[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth the time raising affection in Refresh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: refreshaffection.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
refreshaffection.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
Is it worth the time raising affection in Refresh?
>>
>>30138969
It makes the game easier, since they can heal statuses, dodge moves, get crits and hold on with 1 HP multiple times in a row.
Which made my Nuzlocke Run much easier.
>>
>>30139025
this
>>
>>30138969
it really isn't difficult and kind of fun. a few pets, a few beans, and after a small while, they'll have full hearts
>>
>>30138969
Once you gather some rainbow beans from the Pelago, you can max their affection in like 2 or 3 beans alone. Easily worth the time.
>>
It's a massive increase in the effectiveness of your Pokemon if that's what you're after. They grow faster, get extra crits, act as if they always have evasion boosted, have a chance to endure hits to 1HP, and have a chance free themselves from status at end of turn. It can be overpowering and I'm not a fan of losing difficulty, but if you like that, do it.
>>
I dodged a fucking earthquake...so yes.
>>
>>30139025

The status shaking and dodging is real handy for catching legendaries.
>>
Does 1 heart give me any benefits? I always pet the shit out of new team members, but I'm afraid of making the game easier.
>>
>>30139847
Feed it with a rainbow bean. I think it gives it three hearts. You can get more at Poke Pelago.
>>
>>30138969
You can literally max out affection with 2 rainbow beans and 2 or 3 pets.
>>
Can I even pet my Pokemon during battle anymore like the other games?
>>
>>30138969

It's especially worth it for Incineroar. Not for any mechanical reason, just because it only makes sense for the heel to no-sell everyone's moves.
>>
>>30140537
It doesn't seem like it.
That kind of functionality has been replaced with the ability to go straight to refresh after battle to clean them up and cure their statuses.
>>
>>30140673
I just feel weird not petting them after they did something to have me praise them after every KO.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.