyvoids.png
36KB, 708x574px
When will Pokemon have it's own Giygas?

Creatures Inc worked on the MOTHER games.

Fulfill your heritage Pokemon.
>>
>>30154708
The Unown mostly seem to show up when it involves Arceus and the Creation Trio.
I would assume then that Ultra Space is a dimension directly parallel to ours and doesn't break through the Unown's dimension to get to us.

>>30155014
Potentially. Given how much Game Freak love using Looker, we might get an answer in the future. Since it's likely he'd show up in DP remakes and that takes place in between his memory loss and Sun and Moon, it could be then that we find out. Or not. Game Freak loves to disappoint.

>>30155119
The Distortion World balances the rest of the dimensions and used to be some kind of prison for Giratina. But given how he can freely move between worlds, he doesn't fuck the normal world up and actually helps to protect it by stopping Galactic's plan, I'd say he's been redeemed at this point.
>>
>>30157191
At this point giratina simply lives in the trash and has chosen it as their personal home

the dumpster is their territory
>>
>Pokemon lore
Is there a decent version of a mythos tree out there? All I found was some shit that said Arceus created every mainline legendary
>>
I noticed that a LOT of Pokemon can talk. Some in complete sentences. Just found a mimikyu that says "Me...me curse...you". Just found it weird.
>>
>>30157243
In the anime he's very territorial of the dumpstortion world.
But then again, he has to be or creation collapses into a heap and everyone everywhere breaks apart into nothingness.
>>
>>30157309
the totem screams SAVE ME
>>
>>30157315
poor giratina doesn't get the thanks it deserves
>>
>>30156698
Maybe those processes aren't a problem in the UB's native universe?
>>
File: mimikyu.png (182KB, 805x271px) Image search: [Google]
mimikyu.png
182KB, 805x271px
>>30157309

Honestly I think Mimikyu is supposed to be able to talk
>>
>>30157287
There's not really a "myth tree". Each region has its own lore and most groups of legendaries are completely independent from each other.

For all we know, things just go like this
>Arceus created the universe, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and the Lake Trio
>on Earth, some ancient pokémon appeared out of the environment itself like Heatran, the Weather Trio and maybe Regigigas
>then Mew appeared and everything else was born

Other legendaries and mythicals are just strong creatures with local legends talking about them. They're not worldwide/universal forces or anything.
>>
>>30157309
They're going to turn pokemon into youkai.
>>
>>30157519
Pretty much what I'm thinking, it's like putting a new species into a different ecosystem. There's going to be horrible repercussions to the balance that can't support it.
>>
>>30152208
>anon didn't play the Delta Episode.

The nonmega timeline would have the same world-ending meteor with no MegaRay to destroy it.
>>
>>30158048

Normal Rayquaza destroyed a world-ending meteor in PMD.
>>
>>30158048
The meteror was only dangerous because Deoxys was controlling it. It was even specifically aiming at the Sky Pillar. Meanwhile, in the nonmega timeline, Deoxys was chilling on a deserted island.

Also, ORAS Sootopolis is a meteor crater, while RSE Sootopolis was a dormant volcano. A meteor was about to hit ORAS Hoenn 2000 and 1000 years before the events of the games, yet nothing about those meteors was even mentioned in RSE.

What I'm trying to say is: AZ's weapon and the creation of mega evolution somehow changed literally the entire world, and possibly the entire universe as well. There's no reason to believe the Delta Episode meteor would even exist in RSE's dimension.
>>
>>30157287
My interpretation of it is this:
Some Legendaries were created by Arceus for specific purposes, might include Mew, Zygarde, the Weather Trio and the Mortality Duo alongside the Creation Trio and the Lake Guardians.
Others were born of belief, people believed these Pokemon existed so they began to. This could include things like the Forces of Nature, the Lunar Duo (though more specifically Darkrai for the nightmares), the Tao Trio and Celebi
A few were created intentionally by people or Pokemon, this is Magearna, Genesect, The Titans, The Beasts and Mewtwo. According to Sun and Moon's code, this also includes Silvally.
The remaining are just really rare and really powerful Pokemon. Some are so rare that they are the last of their species, which might be the case for the Swords of Justice.
>>
>>30156955
Nihil+ego means "no self."
>>
>>30158606
>>30157287
I always interperted it as
>Arceus made Palkia/Dialga/Giritina
>Dialga made Celebi and Eon Duo
>Palkia made anything related to earth/life
>>
>>30155340
>anon has never called someone "bro" or "cuz"

