[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled how does vp feel about Red and Blue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4034.jpg (102KB, 468x235px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4034.jpg
102KB, 468x235px
Now that the dust has settled how does vp feel about Red and Blue?
>>
A little better than RG, but still far worse than Gen 0.
>>
>>30133692
horrible by today's standards, back then it was something praised for being different to most rpgs
>>
Not enough cutscenes.
>>
>>30133692
Great games back in the day, but I haven't played them for years and I can't imagine they've aged well.
what did anons who played them for the first time on vc think of them?
>>
>>30133692
Only good generation. The first 151 pokemon are the only pokemon, all others are forced garbage that bandwagon on the success of R/W.
>>
Worst gen by today's standards but incredible for their time
>>
>>30133692
Only good thing are Blue and the fact that you could tackle some gyms in any order.
>>
very mechanically outdated but extremely important for the history of videogames and they does have certain charming elements that the following games lack
>>
>>30133692
They were exceptional at the time, but they also had glaring flaws back then in terms of both battle system and menu shit which only become more and more impossible to ignore as the years roll on.
>>
File: change.png (2MB, 1200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
change.png
2MB, 1200x2200px
I'm just gonna leave this here
>>
File: BpMiOux.png (36KB, 362x611px) Image search: [Google]
BpMiOux.png
36KB, 362x611px
I liked it until I remembered how Wrap was.
>>
File: old poke art work.jpg (614KB, 1280x920px) Image search: [Google]
old poke art work.jpg
614KB, 1280x920px
They need to be seen in context of the time, back then tey were THE shit and a huge influence, now you are better of playing crystal for the retrofeels or admit that you have nostalgia goggles on in order to enjoy it.

>>30134517
Hnnnnnnnnnnng old sugimo-
ouch
dont do this.
>>
>>30134667
more of that set plox
>>
File: fat pikachu.png (241KB, 498x464px) Image search: [Google]
fat pikachu.png
241KB, 498x464px
>>30134718
Only one I saved.
Have a fat pikachu as a reconcilation.
>>
>>30133692
Fun, but not as filling as later games in regards to features and variety. ONE ghost line, ONE dragon line, didn't even realize ice existed until years later (thought it was a gen 2 addition), etc.
The real shitter was FRLG, where you couldn't evolve certain Pokemon without the national Dex, requiring you to beat the damn game. Also, Sevii Islands were shit, they could have at least done Mount Silver or all of Johto instead. A remake with the potential to surpass it's preceding version with 2 generations of new features and content that cuts its own nose off in the name of nostalgia. Don't even get me started on how they just went ahead and used the same shit maps with minor graphical updates.
RBY were fucking great, and fun in their day. FRLG sucked ass.
>>
>>30133692
The best way I can explain it is that it's like the N64 Goldeneye.
It's a horrible fucking mess by today's standards but normalfags still love it.
>>
>>30134817
god damnit pikafeild you fat rat
why are you so fat
>>
>>30135014
>ONE ghost line, ONE dragon line
not necessarily a bad thing. they were meant to be special

agree on the ice type. it feels like they just made articuno and then felt the need to tack on the type on a bunch of random pokemon
>>
>>30133692
Go play Pokemon Colosseum, it's way better
>>
they're charming but honestly totally broken games
anyone who defends it must've forgotten how bad wrap was because fuck
>>
I feel like it's kind of comfy 2bh
>>
>>30134517
that's misleading, 2nd set is global link art not sugimori art
>>
Kanto is boring as hell.
>>
>>30134286
jesus christ I swear I wasnt drunk when I wrote this

very outdated mechanically but extremely important for the history of videogames. they do have certain charming elements that the following games lack
>>
>>30134517
>muh art

Who cares? They looked like shit in game and that's all that matters.
>>
>>30133692
One word; Missingno
>>
>>30133979
R/W?
Red and White?
>>
File: yungoosew.png (112KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
yungoosew.png
112KB, 600x600px
>>30135594
there's no more sugimori art. he's no longer doing the art
>>
>>30134517
digital art was a fuckin mistake
>>
>>30136268
The water colors didn't even accurately show what's in the game. Or anime. It's borderline fanart.
>>
>>30134517
Goddamn, putting them side by side is depressing
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.