Are you an UB?
>>
>>30157187

Super mystery dungeon comes close.

It still is kind of a kids game so nintendo can't put something blatantly nightmare inducing in game or else they will get a lot of angry gamer moms calling in.
>>
>>30158859
Super Mystery Dungeon just took Dark Matter from the Kirby games.
>>
>>30149030
DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E
>>
>>30146811
/Thread
>>
>>30155104
Yeah, but just like the games, they only appeared in X/Y or whenever they appeared. So did we jump timelines in the anime without us being told?
>>
>>30157187
It's just so frustrating that we can't get a good RPG out of Pokemon. It's so loved and has such potential. At least a spinoff with a bit more effort put into the story.
>>
>>30155228
Not torture. Contain.
Let it learn to harness it's gravity powers without destroying everything like it had been.

Once it got enough control of its powers it was fine, and comes and goes as it pleases.
It still prefers there though, I think, since it stays there most of the time. Probably because it has to reshape itself for the material plane just to stand up.
>>
>>30155337
>many enjoyed features were dropped for seemingly no reason
Dropped and replaced are two different things.
Stop fussing about hordes, SOS is both faster (only 7 mon to max a stat) and gIves better rewards for skilled play like 4 31 IV, HAs, and better shiny odds.
>>
>>30155408
And is rainbow colors when not shiny.
Prism theory deepens.
>>
So why is zygarde split up? I assume since resolution cave only has guzzlord that they fought and zygarde had to split itself? Thoughts?
>>
>>30155949
I mean, he's not omnipotent. He's just a creation diety. In fact, creation ex nihilim is about all he's uniquely good at. Even his signature is just creating meteors coated in type energy to rain down from the sky. So yes, i'd say that fits quite snugly within his purview.
>>
>>30155949
Of course. Heck, he can't even learn crabhammer.
>>
>>30156451
I don't think I'd call megaverse nihilistic or "in his image", which were his main traits to try to incorporate
>>
>>30156840
Nothing was obscene or gratuitously violent.
Ergo, E rating.

E doesn't mean lighthearted or shallow you know. It's just a "no offensive content" marker.
>>
>>30156876
I mean, neurotoxin just makes it love you back right? It's like a weird form of coddle yandere.
>>
>>30157606
I couldn't decide if it can talk or can just mimic and parrot sentences.
>>
>>30157243
Like Oscar the grouch.
>>
>>30156844
>Implying Buzzwole doesn't just want to roll around in the mud with Machamp
>>
>>30159662
Honestly that just makes it even creepier to me than it was before.
>>
>>30159458
Sketch Mew when?
>>
>>30146811

surely there's more to it than that though?

I mean, even without the UB aura, there's gotta be some basic genetic differences between UBs and pokemon from our universe.
>>
>>30146827
lol
>>
>>30149568

>Hau's not really your rival at all and acts more like a friend and helps you out most of the time so it's less formulaic, also he doesn't hit you over the head with his issues and just acts friendly so when serious things happen it's more meaningful when he looks determined

I hated this 99% of the game, but in Aether he completely redeemed himself

Spoilers: He actually uses logic to corner Faba

I was like SHEEEEEIT, nigga has a point
>>
>>30149568
>an obsession with pokemon collection, which is a relatable concept in the franchise
Fuck, I just realized Lusamine keeps Pokemon cryogenically frozen because she's making a living dex.
>>
>>30160173

A real living dex, unlike the poor imitation in your PC Boxes.
>>
>>30160173
Plus it looks cooler
>>
>>30159251
I could give a shit about hordes. Honestly, with how laggy the game gets trying to render 4+ entities at the same time AND a background AND a field AND terrain/weather all at the same time, hordes would cause this shit to tank fast, even on a N3DS.

I'm talking about literally the entire rest of the game.
>Super Training cut, which includes Reset bags. Pelago tries to offer a decent replacement, but is passive and doesn't reset EVs, requiring you to either breed a fresh mon or do it the old-fashioned way of spamming friendship berries. Pelago also trades speed for quantity, allowing you to EV Train en masse, but only for one stat at a time per group of 6, but taking almost an entire day to get fully capped in that one stat.
>O-Powers cut because they were good.
>No new megas so that they can push the new mechanic harder. That'd be fine, except that less than half of the previous Gen's megas are supported in SM for no reason except Fuck You.
>Friendship is STILL a dogshit mechanic. That Gladion is able to Friendship Evolve 2-3 mons in the short time between the last time you see him and the last time you fight him before the League is nothing short of a fucking miracle.
>Player Customization is much more shallow than in XY. There are half a dozen different options for haircuts and more options for males than before, but most of the clothing choices are between 4-6 different tops, 4-6 different bottoms, your choice of sandals w/ socks or shitty-looking shoes of varying patterns, all with a half-dozen of the SAME EXACT design variants and color schemes, almost all of which are shit. Full body outfits and "special" outfit items are completely discarded, sans the Skull Tank. Girls get lipstick but it makes everyone look like a 2nd-grader trying too hard to be a cheap whore, when it looked better in XY (even though it was shit there).
>Trainer Promo Vids are canned. Completely worthless mechanic, but still a fun diversion.
>>
>>30160726
>I could give a shit
So you do care
>>
>>30152666
Satan is right, all hail
>>
>>30160726

Your last two points are valid but cutting O-Powers, Megas and Super Training were good changes. All three were absolutely degenerate and it's wonderful to see /vp/ go from bitching that Gen VI is too easy to bitching that they actually have to KO 200 Zubats again.
>>
File: 1479233486855.png (204KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1479233486855.png
204KB, 1366x768px
Just gonna slip this in because it feels a little relevant at the moment.
>>
>>30160726
continued because I ran out of post:
>There's no good way to rematch trial captains/Kahunas and/or your rivals outside of specific events or the Champion Rematch (which is admittedly a nice touch). Considering this was a complaint in ORAS, you'd think that GF would've bothered to try and fix it, but nah.
>Hyper Training is a worthless mechanic because it requires you to farm specific things like crazy, you can only get so many bottle caps a day, and it only works on Lv 100 mons when most people don't train above 50 except to get specific moves higher up. The mechanic is completely worthless to casual players because they don't care about grinding for ~20 points of a stat that is just "winmore" for them. Additionally, ONLY having the option to set to 31 is shit since you still have to breed for that perfect 0 Attack IV on your Mage Mons.

>>30160797
Anybody who bitched about XY being too easy needs to get over themselves. Pre-Gen 6 games were stupid as fuck and EV grinding was basically a no-life tax to be competent at the game. Super Training meant that players who didn't want to memorize sections of the wiki or figure out the exact horde they needed to fight every time could just sit in Super Training and grind up for a few hours for each mon (less if they got a streak of Flare bags, which they could rack up while working on other shit). It was tedious but workable and more importantly, accessible for casuals (and by relation easier for people to get into competitive). Fucking up just meant you had to find a Reset Bag, not learn this specific combination of berries and their relation to your stats until each stat was emptied out.

There are plenty of other reasons that Gen VI was "easy", but if you cite how easy it was to get Breeding materials or EV train things, fuck off you entitled little no-life brat. Nobody worth talking to cares about your opinion. I've been playing this shit since the beginning and Gen VI was amazing for its QoL improvements.
>>
File: smug korbo.png (389KB, 554x463px) Image search: [Google]
smug korbo.png
389KB, 554x463px
>>30161086

Just inject it like all the other lazy failures do.
>>
>>30155766

Actually Gladion lived in a motel room for years, he paid for it with a bunch of money he brought with him. He tells you to piss off if you find him, it's cute.
>>
>>30161150
>Bluffing the game into buying that X is real to save time.
I'm not against it, but I don't think it's wrong to want such things to be just as easy to acquire for somebody with the base game alone.
>>
>>30158335
Since the meteors are all tied to Deoxys it's probably some infinity energy thing that keeps attracting them or at least encouraging them to crash meteors into populated areas.
>>
>>30160164
This. I ended up liking Hau. The bar was set pretty low after the mong squad from x and y but they pulled it out and made both him and Gladion palatable.
>>
>>30161086
>Hyper Training is a worthless mechanic
Hyper Training is supposed to be used on legendaries, shinies with competitive potential, pokémon you've transferred from gen 3/4 (when the breeding system was shit), or pokémon with event moves, not on those hundreds of quasi-perfect pokémon you get through mass breeding.

It was never meant to be a replacement for breeding, just a nice little complement.
>>
>>30146542
I was thinking Lillie could get attacked by UBs since she's also a Faller but it's unlikely unless something causes another UB outbreak
>>
>>30160881
fucking thank you. All this new unexplained shit was starting to confuse me.
>>
If you look into the history of Hawaii (there's some historical fiction book I can't remember the name of right now that I would recommend), you'll find Hawaii IRL has a pretty fucked up history. Not that there isn't a country/land that doesn't.
>>
>>30160881
>if someone gets a good booth, it can spread like Pokerus
Except each good EV shop costs like 1700 festival coins.

And you have to keep grinding for literally days on shitty minigames and quizzes to get all the FC required to buy 7 booths of those.
>>
Okay, so here's my pathetic attempt to grasp the mega-universe and wrap it into a cohesive whole:

- [Theory] Arceus is/was an Ultra Beast from Ultra Space that became a 'natural' Pokemon, much like Cosmog.

- There are many different dimensions in Pokemon. The Unown have their own, and so do the Creation Trio and Arceus (maybe Ultra Space?).

- The original universe, Gen I - IV/V, exists within its own dimension. Looker as of ORAS (as it takes place before XY) may be from the original universe.

- Mega Evolution has origins in space given Rayquaza being able to Mega Evolve from eating a meteor. Possible connection between Mega Evolution/Infinity Energy and Ultra Beasts?
>>
>>30160726
>Half of the Megas aren't in the game
Wait, I thought you could buy them all at the Battle Tree
>>
>>30164518
Nope, only the Megas for Pokemon in the Alola Pokedex, though the items still exist in the game's coding and work as intended. Which probably means that
>a. Gamefreak isn't completely retarded and is run by sane, reasonable human beings and intends to patch a way to obtain them in along with National Pokedex entries come January when Pokebank updates
>b. Gamefreak isn't completely retarded and is run by assholes and plan to release a series of event distros of Pokemon holding their Mega stones for SM
>c. Gamefreak isn't completely retarded and run by Jews and plan to make them all available in Pokemon Star for the Nintendo Switch, coming Holiday 2017
>d. Gamefreak is completely retarded and doesn't have any intention of making them available at any point in the foreseeable future

Place your bets.
>>
>>30164862
I'll put down $50 for Option C, my good sir
>>
>>30164862
$10 on C
$5 on B
$5 on D

I'm a safe gambler tonight.
>>
>all this talk of malasadas everywhere in the game
>it's a specialty
>knowing what I know about hawaiian foods I Imagine it as some kind of crispy fried bun filled with rice, roasted meat and a rich brown gravy, maybe some fried egg or some salty sea vegetables
>turns out it isn't a fictional food
>so excited to learn about it
>its just a fucking plain donut
>>
>>30165423
Everyone loves pastries.
>>
>>30165423
Plain donuts are the shit, man
Or are you the kind of person who loves shoving creams and jams in a donut
>>
>>30149030
How did that series end anyway
>>
>>30165934
Boston Creme donuts are the SHIT.
>>
File: 1479933272574.png (375KB, 896x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1479933272574.png
375KB, 896x1078px
>>30149568
SM really knocked it out of the park when it came to story and characters, at least compared to previous games

Can't wait for gen 8 to drop the ball like it's on fire because impetuous children whined about cutscenes
>>
>>30156103
There literally is a report saying that Giratina's existence can be cited for evidence of universes outside our own, like Ultra Space.
>>
>>30166296
Shame I didn't choose the first option, thankfully I had the sense to bully Lillie later though
>>
>>30158335
In the non-mega timeline, the meteor landed aeons earlier and created birth island
>>
>>30165934
glazed. you dont serve plain donuts as a specialty, you serve them to old people nostalgic for the tastes of the 1800s
>>
>>30166055
Technically it didn't, at least Gen 1 didn't. They never finished the shitty serials.
>>
>>30166391
>bully Lillie later though
How do you do that?
>>
>>30166678
>"what do you think about my makeover?"
>ehhhh
>"oh yes, I beat my first trial, pretty good, huh"
>I've seen better
The way she pouts over it is pretty funny
>>
>>30149568
>Lusamine is a great villain because she's not some wacky world-destroying monster, her antagonism is focused against her family and on an obsession with pokemon collection, which is a relatable concept in the franchise
Holy fuck, I'm not sure how intentional this was by the writers but it's a perfect concept for the 20th anniversary games' villain. She's so obsessed with collecting Pokemon that she starts collecting Pokemon that shouldn't even exist.
>>
>>30160726
>No new megas so that they can push the new mechanic harder. That'd be fine, except that less than half of the previous Gen's megas are supported in SM for no reason except Fuck You.
ITS ALMST LIKE THERE WILL BE ANOTHER SET OF GAMES THIS GEN
>Friendship is STILL a dogshit mechanic. That Gladion is able to Friendship Evolve 2-3 mons in the short time between the last time you see him and the last time you fight him before the League is nothing short of a fucking miracle.
There are cutscenes where they actually go "HEY WE ARE GONNA DO THE THING TOMORROW". Just because YOU beat the game in a day, doesn't mean it takes place in a day. There is likely at least a week between the two encounters, during which some MAJOR character sevelopment happens which is what strengthens his bond with the Pokémon.

The rest? Yeah, okay. Those are complete bullshit and I agree with you.
>>
>>30160881
This doesn't even say the best way to grind levels.

Every 10 pokebeans you feed to your Pokémon, you get a rare candy from the cafe.
>>
>>30159871
Well, Wicke does say that Poke Balls don't think the UBs are Pokemon and that impairs their catching powers, which is why Beast Balls are needed instead.
>>
>>30164862
I'm an optimistic guy, so I think I'll take A.
>>
So, will Gamefreak tie Ultra Beasts into a Gen IV remake involving Arceus and the Creation Trio, or are they yet again going to be a one-off mechanic?
>>
>>30146458
>but I have another more crackpot idea that I think is more fun- it was the Tapus

The book in the library says the Tapus were there first and then Lunala/Solgaleo appeared and subjugated them.

Tapus hate UBs since that episode. Lunala/Solgaleo is the only one they respect due to winning in a fair fight. But they won't treat other invaders nicely.
>>
>>30147490
I still think Nanu really is her uncle because he has a Persian in his team, besides all those Meowth in the police station.
>>
>>30167623
They'd have to retcon the rules of the dimensions.
It'd be kind of neat if they were able to tie it together well.

I really hope they don't forget about Ultra Beasts soon, it's a really neat addition.
And I didn't like them or the idea of them when I first heard about them.
>>
So is this "alternate megaverse" just a bunch of autisitic headcanons because to me it just seems like Gamefreak enjoys retconning past games when a new one comes out. Like adding 100 pokemon that mysteriously didn't exist in the previous gen even though one of them created the universe.
>>
>>30167623
>implying Palkia doesn't have complete control over ultra space
>>
>>30166934
>the villain in a game is someone hacking for illegal pokemon
>>
>>30167801
How does that prove anything?
The DARK trainer has a DARK pokemon. Clearly that makes him related to the GHOST trainer.

Fucking what?
>>
>>30167724

Shit, I musta missed that book.
>>
>>30168085

Alolan Meowth were imported by the royalty, so him looking after them all implies he looks after royalty or has some relation to them.
>>
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version
>there are people still in denial about Stars
Don't you stupid fucks ever get tired of getting BTFO?
>>
>>30167972
It literally says in the post game of ORAS and MooSun that there are multiple universes. The major difference is that in the "new" universe that Gen7+ORAS take place in, mega evolution came about from meteors that hit the planet, making them extremely common. While in the old universe, Megas came about as a side effect of AZs weapon, and thus were limited to only the Kalos region.

So basically: Gen 1-5+XY take place in the original universe, while ORAS+Gen7 take place in the Mega-universe.

We also literally have characters who got here from the old universe.
>>
>>30168172
wrong thread senpai
>>
>>30168246
>it literally says in the postgame of ORAS

all they say is theres a different universe for each game version. Black and White do that too with the different cities. They reference AZ's weapon in ORAS too. I don't know much about Sun Moon but you're plain wrong about the ORAS part.
>>
>>30167623
Three options:
1) New Ultra Beasts appear in DP remakes. Probably in areas where dimensional walls are weakest such as the Solaceon Ruins, Spear Pillar and Turnback Cave.
2) No new Ultra Beasts for this Generation, but more in Gen 8.
3) No more new Ultra Beasts.

I personally think 2) is likely
However I also think Game Freak might do new Megas in DP remakes. But knowing Game Freak that could well mean a "Totally not Mega" Origin form for Dialga and Palkia.
>>
>>30168172
1) wrong thread.
2) the same article posted more times is not any more convincing.
>>
>>30168246
>gamefreak retcons past game for the 10th time
>This time it's gotta happen in an alternate universe!

what
>>
File: Teridax's_Death.jpg (108KB, 770x330px) Image search: [Google]
Teridax's_Death.jpg
108KB, 770x330px
>>30166055
With a moon landing
>>
So what in the post-game is considered Canon? How long do you think the protagonist can hold his/her title?
>>
>>30169676
Not much.
If it's not required for the post game plot to progress, then it doesn't happen.
On that note, what happens if we run out of Beast Balls? Does Looker give us more, or is the mission failed?
>>
So is mega evolution mentioned in the game at all? Is there a reason for all the gruesome mega evo pokedex entries?
>>
>>30149107
Isn't the next entry going to be Pokemon stars?
>>
>>30167198
>Every 10
Now, that's definitely incorrect.
>>
>>30170103
Stars is like a code name
>>
>>30152759
Alola may not have existed period.
>>
>>30146827
kys
>>
>people talking about original universes and shit

Jesus fucking christ, the autism. Just pretend the original universe had mega evolutions and all that crap and their you go, it still happened.
>>
>>30156451
>>30152840
What the fuck are you guys talking about?

>Anabel
>muh multiple dimensions
Just because GF was too lazy to put in battle frontier doesnt mean Anable never existed in "this universe". It's a fucking soft retcon to explain why the early gens didnt have megas.
>>
Will the next pokemon game implement social links so that when you improve your relationships with your *cough* waifus/husbandos *cough*, then you guys get stronger in pair battles or you do pokemon fusions?
>>
>Underlying message of the Legendary plotline is that people (and by extension Pokemon) are not just things for you to collect and admire as your own personal vanity project
>Postgame bends over backwards to justify capturing Ultra Beasts as your own personal vanity project, to the point of equating it as "Protecting" them

I can't be the only one who found this the least bit hypocritical, right?
>>
>>30169752
Gives you more, 1 at a time. I am curious as to how you would go about running out of them unintentionally, considering You can catch all but the last in 1-2 balls (esp. if you open with sleep move, and then, the last one in 1-2 balls as well). The 4x catch one, UB-04, is also 255 base catch rate (and can't be slept). So yeah, hard pressed to run out.

>>30169953
Post-game, the Duo who gave you Zygarde Cube give you the Mega Stone + 1 of the mega evo items.
>>
>>30150237
It gets bathed in Twilight instead. Both Sunlight and Moonlight at once.
>>
File: 1479249590319.jpg (77KB, 844x845px) Image search: [Google]
1479249590319.jpg
77KB, 844x845px
>>30171292
The other option is letting the UBs roam lost and confused around Alola causing as much trouble as they please

For the sake of the peace they need to be either eliminated or captured, and since sending them straight home is apparently not an option and they're still just pokemon at their core it would be better for them to be in the hopefully loving care of a powerful trainer who can keep them in line instead of whatever interpol or the aether foundation had in mind for them
>>
>>30171292
Nope.
>>
>>30155014
I really feel like there are two Lookers. Unless the timeline for XY-S/M had BoTH UB events happens within it.
>>
>>30168246
The events of XY happen in the same universe as ORAS, there are just separate instances of Mega Stones being created from great energy being generated. 1 from the meteor and 1 from AZ's weapon.
>>
>>30155783
It's explained in-game that nihilego toxins never manipulate people in doing what they don't want to do. Instead, they shut down inhibitors. Think huge doses of alcohol.
>>
>>30171702
Its like refugees and shit

rely makes u thingk
>>
What was Grimsley doing in Alola? Cant wait for gen 5 remakes. Need more Elesa porn
>>
So why are they leaving Lusamine's husband in poke pelago? Seems kind of too important there.
>>
>>30169953

Gruesome mega evo entries?
>>
>>30171292

But that's the point of Poke Pelago in this game. You're not sending Pokemon into some soulless computer void, they're instead going to a well-equipped, comfy tropical series of islands to have fun. It's founded by the guy who used to run Aether, so it's the solution he found that Lusamine needed to challenge her weak justification.
>>
>>30172922
dex entries for mega evolution sound dark and painful for the pokemon

look it up
>>
Does anyone remember where Sina tells you to meet her after you collected 10% zygarde cells? I kind of forgot about her.
>>
>>30173113
also wondering this

she even called me when i collected cores, and reached 50% of cells and i still forgot where to meet her
>>
>>30173113
>>30173134
route 16, > of pokecenter
>>
The Tapus get caught and forced to stay in the PC forever because of their crimes against humanity.

Or at least that's what I'm doing with mine
>>
>>30173173
thanks senpai
>>
>>30173173
Thanks. And I forget but I'm not allowed to use zygarde until his doge form right? Why are his cells in alola? That explained?
>>
>>30173195
Just like the majority of legendaries. Not powerful enough to resist? Enjoy being a box-warmer.
>>
>>30173227
you can make him at 10%, make a 50% form, or a 100% form. You can break any form down again, or just combine them with more cells to turn 10%+40 cells > 50% Zyggy. You could even make 10 10% Zyggys for fun, I suppose.
>>
>>30173230
At last Alolan people are free and Iki Town won't be forced to make festivals honoring the Tapu anymore.
>>
>>30170270
The difference that created the mega timeline was whether or not Az fired the Infinity Cannon. In the old universe, he apparently overcame his grief and lived and died a normal man. Nothing involving him all the way over in France could've created Alola itself from nothing in the last thousand years.
>>
>>30173227
you can make him into 10% form yes.

and no, not explained why the cells are there. possible 3rd version or sequel bait though considering Zygarde only shows up in areas with ecosystems in danger.

or just because the anime glossed over it and XY didn't whatsoever (also brought in Ash-Ninja)
>>
>>30173286
Red and Green 2 are too obvious.

Cant wait to see what that building is going to be in vermillion city.
Thread posts: 288
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.